Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-08 20:14:18, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-08 20:14:36)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 14 [Mafia + Processor win!]

Democracy has spoken and Processor must be hung. Processor smiled as his death was announced and went running towards the noose with a smile on his face. Giggling to himself he announced "goodbye cruel world" and stepped of the stool and with a choke and a chuckle he was dead. Many townsfolk were shocked to see how willing he was to be lynched so investigated his home immediately. They were surprised to find that Processor had been planning his death for a while but was unsure whether to die by the hands of the mafia or the vote of the town; so it was concluded he was a joker-jester. His planning concluded that ultimately he had decided to get himself hung so it would seem that Processor has been victorious, congratulations.

Joker-Jester

Final vote count:

hummerz5: jkdrip Total: 1
Abelysk: hummerz5. Total: 1
Processor: HeyNK, Abelysk, Music Man, Gosha, Processor. Total: 5 Lynched.

Not voting: Onjit, Evilbunny. Total: 2

Night phase has now begun.
Night 3 ends on the 9th September 20:00 BST.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/l … nt=cursive

Please may EVERYONE message me the night actions they wish to perform and / or what transport they wish to use tomorrow.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#27 2017-09-09 20:34:54, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-09 20:42:30)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

The sun rises. Night 3 is over. Day 4 begins.

EE Times

7 players alive. 4 votes are needed for a majority.

Day 4 ends on the 12th of September 21:00 BST.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/e … nt=cursive

Both trains will be running today.

(The night ended early because I am busy irl, I might not be too responsive over the next day or so).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#28 2017-09-09 22:14:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'd like to take a moment of your time to announce that I am a complete **** up. This post will be very meta-able but I think in the current situation it is balanced in what gets revealed since it seems it is currently a jkdrip vs hummerz situation.

If you couldn't tell by the EE times, I plan to remove the transport system after this game. Why? Because whilst it's fun to watch the whole joy rider - car thief drama, the behind the scenes stuff has been a disaster. It's been complicated, to say the least, to keep track off. Especially since I've had less time than I first anticipated and google sheets seems to be bugging (causing me to have to record actions on my phone). As a result of this confusion I have made mistakes in recording who is doing what (well I got the night abilities right but not the transport).

For some reason, despite walking, I have hummerz marked on the spreadsheet as taking a car. The message hummerz gave to me and the message I gave to hummerz on day 2 was the result of walking. This means that if jkdrip had someway of knowing how hummerz travelled at the beginning of day 2, then he would have received the wrong result. So ironically, the debate between if jkdrip or hummerz is lying, is actually that they are both telling the truth from their own perspective.

I apologise for the inconvenience my stupidity has caused. I expected to make mistakes since it's my first time hosting but I was hoping I wouldn't make a mistake that would affect the game in such a way as this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral. Just to summarise, this post isn't confirming either hummerz or jkdrip as the roles or alignments they claim to be, but rather stating that they are both theoretically correct in what they are saying about how hummerz travelled on day 2.

You may continue about your accusations.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#29 2017-09-09 23:02:46, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-10 08:31:09)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Abelysk wrote:

I've been borrowing people's cars EVERY night, yet your will shows me riding car only on last night? How strangeee...

Yeah again, that was me being a **** up. I really messed jkdrip's role up in general. Jkdrip's readings in general would be wrong if he has a way of knowing who took cars, so if you did take a car those days then he theoretically would have the wrong result.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#30 2017-09-10 09:41:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Music Man had been minding his own business throughout the week. He was doing nothing wrong and no one was saying he was. But then all of a sudden the town caught him by surprise. They had declared that Music Man was mafia and they were adamant about it. Soon a gang had formed against him and didn't even allow him a chance to defend himself! Music Man was to be hanged that day and there was nothing he could do about it. As the lever was pulled and the stool fell away, Music Man hung motionless and dangling. The town watched on as nothing happened. They began to question what they had done; nothing had seemed off about Music Man at all, he was only lynched out of the process of elimination. This is when his body was caught by a strong wind and some car keys fell out his pocket. As he swung backwards in the wind another pair fell... it seems that Music Man had a lot of car keys on him, but they were not his own! It seems the town has finally found their car thief. 

