Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-17 14:51:01, last edited by RailMat (2017-10-29 12:02:54)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Mafia 16 [TIE]

Welcome to Mafia 16.

Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

#2 2017-10-19 07:48:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

Devlin wrote:

Yo @everyone, start voting.

k

I forgot this game and I need to go so see you folks Day 2 but here's the unpolished analysis I have:

Day 1 analysis
SCALE O' SCUMMINESS
  1. Devlin

2. HeyNK

3. Slabdrill

4. AnatolyEE

5. Onjit

6. hummerz5

7. MartenM

8. Emalton

9. Zumza

10. jkdrip

Something I didn't address earlier were the lurkers. Lurkers, particularly Emalton and Slabdrill went up the list a bit because they didn't speak much. Lurkers aren't very helpful, plus, it's a common sign that a they're trying to hide something. Or they just forget about the game, like I did earlier.

!vote Devlin

I would vote for HeyNK but I think he'll make the lynch. So here's a hipster vote for you all.

#3 2017-10-19 08:15:52

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

Also just saying but if you’re going to criticise lurking then maybe you should post more first?

The difference between me and the lurkers is that I've actually helped the game out a lot by posting a truckload of my raw thoughts. Meanwhile they've done pretty much nothing, but maybe they'll make a great comeback like I did. If so I'll be more forgiving of them Day 2.

I REALLY need to go so I don't have time to think about the other things you said, but I'll keep that in mind Day 2. (And maybe Night 1 if I have night actions. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)

The following was written before I clicked preview and saw your post:

Actually, you know what? I wouldn't sleep well at night knowing that my hipster vote caused Devlin to get lynched, and I seriously doubt Devlin will get five more votes in the next eight hours. So here's a normie vote for you all.
Though, personally, I don't think I'd sleep well at night either way, considering the risk of werewolves killing me or townsfolk.
!vote HeyNK

I'll consider Devlin a vote for Day 2, but Slabdrill and Anatoly are also big ones if they don't speak up about the actual game.

#4 2017-10-19 08:17:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

To clarify, I still vote for HeyNK. In hindsight that wasn't completely clear.

#5 2017-10-20 16:05:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

The following post was written Night 1. I'll read and analyze the early Day 2 posts in a moment.

Response to Devlin

Note: hummerz probably isn't a hunter since he thought vigilante was a role. Whoops?

I changed my mind slightly about HeyNK. He's crazy, but I think he's town crazy. Scum tend to be careful and calculating, while town folk tend to be more whatever. Unless my brain somehow filtered out what I read, I don't think anybody gave any good arguments against HeyNK beyond "he's crazy." So that's why I'm also raising hummerz in my Scale-o'-Scumminess. Don't be so smart, ol' hummeroo!

Speak up, Slabdrill. I'd also like to see Emalton and MartenM post a bit more. Emalton in particular hasn't posted anything about the game so far besides a single explanation-free vote if I recall correctly.

SCALE O' SCUMMINESS
  1. Devlin

2. Slabdrill

3. HeyNK

4. AnatolyEE

5. hummerz5

6. Onjit

7. Emalton

8. MartenM

9. Zumza

10. jkdrip

Devlin is looking by far the most suspicious to me. Sladrill, HeyNK, and AnatolyEE also look kind of odd at the moment. The rest look like town so far.

#6 2017-10-20 16:10:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

I wasn't sure who the wagon was on when i had to go, and by the time I got back it was already night.

I think.

I QUOTED YOU ON THAT LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#7 2017-10-20 16:40:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Emalton's dead. We hardly knew ye. Like really, he barely said anything.

MatthijsFidder, you should put a list of roles in one of the first posts. I'm getting tired of going back to the signups topic.

Alright, Slabdrill posted, but not Marten. Marten considered for next vote.

Devlin wrote:

I have no idea why N1KF has been attaking me. It literally took his first post to start calling me out by twisting what my actions mean. It’s a little suspicious is it not that he was so adamant on his first post? That’s just my thoughts on that.

I'm not sure what else you were expecting when you signed up for a game of Mafia. People will misinterpret things sometimes. If I misinterpret something you say, feel free to respond, but so far I'm getting quite a few suspicious vibes from you. Even if I took apart the posts from other users, I don't think I could get as many signs from other plays than I did you. But you do post a lot, so I guess that's a slight town implication. Do you have any better ideas who is scum?

In regards to Emalton I’m confused as to what he could have done to make him end up dead. I mean, he wasn’t one of the most vocal players but at least he was willing to use his vote, unlike Slabdrill.

Perhaps the werewolves are looking for power roles? That seems like a pretty obvious thing the scum would do, since killing somebody who's more active would give more implied hints towards the scum. And maybe you're just a werewolf patting yourself on the back thinking you're smart while saying "lol, i have literally NO idea why the werewolves attacked emalton." If you really are town, you aren't doing a very good job at it.

hummerz5 wrote:

very interesting. n1kf continues pushing on devlin when there's so little to go on lol. perhaps n1kf could be seer which actually has day-investigation? otherwise he wouldn't have known to go after devlin before n1 anyhow. just about every post pushes the devlin agenda.

why tho

I made multiple points Day 1 that haven't been refuted yet. I feel it's a bit more substantial than "Slabdrill's being inactive" or "HeyNK's being crazy" or "Anatoly's being suicidal"

Plus, what if Devlin dies and it turns out he is scum? The more info we can get out of him, the better.

If you have evidence to suggest Devlin is part of the town, please let me know. I've yet to see anybody post any though.

!vote Devlin

#8 2017-10-20 17:06:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Emalton was a lurker. HeyNK doesn't like lurkers.

Emalton voted against HeyNK.

Emalton was killed last night.

COINCIDENCE?

#9 2017-10-20 17:19:53

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Slabdrill made the hundredth post. Woo!

HeyNK, how do you feel about Devlin? Also, what do you think about Emalton's death? I'm curious.

Devlin wrote:

It’s a little suspicious is it not that he was so adamant on his first post?

Responding to this since I kind of ignored it.

It was near the end of the day and I spent nearly two hours analyzing the topic to make a great comeback from the Great Abyss of Lurking. I didn't have anybody in my mind as scum until near the end of the post. With all the reads I had done, I felt the desire to vote for somebody and you happened to be the one. I'm pretty sure two hours of reading and thinking is a lot more time I spent on voting than some other users.

#10 2017-10-20 17:55:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zumza thought HeyNK was town. Just going to point that out since nobody else did.

jkdrip wrote:

All these scumreads are nice and all, but we have to consider lynching those that don't vote, since if town is left with non-voters it's an easy win for mafia. For this reason, and since Slabdrill seems to have returned, my top lynch candidate today would have to be Anatoly.

I'd be ok with Anatoly. But since Anatoly actually did something interesting my personal vote right now is:

!vote MartenM

Speak up. Maybe give us an actual read.

#11 2017-10-20 18:02:05

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

jkdrip wrote:

What did Anatoly do? He voted for himself, that was about it. He has 3 posts total.

Yeah, you're right. But when somebody's so bombastic and attention-grabbing I can't help but want to see what they do. If he's scum, there's a lot of possible info to get out of him since he's playing kind of noobishly. Meanwhile, MartenM has been as vocal as a bucket of rocks so far.

#12 2017-10-20 18:06:54

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zumza wrote:

For now, Anatoly is banned.

That's a good point. Also, since he role-claimed vanilla townie I'm pretty sure he's either that or a lying werewolf. Meanwhile MartenM might just be a power role lurking in the shadows.

#13 2017-10-20 18:16:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

It's hard to tell if a Devlin/HeyNK or a Devlin/Onjit werewolf teamup would be more likely. Either way I'm going to keep a closer watch on Onjit for now. HeyNK/Zumza is possible but I doubt it. Devlin/HeyNK/Zumza is possible if Devlin and Zumza bussed each other.

#14 2017-10-20 18:40:32

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

There have been good cases made for Anatoly, but I think we should focus on Marten first. He's not banned right now so it'll probably be easier to talk to hi—

*clicks preview button*

MatthijsFidder wrote:

I think 3 days.

JINKIES

*clicks preview button again*

Anatoly is banned for a week. that say he to me on discord.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

!vote AnatolyEE

#15 2017-10-20 18:48:27

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

MatthijsFidder wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I think we can be pretty sure by the fact that AnatolyEE is communicating his actions with MatthijsFidder.

reference
Rules wrote:

5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.

I thought that rule was for private messages, not public messages.

#16 2017-10-20 20:18:20

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Response to Devlin
hummerz5 wrote:

I could go for your lynch because I see the classic 1v1 setup. Two folks are getting pretty heated so you'd think (hope!) one of them is right. I should clarify then that I could go for either of your lynches. If our first choice came up wrong we'd do the other guy. Plus, if we're right on the first try, the other guy looks a little better. I feel this is more productive than going after a random quiet person.

