Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-21 05:08:53

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

HeyNK wrote:

First of all this is scum, wagon this.

Overconfident much? I think I'm getting scummier readings from Onjit than most other people here, but even I think that's a bit extreme.

Not voting me because I'm scum, but because I'm annoying?

Like some one (hummerz? Devlin? I forgot) said, it's because that townsfolk don't want to deal with that. Perhaps it's that vocal and annoying people seem less likely to listen to other opinions because they're busy making a big show of things.

I mean i think i get what you mean insofar as that n1kf is just tunneling with weak reasoning(?) was(?) whatever man. ~.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't being that aggressive. I think my Day 1 analysis was fairly balanced. I criticized nearly every user, though most of it was aimless speculation. After that, Devlin popped up, bringing attention to himself and being defensive which wasn't a smart move. Then I calmly responded. Then he called me out for "twisting his words" even though I was just politely analyzing what he wrote. Then I politely responded again. Then he writes an essay explaining why I'm probably scum, trying to play the victim card even though he let all that happen.

If you pay attention, it's just that I managed to provoke Devlin with a single post and he kept insisting on defending himself even though I was the only one who actually suspected him of being scum. He kept making himself a bigger and bigger target for scumhunting although it could have just been the plea from an insecure townie. Since there's more to talk about now, I've broadened my focus a bit.

Yeah knew someone would post "well maybe you killed the lurker for the wifom" GUESS WHAT DUDE, ALL NIGHTKILL ANALYSIS IS WIFOM GET USED TO IT.

k? I got over it a long time ago. Just because evidence can be considered WIFOM doesn't mean it should be ignored.

#27 2017-10-21 05:35:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Slabdrill and hummerz were the two to suggest me as a seer, and the two to suggest a N1KF/Devlin lynch. Secret agenda? I don't think so since he had the self-awareness to point it out. But it's interesting to note.

#28 2017-10-21 06:29:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I gotta go for now, so here's an updated Scale-o'-Scumminess.

Friendly reminder that Zumza clumsily defended HeyNK earlier with the weak reason "he doesn't look like scum" and another reason that doesn't apply now due to a miscommunication. If Devlin, Zumza, and HeyNK happen to all be scum and we're looking for lurkers then I think our best option would be Zumza since he hasn't posted yet Day 2. At this point I kind of doubt people will believe me, so I'm open to the MartenM lynch if that ends up happening.

Slabdrill has been looking a lot better after actually helping the town. I think he's town.

I'm still having an existential crisis over Devlin, so I'll keeping him where he is for now. In the meantime, don't bug me too much about it.

SCALE O' SCUMMINESS
  1. Devlin

2. HeyNK

3. Zumza

4. MartenM

5. alek5ander

6. Onjit

7. hummerz5

8. Slabdrill

9. jkdrip

!vote Zumza

#29 2017-10-21 17:01:06

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ah... what a beautiful day outside...

Time to play more Mafia!

Zumza wrote:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Pardon me? How do you know why Emalton was killed? I mean there aren't many other possible reasons but it seems a bit presumptuous to act like you know. I doubt a werewolf would be that clumsy so I'm getting hunter vibes, basically saying to the town "Hey, follow the strict voting format rules so we don't get another nolynch and I'll have to kill you!" Then again, this would require either both you and the werewolves to attack Emalton (unlikely), or the werewolves not killing anybody to trick the town. So it's still possible that you're a werewolf just hinting that you're a hunter to get townie points. It's just an odd move overall.

HeyNK was nonetheless more randomly chosen to be lynched rather than a scum read too.

We didn't have any scum reads by that point. Or at least if we did, you didn't try to support one.

I don't really know what you are following at the moment. You seem willingly to start attacks towards everybody, perhaps checking for our reactions, but you're doing it often and you're quickly dropping it out.

I've been looking for the lurkers. That's been consistent throughout the game. It's just that Day 1 I had more patience to the lurkers since it was early and other people didn't give it much thought (yeah, I'm a sheep).

I conclude that you vote me because I didn't post today(D2) & I defended HeyNK. But on the same time, you wooted 3 posts of mine made in D2

All three of those Day 2 posts concerned meta stuff. Plus, yeah, it was really misleading for me to say you didn't post Day 2. Sorry about that.

hummerz5 wrote:

I'm concerned that zumza thinks it so likely that both n1kf and devlin are town. I understand it's a possibility that they're both townies but that is unlikely and certainly not something I'd take lightly

Me too. Zumza seemed to conflict a lot with Devlin a lot Day 1, yet they backpedaled a lot Day 2. Did they discover that I might push the bus too far, getting Devlin lynched in the process, uncovering their secret conspiracy of madness? Then Zumza suddenly targeting me would be suspicious, so he's taking a more pragmatic role by "supporting" both me and Devlin to look like a neutral townie. *detective music plays*

I don't know. Plus I'm going to see what I can dig up on Devlin to see if my worries about him are actually legit. No more existential crises for me.

#30 2017-10-21 17:45:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

N1KF, you are not reading my points, why do you think onjit is town?

I haven't seen convincing evidence that he's town or otherwise. I'm keeping him around the middle in my Scale right now.

Zumza wrote:

You're overreading things now.

No, what you said was genuinely suspicious. I'm not overreading it. You pretty much said you know why Emalton was killed. That's not something we can just ignore, and that's especially something you can't ignore.

Let's look at it again:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Emphasis added. You're clearly saying that because Emalton didn't vote properly, he got killed as a direct result of that, rather than the few other reasons Emalton could have been killed. There is no other interpretation I can think of right now.

If you have this insider knowledge about why Emalton was killed, please let us know more so we can find out who killed Emalton. And if it's just clumsy phrasing, please just say so instead of using the weak defense "Stop analyzing me!"

You think you're right but you're on the wrong track in my opinion. I suggest you calm down before you'll do a mistake.

I am calm. I just like to throw lots of weird ideas out there in case one happens to catch on with the town. Besides lurkers (which is why I originally voted for you), do you have any better ideas as to who is scum?

Wooted by:

#31 2017-10-21 18:54:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

Lol, you're really not. If anything your last few posts have made me more suspicious of you. A lack of posts doesn't mean no one has anything to say against your points, it just means no one is online at that time.

Maybe the seer should check HeyNK day/night 2.

It's cute that you associate me and hummerz together, almost as if we are the same threat person to you.

Comments like these make me wonder why people aren't more concerned about you.

You kinda were.

Sure, I technically started it, but you brought attention to it. Since I had no better scum reads early Day 2 I just kept responding to most of the concerns and assumptions you had in your essays. Even when you suddenly stopped, I didn't push for further responses and suggested you stop before you make yourself look scummier to the town. I'd say it was fairly balanced, if not in your favour.

Are you seriously suggesting that jkdrip is the hunter and would kill Emalton for not putting his vote in bold...?

You mean Zumza? I'm going to assume you mean Zumza. Yeah, now that you put it that way, it does sound kind of silly. But Emalton's bad vote ended up causing HeyNK not to get lynched so there's that... which, if my Devlin/HeyNK/Zumza speculated teamup is true, one of those three is likely not to part of it since there's been quite a bit of conflicting evidence so far.

I think that may be the reason you were so quick to attack me. You want to be the person to find scum and as a result you see scum in everybody.

Nope. jkdrip, hummerz, and Slabdrill as of Day 2 give me mostly town vibes. Most of my other suggested lynches (Anatoly and MartenM) were for being inactive and unhelpful in werewolf hunting. So far, you, HeyNK, and Zumza are my biggest scum targets.

If you want further N1KF/Devlin discussion, then be my guest. Here are my concerns:

• You asked Zumza a question. You vote for Zumza less than three hours later for not responding to your question. Pretty aggressive if you ask me. Then you backpedal Day 2 thinking Zumza is town. Interestingly you aren't as aggressive towards HeyNK. You have yet to explain why you were more aggressive towards Day 1 Zumza than Day 2 Zumza or HeyNK.

• You openly ponder why Emalton was killed, almost as if to bring the attention off yourself. If I recall correctly, you were the only user to do this.

• You easily got provoked by my concerns that you might be scum. I think townsfolk would be more confident than that.

Zumza wrote:

I didn't meant as a direct result, more like a contributing effect. Perhaps I should had used "contributed" than "resulted" in the first place.

Okay, I'm glad things were cleared up. But next time, clear up misunderstandings before you bring attention to yourself like that.

In previous posts with Devlin you've used collective pronouns like "we" referencing "town" which him was deliberately excluded from, and also shamelessly denouncing to whoever you voted as werewolf.

I don't recall doing that. I've said stuff like "you look scummy" and "this would be a good thing for a werewolf to do" but I've yet to say anybody's definitively or clearly a werewolf. Also, I guess I haven't paid much attention as to how I use "we" so I'll look out for that more.

Your attitude starts giving you no more credit, as well with Devlin as with me you're now looking for somebody else to start a bandwagon on.

I'm okay with bandwagons. We haven't killed off any scum so the votes could be influenced by them. However, with six votes required, I don't think there will be lynches soon so semi-aggressive yet speculative play is helpful I think. Or maybe I'm just bad at this game.

#32 2017-10-22 14:58:29

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Is anybody willing to be a replacement? Because of the extended Day 2, asking for a replacement right now wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Wow, 8,999th post. If you don't see me post for a few hours, that's because I have to go to church soon. I'm at L-2 so if anybody ends up placing that last vote while I'm gone even though like four real life days remain you done goofed.

jkdrip wrote:

I don't like that Slab's scumreads list almost everyone as town, and he has yet to vote anybody at all.

Actually, it tends to be opposite. Usually scum is suspicious of everybody so they can accuse somebody whenever they feel like it.

hummerz5 wrote:

slabdrill could be a good one but this gent was pushing someone who is apparently claiming town so much that they wouldn't post, which seems pretty townish to me

Now that that happened, yeah, it does make Devlin look like town. A lot.

#33 2017-10-22 21:25:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

So far we've had three townie role claims, but no power role claims. Interesting.

I think Onjit would be a better lynch than Slabdrill, but I'm not a big fan of keeping L-1 on a lurker since some nublet could make that final vote before it's ready.

!unvote

#34 2017-10-23 02:07:07

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Okay, this game got a lot more interesting with people finally discussing roles.

HeyNK wrote:

shoot n1kf.

Why? Also, if Onjit does this before talking it out he's gonna mess up the town a lot. I trust that he's not that...silly to do to that though.

#35 2017-10-23 02:38:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

also, now that we know onjit gets a kill DO NOT TELL HIM WHO TO SHOOT IF HE GETS KILLED AT NIGHT!!!!!!

Because then, mafia can just read that, say "Oh nice, we're not in that pool/we aren't that person", then shoot him for a double kill!

Contrarily, if Onjit targets a werewolf, he probably won't get nightkilled, giving us a hint towards the identities of the scum. See? Your logic works both ways.

!votecount

#36 2017-10-23 03:15:22

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

If I recall correctly, LyLo means Lynch-or-Lose.

There are multiple possibilities if Onjit makes his future target public (and doesn't lie or change his mind):

• Onjit targets innocent player; gets nightkilled: Two innocents killed. (bad)

• Onjit targets innocent player; doesn't get nightkilled: No cheap kills for the werewolves. (good)

• Onjit targets werewolf; gets nightkilled: Onjit goes down with werewolf. Helps out the town a lot at the expense of Onjit. (R.I.P.) (mostly good)

• Onjit targets werewolf; doesn't get nightkilled: We get a hint towards the identities of the werewolves. No cheap nightkills. (good)

If we make the crude assumption that all options have an equal chance of happening, then that means that Onjit making his target public would be the best option since three of four options are good.

#37 2017-10-23 03:28:11

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I'm going to have to leave in about 3-4 hours which will last until Day 2's end. HeyNK, if you really think you can get your bandwagon going, do so now while you still have a chance to talk things out with me.

#38 2017-10-23 04:07:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

jkdrip wrote:

The "Doesn't get nightkilled" options don't work, since in order to perform the kill, Onjit would have to either be lynched or nightkilled. And we're not lynching him.

I know.

If Onjit openly targets an innocent player and Onjit doesn't get nightkilled, they both get off free.

If Onjit openly targets scum and Onjit doesn't get nightkilled we can assume that the werewolves had a reason not to kill him, theoretically pushing us in the direction of scum.

#39 2017-10-23 04:10:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

Not all possibilities are equally likely since werewolves are a living entity that is capable of logic.

I know. That's why I acknowledged that in my original post.

#40 2017-10-23 04:12:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Unless mafia is still rolehunting I'll probably be next to go

How do the werewolves role-hunt if they don't have any role-checking roles? What are you talking about?

#41 2017-10-23 05:02:40

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

Jeez N1kf... stop spreading misinfo. Not all possibilities are equally likely since werewolves are a living entity that is capable of logic. (or at least we should assume they are)

Wow, Onjit actually wooted this. I expected him to be a better reader than that.

#42 2017-10-23 05:59:03

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Onjit wrote:
N1KF wrote:
HeyNK wrote:

Jeez N1kf... stop spreading misinfo. Not all possibilities are equally likely since werewolves are a living entity that is capable of logic. (or at least we should assume they are)

Wow, Onjit actually wooted this. I expected him to be a better reader than that.

?

Not sure how you managed to miss this, but to clear it up:

N1KF wrote:

If we make the crude assumption that all options have an equal chance of happening, then that means that Onjit making his target public would be the best option since three of four options are good.

I was just trying to make a point that perhaps you should make your target public. I knew that my logic was crude and pointed it out.

HeyNK wrote:

Not all possibilities are equally likely since werewolves are a living entity that is capable of logic.

HeyNK then says I'm misleading people even though I openly implied my logic was weak.

N1KF wrote:

I know. That's why I acknowledged that in my original post.

I responded to with this to clear things up, yet you still wooted his post. I don't understand why you did that.

I need to go right now. I'll see you people Day 3! If I don't get killed, that is.

SCALE O' SCUMMINESS
  1. HeyNK

2. Zumza

3. hummerz5

4. alek5ander

5. jkdrip

6. Slabdrill

7. Onjit

#43 2017-10-26 16:59:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

2 friend-roles lynched, 1 killed, oh god, that’s a bad start.

Commenting on how bad a night was is a common scum tactic to blend in. Noted.

@Jkdrip, can you post your ScaleOScumminess (2017, n1kf)

NOPE. You can't use a trademark as long as it's protected and still in use by the trademark holder. Anyway...

SCALE O' SCUMMINESS
  1. HeyNK

2. AnatolyEE

3. jkdrip

4. Zumza

5. Onjit

I'm not a big fan of how HeyNK pushed against Slabdrill, Onjit, and hummerz5, all confirmed innocents. HeyNK, you haven't been leading us anywhere good so far.

!vote HeyNK

#44 2017-10-26 22:10:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I'm back and I'm role-claiming vanilla townie.

!unvote

#45 2017-10-26 22:34:55

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I'm pretty sure Anatoly role-claimed vanilla townie earlier in Day 1.

HeyNK, I hadn't paid that much attention to Anatoly. That's some pretty good evidence you're part of the town, so that pushes Anatoly to the top of my Scale-o'-Scumminess. Though if the town insists on lynching me I guess I can't stop it.

SCALE O' SCUMMINESS
  1. AnatolyEE

2. jkdrip

3. Zumza

4. HeyNK

5. Onjit

!vote AnatolyEE

#46 2017-10-26 22:35:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I hadn't paid much attention to hummerz*

#47 2017-10-26 22:43:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

Also jkdrip is conftown and you have in him your scumlist?

Derp, I keep goofing up. Because of all the stuff I was catching up on, I didn't realize jkdrip's witch claim was confirmed.

yeah whatever dude ur dead today xDD

rip. I provided to the game a lot more than Anatoly has but if you still insist on me as the first lynch I guess I can't stop you.

#48 2017-10-26 22:56:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

anatoly never claimed VT.

Here's where he did:

AnatolyEE wrote:

1 Hunter – Serial Killer.
1 Seer – Detective.
3 Werewolfs in my theory.
1 Witch with kill and heal potion.
Only 5 power roles and 11 players.

So 6 townies, one of them being me. Nothing interesting.

#49 2017-10-26 23:03:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit of time left for Day 3. I think it's most helpful town to have conversation in the meantime, even if the game has pretty much been broken already. If I get put in the odd case where only one more vote is needed and the time is almost up, then yeah, I'll vote for myself.

#50 2017-10-26 23:44:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

no, we literally won, what else is there to say? conversatoin is good when you are lost and investigating and you dont know what to do. ~lets~just~lynch~the~scum~

So, you prefer to rush things rather than consider any problems or backup plans? There's no benefit to that. If you still insist, I'll follow your logic and stop posting except to vote and avoid modkills when needed since doing otherwise would be a waste of time.

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer