Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-05-08 22:32:11, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-05-08 22:33:18)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Re: Official Ask Me Anything 2! (Xenonetix)

Jet wrote:

what’s the point of having NPCs display individually on the action tab when you can change them in the ui with the arrows anyway?

We realise this is weird, and we do plan on adjusting it to be one way or the other. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I'll trust John on this one. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Raphe9000 wrote:

First, it's been discussed that in the rEEboot, players will lose their worlds, but they will be given some smiley or other item that shows they played the original game. This seems to be to recognize old players, but what would recognize also recognize old players is if rare and hard-to-obtain smileys. such as big spenders, fanboys, contest smileys, and supermen, were carried over. Do you intend to allow players to keep these smileys over the transition, or will everyone be starting on the same page for a fresh start?

The nature of how smileys work is likely to change in the reboot as well, so carrying over the existing smileys isn't really an option, but I do plan on making sure to reward the people who have supported the game in a substantial way, such as anyone who has purchased gems to buy Big Spender or Diamond. Unsure at this point what will happen in regards to Fanboys and Contest Rewards.

Raphe9000 wrote:

Also, the NPC update has been, debatably, the biggest, best, and most daring update the game has seen in what may be years. With this success, do you plan on releasing more updates like this?

Thanks! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile We hope to provide a generally high standard of updates when it comes to the big ones, but I'm unsure we have anything quite on this scale planned for the current version of Everybody Edits. We do have more "action blocks" in the pipeline though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Raphe9000 wrote:

Finally, Everybody Edits has seen its fair share of owners, and all are regarded in some sense of awe or disappointment, and you appear to be, at least so far, a very capable owner. However, only few have dealt with the responsibilities it requires. How tough is it trying to make the best decision for the game, and do you feel all of the previous owners attempted to do the same, with some's actions not being appreciated, under this responsibility?

A deep question, and one that's difficult to address.

Some owners made better decisions than others, and some didn't take the responsibility as seriously as others. I think many of the previous owners, certainly when they initially became owners, were trying to make the best decisions for the game as it was at the time, and some things may have been added as a result of a few people speaking up instead of considering the needs of the whole community. I don't think many of the previous owners considered how the game would progress on a long-term basis (of more than a year).

Very few people owners other than Chris Benjaminsen considered the game from a business point of view, and I believe most of the owners were unaware of how to handle the financial side of the game. Even Chris always said he only really ever thought of it as a hobby, and basically passed it on to someone else when it got too big for him to handle alone. For any owners after MrShoe, there was no company-backing to support the game, so the only financial support was through the sales in the game themselves.

As such, I want to provide a great experience for everyone playing the game, but I also want this to work as a business in the long-term (and not just a hobby or side-project), so it's very hard to find that balance at times, especially in these early stages. Nevertheless, I'm very pleased with the staff team that's been assembled, and I hope we can continue to do great things for the game as time goes on. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

shadowda wrote:

will switches(global and purple) , team doors, portals. still be in the rEEboot?

I think there has to be some form of portals in the reboot at least. As for switches, I don't see why they shouldn't be in the reboot, although they may also take a different form.

But then there are team doors... Currently, there are no plans to include Team Doors in the reboot. I believe they were initially added to the game in an attempt to promote multiplayer games and co-operation, but that's rarely happening. Even though I concede they've been used in creative ways in the current game, I'm not sure they will work well in the reboot... However, that's not to say there won't be teams in the reboot (although we're still unsure on that at this stage). We plan to try to experiment with teams in other forms - I don't want to go into too much detail right now as nothing's set in stone, but I have a few promising ideas. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

KingN24 wrote:

Can you re-add the dragon smiley and gold pile block?

Well, they were never added, or finished, in the first place, as far as I know. I might have a conversation with Toop and/or Kentiya soon about the Dragon smiley, but no promises!

Glaauber wrote:

In the reboot, are you thinking of leaving important things from players like Beta or Gold Membership?

Currently unsure. There will certainly be a Beta stage of the reboot, and the current plan is for that only to be available initially to people with Beta in this version of the game (for a Closed Beta stage prior to an Open Beta stage). From a business perspective, I do think it makes sense for there to be some sort of subscription available, so there may also be some sort of special "Membership" tiers, but whether it'll still be "Gold" or not, it's too early to know. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Nikodemzak wrote:

Will there every be a green wizard or a random portal?

Even though this is outside the 24-hour window, I might as well mention that we have no intentions of adding either of those, although with the way portals (now) work, I believe it is random which you go to if you point them at one ID, and have multiple portals with that same ID. This used to be sequential based on the order of portals placed, but this is no longer the case as far as I know. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thanks Everybody! I'm sure there'll be a forum AMA 3 in future //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by: (6)

#52 2018-05-09 01:21:15

HeyNK

long hair or short hair?

#53 2018-05-09 01:48:11

Guest.

Sqwairle wrote:

32 hours later, still answering to questions..

my name is jeff

#54 2018-05-09 06:52:35

peace

Xenonetix wrote:

Schlog wrote:
https://imgur.com/hwy02Si.png

I'll trust John on this one.

i think the answer is K

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#55 2018-05-09 19:47:15, last edited by peace (2018-05-09 19:48:05)

peace

sry for doublee post but xen

xenonetix wrote:

Looks like other people have posted completely reasonable solutions in that thread for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

what you sai dhere isnt right i just want to be able to join that world me and my friend made for our old crew as logo crew is deleted or atleast disabanded and a new one is created as listed in the topic world is unjoinable now if you could carry it over as a large world to the new crew  er well im not sure if the new crew has a logo yet or bought otherwise if it cant become a normal lrage world it can become the logo fo the crew ive checken and the crew has an empty logo world

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#56 2018-05-09 19:55:18

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

sry for doublee post but xen

xenonetix wrote:

Looks like other people have posted completely reasonable solutions in that thread for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

what you sai dhere isnt right i just want to be able to join that world me and my friend made for our old crew as logo crew is deleted or atleast disabanded and a new one is created as listed in the topic world is unjoinable now if you could carry it over as a large world to the new crew  er well im not sure if the new crew has a logo yet or bought otherwise if it cant become a normal lrage world it can become the logo fo the crew ive checken and the crew has an empty logo world

Have you read the suggestion? You can easily use a bot to download the old world and copy it to the new one, and as this isnt something that you need to do commonly, it really doesn't need to be an in-game feature.

Wooted by:

PTU

#57 2018-05-16 19:46:54

kreacher

John wrote:
My guess

its k bcos c is the y intercept and if the whole graph goes down then the maximum will go down too and the end point of the graph will go below the t axis so it will end before the original end point

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

kreacher1526496414706654

Board footer