Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2017-09-25 22:11:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 15 [LOYALISTS WIN]

Slabdrill wrote:

judging purple from the one rolecard we got, it's pretty similar to my rolecard which means i assume that all the parts that are similar are basically the same as mine

I wouldn't really describe knowing 1 role of a faction as knowing their entire structure though...

Also, you just confirmed yourself as a protector variant of your faction... I'm not saying that was a bad decision but you should probably get all your thoughts out before the end of today. Just sayin' revealing that will probably get you shot tonight. Alternatively, you could tell us who your faction tried to kill last night to increase our list of players who would definitely die if we shot them; because so far that list consists of just you.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#127 2017-09-25 22:13:52

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

!protect one other player. This will protect them from any actions against them.

I just realised. Does this mean if someone is being protected they cannot be persuaded to join another faction?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#128 2017-09-25 22:14:37

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I don't see how that confirms me as a protector-type, as from what i can tell, all of the "normal" rolecards are basically the same:

You are a member of the ____ Faction. You are taking advantage of the chaos after the Godfather's death to take control of the crime conglomerate for yourselves.

You are a member of the ____ Faction. Your teammates are ??? and ???. During the night, you may communicate using ???

Every night, you are able to ______

In the event of ???'s death, you and ??? will need to come to an agreement of who will take their role. This will replace your current role.

You will win when your faction has a majority.

suddenly random sig change

#129 2017-09-25 22:15:37

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

also now im susp of devlin because they shouldve known that

#130 2017-09-25 22:25:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

I don't see how that confirms me as a protector-type, as from what i can tell, all of the "normal" rolecards are basically the same

Slabdrill wrote:

judging purple from the one rolecard we got, it's pretty similar to my rolecard which means i assume that all the parts that are similar are basically the same as mine

I thought this was you stating HeyNK's role was similar to yours but slightly different, but I'm guessing you just meant it's worded similarly?

Slabdrill wrote:

also now im susp of devlin because they shouldve known that

Should have known what? That all the role cards are basically the same? That the protector protects you from joining another team? That post was kinda ambiguous.

If you mean that all role cards are the same then I wouldn't have known that. My team didn't post their exact role cards in the chat they just said what they can do.

If you mean that protectors protect from team changes then how would I know that? The way people read and interpret text is different for each person. When I read 'protect' I didn't think about preventing team changes because I didn't know team changes could even happen (did you?). I was thinking more along the lines of protection from death. It's not even confirmed that that's how it works, for all we know 'actions' could just refer to being shot.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#131 2017-09-25 22:32:10

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Devlin wrote:

If you mean that all role cards are the same then I wouldn't have known that. My team didn't post their exact role cards in the chat they just said what they can do.

Even just two similar rolecards is enough to make a lot of assumptions. Unless you're the "other" of your team, I'm not sure how you wouldn't have noticed the similarities.

#132 2017-09-25 22:42:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:
Devlin wrote:

Even just two similar rolecards is enough to make a lot of assumptions. Unless you're the "other" of your team, I'm not sure how you wouldn't have noticed the similarities.

Maybe because I didn’t study my role card? I read what my role does and moved on. The rest of the wording is irrelevant to me. Re-reading my role card I have found that it is indeed similar but also somewhat different. I don’t exactly get how the wording of the role cards matters anyway... it’s kinda a trivial thing imo.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#133 2017-09-25 22:51:38

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

The wording of the rolecard allows me to make a highly educated guess that both orange and purple have a killing and a chatting role.

#134 2017-09-25 22:54:00

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I don't like slabdrill

Discord: jawp#5123

#135 2017-09-25 22:56:18

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

I don't like cherries

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#136 2017-09-25 22:56:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

The wording of the rolecard allows me to make a highly educated guess that both orange and purple have a killing and a chatting role.

So.... your faction is orange?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#137 2017-09-25 23:02:44

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

As far as I'm aware only 1 person hasn't posted since d2 began, that being MartenM. If someone were to counterclaim someone leaving their guild it would have happened by now.
!vote Devlin

#138 2017-09-25 23:10:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Ofc people aren’t going to counter claim. By not doing so it means I get exiled which probably benefits them anyway. If you seriously think Abelysk is telling the truth then you also seriously think I somehow made a fake slip yesterday to try and back myself up. It would also mean you don’t believe that the faction names mean anything.

Both of those things you were either first or second to bring up so you’re actually contradicting yourself here.

I get the feeling you are only revoting me because Slabdrill is under pressure. I’m willing to bet at this point that you and Slabdrill are on the same team.

