Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 19:51:29

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

A portal for a one.

SV02QMK.png   NNXKRX1.png   41DvsuN.png   Cu46jBG.png
I thought this would be pretty useful for system creators.
That's one of my first tries creating a block, so it could be improved somehow, I hope you get the idea of this suggestion and to like it.

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-03-17 20:56:16

thanksL0L

Re: A portal for a one.

a good thing for a tag game

Its time to tell the truth again

#3 2018-03-17 21:07:52

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

this is too complicated and narrow in usage
how does it reset the "nobody entered the portal yet" variable?
why not use a simple switch system instead?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2018-03-17 21:14:00

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

TaskManager wrote:

this is too complicated and narrow in usage
how does it reset the "nobody entered the portal yet" variable?
why not use a simple switch system instead?

It resets when the number of players is done, for example if you added 10 players in, after 10 players join the portal, 1 of them will be chosen to be in a place and the other 9 will be chosen to another place.
Not complicated at all.

#5 2018-03-17 21:30:06

SmittyW

Wk1wDoW.png
I guess crown doors have their uses after all.

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2018-03-17 21:36:08

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

SmittyW wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/Wk1wDoW.png

Still a chance for a bug, 2 joining with each other at the same time would let them win together.

#7 2018-03-17 21:57:23

SmittyW

Oray wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

Still a chance for a bug, 2 joining with each other at the same time would let them win together.

Never had a problem with the crown machine personally, but here's another
ShtUGKC.png
Spawns rotate in order when people die or are reset. This one is guaranteed to separate players. If you need it for an indeterminate amount of players that triggers automatically I'm certain you can figure out a machine using this tip and some global switches.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-03-17 22:05:33, last edited by Offensive Ray (2018-03-17 22:06:51)

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

SmittyW wrote:
Oray wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/ShtUGKC.png
Spawns rotate in order when people die or are reset. This one is guaranteed to separate players. If you need it for an indeterminate amount of players that triggers automatically I'm certain you can figure out a machine using this tip and some global switches.

Don't you think that this is kinda complicated system?
Adding a number of players, both of the targets is much easier than making a big system, in fact it won't take a big space from the world which will be useful for these who make systems on a limited area.

#9 2018-03-17 22:12:44

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Oray wrote:
SmittyW wrote:
Oray wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

Adding a number of players, both of the targets is much easier than making a big system, in fact it won't take a big space from the world which will be useful for these who make systems on a limited area.

well how "a portal that teleports one player to one location but as soon as that happens all the other players that enter it will be teleported to a different location until X players do it then one player teleports to first location again" doesnt sound confusing and complicated to new players?
not to mention that the amount of situations where this would come in handy is so small

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#10 2018-03-17 22:28:02

Anak

How is the one player target determined exactly? First/last person to enter or by chance? Or would that be toggleable?

#11 2018-03-18 03:39:50

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Oray wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

I have not seen a properly-made crown-based player filter break before.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#12 2018-03-18 10:59:23, last edited by LukeM (2018-03-18 11:01:54)

LukeM
Website

The only problem with crown filters is that it means you can't use the crown anywhere else, so you can only have one per world (or more than one, but they'll be more buggy)

IMO the best idea would be to have a new thing that works similar to crowns, but has multiple colours / ids so you can create your own things that do things like this

#13 2018-03-18 11:16:42

peace

this reminded me of an idea i hacvve so long i should try to make some ghrapics for it and put it in my ghrapics topic and i should finish some other ghrpics im working on... nice idea though...

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#14 2018-03-18 13:19:42

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

TaskManager wrote:
Oray wrote:
SmittyW wrote:
Oray wrote:
SmittyW wrote:

well how "a portal that teleports one player to one location but as soon as that happens all the other players that enter it will be teleported to a different location until X players do it then one player teleports to first location again" doesnt sound confusing and complicated to new players?
not to mention that the amount of situations where this would come in handy is so small

What I meant was like, using boosters to teleport many people to an ID, and one of them will be picked randomly to be in another different ID.
However I started seeing what the problem is with that portal.. I was trying to create a smaller thing than a system that would teleport players to locations.
My idea was typically like making a portal with 2 chances, one of them will be more than the other to be teleported to, that would work sometimes maybe in battle fights or some other systems like tag system.
It's not supposed to be for 1 player, it could work for more, like the chance to be teleported to that area if there was 10 players in the world - without counting the owner - would be for example 1 to 10, or 2 to 10, you can decide that at the portal status.

Offensive Ray1521375582699599

Board footer