(I've just realised that this red text doesn't really work).

Car Theif

Final vote count:

Music Man: jkdrip, hummerz5, Abelysk, Onjit. Total: 4 Lynched

Not voting: Gosha, Music Man, Evilbunny. Total: 3

Night 4 will roughly end on the 11th September at 9:00 BST.

Please may EVERYONE message me the night actions they wish to perform and / or what transport they wish to use tomorrow.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#31 2017-09-11 09:18:50, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-11 17:15:36)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

The sun rises. Night 4 is over. Day 5 begins.

EE Times
Revealed Role Card(s)

5 players alive. 3 votes are needed for a majority.

Day 5 ends on the 14th of September 21:00 BST.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/e … nt=cursive

Both trains will be running today.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#32 2017-09-12 17:31:12, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-12 17:31:53)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Today was Gosha's turn to be lynched and unsurprisingly he didn't accept the result. Gosha was being dragged towards the rope whilst he was kicking and screaming. He was determined that he wasn't going to go down without a fight. Suddenly, Gosha broke free and started running as fast as he could in the opposite direction. However, Onjit was faster than Gosha and quickly caught up with him. By now the 2 had been separated from the crowd. A fight broke out between the 2 and ended with Onjit tackling Gosha to the ground. But the grin of his victory soon faded from Onjit's face as he felt some kind of vest underneath Gosha's shirt. Gosha smiled as he gave up with trying to get away. Red lights started blinking faster and faster from within the vest and Onjit's efforts to get away were futile. Gosha exploded in a ball of flames which engulfed Onjit within the second. It was clear that Gosha was a suicide bomber. The rest of the town watched on helplessly as the flames died down to reveal Onjit's stationary dead corpse.

The town sat in sorrow as Onjit was buried along side the other bodies of the town, including Gosha's. When all of a sudden light appeared from Onjit's grave and out rose a ghostly figure. It was Onjit! By now the town was fearful of Onjit's spirit until he explained to them that he was simply a medium and as a result, his soul is able to persist for another day in the town.

Medium
Suicide Bomber

Final vote count:

Gosha: Abelysk, jkdrip Onjit. Total: 3 Lynched

Not voting: Gosha, hummerz5. Total: 2

Night 5 will roughly end on the 13th September at 17:30 BST.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#33 2017-09-12 17:37:08

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also, I apologise for taking so long to end the day after a majority was reached. I was asleep at that time and I've been busy all day //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#34 2017-09-12 21:47:22, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-12 22:40:56)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I am ending the night earlier as it would be pointless to keep it going after everyone has entered their night actions.

EE Times

In Abelysk's home a will was found. It read as follows:

-----
Abelisk the Joy Rider
N1 - Onjit
N2 - jkdrip
N3 - Gosha
N4 - did not use
N5 - Hummerz5
-----

Revealed Role Card(s)

Hummerz5 is the only player left standing and did not die. Since hummerz is aligned with the Mafia, the Mafia has won the game.

My thoughts on how the game was played

Dead chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/xLNdqtVn3Reh

Mafia chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/5Na9QUQGnix

Spreadsheet

Overall it was fun hosting my first game, but also hard. I definately wasn't perfect at it but I definitely put the effort in. I made many mistakes and I will learn from them to make any future games I host the best they can be. I don't want to host the next game and would prefer someone else to do so. But if there is not game for about a month or so then I will consider making a new one.

Things I am going to change / do differently next time:

- Remove the transport system. Whist it was fun to see the whole car theif drama, the system was too conveluted and hard to keep up with. As a result I will be removing it and any roles that focus around it. This means that I will also add some more roles to go in their place.
- Use blue text. The red text doesn't really work when announcing the mafia, so instead I will use blue.
- Reduce the impact of starting curses. That curse basically screwed the town a lot from it killing MrJaWapa, so I need to be more careful when choosing starting curses in the future.
- Take my time. For the most part of this game, I was rushing to meet deadlines. As a result I made some mistakes. In future games, I will wait until I have enough time to write messages so that I can maximise their creativity and accuracy.

