Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2017-08-09 17:40:06

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

Devlin wrote:

omg guys just stop with the RNG votes will you? RNG is not helpful in any way because it is the perfect defence. If luka comes up as townie then everyone will just be like "oh we only followed the RNG, not our fault, sucks to be him". RNG votes get us no where because they provide us with no information other than the people following it are idiots.

It's D1, there's actually nothing to go on. Discussing nothing easily leads to being manipulated by scum. No discussion = no manipulation. We can discuss tomorrow, for now let's play russian roulette.

Devlin wrote:

MrJaWapa - Started the RNG mess so slightly leaning scum but I think his actions may have had town intent.

No that's me again. I started that last game, he's just bringing it back. Although he was also the person to actually roll the dice last game, too. We didn't end up going with an RNG vote, we went with what one person said, and what do you know.

The person "we" followed happened to be mafia guiding us onto killing someone he knew was town. Good job, guys, last game you literally fell for the trick I was warning you against. Let's not do that again.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#77 2017-08-09 17:40:19

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

I'd be alright with voting for someone else if finding another lynch victim we can all agree on in the next 5 + 2/3 hours was realistic.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#78 2017-08-09 17:48:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Ugh I'm guessing no one is going to listen to my warning against RNG?

Welp

!vote Evilbunny

Everyone who votes for Luka I currently consider as a scum action. Also Evilbunny already has a vote and they seem more suspicious to me than jkdrip due to their lack of contribution. Furthermore the 5th vote out of 7 is a fairly comfortable vote number to be as a Mafia member since you cannot be blamed for starting the wagon nor can you be directly responsible for a potential hammer; Evilbunny is probably smart enough to know that.

AlphaJon wrote:

My bad then, I misread.

I still feel like following the crowd for the first day, because I have no clue who to actually lynch, so if people are against you, I'll vote against you too. That applies for everyone, in the case people start switching votes.

Please side with me in the vote against Evilbunny; based on what I have said it is a much more reasonable vote than an RNG.

Also @Luka I'm hoping this is going to be a you or Evilbunny vote so I guess that means you gotta side with me.

Also @Jawapa if you don't side with me here I'm going to be very disappointed.

@Evilbunny I look forward to you defending yourself here (if you choose to at all).

Finally @everyone else, if you disagree with RNG votes then vote for Evilbunny. It really isn't too late to get a better candidate than a RNG aka luck vote.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#79 2017-08-09 17:50:05

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

i want to get a lynch down because it lowers the chance of mafia killing everyone. if evilbunny ends up with more votes with luka i'll switch to them.

suddenly random sig change

#80 2017-08-09 17:50:13

Different55
Forum Admin

devlin read my post.

Look at what happened last game. I pushed for a RNG vote, but instead you guys decided to bandwagon onto a person the maf picked. You essentially gave maf a free kill D1. I mean I didn't mind at the time, since I was maf last game, but I was literally warning you guys against the exact thing that was happening

and you ignored it

for the love of all that is holy don't do it again.

- ShinsukeIto

#81 2017-08-09 17:50:52

Luka504

Honestly,  this entire ordeal makes me just wanna ask for a prod and never pick up mafia again because i don't wanna play with all of this stupidity.
And because of that im voting for myself.
!vote luka
Good luck with one less townie.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#82 2017-08-09 17:51:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

omg guys just stop with the RNG votes will you? RNG is not helpful in any way because it is the perfect defence. If luka comes up as townie then everyone will just be like "oh we only followed the RNG, not our fault, sucks to be him". RNG votes get us no where because they provide us with no information other than the people following it are idiots.

It's D1, there's actually nothing to go on. Discussing nothing easily leads to being manipulated by scum. No discussion = no manipulation. We can discuss tomorrow, for now let's play russian roulette.

Okay what then? If we listened to RNG then tomorrow the only thing we'd have is 2 dead players. Where's the discussion in that? The only way we'd be able to advance from that point is if a PR role claims and tells us some information which almost never happens.

RNG votes are almost as bad as a no lynch when you consider the maths behind each.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#83 2017-08-09 17:51:55

Different55
Forum Admin

is this becoming a pattern because this is the second time someone's voted to kill themselves in as many games.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#84 2017-08-09 17:52:10

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

!unvote

medium confidence that luka is townie

#85 2017-08-09 17:52:29

Different55
Forum Admin

Devlin wrote:

Where's the discussion in that? The only way we'd be able to advance from that point is if a PR role claims and tells us some information which almost never happens.

I agree with this part.

- ShinsukeIto

#86 2017-08-09 17:52:43

Luka504

Sorry Devlin but i cant be bothered. I consider you and Anatoly town and everyone else is a scum

#87 2017-08-09 17:54:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka un vote for yourself and vote Evilbunny ffs. Voting for yourself never helps you are ruining the town here.

Also diff the RNG or non RNG would not have mattered for you either way last game since your goal was to kill everyone.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#88 2017-08-09 17:55:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Vote count:

[5] Luka504 - MrJaWapa, Different55, jkdrip, Evilbunny, Luka504 (L-2)
[1] MrJaWapa - AnatolyEE
[1] Evilbunny - Devlin

7 votes needed for majority.
The day ends in roughly 5 hours.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#89 2017-08-09 17:56:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill since you unvoted Luka can you at least put your vote on Evilbunny if only for now; just to give people another option if they feel like it instead of feeling hopeless about anyone else getting lynched.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#90 2017-08-09 18:03:25

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

The biggest reason everyone's voting for Luka is because we want a d1 lynch and don't know who else to pick. Most of us seem to agree that d1 lynches are necessary if town is to win. By voting for someone else you're splitting up the bandwagon, hurting town. I also disagree with Devlin's reasoning to why EB is suspicious. Due to this, I suspect Devlin to be mafia. This also makes me not want to vote for EB, as mafia would not suggest other mafia. I don't think I could get a bandwagon on Dev however, so I'll keep my vote on Luka for now.

#91 2017-08-09 18:13:57

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

!vote devlin

not sure who else to pick im following jkdrip's logic

Wooted by:

#92 2017-08-09 18:15:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:

The biggest reason everyone's voting for Luka is because we want a d1 lynch and don't know who else to pick.

That's why I've just put forth another candidate. In my opinion anyone is better than a RNG picked candidate since there is little motive to the wagon.

Also am I the only one that thinks that "well there's not other candidate so there's no point in trying" attitude is toxic for the town? Correct me if I am wrong but is it not this way of think that meant Kubapolish was almost not lynched in the discord game? It's only because people starting discussing another target to the front runners that we managed to lynched a Mafia and win the game shortly after.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#93 2017-08-09 18:20:05

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Yeah no. I'd rather not repeat last game's fiasco.

There was no "fiasco".

Luka504 wrote:

I don't mind first day lynches, far from it actually, provided that they have a good reason for it.
If we all just bandwagon on a person who is only suspicious cuz he is new to the game *cough* Gosha *cough* then don't be suprised if we start losing townies fast.
RNG is the worst reason to ever accuse anyone of anything.

What other reason do we have to lynch someone day 1? Hm? There's absolutely nothing to go on.

Luka504 wrote:

You two are a bit too pushy for my taste.
Day 1 barely started and you wanna end it?
If we are gonna lynch someone at least wait for the end of the day so we can get the most reads.
Aka dont quickhammer.
Anyway im gonna !vote jkdrip since he seems to follow jawapa blindly just cuz of RNG.

Yeah, we have to get all the possible reads on the ****.

And it wasn't blindly following anyone. He voted you because your name was chosen out of randomness.

AnatolyEE wrote:

I guess that's the most stupid thing I ever did, but:
.... because of randomly attacking someone. I am completely at Luka's protection, because he was attacked for no reason.

He wasn't "attacked". He's only accumulated a few votes, and because his name was drawn from a hat.

Luka504 wrote:

So far i'm picking up some scummy vibes from the people who let RNG decide who to lynch.

Please, tell us what else we have to go on. Either we lynch on randomness, or we go with a nolynch.

Luka504 wrote:

Ok executioner.

You were picked randomly. I didn't rig the RNG.

Devlin wrote:

Also @Jawapa if you don't side with me here I'm going to be very disappointed.

We can put EB on the chopping block tomorrow. might be too late to do anything today.

Luka504 wrote:

i don't wanna play with all of this stupidity.

Someone's butt hurt.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#94 2017-08-09 18:20:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Thank you Slabdrill. Jkdrip are you also going to vote for me now? Because I think you should. Obviously I would also think voting for myself is a mistake but at least get some options here. Any vote, other than a no lynch, is a better vote than a no lynch in my opinion. I'd prefer it not to be myself though but at least get some discussion going.

Also just saying this scumness you see in me is just me playing aggressive. The only way I would be scum right now is if Luka is scum and I don't think anyone thinks Luka is actually scum right? You are just voting for him because of the RNG. Hence if he is town then so am I and if he is scum then yes it is fair to assume I am scum.

So make up your mind. Do you genuinely believe Luka is scum or are you / did you just vote for him because of the RNG?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#95 2017-08-09 18:20:51

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Devlin wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

The biggest reason everyone's voting for Luka is because we want a d1 lynch and don't know who else to pick.

That's why I've just put forth another candidate. In my opinion anyone is better than a RNG picked candidate since there is little motive to the wagon.

I disagree with your motive for EB, since the timing of his post could really genuinely just been when he saw this thread and there's just not information to off of, which is how this whole RNG thing started. However, I do have reason to suspect you now.

!vote Devlin

Wooted by:

#96 2017-08-09 18:21:29

Evilbunny

Devlin wrote:

Everyone who votes for Luka I currently consider as a scum action. Also Evilbunny already has a vote and they seem more suspicious to me than jkdrip due to their lack of contribution. Furthermore the 5th vote out of 7 is a fairly comfortable vote number to be as a Mafia member since you cannot be blamed for starting the wagon nor can you be directly responsible for a potential hammer; Evilbunny is probably smart enough to know that.

I happened to vote 5th, my bad? I guess?

Devlin wrote:

@Evilbunny I look forward to you defending yourself here (if you choose to at all).

give me something to defend and I'll try

Diff is warning against what (apparently) happened last game where mafia led people onto a person day 1 instead of just going for RNG. I realize voting for RNG is not likely to get a mafia but it is likely to cause some action, like Devlin trying to turn the votes against me. He might be town and is just trying to help, but at least we got something out and we can see other people's reactions to that above me. That's why I voted.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by: (2)

#97 2017-08-09 18:22:46

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Double post sorry but just saw Dev's post. I don't think it was ever said that anybody voting for Luka actually thought he was scum. The RNG just gives us something to go off of, sparking discussion.

#98 2017-08-09 18:23:19

Luka504

Ok hi.
Im claiming doctor.
Not to save me or anything.
I just want the mafia to target me so i dont survive the night.
Feel free to thabk yourselves, RNG praisers.

Anyway im done with mafia for good, it caused me too much real life anxiety and stress to be accused with no good reason other than dumb chance.
I dont wanna play a game that makes me feel worsre to play.

#99 2017-08-09 18:23:49

Evilbunny

!unvote

!vote Devlin

because I'd rather have devlin out than luka at this point and he has some votes now

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#100 2017-08-09 18:31:30

Luka504

Evilbunny wrote:

!unvote

!vote Devlin

because I'd rather have devlin out than luka at this point and he has some votes now

How coincidental that you vhanged ur vote as soon as i claimed doctor!
!vote evilbunny

AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer