Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2017-08-12 20:55:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

Tbh though Evilbunny I'd rather wait until tomorrow before we start going for Slabdrill.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#77 2017-08-12 21:00:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Just to bring hummerz's words back to light:

hummerz5 wrote:

one potential good reason for not taking all 72 hours is to strike while the iron's hot

the facts won't change, but people might cool down I guess...

I'd rather have the me and Luka vs jawapa situation settled now than give everyone the chance to cool down.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#78 2017-08-12 21:01:09

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

I'm ok with lynching luka but like jawapa said you guys weren't getting anywhere. Half the players aren't around right now so I guess I'll wait for a few outsiders to say their opinions.

I feel like they already have a lot to read through. I don't think distracting them with information about Slabdrill is wise.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#79 2017-08-12 21:08:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

I posted that earlier ^^

Alright makes sense

problem with that is

what you're really saying is "I don't want to lynch Luka." You could swap JaWapa for literally any other player and come up with the same six scenarios. Why go after JaWapa specifically? Again, he's basically confirmed town. Confirmed in the worst way possible, but still confirmed.

It's true that Jawapa can be swapped out with anyone else (besides AlphaJon obviously). That is also something I mentioned in my earlier messages.

So in theory it's true that we could replace Jawapa with Slabdrill.

However, whilst you do not see it, points 2 and 1 that I made still stand against jawapa. You admitted that you did see slight scum in jawapa even if it isn't much. Obviously the way people view point 1 will vary from person to person but is still there. Furthermore, some people do see validity in point 2. Unless they are Mafia, we won't learn anything from lynching a random other person and we even risk lynching another power role. At least with Jawapa we get an idea as to what actually happened N1 no matter what way he flips.

Basically there is more support for jawapa at this stage than any other random person.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#80 2017-08-12 21:14:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also Jawapa is not confirmed townie.

If he knew anatoly would be mod killed, then he could have purposely went against him to make himself look innocent.

If he didn't know anatoly would be mod killed, then how do we know his attack on anatoly wasn't a temporary thing? He mentioned that AlphaJon could be involved but both Anatoly and AlphaJon couldn't be involved could they? How did we know he didn't plan to shift focus away from anatoly and onto AlphaJon in the future when luckily (I guess?) for him anatoly was mod killed. If anatoly had been lynched later on Jawapa would have the perfect defence that he was suspicious of him much earlier.

I know that these theories will appear to have low validity but I guess that Jawapa is town for you what Luka is doctor for me. The chances of Luka being doctor is high due to the dram involving him but you just don't see it, likewise the chances of Jawapa being town are high but I just don't see that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#81 2017-08-12 21:54:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm not forcing it, the town together are forcing it. Most people are in support of a lynch on either Luka or Jawapa. Some people support both, some people support one but not the other. Gosha seems to be the only person not interested in either. Slabdrill is also and option but the Jawapa wagon is in a strong position right now and I doubt we'd be able to convince people to abandon that in replacement for Slabdrill without more evidence coming to light other than his lack of contribution being a bit dodgy. At least with Jawapa and Luka we have that Jawapa was roleblocked and Luka deemed mutual town reads on a confirmed Mafia. There is no proper evidence like that for Slabdrill. Luka and Jawapa are our best leads and I'd argue Jawapa is the better option of the 2.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#82 2017-08-12 22:52:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

Gosha seems to be the only person not interested in either.

Evilbunny

Evilbunny was in support of Luka for a while.

Different55 wrote:

JaWapa gave information that only a citizen would have access to.

What that he stated the final word on the townie card? That's not proof. Proc asked about it before hand as a way to test if I was town. As a response I gave the definition. It is EASY to tell the word from the definition, if not simple google search by copy and pasting the definition would bring you a correct result. Any Mafia could have done that.

Different55 wrote:

That's plenty of time for everyone to jump ship to someone else.

Previously I would have been willing to consider that. But hummerz's comment about letting situations go cold is why I feel that we shouldn't back down from pressure.

Also, how's this for a question on the role card:

What is the character on the 4th line 9 places from the left and 117 places from the right? I'd say you have about a 1 in 26 chance here. Are you feeling luck? Guess a letter.

Only vanilla townies would know the answer to that. No power roles, no scum, just townies, which Jawapa claims he is.

