Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-20 17:56:45

Filip2005
Website

Replace Pipec's level

In a nutshell it's a brick wall , it isn't easy at all like pipec says,  it's metaphorically a brick wall that's all I want to say , can you (EE staff) change the tier to a much easier level ?

I am Filip and I like women.

Wooted by:

#2 2017-12-20 17:57:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Replace Pipec's level

Git gud

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2017-12-20 18:13:57

Kirby

dude it takes 3 minutes to beat

#4 2017-12-20 18:42:20

P788

Kirby wrote:

For you

#5 2017-12-20 18:45:28

Helvi

Yes. For you, Kirby. If its too easy for you play some of Kiras maps.

Hi.

Wooted by:

#6 2017-12-20 18:55:26, last edited by Filip2005 (2017-12-20 18:58:04)

Filip2005
Website

Devlin wrote:

Git gud

I'm good enough , all it is just crap sections.

P.s. it feels out of place , anything with santa in is bad (exception the difficult classic santa shooting zombies tier . which was decent) , Santa is too overgrown - probably from cookies .

It just isn't good enough , it feels like a racial slur ( 'though not )..

I am Filip and I like women.

#7 2017-12-20 19:23:46, last edited by Kirby (2017-12-20 19:53:52)

Kirby

P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

For you

https://youtu.be/rtinv5S9EyE cool the youtube tag doesnt work

make 3 times the mistakes, and you're still at about 3 minutes. Add in the time it takes to learn the minis, you're at around 5-6 minutes. To make the campaign not too tedious, the max time the average player was supposed to spend on one single campaign tier was 10 minutes (longer for the big levels). this tier is perfectly reasonable for that rule

#8 2017-12-20 19:40:10, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-20 19:41:23)

Joeyc

Ya'll are actually overreacting, I've said it about 20 times. It shouldn't be hard before you learn what to do. Mini's shouldn't take you that long. Kirby also has a good point.

At least this level has some rather good gameplay. The 2nd mini took me a while, but that's the point.

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2017-12-20 20:25:52

P788

Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

For you

make 3 times the mistakes, and you're still at about 3 minutes. Add in the time it takes to learn the minis, you're at around 5-6 minutes. To make the campaign not too tedious, the max time the average player was supposed to spend on one single campaign tier was 10 minutes (longer for the big levels). this tier is perfectly reasonable for that rule

It doesn't matter how fast you speedrun it, a lot of people got stuck on this level. A lot of people should have gone past this level and in 10 minutes according to you, however that isn't the case.

#10 2017-12-20 21:16:44, last edited by Kirby (2017-12-20 21:19:10)

Kirby

P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

For you

It doesn't matter how fast you speedrun it, a lot of people got stuck on this level. A lot of people should have gone past this level and in 10 minutes according to you, however that isn't the case.

which mini do people get stuck on because i honestly have no idea which could particularly cause trouble

1st grab the rope one is forgiving since it's 2 wide
2nd is easy since it's just hold space
3rd is just a double jump
4th is just a single jump but it's sideways
5th is pretty precise but it's just 1 single jump
6th is a very forgiving portal direction change
7th is a double jump

5 is the only one that can cause trouble, but since it's just 1 jump people should get it after no longer than a couple minutes (?)

also i'd like to point out i'm not defending the level itself. personally, i think the minis are super messy and the ingame art matches. the difficulty, however, is a dumb thing to be complaining about

Wooted by: (5)

#11 2017-12-20 21:34:54

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

P788 wrote:

A lot of people got stuck on this level.

I think we may have very different definition ideas over the nature of the word "stuck". Is there anywhere people are legitimately getting "stuck", or is it that there are certain parts that are too difficult? In many ways, it would be easier fixing any specific minis considered too difficult than problems with people getting stuck.

The only complaints I've seen on specific minis are 1, 2, and 5. 1 was made easier already. 2 is a hold-space, although a sign could be added, or the width of the barrel platform could be adjusted. 5 is easy when you know how to do it, and the main complaint is over the nature of jumping into the stars.

So what do you want me to change within the level, bearing in mind the level itself will not be replaced?

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by:

#12 2017-12-20 21:38:28

P788

Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

For you

which mini do people get stuck on because i honestly have no idea which could particularly cause trouble

7th is a double jump

5 is the only one that can cause trouble, but since it's just 1 jump people should get it after no longer than a couple minutes (?)

also i'd like to point out i'm not defending the level itself. personally, i think the minis are super messy and the ingame art matches. the difficulty, however, is a dumb thing to be complaining about

I've seen people stuck on the 1st and 2nd ones. After that I didn't see because this tier is not unlocked for me and I didn't want to play it (one of the reasons).

However, it's still not an excuse.

#13 2017-12-20 21:45:51

Kirby

P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:

For you

7th is a double jump

I've seen people stuck on the 1st and 2nd ones. After that I didn't see because this tier is not unlocked for me and I didn't want to play it (one of the reasons).

as megalamb said, define "stuck". How long were they attempting the mini? if it's less than 5 minutes of attempts then that doesn't count as "stuck", and even then, 5 minutes is short

also pls you can't be arguing the difficulty of a level that you've never played...

Wooted by:

#14 2017-12-20 21:57:03, last edited by P788 (2017-12-20 22:05:10)

P788

Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

7th is a double jump

as megalamb said, define "stuck". How long were they attempting the mini? if it's less than 5 minutes of attempts then that doesn't count as "stuck", and even then, 5 minutes is short

also pls you can't be arguing the difficulty of a level that you've never played...

I played the first 2 minis. And I'm not arguing about the difficulty, I'm saying that you being able to pass it quickly has nothing to do with it. It's not just 1 guy that matters. And the time of being stuck, I don't know, I didn't focus on the people, if they were the same people or not, or how much time they spent... There were some waves of people stuck, that's all I can say.

And why not under 5 minutes? They played the other 18 levels and got to this one. Or are a lot of them playing while having got stuck on a previous level?

Mega Lamb wrote:
P788 wrote:

I think we may have very different definition ideas over the nature of the word "stuck". Is there anywhere people are legitimately getting "stuck", or is it that there are certain parts that are too difficult? In many ways, it would be easier fixing any specific minis considered too difficult than problems with people getting stuck.

The only complaints I've seen on specific minis are 1, 2, and 5. 1 was made easier already. 2 is a hold-space, although a sign could be added, or the width of the barrel platform could be adjusted. 5 is easy when you know how to do it, and the main complaint is over the nature of jumping into the stars.

So what do you want me to change within the level, bearing in mind the level itself will not be replaced?

Stuck as in can't get past a certain mini. I'm not that sure, since I only played the first 2 minis, but change the 2nd one, take out one arrow on the top platform for example. And being hold-space or not does not make it easier.

#15 2017-12-21 01:15:54, last edited by P788 (2017-12-21 01:17:24)

P788

I'm 2xPosting because I have a completely new point of view to write than what I had when the other post was made, and in a different time, editing would mean I wrote these 2 posts right after each other, if I edited again nobody would know when did I wrote the 2nd post, and wouldn't bump the post to alert that new content arrived.

Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

For you

7th is a double jump

I've played the level now and I'll reply to you:

1st mini: so if it was 1 block wide it would be acceptable?

2nd: just because it's hold space doesn't mean it's easy.

3rd: "just a double jump" come on, I used hold space and almost half the time it wouldn't hit the 2nd jump on the left arrows. That's how precise it is.

4th: is easy, why is this a mini compared to the others

5th: so 100 not so precise jumps would be harder than just 1 single jump? The difficulty doesn't count because it's a single jump?

mini you didn't consider: jump which requires precision. And that you had to pass every time you get the 6th mini wrong.

6th: easy (in my opinion) portal jumping where you need to see when the portal change happens to change keys correctly, but I didn't need to see but it was harder. "very forgiving" is not that correct, if it was then you wouldn't need to see when the portal change happens.

mini you didn't include: the worst jump, together with mini 2

7th: "is a double jump" so the mini is just a double jump, no matter how it's done or how precise it is? All double jumps are equal and in difficulty?
And technically is a triple jump, you have to jump at the left arrow, go right and immediatly jump, then you make the other jump.
Jumping twice very fast is a problem.

I felt *really* lucky on completing this level, except on minis 4, 6 and 7.

If you need this dose of luck the level is not good.

#16 2017-12-21 01:25:26

Joeyc

I only felt lucky jumping over those ladders and getting the effect, also getting up there without hitting the anti effect.

All together this level does require a little bit of luck, but it's not to an extent.

#17 2017-12-21 01:29:35

P788

Joeyc wrote:

I only felt lucky jumping over those ladders and getting the effect, also getting up there without hitting the anti effect.

All together this level does require a little bit of luck, but it's not to an extent.

Oh, and I forgot that, you can lose the bigger jump power-up easily compared to the difficulty of the mini.

