Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-03-16 05:18:53

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Re: Ask Me Anything! (24 Hours)

Whirl wrote:

How do you do your job at EE Staff?

Legendarily.

Volkswagenz wrote:

Is this still open?

Yes.

Volkswagenz wrote:

Which one do you like better: a lamp or an empty sheet of paper?

In the real world, I would argue you can do more with an empty sheet of paper, including light it on fire, providing a form of lamp.

Tomahawk wrote:

What incentives are there for current and future devs to work on the game?

If the game makes enough money, I'd like to be able to pay staff for their work in future. For the time being, they get monthly gem rewards and 90 second energy refill times.

pipec wrote:

Will this become a thing? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

There's a chance that something along those lines would come in the reboot, but it's relatively unlikely we'll be doing it in the current version of the game.

pipec wrote:

Also when Update!!  (Year,Month,Date,Time).

Well, I'm not sure exactly when the next update will be, but hopefully in 2018, March. On 21st March, we plan for the various Winter seasonal items and campaign to disappear and be replaced with the Spring campaign.

phinarose wrote:

1. Where is my $5,000,000,000?

Hidden text
phinarose wrote:

2. Why am I a moderator?

I dunno, I didn't recruit you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Kikikan wrote:

*Vsauce music starts*
W h e r e  a r e  y o u r  f i n g e r s?

Unless there's a VSauce video I missed, on my hands.

RavaTroll wrote:

Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

Yes. It worked. Thanks.

Memomemo wrote:

WHere am I

It looks like next to an air vent.

IanJanes wrote:

What is your goal? You've joined the EE team of staff, but still are like the previous. What can you do to change that, and will you be leaving in two months?

Not sure quite what you mean by "still are like the previous", but as a veteran player of the game for over 7 years, I want to see the game do well and succeed. As such, I want to rebuild the brand, and create a rebooted version of the game which brings the game back to its roots, but at the same time, breathing fresh air into it, and reviving it back to a booming community. I took the game on as a project I'm passionate about rather than a way to make money.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm wondering if there are plans to implement a proper solution to lobby flooding, as well as other aspects such as reporting.

These are all things we're looking into. The reboot won't be handling worlds in the same manner anyway, so lobby flooding should be less of an issue there. In the current version, hopefully the lobby overhaul will go some way to assisting preventing attackers.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

When will you give up on the idea of t-shirts and embrace the plushy merchandise?

I've done the research, and, however much I would love to do plushies, (and that's certainly a possibility much further down the line), T-shirts are an easier entrance into the merchandise marketplace. I'm hoping we can expand the range to include plushies in future, but right now, unless people are willing to pay over $100 per plushy, it feels relatively unlikely we'll be able to viably produce them.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

When will you implement an account selection screen rather than forcing users to manually login to their alt accounts.

That's unlikely to happen in the current version of the game no matter what. We'd rather everyone just stick to one account and avoid using alts at all, so consider yourselves lucky you're able to log in to multiple alts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

XxAtillaxX wrote:

When will the magic algorithm be changed to increase chance, especially for new users who are unable to obtain the majority of blocks everyone else has without spending a small fortune on classics.

Actually, new users are far more likely to receive magic than veteran users. The algorithm includes the amount of max energy a user has in its calculations. We've considered adjusting it so that people with much higher max energy have more of a chance of receiving magic than they do now.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

When will the campaign reward system be re-hauled? It's readily apparent the majority of players stick to playing campaigns, as there's very little incentive to play other less-rewarding rooms.

Current projection for major Campaign changes is May.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

When will the purchased gems be segregated from login streak gems? It should've been the obvious decision from the very start, given the likely inevitable presence of automation or cheating the system.

In the current version of the game, that's relatively unlikely to change. We have a lot of other plans for the reboot, although daily login bonuses of some variety is something I'd like to keep.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

When will you implement an appeal process to in-game bans? As of yet, they're forced to contact the moderators through email and I'm doubtful they'll go through the hassle of doing so (or are even aware that they could at all do so) for the (albeit rare) instances where a ban isn't justified.

If they're not willing to go through "the hassle of doing so", then I feel like the ban was probably justified enough in the first place. It is a particularly low-priority to have an appeal system added in-game, especially as I trust that the moderators are doing a good job.

Abelysk wrote:

I agree I think that, similar to Platform Racing 2, every world should give rewards.

In Campaigns, every world does give rewards. As for regular levels, it would be too easy to exploit the current system to gain rewards from any level. We have plans to reward people more suitably in the reboot.

Abelysk wrote:

Not a level system, perhaps Energy?

Level-system is currently relatively unlikely in both the current version and the reboot, although not out of the question.

Abelysk wrote:

I mean it would go from over a year to buying every smiley to just a week or month that way.

Like it or not, the game is still a business, so we would still want it to be the case that "free-to-play" players have to spend a lot longer earning the in-game items than the people willing to pay for gems.

Abelysk wrote:

Screw prestige we need more players at this point.

A Prestige system has actually been discussed briefly, but probably not in any of the ways you might be imagining. We'll continue discussing different options. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Alesmile wrote:

will you give TJUMP the pink name he deserves

Is TJump an amazing Graphics Designer I don't know about?

RailMat wrote:

when come there new mod(s).

Right now, I do not believe we need any new moderators. The three we have are doing a great job. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

N1KF wrote:

What is your opinion on macaroni & cheese.

Being based in the UK, it's not as popular a dish as it is in the US, but actually, I'm not that big a fan anyway. I prefer my pasta in other forms, and my cheese on a pizza. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

peace wrote:

oh aloshow t obecome a staff memebr //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Well, for one thing, a good example of grammar and spelling helps. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - If we need new staff, and we believe you'd be suitable, we'll be the ones to approach you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Master1 wrote:

m1 remod

WHEN!?!?!

Possibly in approximately 16 days. We'll see.

Anak wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

I'm from the UK, but Google claims 118.

aye bruv what you ends you from

Not quite sure I understand the question, but I've been based in various locations in the South-East of the country for most of my life.

thanksL0L wrote:

Is EE boring for you?

Not particularly. There are certainly better times to be on EE than others, but there's plenty of stuff to do. I still play various campaign levels every-so-often, as I still have some of the campaigns to complete. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Slabdrill wrote:

How many questions can fit in a single forum post?

Plenty, although I don't know the forum character limit.

Slabdrill wrote:

If I was anonymous, what would my name be?

Probably a string of numbers.

Slabdrill wrote:

What are 10 different subreddits you are subscribed to?

I am subscribed to 0 subreddits.

Slabdrill wrote:

On a scale from 0 to 10, what is your opinion on the character shown in my profile picture?
Do you know the name of the character before google?
What is the name of the character?

I don't know the character or its name, but they look sort of similar to Yuri from Doki Doki Literature Club, or Ayano from Yandere Simulator (neither of which I've played, but just seen Markiplier play). I guess a 5, because it looks a little unnerving.

N1KF wrote:

Um oh no I'm late. I need a question. Do you like...canned spaghetti?

Haven't had canned spaghetti since I was a child I think - If I have spaghetti nowadays, I usually cook it myself or have it in restaurants, although I prefer pizza in Italian restaurants most of the time. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

==============

Thanks everyone! That's time up! I'll leave this thread open a little longer for responses before closing it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix-2.png

#52 2018-03-16 05:40:12

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

hijack 2

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#53 2018-03-16 05:45:10

XxAtillaxX

Xenonetix wrote:

I'm hoping we can expand the range to include plushies in future, but right now, unless people are willing to pay over $100 per plushy, it feels relatively unlikely we'll be able to viably produce them.

If you produce them in stock, there's far less of a cost ratio provided rather than on a per-item basis. It's applicable to nearly all of consumer goods, and the greater effort would involve finding a smaller vendor and (potentially) handling shipping disputes.
I think another option could be a plastic alternative, although it'd probably have more overhead unless there's some means towards texturing 3d-printed spheres (which can already be manufactured in bulk.) I suspect that's unlikely, though it'd still be better than a t-shirt imo.

It'd be much better having a physical replica of a smiley or blocks (like Lego?) than having a crappy t-shirt.

Xenonetix wrote:

Actually, new users are far more likely to receive magic than veteran users. The algorithm includes the amount of max energy a user has in its calculations. We've considered adjusting it so that people with much higher max energy have more of a chance of receiving magic than they do now.

I'm aware of how the magic algorithm functions. I was asking in regard towards the proposal to re-incentivise typical world gameplay in respect to campaign worlds, which you mostly addressed albeit I'm uncertain as to whether you understood the proposal itself.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#54 2018-03-16 06:43:26

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

I'm hoping we can expand the range to include plushies in future, but right now, unless people are willing to pay over $100 per plushy, it feels relatively unlikely we'll be able to viably produce them.

If you produce them in stock, there's far less of a cost ratio provided rather than on a per-item basis. It's applicable to nearly all of consumer goods, and the greater effort would involve finding a smaller vendor and (potentially) handling shipping disputes.
I think another option could be a plastic alternative, although it'd probably have more overhead unless there's some means towards texturing 3d-printed spheres (which can already be manufactured in bulk.) I suspect that's unlikely, though it'd still be better than a t-shirt imo.

It'd be much better having a physical replica of a smiley or blocks (like Lego?) than having a crappy t-shirt.

Yes, but we can put T-shirts on sale for free with the company producing them taking a portion of the sales costs at point of sale, while there's no such option for plushies. We definitely do not have the funds to produce stock for sale.

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:

I'm aware of how the magic algorithm functions. I was asking in regard towards the proposal to re-incentivise typical world gameplay in respect to campaign worlds, which you mostly addressed albeit I'm uncertain as to whether you understood the proposal itself.

This is something that may change in the Lobby Overhaul predicted for May.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by:

#55 2018-03-16 13:40:59

Anatoly

Are 24 hours over //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad ?

#56 2018-03-16 15:41:12

PTU
Formerly Pipec

AnatolyEE wrote:

Are 24 hours over //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad ?

Yes, you are late.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#57 2018-03-16 17:22:19

kreacher

when will the other design contest blocks come into the game?

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#58 2018-03-16 17:28:39

Guest.

Xenonetix wrote:

I feel like this should be changed immediately, as there's multiple ways to obtain Max Energy

#59 2018-03-17 15:07:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

ML please do answer my question about vision blockers you ignored it. Thanks

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#60 2018-03-17 15:28:28, last edited by GreenyMix (2018-03-17 17:24:39)

GreenyMix
Formerly Snivy2014

what's your opinion on this masterpiece
god2.png
and also this even bester masterpiece
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … od.mp4.mp4

Wooted by:
GreenyMix1521296908699424

Board footer