!vote Slabdrill

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#139 2017-09-25 23:12:57

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Sure, except everyone today besides the faction with 4 wants to lynch the faction with 4. Honestly I ignored a lot of this page cause it seemed like a whole lot of gabbering about nothing.

#140 2017-09-25 23:15:24

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

But, since everyone wants to lynch the faction of 4, it's in every other faction's best interest to say if they lost someone, and who that is. That will reduce the currently-winning faction's influence AND make it so they themselves are considered less of a threat.

#141 2017-09-25 23:19:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Sure, except everyone today besides the faction with 4 wants to lynch the faction with 4. Honestly I ignored a lot of this page cause it seemed like a whole lot of gabbering about nothing.

There have been many people today who have shown little interest in lynching the faction with 4 players but I certainly haven’t been one of them. I’ve stressed several times today our main target is the recruiter but that getting any one of the faction with 4 players would be good enough.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#142 2017-09-25 23:22:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Something new just occurred to me. How do we know you get told if someone leaves your faction? Apparently Abelysk was told someone left his faction but how do we know he isn’t just using the rumour message to his advantage? It would certainly explain why there have been no counters.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#143 2017-09-25 23:23:29

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Banking on nobody getting told of that message is incredibly risky
not a valid argument

#144 2017-09-25 23:30:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Lol you can’t just say my argument is invalid when it is still possible. Sure it’s not probable but neither was having all kills blocked N1. And I’m not “banking” on that being the case, I was simply stating it was a thought that entered my mind.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#145 2017-09-25 23:34:09

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Okay, let's run through a couple scenarios of what's going through Abelysk's head.

Truth-telling Abelysk:
Oh one of my partners died and the other one's been converted. I better tell everyone so that they understand I'm not a threat. I can also get the traitor lynched this way.

Liar Abelysk:
I'm going to make up a BS claim that Devlin left my faction for another and everyone will believe me because I know for a fact that people don't get told when their members leave them! lululul xd

Tell me which one makes more sense in this situation

#146 2017-09-25 23:48:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:

I know for a fact that people don't get told when their members leave them!

*sigh* again I never stated this was the case, simply said it was an idea that popped into my head.

Also good job on using descriptive language to make that a fair comparison ?

There are a lot more reasons why Abelysk could have lied. A lie like that could achieve the following things:
- Give us the impression his faction is not a threat as 1 player when in reality there is 2 of them.
- Controls who gets lynched to best benifit his own team.
- If someone had counter claimed, it would allow him to identify a team that’s less of a threat due to a reduced player count.
- Watch as people start to oppose me so that he can identify who isn’t teamed with me.
- If it turns out his team is the one with the recruiter then it throws us off that scent.

Point 3 is why I believe there was no counter claim. Would you really save someone who’s not even on your team from getting lynched if it revealed information about your own team? I really don’t think anyone would because it is pretty much a lose lose situation for yourself.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#147 2017-09-25 23:51:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:

gucci
Also I take back what I said about the kill. 4 kills prevented by random in the same night doesn't seem likely. There's probably roles like Arso/WW, and the one I think we're dealing with atm: Vampire.

Could you please explain what these roles are and why you think they are in this game? I assume they are roles from town of Salem but other than that I’m not too sure what you mean by this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#148 2017-09-25 23:58:46

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Those roles, besides vampire, are killing roles, but do not kill immediately. Arsonist douses houses, then later can spend a night igniting the doused houses. Werewolf targets one person every other night. Everyone who targets that person dies. Vampire is a role that bites targets. Bitten targets become vampires.

It's not a lose/lose to say who left your faction, it's a win/win. You yourself are confirmed to be less threatening while also getting the biggest faction lynched.

Wooted by:

#149 2017-09-26 00:07:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay so you’ve explained what the roles are but why do you think they are in this game? They just don’t seem to fit this game imo and seem more unlikely of being in this game than teams not being told if someone leaves them.

Also this win win situation isn’t as true as you might think. Getting the highest faction lynched is a good thing but it doesn’t exclusively benifit yourself. And sure, revealing you lost a player may be beneficial short term but as soon as your faction either becomes the single biggest or the joint biggest you’d be the first to die since everyone knows you’re a part of that faction. You can’t just consider the short term with these kinds of decisions. Obviously the team who had the player taken from them are more long term players than you are.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#150 2017-09-26 01:03:59

hummerz5

so we're thinking factions have similar setups? if we actually don't need to be concerned about one having some OP absorption ability then we can probably just expect that to balance out imo. If we're wrong about that then this game could potentially be over d2 - lynch & NK & swap would make 9 players and 5 in the one team. If we're right about devlin then d2 would be lynch & NK & swap to make 9 and 4, still OK.

Onjit1631617732791356

Board footer