Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-04 21:23:19

Raphe9000

Transparent Pattern Block/Decoration

I have no idea if this idea is good or not, but it's one I've had for some time I'd like to just get out for discussion purposes.

What if there was something in the game that was clear with some pattern on it? You'd place it on top of a background, and it looks like some variation of that background.
I see two ways this can play out.

The first is as a decoration. Basically, it just provides some variation to backgrounds to make them look better and to add a lot more options with only a few new things. Imagine a canvas pattern on a neon background, a checker pattern on a pastel background, or a stone pattern on a lava background. The possibilities are endless.

The second is as a block. It's a transparent to translucent, not invisible, block with a shadow, and you place it over a background for it to have a pattern and be used as a block. A few possibilities would be a brick pattern on a pastel background, a tile pattern on a checker background, or even grass on a lava background.

These could even be made more advanced if they were colored in certain areas to change up the backgrounds even more.

This idea is mainly for discussion, but I do feel it could actually do a lot of good, especially for making small changes to backgrounds or using backgrounds without block equivalents as blocks, and there's be hundreds of new variations of backgrounds and blocks with just a few simple ones added.

#2 2018-05-04 21:55:48

Koto

Re: Transparent Pattern Block/Decoration

We sortof have that: Windows

If this was expanded upon, it would need to be on another layer.

Wooted by:

#3 2018-05-04 22:14:40

Raphe9000

Koto wrote:

We sortof have that: Windows

If this was expanded upon, it would need to be on another layer.

Well, Windows is a version of I'msuggesting. Really, I'm suggesting what's almost an expansion of them.
We wouldn't need another layer because it could either be a block, or it could be a decoration - like windows.

#4 2018-05-04 22:26:51

Koto

#5 2018-05-04 22:52:35

Raphe9000

The thing is that, unless the reboot is out next week, it is impractical to have a whole new layer added to the game when they work just fine on the regular layers.

#6 2018-05-05 12:20:05

peace

Raphe9000 wrote:

Basically, it just provides some variation to backgrounds to make them look better and to add a lot more options with only a few new things. Imagine a canvas pattern on a neon background, a checker pattern on a pastel background, or a stone pattern on a lava background. The possibilities are endless.

this on a new layer os something would be nic yyeah

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1525519205705327

Board footer