But honestly though this whole role card thing is stupid and I kinda feel it is bypassing rule 5 so I'd suggest we stay away from doing this; both for the rest of this game and in future games.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#83 2017-08-12 23:07:46

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Devlin offered the definition explicitly through a search engine. If a mafioso wanted to try their hand at replicating the word, all they had to do is brute force any good candidates to find the right one. It's no stroke of genius to try words from a mafia card to see what fits! This finding isn't incriminating but if you give any weight to the secondary claim on the word you are mistaken.

Literally why has nobody else said this already

Okay I am now convinced you have definitely not read everything. This was mentioned several times.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#84 2017-08-12 23:24:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

If I recall correctly then the vote count is:

Jawapa - 6
Slabdrill - 2
Processor - 1

People not currently voting: Processor, different and AlphaJon

Don't quote me on that though. Maxi isn't online sadly //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#85 2017-08-14 21:34:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

!vote Slabdrill

On Day 1 I stated that I think Jkdrip and Slabdrill may be together. Since we know that Jkdrip is scum I feel it is safe to assume Slabdrill is his partner.

Why anyone steal Jawapa's body? Like wtf how does that do anything in any way? Jawapa I'm so sorry we got lynched yesterday and I hope your body is found <3 RIP.

Also RIP to diff. As soon as Jawapa flipped town I knew you were also, it's a shame that the Mafia saw that and targeted you because of it. You would have been one of the more useful players today and you will be missed.

So Jkdrip is a member of the Mafia eh? That fits one of my original theories that I had discarded. Also I guess Luka wasn't so crazy to attack Jkdrip after all.

Since Jkdrip was an investigator I assume they would have investigated Luka night 1 just to make sure if he was the doctor. Diff being killed tells us that the Mafia did not target AlphaJon, presumably because they knew he would be protected by Luka.

As Jawapa's theory on both me and Luka being Mafia has been disproved by Jkdrip being Mafia, I would appreciate it if we could skip the crap of you all accusing us today. But if you still don't believe we are both Town then ask yourself what do you think stopped the night kill on N1? Because it definitely wasn't AlphaJon's role block and the other main thing it could have been is Luka protecting me from being shot.

I must admit that it is suspicious that Luka didn't die during the night since he would be the obvious target. There's 2 reasons the Mafia may not have chosen him; first of all to make him look guilty, secondly to seem less predictable. But if Slabdrill does not flip scum then I do think we should maybe look more into Luka. But for now I think we should leave that accusation with yesterday.

Jkdrip's throat was slit. It could be that Maxi has given the vigilante a new style but to be honest I am willing to bet it was the work of a serial killer. Now this sparks 2 questions:
A) Why was there no SK kill on N1?
B) Does the SK have night kill immunity; if so is that what caused there to be no night kill from the Mafia N1?

I'm willing to bet one of the more quiet players are the SK since it would make sense for them to lay low. The lurker play style also seems to be a common theme amongst serial killers in past games that I have read over.

@AlphaJon: who was it that you role blocked?
@Luka: who did you protect last night?

This information may not be all the valuable but it would be nice to know since you have nothing to lose from sharing it.

@The cop (or variation of): Unless you have valuable information I strongly advise you not to role claim today, especially since we now know there are 2 threats to player's life each night. If you do role claim though, I'm hoping Luka will see you as top priority for protection tonight.

Here's my theory of what happened night 1 in order for there to be no kill:
The Mafia targeted the Serial Killer. However, the Serial Killer is immune to being shot at night and as a result their kill attempt was not successful.
The Serial Killer targeted me. However, Luka protected me which prevented me from dying. I think most of us agreed that I was an unlikely target for the Mafia so a Serial Killer wishing to silence me makes a lot more sense.

So if my theory is true, it means the Mafia knows who the Serial Killer is: the person they tried to kill N1.
@Mafia could you maybe try to avenge your fallen Mafioso and help us lynch the Serial Killer today? Thanks. Besides, you need to lynch them at some point since you probably can't night kill them; it may as well be today.

I'm interested to hear other people's theories of what happened. I encourage that we lynch Slabdrill today since he is most connected with Jkdrip. If you want me to post why I think that then feel free to ask but I feel that most people are sceptical of him anyway.

@Slabdrill: You better start forming a defence and actually contribute your own ideas to the town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#86 2017-08-14 21:48:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

Why the **** was jawapa lynched. Also the role card has more than 1 word on it, you could have defined the 10th or the 20th or whateverth word instead of the last. Are you dumb?
Now you can't of course, since everyone knows the role card.