Whether or not I'm innocent, my role and interactions alone would probably be strong evidence towards the identity of the werewolves since I've meaningfully interacted with nearly every player. I'm not against the idea.

#17 2017-10-20 21:27:45

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

This almost sounds as if you are backpedalling.

Nope. I've been this pragmatic for a while. Check out this post made a while ago:

N1KF wrote:

If I misinterpret something you say, feel free to respond, but so far I'm getting quite a few suspicious vibes from you. Even if I took apart the posts from other users, I don't think I could get as many signs from other plays than I did you. But you do post a lot, so I guess that's a slight town implication. Do you have any better ideas who is scum?

Devlin wrote:

Yes but the point is you view me as a more valuable target as you have mentioned many times. As a result, it would be pointless getting others killed if it is me specifically that you see as a threat.

That makes sense.

Also, do you know why no one thought I was scum until you pointed it out? It's because nothing was scummy about me. All my posts were made with intent to help the town and not a single one could have been argued that the intention was to inhibit it. But now, my attention has to be a little more focused on defending myself due to this pointless are poor founded argument you have put against me.

You aren't forced to defend yourself by responding to everything I say. You say you look innocent, yet you're acting like you're guilty and need to prove yourself worthy to the town. Surely somebody will call me out if I'm being unfair towards you.

How about then, instead of throwing your vote around, you give yourself some time to think and hear others points of view before you go on the offensive?

Good idea.

You've had no way of interacting with the lurkers enough for us to draw any conclusions about your relationship with them.

Compared to some other players, I've added loads to the game. The info from my death would probably help the town more than say, Anatoly's death which people seemed to want.

And just because you've said a few nice things and a few bad things about people it doesn't mean you are on their side or against them. It's common for scum to vote for each other or heavily defend a random townie because it makes us think they are not associated with the people we think they are. As a result, many scum would be more trusted and an innocent townie could be wrongfully lynched. The only repercussions of you being or not being innocent is whether or not after you die, I am the next one to be lynched. I highly doubt anyone connects dots between you and any other player here besides myself.

I were a werewolf, I'm pretty sure I'd have left at least one slip towards who my fellow teammates are.

Slabdrill wrote:

Anyone openly persistently attacking someone for no reason is strange to me.

At this point I'm just responding to the concerns he has, not attacking him. He's brought up some good points, so I'm somewhat neutral towards him right now but he's still one of the scummier players since most of the others haven't given me enough evidence to assume they might be guilty.

#18 2017-10-20 22:03:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I'm pretty sure my vote is still on Alek5andar.

#19 2017-10-20 22:11:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I'm pretty sure my vote is still on Alek5andar.

Oh yeah sure, lynch the new guy. How nice.

My vote was on Anatoly for generally being useless. While I don't support lynching Alek5andar right now, Alek hasn't posted yet so I don't a reason to change my vote.

#20 2017-10-20 22:20:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Keep in mind I look mainly at usefulness (aka voting/posting thoughts) and behaviour whilst scumhunting.

That's interesting. I feel like lynching active players can help just as much because we get lots of scumhunting info out of what they said.

#21 2017-10-20 22:37:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for.

IMPROPER USAGE OF A SEMICOLON

#22 2017-10-20 22:42:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Devlin wrote:

But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for.

IMPROPER USAGE OF A SEMICOLON

BLAME DICKENS NOT ME.

YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN DIVERT OUR ATTENTION LIKE THAT? COMMON SCUM TACTIC.

#23 2017-10-21 00:55:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK and Marten haven't posted for two days.

#24 2017-10-21 02:54:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Somehow this game went from "one post every few minutes" to "one post every hour" instantly.

#25 2017-10-21 04:01:57

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

jkdrip scumlean.

Nobody so far has suspected jkdrip. Please explain.

Let me also add that emalton is quite possibly the worst kill mafia could have made, so let's not worry about why they did it and just be grateful that they're as stupid as they are. I cannot fathom why scum killed someone who probably would have just lurked out D2 and gotten mislynched later down the road.

This would be a useful thing for scum to say to bring the attention off of them. Devlin was all like "I wonder why the scum did that!" while you're also all like "Scum must be stupid for doing that!" And yes, I'm like totally becoming a valley girl.

Thank you for finally responding to one of my requests though. Still, you didn't explain what you thought about Devlin.

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer