Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-08 15:08:29, last edited by TaskManager (2017-08-19 01:41:30)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

Welcome to the Mafia 13!

The sign up thread can be found here.

This is a closed setup.
The rolecards that have been found by the Town on the bodies of dead people will be listed in the 2nd post of the thread.

Please read the rules thanks

General Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

Roles have been sent out.

The sun rises above the Town and the Day 1 begins! This is a short day and will last 24 hours. You can lynch during this day. 7 votes needed for majority.
The day will end on August 9th, 22:00 UTC or when a majority has been reached.

Current UTC time can be seen here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#2 2017-08-09 17:32:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 13 game [TOWN WINS!]

omg guys just stop with the RNG votes will you? RNG is not helpful in any way because it is the perfect defence. If luka comes up as townie then everyone will just be like "oh we only followed the RNG, not our fault, sucks to be him". RNG votes get us no where because they provide us with no information other than the people following it are idiots.

By voting for people not through RNG it creates tension and suspicion as well as sparks discussion. Discussion and accusations is what we need because at least that way we can learn things. The way people attack others and the way people defend themselves tells us things. But with an RNG there is nothing we can learn from the attack and defence. Lynching Luka is definitely a bad option at this point in my opinion and I'd be willing to consider anyone who does so as scum.

Based on what I have said above these are my reads:

Gosha - Has already been hammered by a ban hammer so let's not have him hammered in the vote today.
MrJaWapa - Started the RNG mess so slightly leaning scum but I think his actions may have had town intent.
hummerz5 - Their general attitude seems different to previous games so I'm saying meta as a role other than vanilla townie but realistically probably townie.
Different55 - Leaning towards scum due to hypocrisy / flawed logic. I have a derp feeling he's vanilla townie though.
jkdrip - Behaviour seems noobish but shows understanding of the game, it's roles and how it works. Reminds me of myself in my first game but just not as aggressive / talking as much. Town.
Slabdrill - Can't really tell since they haven't said much but due to their vote on Luka I am leaning towards scum.
luka504 - Victim of the RNG, can't really defend themselves against that. Due to this I consider them town until they actually do something wrong and not just be unlucky.
Evilbunny - Can't really tell from 1 post that includes a typical day 1 joke.
AlphaJon - Noob. Noobs are almost always town.
Onjit - Doesn't seem to want a D1 lynch. D1 lynches are in the best interest of the town so this thought is a thought against the town (scum) but is understandable so hence I can't really make a judgement.
AnatolyEE - Noob that seems to be trying and want to contribute; that's indicative of town in my opinion.
Processor - Wake up. (obviously can't really tell since they have said nothing).

Devlin - Can't really tell since they are yet to comment oh now they have

Maxi - I still think this kid is scum from the first game I played.

If anyone wants to justify my thoughts against individuals feel free to ask. My basic conclusion from this is don't vote Luka just because a stupid RNG said so.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2017-08-09 17:48:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Ugh I'm guessing no one is going to listen to my warning against RNG?

Welp

!vote Evilbunny

Everyone who votes for Luka I currently consider as a scum action. Also Evilbunny already has a vote and they seem more suspicious to me than jkdrip due to their lack of contribution. Furthermore the 5th vote out of 7 is a fairly comfortable vote number to be as a Mafia member since you cannot be blamed for starting the wagon nor can you be directly responsible for a potential hammer; Evilbunny is probably smart enough to know that.

AlphaJon wrote:

My bad then, I misread.

I still feel like following the crowd for the first day, because I have no clue who to actually lynch, so if people are against you, I'll vote against you too. That applies for everyone, in the case people start switching votes.

Please side with me in the vote against Evilbunny; based on what I have said it is a much more reasonable vote than an RNG.

Also @Luka I'm hoping this is going to be a you or Evilbunny vote so I guess that means you gotta side with me.

Also @Jawapa if you don't side with me here I'm going to be very disappointed.

@Evilbunny I look forward to you defending yourself here (if you choose to at all).

Finally @everyone else, if you disagree with RNG votes then vote for Evilbunny. It really isn't too late to get a better candidate than a RNG aka luck vote.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2017-08-09 17:51:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

omg guys just stop with the RNG votes will you? RNG is not helpful in any way because it is the perfect defence. If luka comes up as townie then everyone will just be like "oh we only followed the RNG, not our fault, sucks to be him". RNG votes get us no where because they provide us with no information other than the people following it are idiots.

It's D1, there's actually nothing to go on. Discussing nothing easily leads to being manipulated by scum. No discussion = no manipulation. We can discuss tomorrow, for now let's play russian roulette.

Okay what then? If we listened to RNG then tomorrow the only thing we'd have is 2 dead players. Where's the discussion in that? The only way we'd be able to advance from that point is if a PR role claims and tells us some information which almost never happens.

RNG votes are almost as bad as a no lynch when you consider the maths behind each.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2017-08-09 17:54:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka un vote for yourself and vote Evilbunny ffs. Voting for yourself never helps you are ruining the town here.

Also diff the RNG or non RNG would not have mattered for you either way last game since your goal was to kill everyone.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2017-08-09 17:56:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill since you unvoted Luka can you at least put your vote on Evilbunny if only for now; just to give people another option if they feel like it instead of feeling hopeless about anyone else getting lynched.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2017-08-09 18:15:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:

The biggest reason everyone's voting for Luka is because we want a d1 lynch and don't know who else to pick.

That's why I've just put forth another candidate. In my opinion anyone is better than a RNG picked candidate since there is little motive to the wagon.

Also am I the only one that thinks that "well there's not other candidate so there's no point in trying" attitude is toxic for the town? Correct me if I am wrong but is it not this way of think that meant Kubapolish was almost not lynched in the discord game? It's only because people starting discussing another target to the front runners that we managed to lynched a Mafia and win the game shortly after.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#8 2017-08-09 18:20:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Thank you Slabdrill. Jkdrip are you also going to vote for me now? Because I think you should. Obviously I would also think voting for myself is a mistake but at least get some options here. Any vote, other than a no lynch, is a better vote than a no lynch in my opinion. I'd prefer it not to be myself though but at least get some discussion going.

Also just saying this scumness you see in me is just me playing aggressive. The only way I would be scum right now is if Luka is scum and I don't think anyone thinks Luka is actually scum right? You are just voting for him because of the RNG. Hence if he is town then so am I and if he is scum then yes it is fair to assume I am scum.

So make up your mind. Do you genuinely believe Luka is scum or are you / did you just vote for him because of the RNG?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#9 2017-08-09 18:37:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Evilbunny to clarify there was no Mafia last game. Diff was a serial killer.

Also

jkdrip wrote:

I don't think it was ever said that anybody voting for Luka actually thought he was scum.

Then why are you voting for me? If Luka is not scum then me defending him is perfectly valid... you're voting against me because I am defending someone you think is town? what?!?!

Evilbunny wrote:

Devlin trying to turn the votes against me. He might be town and is just trying to help

You just outlined EXACTLY what I am doing, so why are you voting for me now? Personally I don't think you are Mafia but right now I feel like you would be a better candidate than someone chosen 100% at random, especially since the person the RNG chose just claimed doctor. However, I am doubtful of Luka's claim. I'm not sure if he is currently doing a clever trick to prevent himself from getting lynched or he genuinely has rage quit...

I hope that Luka is not the doctor and does not get voted for because it means that we do not lynch someone I strongly believe is town and if he doesn't get shot at night it means we don't lose the doctor.

If he genuinely is and he has just rage quit then: Luka why? just why? This kind of thing is what the game is about. I would have thought someone like you could deal with this unfair bias? Don't rage quit it's pointless.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2017-08-09 18:38:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay Luka is voting Evilbunny now? Maybe he hasn't given up. I certainly hope so.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#11 2017-08-09 18:41:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

That said I'm less comfy voting for Luka after his suicide attempt. Last time someone did that they turned out to be town.

Even more uncomfy voting for EB though. Going after him solely for voting order seems like a poor excuse.

Who should we vote for then? Go back and scan through the posts and pick a target. It is never too late to vote for someone different.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#12 2017-08-09 18:44:09

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

FFs Luka.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2017-08-09 19:27:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different my point is that we shouldn't be picking people based on an RNG. Every single person that gets picked that way I will defend, both in this game and future ones.

RNG's give us no information, nothing to work with. It's better for people to randomly accuse. So what if the Mafia have the chance to lead us in the wrong direction? You can state that when they do. It gives us more to talk about. You would not fall for a Mafia taking charge and nor would most people, myself included. We can each form our own opinions but there is nothing to form an opinion on if we all just listened to the RNG.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#14 2017-08-09 20:08:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

So the basic options right now are myself, Luka and Evilbunny. All of which I mostly think are town. I'm most comfortable with lynching Evilbunny but I still feel he is town :/ But then again D1 lynches are never in full confidence.

It still isn't too late to bring in a fourth more scummy candidate if there is once but for now I am leaving my vote on Evilbunny (no hard feelings to ya).

I would also like to just point out I still don't think we should lynch Luka since if he is the doctor then he is valuable to both us and the Mafia. If he remains alive then he is valuable because of his role but he may also take a bullet tonight which is good for the rest of the town as well since there is no chance of any other townies dying. The mafia killing luka would be good since he has pretty much quit anyway and if there is any other town protective roles then they know who to protect to avoid a Mafia kill //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink But since I've just told everyone that the Mafia may know to avoid it now which is also great since hey will still have our doctor and hopefully luka will protect someone when he realises he isn't out of the game due to bs.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#15 2017-08-09 20:27:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AlphaJon wrote:

Tbh I don't trust Luka's claim at all, it really feels like he did it to get some vote pressure off himself. That said, I don't see a reason to vote him right now, and I am currently willing to vote Devlin when the need to arises (probably close to lynch)
Don't be surprised if I hammer.

Just so you know I am 4 votes away from a majority. Luka and Evilbunny and both 5 votes away. As things stand it is very likely this will go to a no lynch but I'm hoping it won't come to that.

I encourage EVERYONE to use however much time we have left to finalise whether they are voting for Luka, me or Evilbunny just as long is it isn't me :O

(Like just saying the only thing you have against me is that I am heavily defending Luka but since you think Luka isn't mafia and just chosen by RNG I can't be mafia either otherwise I would have let him die earlier when I had the chance).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#16 2017-08-09 20:33:50

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

!vote flying spaghetti monster

But in all seriousness we have 2 hours and a half...

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#17 2017-08-09 20:40:19

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

whoever we vote for is going to turn out to be town aren't they

Yup

Different55 wrote:

!vote Devlin

Great. I'm at L-3. Such fun. At L-2 I'm going to have to role claim :/

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2017-08-09 20:59:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

Since he'll role claim

!vote devlin

ffs

I claim vanilla townie.

Because it's what I am.

And I have a voice.

That will be lost.

If you lynch me.

I'm desperate now.

Please don't kill me.

I'm begging for my life here.

Because I'm at L-2.

Because I'm desperate now, and I know it's strategical not to and doing so may harm the town, I'm going to be selfish here and vote for Luka just because he is the only person I can see getting lynched to save myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad sorry Luka.

!vote Luka

I'm probably still going to die anyway.

So if I reach L-1 I will appreciate it if no one hammers me until I have written my version of a final will which I usually write when I am almost certain I am about to die like I did in my first game.

After that feel free to hammer me because at least my final thought will be out. If anyone hammers me before I post my final thought then lynch them tomorrow please because they are clearly scum since the town can only gain from my final words rather than lose anything. If I am town then my final words have meaning, if I am scum then just ignore them lol. Just let me say them. If I take too long to write them then obviously yeah lynch me before time runs out.

But just so you know, whilst I am prepared to die, I am not going to vote myself because that is still harmful the town.

I will try to help this down up until my last breath leaves my body as a rope tightens around my neck.

Of course this comment will look really stupid now if I don't get another vote kek.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#19 2017-08-09 21:03:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AlphaJon if you are going to vote for me you had better do it now so that I can write my final thoughts before going to bed :/

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#20 2017-08-09 21:13:52

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

AlphaJon wrote:
Devlin wrote:

AlphaJon if you are going to vote for me you had better do it now so that I can write my final thoughts before going to bed :/

Do it now then because I'll be the one to hammer if you go L-1

But I'm not going to be at L-1 unless you vote. And I'm not posting my final thoughts unless I am at L-1. If I do get to L-1 without you voting please wait until I post my final thoughts. If you don't then you will be directly responsible for the town not seeing that information and hence considered almost definitely scum. No one has any reason to silence my last thoughts unless they have something to hide that I may have spotted.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#21 2017-08-09 21:21:46

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

You're allegedly a vanilla townie, why would you have anything that anyone wanted to hide.

Am I the only one that considers the thoughts and opinions of people as valuable? Surely the thoughts and opinions of a confirmed townie (which I will be when I die) are something to listen to? If anything it will give you something to think about tomorrow. Since I am most likely not going to be in tomorrow's discussion I at least want to contribute to it with my current thoughts. My words may still be able to help the town from beyond the dead. (also if there is a medium here then please talk to me sometimes ily <3)

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#22 2017-08-09 21:26:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I will post these thoughts tomorrow if I live but there isn't enough time to act on them today. It is probably in the town's best interest to lynch me now and the more I think about it the more my death will benefit the town. Even though it is technically a mistake, it's the best option the town has right now. As a result I may or may not hammer myself, I'm still deciding. But if I don't get to L-1 I will make no actions, this includes both posting my thoughts or voting for myself. Voting for yourself just doesn't seem right to me though.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#23 2017-08-09 21:29:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Well you clearly don't over analyse every single small and slight detail then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I don't exactly get what you're trying to say or prove here. Do you not want me to post my final thoughts? Do you not care if someone hammers me before I can? Are you saying even if I do what I have to say will mean nothing?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#24 2017-08-09 21:37:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm not bargaining for my life. When I saw proc commented I was like "i hope he voted for me so I can post my thoughts". It is strategically advantageous to lynch me at this point. The reason I am waiting for L-1 is at that point, with the promise of giving final help to the town before I die, if anyone hammers me just before I die then they are a confirmed scum target giving you someone to lynch for the next day. Even if the information I give is useless the fact that someone would try to silence that would make them highly suspicious.

Also proc I will answer your question in a min

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#25 2017-08-09 21:40:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

A message from google: completely remove or get rid of

Also proc confirming myself as townie at this point is useless. The only proper way to do so is through death. Besides, who else is there to vote for at this point?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

AlphaJon1503166035673891

Board footer