I think everyone has agreed to stop using rolecard wording as evidence since it's kinda cheaty. Also Jawapa was lynched because of the feud between myself and Luka vs him. It's unfortunate that it didn't end up in the most optimum way but we can't exactly change that. Jkdrip also played a part in Jawapa's lynch so there was definitely some manipulation from the Mafia there. But then again, I was so against Jawapa that I guess I was an easy target to manipulate to further the push on him.

Processor wrote:

I understand that Devlin is the most vocal member of our town but why would any scum want to kill him when they know he is a citizen. Why was devlin protected, why was devlin attacked? So dumb...

Luka protected me because I was the main person protecting him from the RNG wagon. I guess he was grateful for that. And we have to consider that it was possibly the SK that attacked me on N1 rather than the Mafia since their was no kill from either of those factions that night.

Processor wrote:

Are you really suggesting that JaWapa would post here if he got his own name from the RNG generator? Would he really push for lynching himself?

Every "supposedly" RNG that does not require immutable input from multiple players is rigged.

Fair enough. I was mainly suggesting that Jawapa didn't have Luka as a executioner target and rigged the RNG to target specifically Luka but I guess you're right in saying all RNG's are rigged as no player would post the results if they were them self. 

Processor wrote:

It was very dumb of JaWapa to lynch himself and deny town time to talk on a **** saturday, the forums most active day of the week.

I don't think it's fair to blame the dead for their own demise. I was the main pushing force behind Jawapa's lynch so I am the main one to blame for his death. I doubt we would have achieved much in that extra time since there was too much squabbling. That situation is defused now unless anyone wants to bring it up again.

Processor wrote:

I'll believe Luka to be a doctor, since no one counterclaimed.

Why did devlin question Lukas role if he knew he was town? Idk where it happened but I assume it happened here on the forums and the post was deleted or something.
That's a very anti-town thing to do.

I believed he was town but I was slightly distrustful that he was a doctor when he role claimed as I believed it was probably a ploy to get out of a lynch. I now fully believe Luka is town and I owe him my life.

@Proc idk why but I feel like your last few posts have a bit of an angry tone, what gives? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into the swearing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#87 2017-08-14 21:54:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Yes AlphaJon. We have nothing to lose from you telling us who you role blocked so you might as well tell us the information as soon as possible.

Also you bring up a good point about Jawapa potentially having a power that was not listed on his role card. If there is a Medium in this game, perhaps you could talk to Jawapa's sould and see what he knows about his body being missing?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#88 2017-08-14 22:13:18

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AlphaJon wrote:

It was Onjit.

Okay this confirms that Onjit is 100% not the Serial Killer otherwise Jkdrip would not be dead. There is still a chance they could be Mafia if Jkdrip performed the night kill but that seems unlikely at this point.

I'm willing to declare Onjit officially confirmed Townie based on this information.

@AlphaJon may I ask why you decided to role block Onjit? I never really saw him as a suspicious player so I would like to know your reasoning behind it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#89 2017-08-14 22:46:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AlphaJon wrote:

Note that if there is a serial killer, may be immune to roleblocks by nature of the rolecard.

I have never seen this occur in any EE forum games so I doubt this is the case. I think it is unlikely that Onjit could be anything but town. Also fair enough on your reason for blocking him.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#90 2017-08-14 22:58:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

Afterwards townsfolk proceeded to bury these two at the graveyard and that is when they saw that MrJaWapa's grave has been robbed and their body is missing!!

Can somebody who plays mafia explain what this normally means? He is also crossed off in the graveyard of the second post.

After reading over all the Mafia games on EE, even browsing the internet for different variations of Mafia and the roles includes, I did not find a single role or thing that allows a body to leave or be removed from the grave when I majorly researched Mafia roles a few weeks ago.

Unless of course that's the message we receive when someone is resurrected? I know there is a role that can bring players back from to dead so perhaps they are present in this game?

In which case @Jawapa, are you actually alive and able to comment at any moment?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#91 2017-08-14 23:05:41

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

I don't think jawapa is alive because they're not on the alive list of op.

Just going to casually ignore the 2 votes on you already? No mention of the accusations thrown against you at all... do you even care?

And he isn't in the dead list either. So if he is not alive or dead where could he be? If the whole purpose of being ambiguous about his body being missing from his grave is to confuse us about his state of being, then I doubt Maxi would ruin that by clearly labelling him as alive. There is still every chance Jawapa could be alive if that truly is how the resurrection power works.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#92 2017-08-15 00:25:12

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

oh hey by the way

something to consider in the "why didn't {X} happen n1"

gosha was banned over that span

So you think Gosha might be the SK? Because I think that is definitely a possibility.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#93 2017-08-15 00:34:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

A worrying thought just occurred to me. If we eliminate all the Mafia does the SK take over the town? If so the SK should be top priority because that would mean if we lynch the final Mafia member we ironically lose...