P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:
Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:

7th is a double jump

I played the first 2 minis. And I'm not arguing about the difficulty, I'm saying that you being able to pass it quickly has nothing to do with it. It's not just 1 guy that matters. And the time of being stuck, I don't know, I didn't focus on the people, if they were the same people or not, or how much time they spent... There were some waves of people stuck, that's all I can say.

And why not under 5 minutes? They played the other 18 levels and got to this one. Or are a lot of them playing while having got stuck on a previous level?

Mega Lamb wrote:
P788 wrote:

Stuck as in can't get past a certain mini. I'm not that sure, since I only played the first 2 minis, but change the 2nd one, take out one arrow on the top platform for example. And being hold-space or not does not make it easier.

There were some waves of people stuck, that's all I can say.

I'll correct myself, there wasn't just a few people, and when I played it now what could you guess? 4 people with the teddy bear smiley stuck on the 2nd mini.

#18 2017-12-21 01:40:09

Kirby

P788 wrote:

3rd: "just a double jump" come on, I used hold space and almost half the time it wouldn't hit the 2nd jump on the left arrows. That's how precise it is.

5th: so 100 not so precise jumps would be harder than just 1 single jump? The difficulty doesn't count because it's a single jump?

mini you didn't consider: jump which requires precision. And that you had to pass every time you get the 6th mini wrong.

6th: easy (in my opinion) portal jumping where you need to see when the portal change happens to change keys correctly, but I didn't need to see but it was harder. "very forgiving" is not that correct, if it was then you wouldn't need to see when the portal change happens.

7th: "is a double jump" so the mini is just a double jump, no matter how it's done or how precise it is? All double jumps are equal and in difficulty?
And technically is a triple jump, you have to jump at the left arrow, go right and immediatly jump, then you make the other jump.

1) no. it also wouldnt be acceptable if it was a 1x1 hook, or wasnt physically possible. but it is 2 wide. and it is acceptable.
2) well it makes it much easier than if it wasnt hold space. You just get on the left one way, hold space and right, and boom itll beat the mini for you. It doesn't get much easier than that
3) That doesn't make it precise. Holdspace isn't reliable for a lot of things like that, and doesn't mean something is more precise. Sometimes you can make a jump that's SUPER easy to manually jump, but not possible to holdspace. This is one of those cases
4) ok
5) ...exactly. If i had to do 100 hookjumps in a row, i'd fail at least one. If i had to only do a 1x1 hookjump, i'd definitely get it within 100 attempts. These questions that you're asking are disproving literally nothing
6) ok
7) except it's not very precise. You have a three block window to make the jump, without any T-jump-like ceilings to get in the way.

as for the ones i didn't consider: those are literally jumps from point A to point B PLS theres NO way that you find those difficult

pls keep replying this is FUN

#19 2017-12-21 02:09:23, last edited by P788 (2017-12-21 02:10:06)

P788

Kirby wrote:
P788 wrote:

1) no. it also wouldnt be acceptable if it was a 1x1 hook, or wasnt physically possible. but it is 2 wide. and it is acceptable.
2) well it makes it much easier than if it wasnt hold space. You just get on the left one way, hold space and right, and boom itll beat the mini for you. It doesn't get much easier than that
3) That doesn't make it precise. Holdspace isn't reliable for a lot of things like that, and doesn't mean something is more precise. Sometimes you can make a jump that's SUPER easy to manually jump, but not possible to holdspace. This is one of those cases
4) ok
5) ...exactly. If i had to do 100 hookjumps in a row, i'd fail at least one. If i had to only do a 1x1 hookjump, i'd definitely get it within 100 attempts. These questions that you're asking are disproving literally nothing
6) ok
7) except it's not very precise. You have a three block window to make the jump, without any T-jump-like ceilings to get in the way.

as for the ones i didn't consider: those are literally jumps from point A to point B PLS theres NO way that you find those difficult

1) So with one block it's bad, but with two it's giving more space than needed? What?

2) "It doesn't get much easier than that" Like if getting "on the left one way" was as easy as pie. And you are saying that basically just try holding space and let the luck roll, you'll eventually get it. That's a bad mini. And you can not get it for a long time, because you are not guaranteed to get it in a finite number of tries. Newbies cry.

3) Yes I know there are several cases when hold space works and normal jumping doesn't and the opposite. Now in this one both work, but you have to hit space so quickly that even with hold space, which the space key is triggered more than you actually jump, you can miss it. Also you have to manage speed control to not fall off the next section when suddenly you pass that mini. And you have to play it again... and again...

5) But you're underestimating the difficulty severely. Just because you can make more tries quickly doesn't mean it's easier. It's just quicker. It requires less tries but you are saying that in that condition it's guaranteed to be easy. And you could continue the rest of the hookjumps.

the ones you didn't consider: ??? All jumps are from point A to point B. And yes I find these difficult. Why you must assume that everything you do quickly and in one try is as easy as pie for everyone else?

Kirby wrote:

If this level was as fun as that...

#20 2017-12-21 02:33:35

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

P788 wrote:

1) So with one block it's bad, but with two it's giving more space than needed? What?

1 block makes it really hard, 2 blocks makes it pretty easy. 1 block is bad but if this world was really supposed to be hard it would be one block. Two blocks is easier than a lot of the rest of the world.

Kirby wrote:

it took me a few tries to get onto that least oneway before i noticed the jump was pretty easy.

P788 wrote:

3) Yes I know there are several cases when hold space works and normal jumping doesn't and the opposite. Now in this one both work, but you have to hit space so quickly that even with hold space, which the space key is triggered more than you actually jump, you can miss it. Also you have to manage speed control to not fall off the next section when suddenly you pass that mini. And you have to play it again... and again...

You can't press space twice in 0.15 seconds? Most people can manage 7+ clicks/sec. You also get TONS of space for avoiding falling off.
When I played the world I thought it was weird for that to give a coin as it's not really a mini imo.

P788 wrote:

5) But you're underestimating the difficulty severely. Just because you can make more tries quickly doesn't mean it's easier. It's just quicker. It requires less tries but you are saying that in that condition it's guaranteed to be easy. And you could continue the rest of the hookjumps.

I don't quite get what you're trying to say here. The jump only took me 3-4 tries once i realized it was just a single jump.

P788 wrote:

That jump doesn't require precision. Also, it only has to be redone if you SUPER fail the 6th mini.

Kirby wrote:

I disagree it took me more than 2 tries that means it should count as a mini

Kirby wrote:

Sure the second jump might be easy, but the first jump is slightly more precise.
P.S. "You have a three block window to make the jump" implies "without any T-jump-like ceilings to get in the way.", as the ceilings would lower the window you have to successfully make the jump.

P788 wrote:

You're saying you can't accomplish two space presses in 0.15s, which you already did for mini 3?

suddenly random sig change

#21 2017-12-21 02:40:35

P788

Slabdrill wrote:
P788 wrote:

1 block makes it really hard, 2 blocks makes it pretty easy. 1 block is bad but if this world was really supposed to be hard it would be one block. Two blocks is easier than a lot of the rest of the world.

Kirby wrote:

it took me a few tries to get onto that least oneway before i noticed the jump was pretty easy.

P788 wrote:

You can't press space twice in 0.15 seconds? Most people can manage 7+ clicks/sec. You also get TONS of space for avoiding falling off.
When I played the world I thought it was weird for that to give a coin as it's not really a mini imo.

P788 wrote:

I don't quite get what you're trying to say here. The jump only took me 3-4 tries once i realized it was just a single jump.

P788 wrote:

That jump doesn't require precision. Also, it only has to be redone if you SUPER fail the 6th mini.

Kirby wrote:

I disagree it took me more than 2 tries that means it should count as a mini

Kirby wrote:

Sure the second jump might be easy, but the first jump is slightly more precise.
P.S. "You have a three block window to make the jump" implies "without any T-jump-like ceilings to get in the way.", as the ceilings would lower the window you have to successfully make the jump.

P788 wrote:

You're saying you can't accomplish two space presses in 0.15s, which you already did for mini 3?

I did mini 3 by holding space. And it's difficult with lag.

#22 2017-12-21 08:32:11

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Nerfed the entire level - Pipec, I plan to put it back to how it was after the Campaign is over.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2017-12-21 08:42:00

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mega Lamb wrote:

Nerfed the entire level - Pipec, I plan to put it back to how it was after the Campaign is over.

tenor.gif?itemid=4943775

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#24 2017-12-21 09:22:35

Helvi

I appreciate your move, Megalamb. I really do and hope I speak for many more when I say you did a good job on nerfing the map.

Hi.

#25 2017-12-21 09:46:27

LukeM
Website

Mega Lamb wrote:

;( nothing was wrong with it

Wooted by: (4)
LukeM1513942928687142

Board footer