Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#26 2017-08-17 14:12:22

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 1,996

Re: August 2017 Update!

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Online

#27 2017-08-17 14:35:14

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,141

Re: August 2017 Update!

showpath i dont know who made the update but are you guys retard? that block id 1134 could be merged into 148 with 4 morphs! much bette rthen adding a new block for it and having it 3 morphs also the t junction pipe morph is weird needs fix

Last edited by peace (2017-08-17 14:35:26)


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#28 2017-08-17 14:39:44

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,768
Website

Re: August 2017 Update!

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

I understand you lost all your team, but if they left, it was for reasons about the game. The current administration isn't good enough, it needs a change.
You shouldn't be doing updates like this.

Its not just one or the other, I think theyve started the process for a possible change in administration, so they might as well do some updates while that is happening

Offline

#29 2017-08-17 14:41:00

Myst
Guest

Re: August 2017 Update!

maxi123 wrote:

Yay I can finally build proper space turrets now
https://image.prntscr.com/image/yCxZOgb … yVLkZg.png

I'm sorry for my graphic skill
giphy.gif

Last edited by Myst (2017-08-17 14:43:05)

#30 2017-08-17 14:59:36

Whirl
Member
From: 2015-02-18
Joined: 2018-04-25
Posts: 4,686
Website

Re: August 2017 Update!

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

Now EE looks like it was a remake like ECreates (terrible remake) with terrible graphics everywhere...
(Better than nothing though)

Everybody Edits is older than that remake.


Youtube Twitter

Kudos to HG, Nikko99, Koya and Crybaby, Anatoly
rudik5000.gif

Offline

#31 2017-08-17 15:44:14

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,943

Re: August 2017 Update!

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

I know, some expansions were useful (Domestic pack, although some graphics were stolen from EECM), but, most of the graphics are bad.

Evidence? It's incredibly pathetic to claim that a **** private server which uses STOLEN assets is claiming that the game THEY steal from is stealing from them.
The graphics within this update mostly originate (albeit with some tweaks) from the previous graphics Toop created that didn't make it into previous updates to the game.

EDIT: I just mentioned the ridiculous claim on #nimg and the response from HG.

<atillabyte> **** marco claiming ee stole graphics from EE CM
<HG> LOOOOOOOOL
<HG> WHAT
<HG> source
<HG> atillabyte: link him to http://krock-works.16mb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=124

Last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-08-17 16:06:43)


atill.gif

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#32 2017-08-17 16:37:06

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123
From: Cali Baby | 2017 popin
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 1,216

Re: August 2017 Update!

Yay. 😃

Offline

#33 2017-08-17 20:33:39

Stogiope
Member
Joined: 2017-08-06
Posts: 12

Re: August 2017 Update!

Not a fan of the smiley.. Bring back ancient EE ! Or riots !

Offline

Wooted by:

#34 2017-08-17 21:57:29

John
Member
Joined: 2019-01-11
Posts: 1,780

Re: August 2017 Update!


PW

Offline

Wooted by:

#35 2017-08-17 22:00:22

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Joined: 2015-02-16
Posts: 289
Website

Re: August 2017 Update!

As someone who understands visual design (and insight on Toop's graphics), this update is awful.
I'm terrible at explaining many of the fundamental concepts behind the failures of this update so bear with me.

Cowgirl smiley is gross. TOOP began that smiley about a year ago and never finished it because it looked bad. I wanted to see a better version of it but we get his sub-par rough drafts.
Same goes for lots of stuff pulled from the cut content archive. It looks really bad.

The stop sign was a **** failure that Toop and I laughed at and he threw in the trash bin. This also might be news to you: stop signs aren't for construction sites! There's a reason it was in a city pack!

Again: the fire hydrant makes no sense in the construction pack. It was designed for a city pack but it looks like the staff couldn't be bothered to put time and effort into the graphics so they just stole it and shoved it in a city-like pack. Shame on you.

Domestic pack has a brown bar morph for some reason?? Oh it's a picture frame (honestly couldn't tell). Toop had this in a rough draft of the domestic pack, but it was cut because there's already a picture in the pack.
Packs have a balance to them that I'm not going to spend the time to explain because it's complex **** that nobody got time to misunderstand.
Honestly I'd be okay with this if it was in a museum pack, but whatever.

Rotating the wild west pole is a mistake.: WHAT THE BLOCK IS HAS MORE IMPORTANCE THAN IT BEING BUILD-ABLE. This is a concept  to ensure that packs don't have **** like upside down TVs or sideways porches.

The extended I beams on the construction pack are pointless. Just get rid of the 2 dots if they bother people that much. Furthermore, the pack is now bloated with useless blocks and backgrounds.
Toop had a system to make his packs "balanced" which involved color balancing with ratios. Here's Toop's balance with the construction pack compared to the new one:

9YiQnS9.png

Percentage of red in TOOP's pack: 40%

Percentage of red in new pack: 67% (too much red)

There's so much more wrong with all of this that I don't even have the time to get into.
People say that art is all how people feel about it and that's what makes it good or bad. That's wrong. This update is objectively bad. (that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it though)

...

TL;DR

Toop is not perfect: he made some terrible mistakes in his time as a graphics designer. However, this update pushes his mistakes into the limelight and **** all over what he put into EE. Toop's attempts to make the game a more clear graphics experience has been muddled with seemingly random junk thrown in the mix.

To Cola1: you are a good graphics designer, but honestly nobody could have filled the large boots Toop left behind. Nothing I complained about in this update is truly your fault. You'll get better with practice and experience, don't let my angry ranting turn you away from something you love to do.
EDIT: This wasn't Cola1's update sorry buddy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

...

Now, the items in this update are useful, and builders will have lots of fun with it I'm sure. Honestly, as someone who adored what toop did to the game I can't help but feel that by scraping the remnants of his work from the floor you're tainting the rest of his legacy. (With this in mind I also accept that I am heavily biased towards liking toop's work so take my post with a grain of that salt)

Last edited by Badoosh (2017-08-17 22:14:44)

Offline

#36 2017-08-17 22:11:13

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,573
Website

Re: August 2017 Update!

Badoosh wrote:

To Cola1: you are a good graphics designer, but honestly nobody could have filled the large boots Toop left behind. Nothing I complained about in this update is truly your fault. You'll get better with practice and experience, don't let my angry ranting turn you away from something you love to do.

I thought the only thing Cola1 made in this update was the raccoon smiley?


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#37 2017-08-17 22:12:50

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,943

Re: August 2017 Update!

Badoosh wrote:

....wall of text....

tl;dr tl;dr:
1. this update is awful cowgirl is gross, stop sign is bad, fire hydrant doesnt belong
2. toop was the best and nobody could ever replace daddy toop, these graphics were cut because they are bad
3. there is a balance that is so sophisticated and complex that i cant be bothered to explain it's far too extreme algorithms and quantum artistic dynamics
4. cola1 you are a good graphics designer but nobody could ever replace daddy!!! you are tainting his legacy by adding cut content!!1


atill.gif

Offline

#38 2017-08-17 22:13:22

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq
From: Mars
Joined: 2016-03-22
Posts: 768

Re: August 2017 Update!

Actually i totally agree with badoosh, I think this is the worst update til now yet, bunch of mistakes..
Plus the dark clouds look like some random backgrounds if you noticed that, the rotations of the clouds shading is **** because it's usually shown from up not from down.
Cowgirl smiley is the most horrible smiley i have ever seen..
In the campaign, tier 1 and tier 3 were fun ^.^ thanks commanderkitten and smittw for making some fun worlds, Megalamb's worlds were sorta bad a bit -no offence but didn't have fun there much-, Tier 5 of the campaign was just a coin hunt world.. I think it was boring too..
Thor, Raccoon smileys were nice, Lion smiley was sorta doesn't look like a lion, i mean you should've fixed his eyes and his mouth to show him like more lion-ic
Expansions were meanless, or maybe some of them were, they are a big mess of blocks, rotations shouldn't have happend..

Congratulations Cola1 for being a graphic designer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink!

This update could've been better than this, needed more work.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#39 2017-08-17 22:26:51

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Joined: 2015-02-16
Posts: 289
Website

Re: August 2017 Update!

Devlin wrote:
Badoosh wrote:

To Cola1: you are a good graphics designer, but honestly nobody could have filled the large boots Toop left behind. Nothing I complained about in this update is truly your fault. You'll get better with practice and experience, don't let my angry ranting turn you away from something you love to do.

I thought the only thing Cola1 made in this update was the raccoon smiley?

Yeah I realized that later. My bad.

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Badoosh wrote:

....wall of text....

tl;dr tl;dr:
1. this update is awful cowgirl is gross, stop sign is bad, fire hydrant doesnt belong
2. toop was the best and nobody could ever replace daddy toop, these graphics were cut because they are bad
3. there is a balance that is so sophisticated and complex that i cant be bothered to explain it's far too extreme algorithms and quantum artistic dynamics
4. cola1 you are a good graphics designer but nobody could ever replace daddy!!! you are tainting his legacy by adding cut content!!1

Well when you say it like that it's kinda depressing, really. I thought we could have a discussion about this without petty mockery. :\
I don't deny that I am biased towards liking toop's graphics, though.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#40 2017-08-17 22:27:20

John
Member
Joined: 2019-01-11
Posts: 1,780

Re: August 2017 Update!

Bimps wrote:

where's unitEE?

marcoantonimsantos wrote:

Not trying to offend anyone but, this update was terrible.
<snip bashing>
You shouldn't be doing updates like this.

Now EE looks like it was a remake like ECreates (terrible remake) with terrible graphics everywhere...
(Better than nothing though)

The 135 Guy wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

Either way these graphics are amazing

Devlin wrote:

Omg yes, Cola1 will be perfect as the new graphics designer!!

You appear to have missed what the graphics look like.
cowgirl-smiley2-e1502941941656.png?w=646
(I'm sorry if I made people's eyes bleed)

Tomahawk wrote:
Image
peace wrote:

showpath i dont know who made the update but are you guys retard? <snipped stuff that wont even work>

Badoosh wrote:

As someone who understands visual design (and insight on Toop's graphics), this update is awful.
I'm terrible at explaining many of the fundamental concepts behind the failures of this update so bear with me.
<snip>

Oray wrote:

This update could've been better than this, needed more work.

The negativity is honestly very depressing. The staff worked very hard on this update and all of you seem pretty ungrateful. They don't get paid, they do it because they enjoy the game.

This community is so small, yet surprisingly demanding...

Keep it up staff, thanks for reviving the game. This game shaped me into the person I am today... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: Typos

Last edited by John (2017-08-17 22:33:18)


PW

Offline

#41 2017-08-17 22:46:01

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,468

Re: August 2017 Update!

Emalton wrote:

The negativity is honestly very depressing. The staff worked very hard on this update and all of you seem pretty ungrateful. They don't get paid, they do it because they enjoy the game.
This community is so small, yet surprisingly demanding...
Keep it up staff, thanks for reviving the game. This game shaped me into the person I am today...
EDIT: Typos

well being toxic and ungrateful is rather admirable in this small community


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Offline

#42 2017-08-17 22:52:32

Latif
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 1,183

Re: August 2017 Update!

Stop complaining about the update. A bad update is better than no update.

Imo it isn't even bad, I only dislike the cowgirl smiley.

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#43 2017-08-17 23:27:12

Bimps
Member
From: michigan
Joined: 2015-02-08
Posts: 4,812

Re: August 2017 Update!

Emalton wrote:

The negativity is honestly very depressing. The staff worked very hard on this update and all of you seem pretty ungrateful. They don't get paid, they do it because they enjoy the game.

This community is so small, yet surprisingly demanding...

Keep it up staff, thanks for reviving the game. This game shaped me into the person I am today... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: Typos

why the hell is criticism a bad thing? people dont get better by "good job"


pBEEzUa.png
bruuuuuh

Offline

#44 2017-08-17 23:43:04

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,316

Re: August 2017 Update!

Bimps wrote:
Emalton wrote:

The negativity is honestly very depressing. The staff worked very hard on this update and all of you seem pretty ungrateful. They don't get paid, they do it because they enjoy the game.

This community is so small, yet surprisingly demanding...

Keep it up staff, thanks for reviving the game. This game shaped me into the person I am today... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: Typos

why the hell is criticism a bad thing? people dont get better by "good job"

They also don't get better by "Lol this update sucks and nothing is good lolololololol"


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

Wooted by: (5)

#45 2017-08-17 23:46:50

Bimps
Member
From: michigan
Joined: 2015-02-08
Posts: 4,812

Re: August 2017 Update!

Luka504 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Emalton wrote:

The negativity is honestly very depressing. The staff worked very hard on this update and all of you seem pretty ungrateful. They don't get paid, they do it because they enjoy the game.

This community is so small, yet surprisingly demanding...

Keep it up staff, thanks for reviving the game. This game shaped me into the person I am today... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: Typos

why the hell is criticism a bad thing? people dont get better by "good job"

They also don't get better by "Lol this update sucks and nothing is good lolololololol"

not everyone he quoted said stuff like that


pBEEzUa.png
bruuuuuh

Offline

Wooted by:

#46 2017-08-18 00:08:02

DarkComet
Member
From: Dipstick Kingdom
Joined: 2016-11-20
Posts: 774

Re: August 2017 Update!

grats cola1
do me a favor and don't leave us
you have amazing graphics btw
also why does the stop sign look like crud


1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png

Offline

#47 2017-08-18 00:12:03

TurtleCat1
Member
From: Somewhere in the molecules
Joined: 2017-06-01
Posts: 31

Re: August 2017 Update!

FIX THE LAG PROBLEM I CANT PLAY ANY MAPS AT ALL STILL


- The Triple cheese convection.

Offline

#48 2017-08-18 01:19:09

BEE
Member
Joined: 2015-03-14
Posts: 1,678

Re: August 2017 Update!

Badoosh wrote:

This also might be news to you: stop signs aren't for construction sites! There's a reason it was in a city pack!

We have stop signs at our construction sites around here O_o

One one side it says stop, the other side says "slow." Its how they refill potholes on one side of the road and let traffic through he other side while it dries.


Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#49 2017-08-18 01:45:23

Onjit
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,799
Website

Re: August 2017 Update!

BEE wrote:
Badoosh wrote:

This also might be news to you: stop signs aren't for construction sites! There's a reason it was in a city pack!

We have stop signs at our construction sites around here O_o

One one side it says stop, the other side says "slow." Its how they refill potholes on one side of the road and let traffic through he other side while it dries.

Those signs are round, and if they intended it to be one of those signs, they would have included the yellow "slow" sign as well.

It's clearly in the wrong pack and was just tacked on the construction pack for more content


Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your kisama country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. I'm a weeb? Pfft. I AM AN OTAKU DESU. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is before anata try to insult watashi desu. I WILL NOT BE CYBERBULLIED ANYMORE. REPORTED.

Offline

#50 2017-08-18 03:14:27

HeyNK
Member
Joined: 2017-04-07
Posts: 1,294

Re: August 2017 Update!

I finished the journey campaign in 10 min. Make a new campaign.

Online

Wooted by: (2)
Hadouken1503947432675287

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1560985636.4998 - Generated in 0.085 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.85 MiB (Peak: 2.18 MiB) ]