Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-22 23:45:23

Onjit
Website

Mafia 12

General Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

:.|:;

#2 2017-07-23 04:10:22

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 12

Guys it's been like 3 minutes and there's already like 40 posts to read how am I supposed to keep up with this

also whether or not we lynch d1 how are we supposed to pick. might as well roll some dice to decide if and who. that's some control. but you also got a point that I think I might have said myself once that we absolutely can't just sit around waiting for mafia to accidentally fall into our lap here so

who wants to be the one to roll the dice?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 2017-07-23 13:45:42

Different55
Forum Admin

high quality d1 discussion.

- ShinsukeIto

#4 2017-07-23 15:41:22

Different55
Forum Admin

MrJaWapa wrote:

RNG has spoken.

!vote zumza

but seriously 9 hours left and we have a tie between gosha and jawapa as far as votes go, we should pick one or the other and go after them.

Alternatively, we could do literally anything else. Just picking the biggest bandwagon would make it easy for the mafia to push a townlynch on d1 for a free kill so I'm sticking with zumza as allegedly chosen fairly by RNGesus.

- ShinsukeIto

#5 2017-07-23 16:38:41

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I'm sticking with zumza as allegedly chosen fairly by RNGesus.

This subjective fairness isn't at all pleasant for me. I really don't like jumping towards others so fast. On the same page, thats why I'll also !unvote Gosha to restore the L-3 vote count on him.

literally all I got rn. Do you want me to keep rolling dice until it comes up with someone who's okay with dying?

- ShinsukeIto

#6 2017-07-23 17:27:47

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

!vote zumza

I'm not a fan of you preferring a useless lynch over a decent one. I do not see how lynching Zumza is any better that Gosha.

Don't like people pushing random people for dumb reasons. Would prefer no reason over dumb reasons tbh.

Different55 wrote:

Just picking the biggest bandwagon would make it easy for the mafia to push a townlynch on d1 for a free kill

- ShinsukeIto

#7 2017-07-23 17:42:19

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:

I dislike how Diff hid under the blanket of RNG to justify not voting Gosha

It's the only option I like enough to not be manipulated. Nobody has anything to go on. It'd be easy for maf to say "hey let's just pick someone random because literally what else are we going to do? okay so let's all vote for <known citizen>" and bam free kill. or we could roll the dice ourselves instead of pointing fingers at (allegedly) random. Sounds like a better idea to me.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 2017-07-23 19:02:41

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:

@Diff

Are you directly implying that Proc push on Gosha is scum motivated?

No. It's a possibility though. Taking any "random" pick from another player leaves you open to being manipulated.

Are you implying that JaWapa is somehow a confirmed townie and he is the one who made the true dice roll?

No. But since JaWapa provided a gif of the random selection process I trust that marginally more than Proc just calling out "hey let's lynch X because lol amirite"

Zumza wrote:

I struggle to understand your reasons. You would prefer a no reason to a dumb reason while on the same note you're saying that we shouldn't follow the biggest bandwagons made by mafia which aim a free kill. So what is the difference for the mafia in the end between this two?

D1 we have nothing to go on. That'd make it easy for mafia to push a vote for a townie. We'd all write it off as "eh, made a bad choice" and they just get a guaranteed free kill with no risk to themselves.

Contrast that with picking someone at random. Odds are, we still lynch a townie anyway. But at least now there's a chance that our random pick is actually scum and we're much less likely to get manipulated.

Is it possible that JaWapa manipulated his random selection gif? Very much so. But I like those odds better than one person calling out "let's lynch X."

- ShinsukeIto

#9 2017-07-23 19:34:53

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:

What makes you so sure that Gosha is town? What do you think of Gosha's replies? What makes you so sure that JaWapa is not manipulating us but I am?

I don't have the first clue what Gosha, JaWapa, or you are. But I like my odds best going after Zumza. If JaWapa's manipulating me he's at least putting some effort into it where you're just saying things like

Processor wrote:

Are you really going to ignore all the scum signs and just not lynch Gosha

when you're not going into any detail despite (I think) Maxi and hummerz asking you to multiple times. You have nothing and you're trying to make it seem like you have everything despite being full of nothing but hot air so far.

- ShinsukeIto

#10 2017-07-25 17:33:14

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Why me lol

Ask Onjit why he made you mafia.

although this is a pretty obvious joke post so

- ShinsukeIto

#11 2017-07-25 18:54:57

Different55
Forum Admin

Only banned for a day, he'll be back before the mafia day even is half over.

Also I think enough has happened that we don't need to vote randomly, but I kind of already picked someone else at random just in case someone wants to vote randomly.

- ShinsukeIto

#12 2017-07-25 19:10:01

Different55
Forum Admin

idk people seem to be going after kira and I gotta say I don't particularly like the way kira's acting but I also don't like the way Rhaz is (allegedly) ignoring his role card or someone else that I can't remember right now because I am phone but I'm hesitant to go after Rhaz because we always go after Rhaz but also I'm hesitant about going after kira because it's kind of weird how fast the bandwagon switched from you to him. Also kind of weird how quick the bandwagon around you started up. You don't seem very scummy to me tbh, but you do joke around quite a bit. More than I'd like personally. I'm not sure about Bimps or Smitty but they're a bit weird. I guess Bimps is just being Bimps.

- ShinsukeIto

#13 2017-07-25 19:12:54

Different55
Forum Admin

wow ninja'd

N1KF wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Also I think enough has happened that we don't need to vote randomly, but I kind of already picked someone else at random just in case someone wants to vote randomly.

Why should I trust you? All you've done this game is suggest we gamble our lives. You aren't helping us find the Mafia, unless you consider computer-generated decisions to be helping. You could be lying for all we know. So yeah, you've helped us even less than RhazhBash and Kira at this point and that's impressive.

I'm not really interested in going after people randomly anymore. Just brought it up again for fun. But on d1 you literally have no better option than rolling the dice. Better to have the dice rolled by a computer than to possibly have a maf pick someone at "random" for you.

- ShinsukeIto

#14 2017-07-26 16:50:44

Different55
Forum Admin

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

ITT Diff thinks all pushes are random.

Diff thinks D1 lynches should be random and any pushes against that might have an ulterior motive. Lynches after that have no reason to be random.

- ShinsukeIto

#15 2017-07-27 16:10:59

Different55
Forum Admin

Getting almost totally different read on maf here. I find you, Bimps, and Smitty to be the most suspicious. I can see why you're going after Proc, but why Zumza?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#16 2017-07-27 16:49:38

Different55
Forum Admin

TIL imperfect english skills = confirmed scum

- ShinsukeIto

#17 2017-07-27 21:10:38

Different55
Forum Admin

uuuugh fine I guess I could get behind Kira.

!vote Kira

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#18 2017-07-29 16:03:17

Different55
Forum Admin

D2 and we've got 2 lynched citizens, 2 murdered cops, and no dead scum. We're off to a fantastic start.

Kira wrote:

You're doing another mistake, go for it. I'll sacrifice myself to help town out.

!vote Kira

Onjit wrote:

6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

???

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Proc is a player I'd expect scum to want to lynch with the chance if he were Town instead of Kira.

You could say the same about yourself tbh considering you're usually dead by D2. I'm glad you're actually able to play for once but it is just a tad suspicious.

Zumza wrote:

If we don't succeed to lynch a mafia today or tomorrow(4th day of mafia), we will loose.
The pressure is big.

Worst case scenario, we live, we die, we live again. we lynch another townie tonight, lose another overnight. That leaves 7 players. Worst case scenario, another day, another 2 townies gone, that's 5 players and game over. We have 2 days and 3 guesses to get a maf member. It could be going better but we've got plenty of room to win.

- ShinsukeIto

#19 2017-07-29 22:47:19

Different55
Forum Admin

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

@Diff I haven't done jack **** this game. Why would scum need to kill me?

If 2 cops weren't dead already I'd say "you could be a cop who's laying low while you gather info." I guess you don't need to be a cop to gather info but hey. In any case, they'd lynch you for the same exact reason you threw at someone else:

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

Proc is a player I'd expect scum to want to lynch with the chance if he were Town instead of Kira.

You're a good player, so if you aren't scum then why hasn't scum taken care of you yet?

- ShinsukeIto

#20 2017-07-29 23:01:36

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Processor wrote:

Hm, I don't like that slip. Hummerz is either a PR or Scum at this point.

We've seen already 2 PR role-cards that include the legacy system. If we don't find anything better I think thats our best odds.

Possibly significant: the only two roles we've seen with that have both been cops.

Proc, you allegedly have (had?) a PR. Can you legacy?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#21 2017-07-31 00:05:32

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:

Can I what?

Can you this

Onjit wrote:

At any time, you can choose a player to give this role in the event that you die by using the command !legacy <name> (this can be done in the same night as another action). Be warned, if the target of your legacy already has a role when you die, your role will be lost forever. (Hint: you should !legacy a Citizen

Both murdered cops can do this. So is this a PR thing or just a cop thing? You allegedly have or at least had a PR so you seem to be in a position to answer this. Although if you're actually an executioner/vanishing role type thing then it'd be a bit weird to be able to !legacy like that even if it wasn't just a cop thing so maybe you're not the best person to ask.

Processor wrote:

Band wagoning more like banned wagoning.

☝(゚ヮ゚☝)

hummerz5 wrote:

I mean... am I wrong, or did everything get quiet?

That's what happens when half the players get banned and the other half get dead. Wouldn't be too terribly surprised if there was maf lurking in the guys that are staying silent trying to encourage a quiet day of inaction. Just in case anyone's forgetting who's playing (that happened a bit last game with Unau and someone else):

Onjit wrote:

hummerz5
processor
smittyw
different55
n1kf
jawapa
bimps
zumza
rhazzlefrazzle

Out of which I think I've actually seen everyone but N1KF post so that's not really a huge silent mob for maf to lurk in like I was expecting. Oh well. I guess I could get behind Rhaz if the day ended without anyone else but besides him being unusually full of life for this late in the game I don't have much reason to suspect him at all. He doesn't talk much.

MrJaWapa wrote:

To what?

Having the imminent threat of death lurking over their heads I guess.

- ShinsukeIto

#22 2017-07-31 12:01:21

Different55
Forum Admin

hummerz5 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

He doesn't talk much.

like, meta-game style? I guess I'm spending a lot of time comparing people to the status quo because evidently I don't know how to play well.

SO, is it wise to chip in at random with points that don't really reflect discussion at the time? Or, on the other end of the spectrum, is it wrong to always agree with bandwagons and the like? I would figure that these are both bad extremes.

uh idk he's just not talking a lot so it's hard to say anything one way or the other on him since he doesn't weigh in a lot on anything.

- ShinsukeIto

#23 2017-08-01 01:02:34

Different55
Forum Admin

Literally 6 people all with one vote right now we need to settle on someone. Going to go with the user I've found most suspicious.

except none of the users I find most suspicious actually have votes on them so in the interest of cooperation

!vote SmittyW

- ShinsukeIto

Onjit1501550592670577

Board footer