The winners of this game are:
proccessor, Gosha, hummerz5 and Music Man. Congratulations to them.

Thank you to everyone who played this game, as well as to those of you who just watched it (I noticed there was a few people following the game who wern't actually playing). I hope you found it just as enjoyable to play as I did to host (despite my mistakes).

If you have any questions or concerns then feel free to ask.

GG everyone.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (5)

#35 2017-09-12 22:12:16, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-12 22:12:56)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

I feel like proc's playing style is perfect for being jester.

That's why I rigged was happy that he got that role.

I didn't actually rig it fyi.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#36 2017-09-12 22:31:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Oh **** just realised the EE times is supposed to say Abelysk not Gosha... whoops.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#37 2017-09-13 08:31:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

The setup was 3 maf, 2 neutral and 8 town. Also the detective role is designed to become more and more OP as the game goes on. Obviously it didn't get a chance to do that. The sniper role avoided the car spotter (who is basically a transport lookout); if someone else did the kill whilst you were watching them then you'd be able to realise that. Finally the medium can be very OP if killed earlier in the game. So the town were pretty strong since they were mostly investigators. It's just that things didn't really go their way.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#38 2017-09-13 19:01:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

HeyNK wrote:

I'm amazed how mafia was able to play so downright horribly and still win

The Mafia did not play horribly at all. They were a decent team and thought about the game tactically. The only real change I would have made in their position would be to kill jkdrip sooner.

HeyNK wrote:

There should not have been a jester in this setup, read the dead thread. Overall bad balance but it probably would have been winnable if we lynched hummerz.

Your problem you mentioned with a jester variant in the dead chat isn't exclusive to this setup. You are basically saying that jester variants shouldn't exist in mafia at all. Of course, different roles are going to have easier or harder win conditions, it doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. It adds diversity to the game and makes it more interesting. Also, lynching hummerz wouldn't have been a guaranteed win. The town still wasted a lot of time figuring out there were 2 joy riders and the main investigative role died N1; those are the 2 main reasons that the town probably lost.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#39 2017-09-13 22:04:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

bad game

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

MrJaWapa wrote:

too much going on at once

Hence why I am removing transport; aka the failed experiment.

MrJaWapa wrote:

was probably rigged

Lol no, if it was then you wouldn't have started with the curse. Also:

maxi123 wrote:

obviously proc is a neutral role, as per usual

Wouldn't have happened if rigged kek.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#40 2017-09-14 20:04:31, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-14 20:05:45)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

HeyNK wrote:
Devlin wrote:

The Mafia did not play horribly at all. They were a decent team and thought about the game tactically. The only real change I would have made in their position would be to kill jkdrip sooner.

"Lurking while being carried by hummerz is tactical" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Second, you should have said that this game was bastard so that I could have avoided signing up for it in the first place. Does this forum hold any non-role madness games? I'd love to see lurking scum win one of those.

Well, to be fair, I did say it might end up as a bastard game. You obviously didn't read this post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Also yes, other people do host games (I believe onjit plans to host the next one sometime). But the only mafia member you can even remotely consider to have let them down was Gosha, and even then that was mainly due to his time zone and computer access. Music Man was also a decent player, it's just unfortunate that he was consecutively voted for when he was offline. Also no offence, but the mafia played waaay more tactically than you did kek. Finally, town losing does not make it a bastard game. It's a common tactic for scum to lurk slightly as to not draw too much attention to themselves. Of course being too silent draws suspicion but being vocal doesn't always make you a good player. For example, different55 and MrJaWapa don't excessively comment like some players do, but they are still strong players. Besides, Music Man and Processor could be considered lurkers since they are not the most active of players, but that is just their play style and they both use it effectively (from what I've seen of them).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

mutantdevle1505415871677168

Board footer