Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-08-28 07:10:01

capasha

Re: recording actions with bot

italkalotfromee wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:

People in programming tend to be rude because "their way is the best way and everyone should use it" and then they get all competitive about what others did wrong instead of actually helping the person who doesn't know what they are doing. -or just being an ****

Competitive more like a assertive as- crossing words over the internet. Protruding towards nothing better than just being a non-helpful programmer. I know I wouldn't want a stubborn helper.

[General]
Also, if the community going to act like this I won't refer people to the forums anymore to ask for help.

What should we do then? I already said that he need to make frames because I think he would want to make an animation bot.
I'm just trying to help but I don't get enough information. I could make a recording bot and add comments everywhere.

#27 2017-08-28 07:36:04

Xfrogman43

capasha wrote:

I could make a recording bot and add comments everywhere.

For me personally that wouldn't help. I'd ignore the comments and be happy that I got a bot I wanted.

capasha wrote:

I'm just trying to help but I don't get enough information

Yes I do understand where you are coming from with this, however, you could ask for more information (just saying examples, not sure if anyone actually did or not)

capasha wrote:

I already said that he need to make frames because I think he would want to make an animation bot.

Yes you did say this but you have to understand he is most likely a beginner and needs to know what 'frames' are and all that junk.

I'm just saying people need to lessen what they say to people. They might not realize they haven't said enough information and think what they said is fine. Just be nicer and maybe you cna get some more information.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#28 2017-08-28 11:06:09, last edited by LukeM (2017-08-28 11:06:31)

LukeM
Website

brine123 wrote:

why do people have to be so rude

Well yes some people were rude, but that's just the way the Internet is. I think there are enough helpful posts here though for you to be able to work it out, and if not, try to ask more specific questions, and we should be able to help you with that.

I guess it just sounded a bit like you were saying 'I got stuck, can you do it for me' instead of asking for people to help you work it out, which isn't a good way to learn.

#29 2017-08-28 11:07:45

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

destroyer123 wrote:

'I got stuck, can you do it for me'

Well, the fact that I learned how to code in C# by looking at already-made codes and reverse-engineering them.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#30 2017-08-28 11:46:43

LukeM
Website

Vinyl Melody wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

'I got stuck, can you do it for me'

Well, the fact that I learned how to code in C# by looking at already-made codes and reverse-engineering them.

I guess it can work, but you do need to actually understand the code, some people just copy and paste and dont care how it works

#31 2017-08-28 12:05:04

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

brine123 wrote:

why do people have to be so rude

You should've put more effort into your original post, by:

1. Telling us what you've tried (with the emphasis on tried);

2. Telling us how you think it might be done;

3. Posting any relevant code at all;

4. Literally just writing more words.

Any of those would have made you sound more competent and therefore made people take you more seriously.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (3)

#32 2017-08-28 12:15:25

MartenM
Website

Vinyl Melody wrote:

Don't forget stackoverflow.com //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2017-08-28 14:17:52

italkalotfromee

capasha wrote:
italkalotfromee wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:

People in programming tend to be rude because "their way is the best way and everyone should use it" and then they get all competitive about what others did wrong instead of actually helping the person who doesn't know what they are doing. -or just being an ****

Competitive more like a assertive as- crossing words over the internet. Protruding towards nothing better than just being a non-helpful programmer. I know I wouldn't want a stubborn helper.

[General]
Also, if the community going to act like this I won't refer people to the forums anymore to ask for help.

What should we do then? I already said that he need to make frames because I think he would want to make an animation bot.
I'm just trying to help but I don't get enough information. I could make a recording bot and add comments everywhere.

Xfrogman43 had the right idea here. You can either ask for more information about what he needs help with or tell him you don't want to do it for him but would rather help.
Yes I can agree with not just giving out code I understand but with people being arrogant about it. I would say "That's taking it to far."

destroyer123 wrote:

Well yes some people were rude, but that's just the way the Internet is. I think there are enough helpful posts here though for you to be able to work it out, and if not, try to ask more specific questions, and we should be able to help you with that.

Also, on another hand if you don't want to help or just want to be rude then don't reply to his post. I don't tolerate arrogance, rudeness, jerk, or being an as- behavior very well. I don't like the behavior since as I as a kid was always picked on. I know how to feels to be on the other side. No I'm not saying all are harassing or anything like that but just being blatantly rude  by calling him lazy is just mean and hateful. He is learning it and not just asking for code. He always wants me to explain it to him so he can learn it and I am happy to help players in this game with anything i possibly can. But being rude in my opinion isn't a way to come across someone.

destroyer123 wrote:

I guess it can work, but you do need to actually understand the code, some people just copy and paste and dont care how it works

In this case, I would ask them have they search google or any other references for help and not only asked on the forums. I personally always goto stackoverflow.
If I can't find a better solution or help from there I come here.

Hidden text

FluxBB bbcode test

#34 2017-08-29 00:31:55

brine123

I wouldn't know where to start on trying it, i only know really basic stuff

If someone could teach me a little that would be nice

Wooted by:

#35 2017-08-29 01:27:43, last edited by LukeM (2017-08-29 01:30:16)

LukeM
Website

brine123 wrote:

I wouldn't know where to start on trying it, i only know really basic stuff

If someone could teach me a little that would be nice

So... I guess ill try to help without just giving you the code

Most bots have some sort of switch, in the OnMessage handler, this is where most things caused by things players do happen, so is a good place to start
Mini question 1: How do I get block placements. Answer: In the 'b' message, there are a load of other topics about it, so I wont go into detail, ill just assume you get a class called Block

You can then go about storing the blocks in a list, similar to how you may have done the snake thing / admin list.
Mini question 2: How do I use a list. Answer: You define it using List<(type you want to store)>, e.g. List<Block>, which you can then .Add(Block) and .RemoveAt(index)

Once youve done all that, you have a simple block recorder, all you need is a way to start the recording (maybe using a command), and a way to place it (you said when you place a certain block, you should already know how to do this once youve done all of the above)

For placing the list of blocks, you should already know how to use the 'b' message, so all you should need to do is instead of typing in hardcoded values, loop through the list (hint: google), and use the blocks properties (layer, x, y, id)

This should be enough information to at least give it a good try on your own. If you get stuck, use google, and if youre still stuck after that, message here with what youve got so far, what youre trying to do, and your best guess of how to do it / what youve tried so far

#36 2017-08-29 22:16:30, last edited by brine123 (2017-08-29 22:25:49)

brine123

public List<block> Blocks = new List<block>();

i have that for the class , but how would i go about using a command to start it / record blocks into a txt file

#37 2017-08-29 22:47:34

MartenM
Website

brine123 wrote:

public List<block> Blocks = new List<block>();

i have that for the class , but how would i go about using a command to start it / record blocks into a txt file

A command that toggles a Boolean.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#38 2017-09-04 14:31:54

capasha

brine123 How it's going with the bot? Any success or do you want more help?

Wooted by: (3)

#39 2017-09-05 01:42:39

brine123

a little bit of success , i created the bool "bool Blocks = false;" then created the command to start it
if (msg[0] == ".record" && user == "brine123")
{
       Blocks = true;
       {

}
}
But i dont know how to record what i place into a txt file

Wooted by:

#40 2017-09-05 02:27:26, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-09-05 02:28:21)

italkalotfromee

brine123 wrote:

a little bit of success , i created the bool "bool Blocks = false;" then created the command to start it
if (msg[0] == ".record" && user == "brine123")
{
       Blocks = true;
       {

}
}
But i dont know how to record what i place into a txt file

When i said blocks = true in a if statement such as blocks = true { do code }..  I meant to put it in a if statement such as:

if (Blocks == true)
{

}

FluxBB bbcode test

#41 2017-09-05 06:05:12

brine123

yea but i want a command to activate it

#42 2017-09-05 07:59:47

capasha

brine123 wrote:

yea but i want a command to activate it

Something like this should work. https://pastebin.com/yJw5v8SV
Writing to a document you need to understand how to read and write to files.

Wooted by:
capasha1504594787676273

Board footer