Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-05-25 04:20:53, last edited by Important-Fatty (2018-05-25 04:21:02)

Important-Fatty
Anonymous user

Re: Proclaim your sins

Itch71 wrote:

Christianity doesn't offer a cause for God

all religion is bad. nobody can prove the existence or nonexistence of a "higher power" so it is all just stupid and has no point.

its just a book

#52 2018-05-25 04:24:13

Itch71
Anonymous user

Important-Fatty wrote:
Itch71 wrote:

Christianity doesn't offer a cause for God

all religion is bad. nobody can prove the existence or nonexistence of a "higher power" so it is all just stupid and has no point.

its just a book

I agree they cause troubles, but I still wonder what allows existence? Did something need to allow the big bang to happen? I figure it's entirely likely that whatever did/does is actually indifferent to our existence, but I still wonder then: what gave rise to them?

anywho

#53 2018-05-25 04:36:03

Useless underdog
Anonymous user

What gave rise to God?

#54 2018-05-25 05:20:22

KawaiiKitty
Anonymous user

Itch71 wrote:

I agree they cause troubles, but I still wonder what allows existence? Did something need to allow the big bang to happen? I figure it's entirely likely that whatever did/does is actually indifferent to our existence, but I still wonder then: what gave rise to them?

Why does whatever created us need to have an conscience? If we look at the scientific facts we posess about the universe today as well as all the theories in physics and quantum physics there is nothing which empirically states that the world or universe "needs" to have been created by an higher conscience. Or if it was, that it necessarily thinks in any way we do, or is even comprehensible by the human mind. The christian interpretation of god is laughable in this regard. Since there are so many possibilities i believe humanity should collectively free itself from the shackles that holds back our creativity by setting limits or ascertains absolute truths without empirical evidence. Some things may certainly never be explained, but that just means they should stay so.

#55 2018-05-25 06:44:11

young yodeler
Anonymous user

rabidRacist82 wrote:

I believe that peer / familial pressure is the only reason religion thrives.

I agree that it's a major factor, but there's the problem. "I believe this" doesn't mean that much on an online forum, especially if you're a teenager or young adult (which I assume you are, like I am). There are people with far more knowledge and wisdom than we could express here, and life is a lot deeper than can be expressed in a short forum post.

If anybody reading this wants to see if religion has merit, I recommend looking at what life has to offer—not just what people tell you about it. And if you look up to somebody, look up to somebody who is sincere. Sincerity is the most real thing there is.

This is why I can't wait for the discovery of aliens, Christians will be having a field day.

If Abrahamic religion can handle the idea of earth orbiting the sun, they surely would be able to survive the discovery of aliens after a bit of skepticism. I mean, it's not like it contradicts what's in the Bible. I'm sure the people who follow what Jesus taught in the Bible would learn to love and respect those they aren't familiar with, including aliens.

#56 2018-05-25 07:04:04

Useless underdog
Anonymous user

Well, the Bible glorifies Earth and everything that happened on it. Genesis only describes the creation of Earth, so if the apostles wrote on the behalf of God in his conscious, wouldn't they mention aliens from other planets if God is indeed all-knowing? It seems suspicious such a large possibility was left untouched in the Bible.

#57 2018-05-25 08:03:25

impulsive inmate
Anonymous user

Sins anonymous, huh? Even though it's anonymous, pretty dope list to see your sins

Board footer