Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-11-04 18:28:54

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Re: Policy of releasing contest worlds

N1KF wrote:

This isn't the place to "educate" people on the holocaust and whatever else you find edgy. Start a blog or something if you really care that much.

We have a campaign world about suicide. If this really is a children's game like Mega Lamb says, dark topics can be acceptable if done tastefully.

Correct - The world discussed in this thread was, as Zoey has mentioned, particularly tasteless in its delivery.

As I said before, if this level were presented in a professional-style educational manner, I think it could have realistically been fine, but, as can be seen from the screenshots, it was presented as a joke from the start.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#52 2017-11-04 18:53:55

Muftwin

If i thought this was such a kids game I would have never built any world with any remote semblance of difficulty given that most small children cannot even operate the arrow keys without using both hands. I am glad we moved the goalpost from "this world is illegal" to here though.

Mega Lamb wrote:
N1KF wrote:

This isn't the place to "educate" people on the holocaust and whatever else you find edgy. Start a blog or something if you really care that much.

We have a campaign world about suicide. If this really is a children's game like Mega Lamb says, dark topics can be acceptable if done tastefully.

Correct - The world discussed in this thread was, as Zoey has mentioned, particularly tasteless in its delivery.

As I said before, if this level were presented in a professional-style educational manner, I think it could have realistically been fine, but, as can be seen from the screenshots, it was presented as a joke from the start.

As I already asked and you ignored. Would we be allowed to do some research and add historical context on signs, and release it?

You also ignore it when we ask you how our world is a joke. The only thing I can think of is that your saying you don't like our art style. I admit we are not the best artists, but we shouldnt have to be. This seems like disrespecting our art to me. It should be extremely easy for you to point out where the joke is where we say a certain race is inferior or anything like that, but you wont. WE HAVE ASKED YOU TO DO THIS IN EVERY SINGLE POST SINCE THE OP. We want to know this because we still want to release the world even if we have to fix (and i dont mean censor) some things. WHAT ARE THEY SPECIFICALLY.

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by: (2)

#53 2017-11-04 19:51:35

Xfrogman43

Muftwin wrote:

You also ignore it when we ask you how our world is a joke.

you were working with ipwner, what else is he here for? all of his posts are jokes

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#54 2017-11-04 20:10:05

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Muftwin wrote:

You also ignore it when we ask you how our world is a joke.

you were working with ipwner, what else is he here for? all of his posts are jokes

Most of iPwner's posts try to convey something meaningful. I wouldn't say they're jokes.

#55 2017-11-04 21:03:53

XxAtillaxX

Muftwin wrote:

As I already asked and you ignored. Would we be allowed to do some research and add historical context on signs, and release it?

The deadline was already met. If you aren't joking, that's rather unfortunate. I don't see how any informed person could interpret it as anything beyond alt-right silliness, which it clearly is.
In all honesty though, I do appreciate the humor, and I'm certain it was well worth the guaranteed replies in reply towards your faux outrage.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#56 2017-11-04 21:59:44

Muftwin

I don't see how any informed person could interpret it as anything beyond alt-right silliness, which it clearly is.

if it so clearly is you should be EASILY able to explain why, which noone will do. You will not respond to this with a reason you will simply say again about how obvious it is we are racist, or say nothing at all. Prove me wrong.

hNtlhM5.png

Wooted by: (4)

#57 2017-11-04 22:26:36

iPwner
Website

Gosha wrote:

y8ur75w.pngN6GC1rp.png
This looks more like making fun of |bad things happend in history/suffers of people| in a childish form

Wow. o.o

-

I made that cow in the span of 2 minutes, as a "thwinkt-abomination" (this art style thwinkt often does where she whips together blocks to make an abomination)-- the bland snow portion needed some spicing up. I admit I am not proud of that creation, but that's because I spent zero effort making it, I wanted to concentrate my effort in China, Egypt, and the US. You can get offended at vomit; that's literally what that was, vomit, with no intention of "offending" anyone - just a random bloop with purposefully throw-away lines, including the "I are defeaten - my final words, MOO!" that you decided not to showcase. I'm honestly baffled at how THAT could be considered offensive. I'm sure this new regime would ban every other world I made if that's the case, considering I put random creations such as these everywhere. o_o It's impressive how you've managed to so thoroughly jut yourself behind my motives and condescend my honor to the status of an "achiles heel."

-
And really, a soldier with a shoe? Really? I didn't make that, but I will vouch for whoever did: it's a man in a shoe. As Atticus Finch once said, "You can't understand someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes." Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes for once and not be so blazingly judgemental of others, yeah? ;o That'll help you in life.
-

Honestly, your irrational aversion to supposedly "strange" figurines seemingly highlights your thinly veiled disdain for other "strange" and "new" people/things. How would you react to me, for example? I am a rather uncommon mixed raced, caramel-skinned person. Because you've never seen this racial combination before, would you subjugate me and cast me aside as "strange drivel" like you did that cow and that shoe man? o_o

I'm truly dumbstruck by this ignorant plethora of responses and expected better from you all. ;0 Despite years of progression, it seems all tribal, deep-seeded grudges/tendencies have resurfaced and implanted thoroughly into the frontseat. Boo, to that, I say! BOO! I pray that suns of peace, prosperity, and corn dance behind the suburban horizons again one day, but that day is, evidently, not today. Have a nice day.

-

Endpost
Note: images irrelevant to my argument redacted, i believe muffin and others have their own backing for the historical shalalaz ;3

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (3)

#58 2017-11-04 23:21:58

Master1

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Muftwin wrote:

The deadline was already met.

Clearly he didn't know there was going to be an issue. There's no way he could have found out he'd be disqualified for something until after the deadline was met and people started judging. Forcibly disqualifying him without giving him a chance to "fix" it is pretty ridiculous.

If you truly expected him to fix it before the deadline, you and the other judges should have paid closer attention to the worlds during the actual building period. He should have been informed of this LONG before judging began.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#59 2017-11-05 03:11:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

It would appear that Megalamb has been speaking on behalf of the staff team throughout this thread. I'm fairly certain he's made it clear that the world violates EE rules and is being disqualified.

I haven't seen the moderation in a while, but from what I've experienced in the past, moderation seems to be guided by the ideas considered popular in the community.

Even if this was up to the community as a whole I doubt it would be allowed since most of us agree it isn't exactly appropriate for EE.

I agree.

#60 2017-11-06 14:55:08

Muftwin

you [al] should be EASILY able to explain why

*crickets*

Please dont ignore us. We want to hear exactly what we need to change because we still want to release the level. It is absolutely not our intention to offend anyone, so anything that was misconstrued as offensive we want to fix. Please compromise with us we worked very hard on this level.

hNtlhM5.png

#61 2017-11-06 16:00:08

XxAtillaxX

Muftwin wrote:

*crickets*

Please dont ignore us. We want to hear exactly what we need to change because we still want to release the level. It is absolutely not our intention to offend anyone, so anything that was misconstrued as offensive we want to fix. Please compromise with us we worked very hard on this level.

No thanks, I don't play silly outrage games. It wouldn't have made it to honorable mentions (poorly rated in all other aspects, notably game-play), even if devoid of stereotypes especially including but not limited to the holocaust and Nazism.
We don't have any inclination to compromise, and had previously established a consensus for disqualification - it was not an arbitrary decision.

This issue has been discussed and concluded. I believe further complaints in regards to losing would be far more appropriate in the other topic.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#62 2017-11-06 16:43:57

Muftwin

You misunderstand me we dont care about losing the contest we simply want to release the world for other people to play without getting banned. I dont want to play an "outrage game" I simply want to know where the line is given that it is not simply drawing a concentration camp at all. Which is seemingly as far as we went.

Megalamb has stated that it is possible to do a concentration camp respectfully, but if you want to even backpedal from that we can simply erase the concentration camp completely. We have other content in the world we want to release. Also yes the gameplay is kinda poor. We did not focus on gameplay, because I felt it wasnt the purpose of the contest.

hNtlhM5.png

#63 2017-11-06 17:45:48

XxAtillaxX

Muftwin wrote:

You misunderstand me we dont care about losing the contest we simply want to release the world for other people to play without getting banned. I dont want to play an "outrage game" I simply want to know where the line is given that it is not simply drawing a concentration camp at all. Which is seemingly as far as we went.

Megalamb has stated that it is possible to do a concentration camp respectfully, but if you want to even backpedal from that we can simply erase the concentration camp completely. We have other content in the world we want to release. Also yes the gameplay is kinda poor. We did not focus on gameplay, because I felt it wasnt the purpose of the contest.

If I had to repeat myself, so be it. We don't have any inclination to compromise, and had previously established a consensus for disqualification - it was not an arbitrary decision. This issue has been discussed and concluded.
I'm not participating in any Socratic amusement, and I'd highly advise anyone else who values their time to avoid doing so, as well.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#64 2017-11-06 18:00:13

Muftwin

So what your saying is that we can never make it right no mater what we do. Thanks for disrespecting all of our teams hard work. I'll keep that in mind... MEGALAMB specifically, please layout some plan showing what line we crossed and how we can rectify it.

hNtlhM5.png

Wooted by:

#65 2017-11-06 18:11:00

John

Muftwin wrote:

Thanks for disrespecting all of our teams hard work.

Thanks for showing all of us that there is still bigotry during this day and age...

Muftwin wrote:

showing what line we crossed

I think that was the purpose of his post.

Muftwin wrote:

how we can rectify it

I don't think there is anything you can do, the world is already cleared. I'm shocked you and your teammates aren't getting banned for blatantly breaking the rules, as Megalamb mentioned before.

There is no excuse.

PW?scale=2

#66 2017-11-06 18:43:54, last edited by Muftwin (2017-11-06 20:00:03)

Muftwin

I think that was the purpose of his post.

Im asking where he's seeing those things in the world. I would never want to do those things. It was never my intention to do any of those things. I dont believe i have done any of those things given noone will tell me where they are except to show a picture of a guy with a sword a train and a cow which ???

Im sure you didnt even play the world the things they are saying we did are extremely overblown. Nowhere does it say we support the cruel dictators that caused these things. Quite the opposite.

I don't think there is anything you can do

If we made a new world with 5 capitalist countrys that never mistreated there people (thatll be hard to find but ok) would that be ok? Im saying that they are very unclear they seem to be offended simply by seeing history which would mean this world wouldnt be allowed either.

edit: to be clear this is the extreme obviously acceptable version of what im asking for. Obviously I simply want to edit the old world to remove offensive content.

hNtlhM5.png

#67 2017-11-07 20:00:05

Master1

HI

When are you guys gonna stop being difficult and actually listen to what Muftwin has to say?? He's asked like 10 times and nobody has given him a straight answer. If you can't even do that then there's obviously nothing wrong with his world to begin with.

To me it looks like atilla and megalamb are just bullshitting around to try and disqualify muftwin because they don't like history or something... idk??? Would be nice if you guys actually explained stuff, as I would really like to play this level and see all the cool historical lessons it has to offer.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#68 2017-11-08 01:38:19, last edited by Slabdrill (2017-11-08 01:38:54)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Master1 wrote:

HI

When are you guys gonna stop being difficult and actually listen to what Muftwin has to say?? He's asked like 10 times and nobody has given him a straight answer. If you can't even do that then there's obviously nothing wrong with his world to begin with.

To me it looks like atilla and megalamb are just bullshitting around to try and disqualify muftwin because they don't like history or something... idk??? Would be nice if you guys actually explained stuff, as I would really like to play this level and see all the cool historical lessons it has to offer.

Convince megalamb to not ban me and i'll make Cultural Censorship faster

suddenly random sig change

#69 2017-11-21 02:46:25

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Update on the issue: A few hours ago, megalamb finally told us where they thought the drug reference was!

suddenly random sig change

#70 2017-11-21 03:39:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

Update on the issue: A few hours ago, megalamb finally told us where they thought the drug reference was!

Well, it took a while, but I'm glad things got settled.

#71 2017-11-21 03:39:29

XxAtillaxX

Update: still upset about losing the contest

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:
XxAtillaxX1511231969684013

Board footer