Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-12-19 15:54:40

peace

Re: The Xmas event is horrible

Mega Lamb wrote:
Helvi wrote:

Why have map now which is rated "hard"?

It's Medium-Hard, which I would say is more closely leaning towards the Medium difficulty. This level was harder previously.

Nevertheless, we're getting pretty close to Christmas now, and we're coming to the end of the Campaign. There will be at least two more levels rated "Medium-Hard". No levels are rated "Hard". The Campaign as a whole maintains its difficulty at Easy-Medium (although closer to Basic-Medium).

I also believe the rewards of the 24th and 25th are worth the effort!

can i please skip this one i dont need the reward anymore ands its too hard i just wan tto ksip it so i can do next tier tomorrow

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#27 2017-12-19 16:13:37

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

ands its too hard

Its not that hard... Took me 5-10 mins ish, which is less than a load of the other ones

Wooted by:

#28 2017-12-19 19:13:55

Helvi

The 19th map is incredible terrible and totally not suited for the campaign. The mini design is flawed.

Hi.

#29 2017-12-19 19:52:20

LukeM
Website

Helvi wrote:

The 19th map is incredible terrible and totally not suited for the campaign. The mini design is flawed.

Rather than just saying its bad, could you say whats wrong with it? It seemed perfectly fine to me as it was fairly quick and easy, and winter / christmas related, which are the 2 main themes of the campaign.

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2017-12-19 20:23:21, last edited by Helvi (2017-12-19 20:23:47)

Helvi

The first mini is a hold-space thingy. Yet you often fall down and gotta repeat the same two steps over and over again - its a grind.
The second mini ( the gravity changes + jump effect) is a tedious act of trial n error finding the right spot to move to in order to proceed.
The third mini requires alot of precision to get over the spikes.
The fourth is a double jump with the same precise jumping requirements.
I cannot exactly say what was not fun about the map.
It was just all.

The map is a filler - nothing more, nothing special about it. No short story told, no fancy idea behind it (like the christmas wish of getting a bike)

Also, I was following the chat on the map and people struggle alot on this map. The campaign sais "easy-medium" on the lobby, yet megalamb put in a hard map. Megalamb, your "medium-argument" is invalid as you have to proceed through the "hard" stuff anyway to finish the map, hence it is a hard-rated map.
You lied to us with the campaign and put in a blocker for those who are new to the game.
There is no learning curve involved with this campaign aimed for new player. You just let them ragequit and leave the frustrated - propbably to the point where these people feel totally missunderstood based on your given campaign difficulty of easy-medium:

Sir Megalamb, for once you should try (and learn) to view from a new-player perspective and not from yours. When a map is super easy for you does not mean its medium for others. You are no the reference - the community is. Especially the new arrivals.

Feel free to contact me ingame or via pm on the forum if you need a guide on community management. Serious.

Hi.

Wooted by:

#31 2017-12-19 20:56:21, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-12-19 21:15:44)

Filip2005
Website

shoppa wrote:

The maps are really bad, some require you to do the same levels twice, todays one you jump around for invisible blocks and the rewards are horrible, I already have all these rewards.

especially the hard ones, Santa's manor getting a crap reward,

--

Helvi wrote:

The first mini is a hold-space thingy. Yet you often fall down and gotta repeat the same two steps over and over again - its a grind.
The second mini ( the gravity changes + jump effect) is a tedious act of trial n error finding the right spot to move to in order to proceed.
The third mini requires alot of precision to get over the spikes.
The fourth is a double jump with the same precise jumping requirements.
I cannot exactly say what was not fun about the map.
It was just all.

The map is a filler - nothing more, nothing special about it. No short story told, no fancy idea behind it (like the christmas wish of getting a bike)

Also, I was following the chat on the map and people struggle alot on this map. The campaign sais "easy-medium" on the lobby, yet megalamb put in a hard map. Megalamb, your "medium-argument" is invalid as you have to proceed through the "hard" stuff anyway to finish the map, hence it is a hard-rated map.
You lied to us with the campaign and put in a blocker for those who are new to the game.
There is no learning curve involved with this campaign aimed for new player. You just let them ragequit and leave the frustrated - propbably to the point where these people feel totally missunderstood based on your given campaign difficulty of easy-medium:

Sir Megalamb, for once you should try (and learn) to view from a new-player perspective and not from yours. When a map is super easy for you does not mean its medium for others. You are no the reference - the community is. Especially the new arrivals.

Feel free to contact me ingame or via pm on the forum if you need a guide on community management. Serious.

My favourite comment , thank you for making my day an opposite of misery

-- do not double post -hz5

I am Filip and I like women.

#32 2017-12-19 21:09:30, last edited by LukeM (2017-12-19 21:10:43)

LukeM
Website

(response to Helvi)

Ok, the first mini is very slightly grindy, but its easy enough to only take a few tries so overall its fairly easy
The second mini isnt trial and error at all //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Its very obvious where you need to jump (as close to the arrows as possible) and only takes a few tries to complete
The third mini takes no precision at all //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I have yet to land anywhere near the spikes, this time playing I actually hit the coin door 10 or so blocks after them...
The fourth is slightly more precision than the last, but still should only take a few attempts as you have a fairly large window to press space

I would argue that this should be medium not medium-hard

And thats not how medium-hard works... It means that the difficulty lies somewhere between medium and hard, not that it contains both medium and hard

#33 2017-12-19 21:10:52

PTU
Formerly Pipec

Filip2005 The Junior help wrote:

Santa's manor getting a crap reward,

What's wrong with you?!
Are you complaining about tier or about rewards? First think what you did.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Wooted by:

#34 2017-12-19 21:30:06

P788

pipec wrote:

What's wrong with you?!

Can't he complain about both? And he's complaining there specifically about rewards.

#35 2017-12-19 21:33:46, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-20 00:10:34)

Joeyc

P788 wrote:
pipec wrote:

What's wrong with you?!

Can't he complain about both? And he's complaining there specifically about rewards.

I'm actually so tired of people complaining about the rewards STILL. It honestly shouldn't mean nothing to you.
Still, like I said a while back. You should be able to get energy instead of the main rewards if you already had them.

Edit Fixed..

#36 2017-12-19 21:41:14

P788

Joeyc wrote:

I'm actually so tired of people complaining about the rewards STILL.

Irrelevant to the discussion.

Wooted by:

#37 2017-12-19 22:24:13

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

I never really saw the campaign as something enticing.
I just think the Advent Calender 2017 is just an execrable excuse to give new players the incentive to play daily.

#38 2017-12-19 22:58:35

skullz17

It's kinda dumb to make a seasonal event and aim it mostly at new players. Seasonal events should usually be exciting events that keep current users playing the game. The reality is that megalamb can't update the game with new items, so in order to have unique items for each day of the advent calendar, someone most likely came up with the new player thing as an excuse to put random items that people already have as rewards. Still, you have to appreciate megalamb's creative use of campaigns to make something as unique as this without having to update the game.

As for the difficulty of the worlds, well these worlds are coming out daily, so I think a few poor choices in selection are forgivable, especially considering that these staff members have lives outside of EE and aren't even getting paid. I don't even know how you would go about searching for christmas themed worlds in an efficient way, while taking difficulty into consideration.

That said, even though I'm kind of disagreeing with OP, I really don't appreciate responses like this:

HG wrote:

You're not forced to play the campaign if you don't like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

It's not a real counter argument, it's more like counter discussion. This community does this sort of thing a lot. You cannot just keep having the game the way you want it and tell the people that don't like it to go away. Is it not preferable to appeal to as many people as possible? If you keep listening to the opinions of people who currently enjoy the game, you'll never change anything, because those people do not actually represent the majority of EE's potential audience, they just represent EE's current playerbase. Because if you think about it, the majority of people who played EE have quit by now, so people who still play are in a minority of people who are willing to settle for something that is subpar for most people (i.e. you guys have **** taste). If you want to extend the playerbase past its current size, start listening to people who don't like the game, but could like the game if it was slightly different. Or think about the game's problems in a more objective way.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#39 2017-12-20 14:22:44

P788

P788 wrote:
Akatsuk1 wrote:
P788 wrote:

But then it's so completely obvious that it's considered useless. It's like saying that if my freaking grandpa had 2 wheels he'd be a bicycle.

What's wrong about complaining? Complaining is bad? I can't criticize something? Can't I say what to improve? Oh and that of "that's how life works" just makes it worse, you are saying that things being bad is irrelevant. It's not.

This is my last response. It's not "completely obvious" because you tried to argue against it saying that you "are forced to do it". So you just contradicted yourself. Also, complaining isn't bad if it is constructive. You were not saying how to improve it, you were merely saying "it's bad because i don't like it". Also i never said that things being bad is irrelevant. If something is truly terrible, work on trying to resolve it instead of pointless complaining, which in this scenario, is indeed pointless. The campaign levels are already chosen, if you want a better campaign next year, then post some ideas on the campaign forums and actually try to make a difference.

Stupid website going down the moment I wanted to post and losing my text in the process. Rewritten:

I said *if* being "forced to" means "to do something against your own will", then HG's post is by that definition, true and completely useless. He said that a completely impossible situation won't happen to you if you don't like the campaign. *if*.

Complaining isn't bad if it isn't basically insulting the other person, action which isn't honest.

And you said that things being bad were irrelevant. You saying the excuse "that life isn't fair", means that to you, everything is justified and doesn't need fixing because they aren't fair in general. That the actions of other people are irrelevant to their consequences and even if you could talk to them and them could change is irrelevant.

Why can't the campaign change right now? Why is it set in rock?

Why is complaining pointless if I am trying to say what the bad things are? Am I not helping by cutting the search for bad things?

Just a quick follow-up, the moment you stopped talking about the meaning of the word "forced" and then said that it doesn't matter, complaining is useless, if you want to be useful go help do another campaign blah blah blah, it's over. It doesn't have anything to do with the campaign, and you saying it doesn't even matter doesn't defend yourself from the argument. My point still stands.

#40 2017-12-20 15:22:00

peace

the rewards are worht more then other cmpaings rewards as an effect has costed about 750 energy... now think twice

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1513779720686886

Board footer