Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-26 13:51:01, last edited by Anatoly (2018-02-26 13:56:36)

Anatoly

Suggestion List

Some of you have already seen this, but I want to open a discussion for those action blocks here:

Broken ladder

yh5F1bA.png
A new kind of secret block. Firstly appears like a complete ladder, but when you touch it, it breaks (Client sided, won't break for everyone)

Superactive boosts

v3qiIjk.png
They are so fast, that the next 3 blocks can be skipped (gone trough). If you get stuck at the 4th block it's owners fault!

Movement keeper

W2PmfW7.png
When entering zones with this blocks the movement keeps staying (can still be influenced with keyboard actions).
Example: You place those after gravity left, you keep the gravity left speed, but you can influence it now with keyboard "right button"

Boost wand

jSTq5fA.png
To save place and make it more beautiful - Boost wand!

Hologram extension (filtered)

DCb8sVp.png

EDIT: Give constructive critism!

Wooted by:

#2 2018-02-26 14:18:40, last edited by TaskManager (2018-02-26 14:19:57)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Suggestion List

AnatolyEE wrote:

A new kind of secret block. Firstly appears like a complete ladder, but when you touch it, it breaks (Client sided, won't break for everyone)

im not sure what to say about this
what would be the purpose?

AnatolyEE wrote:

They are so fast, that the next 3 blocks can be skipped (gone trough). If you get stuck at the 4th block it's owners fault!

this is just an excuse to implement crappy and glitchy physics into the game

AnatolyEE wrote:

When entering zones with this blocks the movement keeps staying (can still be influenced with keyboard actions).
Example: You place those after gravity left, you keep the gravity left speed, but you can influence it now with keyboard "right button"

i kinda like idea of no gravity AND no air resistance (nothing slows you down) but with the keyboard input disabled as well (could this give us the possibilities of creating some unique minis?)

AnatolyEE wrote:

what is this even supposed to do

EDIT: well, there goes my 5000th post. woohoo. what a shame, i hoped to write up something better and of higher quality

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2018-02-26 14:35:23

Anatoly

Thanks for constructive critism //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

TaskManager wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

im not sure what to say about this
what would be the purpose?

Adventure. Would fit good stories. And story is the reasons I hated campaigns. Why not? There are good uses for it.

TaskManager wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

this is just an excuse to implement crappy and glitchy physics into the game

You're right. They would be laggy!

TaskManager wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

i kinda like idea of no gravity AND no air resistance (nothing slows you down) but with the keyboard input disabled as well (could this give us the possibilities of creating some unique minis?)

It's not "no gravity", "no gravity" already exists. It's movement keeper. Example:
CWW82wt.png
Let you spawn on the left block: Gravity right, and you will continue moving to right (if you click right, you'll be faster, up or down makes not much here, left would make you stop)
Let you spawn on the right block. As long you're in the zone you can move like in "no gravity"

TaskManager wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

what is this even supposed to do

Quote from Imgur, Anatoly: "Boost Wand" – Builds a wall but instead of two boosts on each side you can make a wall in one row. It also would look good. If you come from any side you'll be moved in the opposite. First two: if you move from top or bottom it works like a small dot gravity.

#4 2018-02-26 14:46:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

AnatolyEE wrote:

It's not "no gravity", "no gravity" already exists. It's movement keeper. Example:

Let you spawn on the left block: Gravity right, and you will continue moving to right (if you click right, you'll be faster, up or down makes not much here, left would make you stop)
Let you spawn on the right block. As long you're in the zone you can move like in "no gravity"

but thats what "no gravity AND no air resistance" essentially is
theres no force that constantly accelerates you in one direction (the gravity) and theres no force that constantly slows you down to zero velocity (air resistance, so to speak)

AnatolyEE wrote:

Quote from Imgur, Anatoly: "Boost Wand" – Builds a wall but instead of two boosts on each side you can make a wall in one row. It also would look good. If you come from any side you'll be moved in the opposite. First two: if you move from top or bottom it works like a small dot gravity.

might be glitchy imo, who knows
do we really need a new action block to shrink a two-blocks construction to the size of a single block

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2018-02-26 14:57:39

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:

but thats what "no gravity AND no air resistance" essentially is
theres no force that constantly accelerates you in one direction (the gravity) and theres no force that constantly slows you down to zero velocity (air resistance, so to speak)

From my point of view this is a gravity rotation (gravity just depends on how you moved earlier)

TaskManager wrote:

might be glitchy imo, who knows
do we really need a new action block to shrink a two-blocks construction to the size of a single block

Yes, it is beautiful!

Anatoly1519653459696879

Board footer