Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-21 04:49:26

JustNero01

hallo

I'm not sure where to find all the EE bot things. "idk"
But how do you make a bot say something when it joins.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink Megakid4 わム //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#2 2018-01-21 05:25:37

hummerz5

Re: hallo

hi
moved to bots and programming

you probably want to listen in your OnMessage handler wherever  that may be for something like "init" whereupon you might be compelled to send something like the message of type "say" with contents/params = ["message here"]

just a guess

#3 2018-01-21 06:07:01

Xfrogman43

hummerz5 wrote:

you probably want to listen in your OnMessage handler wherever  that may be for something like "init" whereupon you might be compelled to send something like the message of type "say" with contents/params = ["message here"]

just a guess

I find it quite rude when somebody knows something to a higher level than somebody else and makes themselves sound stupid... you could be more helpful

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#4 2018-01-21 06:40:20

hummerz5

Xfrogman43 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

just a guess

I find it quite rude when somebody knows something to a higher level than somebody else and makes themselves sound stupid... you could be more helpful

yeah sorry about that. I'd hoped to combine some form of "we don't just hand out code" with a helpful "well here's what you have to do" while retaining this weird flippancy that I've gained over recent months. I'll look into curtailing that

Wooted by:

#5 2018-01-21 09:48:25

Xfrogman43

hummerz5 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

just a guess

yeah sorry about that. I'd hoped to combine some form of "we don't just hand out code" with a helpful "well here's what you have to do" while retaining this weird flippancy that I've gained over recent months. I'll look into curtailing that

Spoonfeeding is bad, if thats what you're referring to, but its just that you know how to make the bot say stuff, and it probably really confusing to them with your wording and such

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#6 2018-01-21 12:35:22

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

This subforum needs a sticky on how to make bots, which - if nothing else - at least links to the dozens of threads identical to this one.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (4)
Tomahawk1516534522693277

Board footer