Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-11-30 20:30:06

Lictor666

Re: It's time for another physics update.

Emalton wrote:

EE's future

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#27 2017-11-30 21:34:32

peace

changing the jump is bad an dyes an effect would help better maby an effect wich acts like a half low gravoty effect where you don tjump higher

also i hat ethe way curse and zombie works sometimes when im lpaying with my friends and how th emovements work (sometimes one of us sees each other while other doesnt or someitmes i become curse/zombie while not being touched oon my screen orso) this can be fiaxed with new pysichs without breaking old worlds

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#28 2017-11-30 22:59:41

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

here to ninja tomahawk about grave digging

#29 2017-12-01 00:37:12

John

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

here to ninja tomahawk about grave digging

You must be an idiot if you think that I didn't know that I was grave digging this topic. (No offense, Mr. Minimod)

PW?scale=2

#30 2017-12-01 00:50:14, last edited by Different55 (2017-12-01 01:07:39)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

CONTENT WARNING: bee movie

#31 2017-12-01 02:43:01

John

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
CONTENT WARNING: bee movie

Ok that is awesome lol

So what do you think about new physics?

PW?scale=2

#32 2017-12-01 23:29:27, last edited by skullz17 (2017-12-02 12:18:22)

skullz17

No effect block, no checkbox, no update, just completely remake EE. Don't even call it EE. Just kill EE and make a new game with better physics, no mario/facebook graphics, a much nicer and consistent aesthetic, and of course a new engine. Also, make sure to keep user retention/growth in mind. Don't be quick to dismiss the freemium tropes like loot crates, daily rewards, achievements etc. They're popular because they are effective. I don't want to see that weird hipster mindset of "oh i care about the game not about the numbers". I also don't like that people dismiss non-sandbox elements in EE just because EE is a sandbox game (e.g. for some reason people thought the problem with mrshoe's levelling system was that it turned ee into an rpg, absolutely not the case). It just kills discussion and narrows your perspective. Also, competitiveness is a pretty good way to encourage investment (as in players investing time) and therefore user retention. It doesn't just exist in competitive games, it can exist in EE too, e.g. speedrunning, building contests, BUT a better competitive environment can be created even without contests. Implement a level library with offline and online worlds, complemented by a smarter rating system. Must be dynamic somehow (most likes in the last 7 days? decaying likes?). Feedback system to encourage improvement and further investment. Speedrunning should ideally be integrated within the game with in-game timers and leaderboards. Progression is nice for retention too, but it can be moved away from the energy shop to a levelling system. Players can unlock new action blocks by levelling up. This helps new players a little bit with learning the game by letting them play with each mechanic one by one. Cosmetic blocks should probably still be bought with energy/some currency.

Ok so i just rambled about a bunch of things i think are missing in EE. But I promise that this isn't just a spur of the moment opinion, I honestly have felt this way for a while. I think that the things I've talked about above relate to the base fundamental concepts of EE and how they can be refined. For example, level building and sharing your creations. I feel like there hasn't been much emphasis on improving this process, but I think something like a level library with a rating system and feedback system should help people feel more motivated to put time into it. Those things are more important than funky new mechanics that keep getting added. People will always make cool ****, even with the most simple tools available. That's why I think adding new blocks is secondary, not fundamental. Obviously they are still important, but only to keep the game fresh through regular updates. The fact that they are regular matters more than the content of the individual updates imo (e.g. I don't think it's wise to focus on one particular update and say that it killed the game). My ideas also relate to concepts that are generally important in a free to play model. For example, I think user retention should be a very big focus. We can do this by rewarding the player for investing their time - e.g. loot crate/magic coin equivalent, contests, rating system, featured worlds, campaign rewards, levelling system, achievements, competitiveness, etc. Again, this is really just fundamental to a f2p model imo. If you're not thinking about user retention, your game will just die.

anyway sorry for the slightly off topic ramble guys, later I might make a more comprehensive post about this kind of stuff with its own topic.

edit: forgot to mention, there are other paths EE could go down as level building isn't the only base concept in EE, though it's the one I focused on. We could also go pure sandbox and try to have something similar to gmod or minecraft, where they are driven pretty much entirely by the community, as it's the mods that really make them fun. It seems that bots could fill a similar purpose, and they have been fairly successful, but it hasn't been enough to keep EE afloat. I haven't thought about this much, since I pretty much just realised it now, so I can't be certain of the reason it hasn't worked out. It's probably because the programming community isn't big enough to be consistently bring out fun game modes. Also, the non-bot side of EE is already pretty good (unlike mc and gmod), so maybe the two sides of EE end up competing with each other for active users (builders in particular)? idk. Also I think some of these sandbox games have been aided by youtubers and streamers playing them a lot.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#33 2017-12-02 00:14:33

den3107

While I think a new physics engine would be great, I don't think it's good to just change it and ruin all levels.
A checkbox where you can keep the legacy physics won't work either:
Everybody just ticks the legacy physics because it's something they're familiar with and it's terrible to have to get used to two separate physics feelings.

Best suggest I could make in implementing new physics:
Unity EE. Make it separate from flash EE, level database included.
For sake of simplicity, maybe start over completely, with some sort of transferring method for shop items and levels (so you can change them in the new EE, if you feel like it).
You can't just start over completely, since people then won't be motivated to play the new EE, since they lost all their blocks and world are tedious to remake.

#34 2017-12-02 00:25:35

Xfrogman43

den3107 wrote:

maybe start over completely

den3107 wrote:

You can't just start over completely,

uh what

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (2)

#35 2017-12-02 12:39:48

skullz17

If EE is reborn as a whole new game, assuming it's done properly, that game does not care about the 100 people who will quit because they lost their items and levels. Even if flash EE stays up after the new game is released, I'm pretty sure the new game can easily overshadow flash EE and steal most of its playerbase, maybe attract players who quit EE a long time ago, and then grow further with a new playerbase. I just find the items and levels totally irrelevant, they are really meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Flash EE should die as a result of this game being released, which is exactly what I want to see. When you steal a game's playerbase, it's bad for the game because it will probably die, but you're doing the community a favour as they are switching game by choice. This is why I think we should all support the death of EE, yeah it sounds bad because we want to kill the game, but we also want to give the community a much better game to replace it.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#36 2017-12-02 16:33:15

Koto

Idk, I think it should keep the EE branding, bit I agree with your main points.  I think it'd be cool to be able to play or build on your phone as well.

Koto1512228795684964

Board footer