!Unvote

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#94 2017-08-15 08:07:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny wrote:
Devlin wrote:

A worrying thought just occurred to me. If we eliminate all the Mafia does the SK take over the town? If so the SK should be top priority because that would mean if we lynch the final Mafia member we ironically lose...

!Unvote

How would that make any sense? If we still have people to vote for lynches during the day then the game shouldn't end.

Nvm, I looked back over my sources of information where I study the different roles and I found no variation of the SK that can do that. I was getting the SK confused with an uncommon variation of the witch which is almost never used. I don't think we have to worry about lynching the last Mafia and losing.

!Vote Slabdrill

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#95 2017-08-15 11:21:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

also whats the point of d1 lynches anyway everyone knows they dont lead to anything

Was against a D1 lynch which would negatively impact town. Jkdrip also supported this idea.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote luka

i dont like rng lynching but how else is town gonna win

If you don't like RNG lynches the why would you follow one? The second half of the statement suggests that you will just blindly follow any wagon just for the sake of lynching people which I personally consider a scummy thing to do.

Slabdrill wrote:

i want to get a lynch down because it lowers the chance of mafia killing everyone. if evilbunny ends up with more votes with luka i'll switch to them.

This further develops my point that Slabdrill seems to just want a lynch for the sake of a lynch. Lynching so carelessly like this would only benefit scum and not Mafia.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote devlin

not sure who else to pick im following jkdrip's logic

Here Slabdrill blindly follows Jkdrip who we know to be Mafia. Slabdrill doesn't give any justification for the vote himself other than that Jkdrip came up with the idea. This strikes me as suspicious.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote processor

they havent posted yet that makes them a potential suspect

I believe this is the only idea Slabdrill has put across himself. But let's be honest here, not posting by itself is not the most scum like action. Being erratic with your vote however is.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote luka
more votes on one person = lower chance i get lynch

Again with the erratic voting. But notice Slabdrill's motive for the vote? He has no intention of helping the town... he doesn't care whether Luka is mafia or not nor does he justify his vote with the RNG. His vote is purely for his own gain.

Slabdrill wrote:

i wouldnt vote if it werent for the fact that im getting quite close to tying for 1st (i dont care if someone gets lynched or not even if its probably a good idea)

Again, Slabdrill states he does not have the town's interests at heart when he decides who to vote for. He is only voting for his own benefit.

Slabdrill wrote:

!vote jawapa

i mightve missed a few posts but ive read most of whats being said, and i agree that seeing jawapa's role would be beneficial to discovering the others.

Slabdrill wrote:

I'm not too sure if jawa is mafia (i'm inclined to think they arent; hard to tell with how much people lie) but i'm willing to take the risk to have some confirmed roles

Again with the vote changed and even then Slabdrill is still uncertain of himself. Now you might not realise it from these quotes but Slabdrill is actually indirectly following Jkdrip's ideas here. If you look back through the thread you will see that it was Jkdrip who first suggested the idea of lynching Jawapa for information:

jkdrip wrote:

The last time I gave out my list of suspects I didn't include you, but that was because I thought you were confirmed by the role card. That is no longer the case. It's still a toss-up between you and Luka actually being mafia imo, but lynching you gives more information pertaining to why nobody was night killed, as well as not risking our doctor(???).

I then greatly elaborated on this idea but ultimately it was one of Jkdrip's. So in some sense Slabdrill is following Jkdrip here.

Slabdrill wrote:

@alphajon: the reason im not saying much is because i just dont have much to say. having occasional posts is better than not posting at all which is why im doing it. it doesnt help that i only check this thread every once in a while and its easy to forget stuff from a long time ago to counter people's points.

I think Slabdrill makes it clear here that he just doesn't care which is definitely a scum move.

jkdrip wrote:

Humz, Diff, EB, Luka (post-d1), Alpha?, Onjit, and Proc could all post more yeh

Why didn't jkdrip mention Slabdrill here? He was / still is also fairly inactive. Much less active than everyone mentioned on that list except proc (but at least what little proc does say actually contributes a small bit). I find it rather odd that jkdrip would not include Slabdrill on this list of people who could all post more. It's almost as if he didn't want to draw attention to Slabdrill?

jkdrip wrote:

Is there more reason to vote for slab other than "he just votes?"

jkdrip defending Slabdrill. I agree that if that was the only reason then there would be no basis to vote for him but jkdrip was the only one who cared enough to say it.

jkdrip wrote:

Let's save the inactives for later.
Proc's behaviour still worries me, though.

States we shouldn't go after the inactives (referring to the mounting pressure on Slabdrill) but then states that we should think about proc who is an inactive... I feel this comment was to just try and push pressure away from Slabdrill.

So basically this is a summary of Slabdrill:
1. Erratic random voting, seemingly just for the sake of a lynch.
2. Barely ever comments, and when he does he doesn't really contribute anything.
3. Small links with jkdrip.
4. Just straight up doesn't care and doesn't have the town's best interests at heart.

To be honest though lynching Slabdrill wouldn't be much of a loss if he flips town. He doesn't care and he doesn't contribute and he isn't active, that doesn't sound like much of a loss to me. The risk in lynching Slabdrill is defintely worth it.

Also I think I just found the reason the Mafia may have targeted me if they did so:

AnatolyEE wrote:
Devlin wrote:

IF the Mafia did attempt to kill me then we have to ask ourselves why?

It looks like RNG. I'm not sure, but RNG would be best explanation.

Or maybe AnatolyEE was just trying to throw us off the scent of any meaning behind my potential attack? I suggested that perhaps there was an attempt on my life in order to silence me. This would make sense in my opinion since one of my early theories was that Slabdrill and Jkdrip were working together. AnatolyEE may have been trying to steer us away from that thought. I kinda doubt this though, AnatolyEE doesn't strike me as someone who would be smart enough to think like that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#96 2017-08-15 13:31:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Gosha wrote:

anyway
i am going to stick to my plan
!vote proc

Why? What makes you so sure proc is scum?

Please tell us your reasoning in detail and supply evidence if you can.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#97 2017-08-15 15:19:50

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

I guess I can say that my list of suspects is Slabdrill and then Processor/Gosha. I feel like it is either proc or gosha that is the serial killer.

^^ They are exactly my thoughts. Though as things stand I'd prefer to lynch Gosha before proc as Gosha is more ambiguous in his words and has contributed much less than proc.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#98 2017-08-15 16:28:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Gosha wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

I think you should tell us whether you are in favor of voting for slabdrill or against it.

tbh i didn't follow i didn't follow slabdrill's story so i don't have much evidence to lynch him
but i have suspicion in proc (source)

So the only reason you have to be suspicious of him is because he is quiet when he is usually more active?!? That's a very poor reason in my opinion. If you had other stuff to support it then yeah maybe but by itself you're not going to convince anyone.

There are several reasons proc could be laying low. Perhaps he has a power roles and doesn't want to speak up so that he doesn't become a target to the Mafia? Or maybe he's just busy? I'm surprised he was even in this game tbh because I thought he quit EE.

Gosha wrote:

I have a town-related role. I tried to protect Jawapa from being killed because i was sure he is a town. Would a SK do that?

A town-related role? Did you just claim you have a power role?

Gosha wrote:

"There was no kill 1st day and i was banned at that time"
Just like Maxi said, people only can't vote, but can do their night actions. So killing no-one in my case would only make me more suspicous. (just like now)
it wouldn't make sense

I'm not sure if it's just the way you type but the way I read it sounds like you have the option to kill...? Are you a vigilante?

Gosha wrote:

i'm sticking to the plan to lynch proc unless you tell me why i should lynch slab ( don'y want to read the whole thread)

This is my reasoning for lynching Slabdrill. If you only read one thing about him then read this if you haven't already:
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 18#p673218

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#99 2017-08-15 16:30:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Overall @Gosha I just generally feel like you know something that you aren't telling us; I've been feeling that since before your last post.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#100 2017-08-15 19:36:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

I am going to dial back my town read on devlin though. If I understand correctly, devlin knew about lukas role but not the other way around. So we cannot refer Devlin's role from the incident.

Processor wrote:

Why did devlin question Lukas role if he knew he was town? Idk where it happened but I assume it happened here on the forums and the post was deleted or something.

Did I miss something or did you never answer my question.

You missed something:

Devlin wrote:
Processor wrote:

I'll believe Luka to be a doctor, since no one counterclaimed.

I believed he was town but I was slightly distrustful that he was a doctor when he role claimed as I believed it was probably a ploy to get out of a lynch. I now fully believe Luka is town and I owe him my life.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer