Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-30 10:30:32, last edited by Doodle (2017-10-20 06:07:33)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Most Popular Worlds EVER

The PLAYS tab in the lobby displays the most played worlds but only if someone is in the world.

So since its already set up like that, what if the PLAYS tab displayed the Top 50 most played worlds of all time in EE OFFLINE; so instead a player doesn't have to be in the world for it to appear in the lobby.

I wouldn't there world be a little sprout of online players too!

I have once seen a medium world with a million plays. It had a bunch of pixel perfect mini games.

Can this be done?!

Wooted by:

#2 2017-08-30 11:14:19

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Most Popular Worlds EVER

Doodle wrote:

I have once seen a medium world with a million plays. It had a bunch of pixel perfect mini games.
Can this be done?!

there were hacked worlds with something like 672 million plays
thats twice the population of united states by the way

I support the idea but limit it to like top 10
Dont know much about EE servers but imo getting a list of all worlds that exist and then sorting them by number of plays would probably set the servers on fire

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-08-30 14:11:21

peace

nice idea but some worlds require a owner/bot to run
also isnt this a suggestion and nt a question? (sorry for minimod pls no ban k?)

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2017-08-30 18:34:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I do think we should have some good worlds, other than campaign ones, permanently open in a list (aka the featured list which is currently redundant) for players to try instead of crappy lobby levels. But I think these worlds should be hand picked rather than automatically the most played. The most played levels will probably be tutorials, campaign levels and levels that were regularly played during the peak of EE.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2017-08-31 08:41:50, last edited by Doodle (2017-08-31 08:58:41)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

So how this can work is since the PLAYS tab is programmed (set up) like i said to display the most played worlds online, when coding this, all that

Jesse or Showpath has to do is bring up the most played worlds, cut out the obvious hacked worlds, tutorials, and bot-hosted

worlds. Then when the selection process is done, code the top 50 worlds to be displayed always (like our worlds for the MINE tab).

Save, upload into EE, refresh page, YAHOOO! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

The option to cut out the campaign worlds is favorable.

maxi123 wrote:

I support the idea but limit it to like top 10

Now that's boring. The more there is, the better because there's more worlds to experience for a longer time. And what if 6 out of then ten worlds most people have played already? Or don't like them? More worlds would be nice. But i would still be grateful if they uploaded 10.

Dont know much about EE servers but imo getting a list of all worlds that exist and then sorting them by number of plays would probably set the servers on fire

This should be like a normal update. Make changes then upload it as usual.
Not actively changing the lobby like editing a released crew world with players in it.

EE servers should be able to handle a lot of active worlds in the lobby unless the server has become weak or we switched to a worse server when EE was remade?  idk if its the same... flash, player io.

Back in my days as a newbie (we OG. EE veterans players can relate), there were a thousand to two-thousand players online normally. In this example in the prime days of EE at 00:15 - 00:21 seconds in this video 6 years ago https://youtu.be/CUlAV3ghnP0, the lobby shows there's 2169 players online and the top online world has only 28 players in it. Imagine how many worlds are active in the lobby? Obviously 50+.

But if its really a server issue today, then as many as there can be without causing problems. I originally was going to say 100.

In this time of EE where few remain who stick around for the game, how about we try this as a recollection?

Wooted by:

#6 2017-08-31 11:13:33

LukeM
Website

Doodle:
The way you suggest doing it sounds very hacky... I'm sure if it was added, they'd want it to update automatically.
Maybe this would be a better idea for a player done thing, maybe a forum page or world with links to the top 50 worlds...

#7 2017-08-31 16:58:03

peace

als why not BOT leels and btw campaign worlds get most plays...

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#8 2017-09-01 05:25:09, last edited by Doodle (2017-09-01 08:36:37)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

destroyer123 wrote:

Doodle:
The way you suggest doing it sounds very hacky... I'm sure if it was added, they'd want it to update automatically.
Maybe this would be a better idea for a player done thing, maybe a forum page or world with links to the top 50 worlds...

Hacky=Codey

As a second option if they refuse to do it, that would be nice if one of them can post the list in Rooms thread sticky-ed.

peace wrote:

als why not BOT leels and btw campaign worlds get most plays...

Most bot worlds require a running bot to play.
We can have a list of top 50 playable worlds with exceptional cut out worlds or top 50 overall worlds. Either one is fine.

#9 2017-09-01 22:32:52, last edited by capasha (2017-09-01 22:55:15)

capasha

Here we go.

https://pastebin.com/k9Pqse1Y

Edit: Updated the list with owners.

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2017-09-02 00:05:38

Xfrogman43

capasha wrote:

Here we go.

wow rip floddyfosh, 99959 plays

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#11 2017-09-02 05:36:02

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

capasha wrote:

Here we go.

Thanks Capasha!

Although most of those worlds don't go in order from the amount of times played.

Yeah those top worlds are hacked. The real list begins at 12th place; the original game owner, Benjaminsen's Tutorial world at 864,994 plays. A billion views >_> Jesse you troll.
Although i'm skeptical about the user Bettaa, and his profile. Btw why is Koya's username not available on Profile Stats?

In case some people don't know, use Profile Stats under Stuff We Like on the bottom page of EE website to search usernames, then scroll down and click on their profile link to see their worlds.

Direct link: http://ee.yonom.org/

Doodle1504326962675804

Board footer