Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-05-19 11:41:34

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Answering Questions Regarding the Everybody Edits Reboot

Pls don’t remove 1x1 hooks.

Or at least introduce accidentally a new set of glitches that can be made into “pro” minis. ^^

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#27 2018-05-19 11:48:51

Mait

Tomahawk wrote:

Or at least introduce accidentally a new set of glitches that can be made into “pro” minis. ^^

Pls remove 1x1 hooks.
They are the worst things in the history of EE tbh

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

Wooted by:

#28 2018-05-19 12:00:00

Gosha

Tomahawk wrote:

We can't just make and remove glitches from the game. If you ask me, i still don't understand what exactly causes 1x1 hooks. But creating new engine for sure will cause new physics glitches you can use //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#29 2018-05-19 12:41:47

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

Right now, searching for "EE" or "EBE" on Google really doesn't bring up anything to do with Everybody Edits for many pages

Sounds like a webcrawler issue?

Discord: jawp#5123

#30 2018-05-19 12:44:19, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-19 13:10:01)

LukeM
Website

Gosha wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

We can't just make and remove glitches from the game. If you ask me, i still don't understand what exactly causes 1x1 hooks. But creating new engine for sure will cause new physics glitches you can use //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Its fairly simple, to allow you to fall into one wide gaps, you only collide with blocks in your destination rectangle, this means that if you jump and leave the block in one tick, you don't collide with the block above you:

Ln9JZuL.png

Note: I guess thats why all the full remakes (the ones that don't just copy EE's code) use smileys that are slightly smaller than a block, as this means that they don't need to actually design clever physics, they can just do generic collision detection. (Please do not do this in the official remake!!! Make sure you spend time learning how EE's physics work, so you can design new engines that avoid these problems by design, rather than using hacky changes like smiley size)

Note 2: If you can't work out how to do this, or don't have time to etc. I'd be happy to help with it once I've finished my exams. A while ago I started making a JavaScript remake of EE, and after a lot of time looking into and understanding EE's current physics I was fairly sure that I could recode them to be neater and more efficient yet still function (almost) exactly the same - close enough that the remade client could connect to the official EE servers and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. (Unfortunately I have been very busy since then, so I haven't been able to finish it, but I'm still fairly sure it could be done, even if you wanted some of the bugs fixed too)

Wooted by: (4)

#31 2018-05-19 14:14:33

Gosha

LukeM wrote:

Its fairly simple, to allow you to fall into one wide gaps, you only collide with blocks in your destination rectangle, this means that if you jump and leave the block in one tick, you don't collide with the block above you:

I understand that pretty clearly. But it doesn't mean i can fix it (if i wanted to) or recreate in the reboot

Wooted by:

#32 2018-05-19 14:34:58, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-19 14:35:30)

LukeM
Website

Gosha wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I understand that pretty clearly. But it doesn't mean i can fix it (if i wanted to) or recreate in the reboot

I agree that usually this isn't the case with bugs, but as long as you are doing continuous collision detection (which is really the best option for a game with physics being such a central feature), I've found that a lot of the physics quirks can be controlled with very few side affects. As I said, I'd be happy to help you to if you want, I've done quite a lot of experimenting with physics engines since, so I think I've got fairly good at this sort of thing.

#33 2018-05-19 15:00:27

MWstudios

Will you release some game suggestions from this forum?
For example, world option "Save only block placed by you". Others' blocks won't be saved, instead the game will load blocks that you placed there in previous save. Ideal for cleaning the mess after trollers.
The game remembers who placed a block, inspect command is a thing so why not this?

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by:

#34 2018-05-19 16:57:28

peace

MWstudios wrote:

For example, world option "Save only block placed by you". Others' blocks won't be saved, instead the game will load blocks that you placed there in previous save. Ideal for cleaning the mess after trollers.
The game remembers who placed a block, inspect command is a thing so why not this?

that is bad what if 5 guys have edi tyou and 4 guys wokr on somethign and the 5th trolls you save only blocks place dby you work of othe r4 is gone

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#35 2018-05-19 18:21:08

Mait

peace wrote:
MWstudios wrote:

that is bad what if 5 guys have edi tyou and 4 guys wokr on somethign and the 5th trolls you save only blocks place dby you work of othe r4 is gone

what

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#36 2018-05-19 20:28:10

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

den3107 wrote:
Memomemo wrote:

Could we perhaps have the option to have multiple owners of a world?

Asking cuz of free edit worlds, can't always be online (for trolls)

I assume co-own a world without a system like the current crew system?

I assume something like this

suddenly random sig change

#37 2018-05-20 14:05:59

soniiiety

what about everything I buyed? will I still have eevrything that i had on my ee acc? or do i have to start all over and spend extra money on it since all my blocks and etc is gone

#38 2018-05-20 14:23:40

Koto

Why not just call ot Everybody Edits rEEboot.  rEEboot seems like it would come up with the game if you googled it.

#39 2018-05-20 14:53:09

Gosha

Koto wrote:

Everybody Edits rEEboot.

Because it's ugly

Wooted by:

PTU

#40 2018-05-20 16:16:36

peace

why cant the old sever just stay open?

peace.png

#41 2018-05-20 16:21:37

MartenM
Website

peace wrote:

Because it would be stupid to have people play the old game if there is a new one.
Certainly because they can really use that early player boosts.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#42 2018-05-20 16:27:49

Mait

peace wrote:

It will stay open???

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#43 2018-05-20 16:33:11

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Mait wrote:
peace wrote:

It will stay open???

No it won't.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#44 2018-05-20 17:01:59, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-20 17:03:21)

LukeM
Website

I understand it as:
When they start the reboot, the old servers will stay running for a while to allow for a transition period
After this transition period, they are stopping the servers (there won't be classic or anything)

Although I would really like to see a classic version of the game staying it makes sense to close it as if they are moving to a new host then they would have to pay probably more than double to keep the classic version running (as they would have to pay both the new host and the old host).

Wooted by: (4)

#45 2018-05-20 17:38:02

Luka504

soniiiety wrote:

what about everything I buyed? will I still have eevrything that i had on my ee acc? or do i have to start all over and spend extra money on it since all my blocks and etc is gone

In the new reboot we will lose everything we had in EE, so regardless of how much time/money you spent, you are going to have to start over. That way we are all equal.
Welcome to communism, kid.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#46 2018-05-20 18:04:01

Mait

Luka504 wrote:
soniiiety wrote:

In the new reboot we will lose everything we had in EE, so regardless of how much time/money you spent, you are going to have to start over. That way we are all equal.
Welcome to communism, kid.

Xeno just said that we probably gonna get a refund in gems. you better say touche

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#47 2018-05-21 11:52:06, last edited by Offensive Ray (2018-05-21 12:00:24)

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

How about this idea:
Gems won't be used for shop, they'll be used for levels, the time you get a new level, you'll get a chest, that chest will either contain a smiley or a block.
Gems will be like the XP for the level, each time you make an update, the levels will increase +1 level to the maximum, XP will be gained by playing campaigns, being active in the game, and maybe by magic coins if they stay at the reboot.
Player's main aim will be getting a higher level and competing with their friends.

#48 2018-05-22 15:22:29

peace

we get 3 months to transfer all our worlds but how to do that with like NO blocks to start with?

peace.png

#49 2018-05-22 16:10:33

Mait

peace wrote:

we get 3 months to transfer all our worlds but how to do that with like NO blocks to start with?

Can you even understand English? They wont transfer worlds, because there will be completely other physics. It's a completely game. peacep ls i realy cat expand all the tiem to u

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#50 2018-05-22 16:33:19

LukeM
Website

Mait wrote:

Can you even understand English? They wont transfer worlds, because there will be completely other physics. It's a completely game. peacep ls i realy cat expand all the tiem to u

I think he is saying 3 months to move over any worlds you want to keep using bots or whatever. (Not saying that this is a good idea, just that its possible)

peace wrote:

You don't need to actually build it in 3 months, you could always just download your worlds then upload them later when you have purchased (if they are doing that) the blocks or when more suitable blocks have been added or whatever.

drunkbnu1542224426731917

Board footer