Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-22 05:42:18, last edited by Onjit (2017-10-09 15:02:21)

Onjit
Website

Mafia 15 [LOYALISTS WIN]

Welcome to Mafia 15

Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

---

Background
The Mafioso Family was once a great crime conglomerate lead by the Godfather. It would meet daily to discuss the progress of its dealings and strategies. However, the unity of the organisation was thrown into disarray when one morning, the Godfather was found dead. Immediately, several factions emerged, claiming to want to lead the crime empire. The Loyalists must consolidate what power they still have if they are to prevent the notoriously aggressive Orange Faction, the sly Blue Faction, and the steadfast Purple Faction, from destroying all that they have worked hard to achieve.

The game will end when one faction controls a majority of the crime conglomerate.

:.|:;

#2 2017-09-22 14:41:19

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 15 [LOYALISTS WIN]

I don't get it. If I say hey let's kill HeyNK nobody has any reason to disagree unless they're on his team. If any one of his team mates speak up, they make themselves easier to identify to be wiped out by the rest of us.

So, let's kill HeyNK.

!vote HeyNK

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 2017-09-22 14:52:03

Different55
Forum Admin

MrJaWapa wrote:
Different55 wrote:

!vote HeyNK

Why did you chose heynk? Was it random?

No, he was the first to post.

What would we do though if it got down to the point of two equally sized teams? Obviously neither side would be exiling the other. Night abilities?

- ShinsukeIto

#4 2017-09-25 14:20:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Don't have any reason not to vote Devlin. Tomorrow we can lynch Abelysk just to make sure.

Won't put my vote on just yet in the interests of having the day last longer than 2 hours.

- ShinsukeIto

#5 2017-09-25 16:26:08

Different55
Forum Admin

Devlin wrote:

you won’t learn anything from my death other than that my team has 1 less player.

sounds like a win-win to me. besides your team mates we all want you dead anyway.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#6 2017-09-25 17:13:01

Different55
Forum Admin

jkdrip wrote:

^while that's true, it's optimal to lynch the faction that gained a member.

As of right now we have no idea who that is and no way to find out. Either Devlin or Abelysk is acting strangely, we won't know which is which until they're dead.

- ShinsukeIto

#7 2017-09-29 17:26:11

Different55
Forum Admin

MatthijsFidder wrote:

!vote nolynch

literally why?

MrJaWapa wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

Yeah I say so. Every non-red has to work together to fight the red.

!vote Slabdrill

Well, it's not kill the red and win. It's kill everyone but your team.

Everyone but red has reason to go after red, and red is showing themselves to be a particular threat to everyone with their ability to change people's teams. Once red is dead (or just their recruiting role I guess) the rest of us can continue killing each other as normal.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 2017-10-01 19:17:16

Different55
Forum Admin

Idk if any of you have been paying attention, but there's a very clear trend that I think has snuck up on all of us. To be honest I'm a bit surprised by it. Linux usage has increased sharply.

The numbers don't lie, and I've found them reflected in this site as well. Going by unique IP/OS combos, Windows makes up about 80% of the desktop population of the forums, with Linux and macOS splitting the other 20%, Linux taking just a little more than its fair share.

This holds more or less true on other sites that I own (which have a far less technical community than this site), with Windows taking up only 55%, with macOS eating 25% and Linux eating 20%.

I think we should all keep this in mind that just because something might be disregarded as small doesn't mean we can forget about it.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2017-10-01 19:21:08

Different55
Forum Admin

On the topic of mafia, (and slightly related to my last post), I'm not sure what we should be doing here. We're all pretty focused on red but we're all still out to kill each other and that's a bit of a problem. We should at least neutralize red for the moment, someone needs to kill the recruiting role at night (are there even any night killing roles? anyone getting role block notifications?), and we should keep chasing after the recruitees during the day until that's solved.

But after red's gone and even before then, we don't have any way for someone to slip up and reveal themselves to be scum, because we're all scum and we all know each other is scum. The only thing that can be revealed is alliances.

- ShinsukeIto

#10 2017-10-01 23:23:56

Different55
Forum Admin

I thought I did but now people are going after jkdrip instead of Slabdrill and I must have missed why. I thought it was Slabdrill who switched teams, is Slab claiming that jkdrip is lying and is himself the traitor?

- ShinsukeIto

#11 2017-10-01 23:43:06

Different55
Forum Admin

ah cool that sounds very nice thank you for your assistance

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#12 2017-10-06 05:02:18

Different55
Forum Admin

Why'd we stop going after jkdrip?

!vote jkdrip

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#13 2017-10-06 19:25:49

Different55
Forum Admin

That's literally the dumbest reason. Get zumza replaced of he's gone mia, vote for the person we have reason to believe is red. He was on death's door yesterday for a reason, get him out of the way first.

- ShinsukeIto

#14 2017-10-07 19:14:36

Different55
Forum Admin

I think there might be an additional mechanic to death (2 people must target a player to successfully kill for example) that is causing most people's attempts to fail. Only thing that makes sense I think. It seems unlikely for a role blocker or a group of role blockers to be able to block every kill attempt each night.

- ShinsukeIto

#15 2017-10-07 23:13:19

Different55
Forum Admin

MrJaWapa if my love means anything to you put your vote back on jkdrip.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2017-10-09 16:52:52

Different55
Forum Admin

right right only 24 hours sorry

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:
Onjit1631617732791356