Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-07-09 19:19:03

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: The Future of Everybody Edits - My open application to join the staff

Firecrackericebreak wrote:

seems like you just want attention in the worlds pretty sure that is what most people want with their colored name

anyone that talks to a mod about this knows how annoying guest PM spam is

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#27 2017-07-09 21:24:12, last edited by Kira (2017-07-09 21:24:31)

Kira

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=26271

So you're planning to be a graphic designer with these graphics?

Can you show us more examples?

It's a good thing you want to become one, really. But do you have what it takes?

Wooted by:

#28 2017-07-09 22:00:38

Kentiya
Website

Kira wrote:

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=26271

So you're planning to be a graphic designer with these graphics?

Can you show us more examples?

It's a good thing you want to become one, really. But do you have what it takes?

I've actually been working on a new lobby/interface design today, I plan to release the first demo tomorrow. I'll be working on some smiley and block graphics this week.

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#29 2017-07-10 08:26:59

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Kentiya wrote:

As you are probably aware, TOOP has just resigned. Of the remaining admins — NVD, Jesse, Showpath, and Koya — NVD and Koya are rarely online, and they all hardly seem to get anything done. The team lacks transparency, despite NVD saying they are "looking forward to sharing our detailed plans in the upcoming weeks" 3 months ago. The game has less than 100 people online at a time, with that number gradually decreasing. As many have said, the game is dying.

This game has probably been the most significant game in my life. I first played Everybody Edits in September 2010. I was 12 years old when me and my brothers found this game. We were hooked by the magic of the game; the ability to build whatever we could imagine, to have other people play in our creations, and for us to play in theirs. Over time I saw the golden age of Everybody Edits in 2011, MrShoe's vacation, and the handing over to NVD and Nou. In the first real remake of EE, called "Blocking Blocks", I was even added to the staff to make graphics (though I barely started before that game died). I've been watching the game over these past couple of years slowly die, and with the latest staff resignations, I don't think this game will last more than a year if nothing is done. Which leads me to why I wrote this post:

I am officially applying to join the Everybody Edits development team as designer and artist. I've been toying with the idea on and off for over a year, but now I think it's time. I have the the design and graphics skills needed to fill TOOP's previous position. I have a vision of what this game could become. By the right people putting in enough effort, we can reverse the downward trend. I believe, that by joining the team, I can help make this game great again, to bring the magic back, and, hopefully, make Everybody Edits better than it has ever been before.

EDIT: Fixed minor things.

I have only seen Kentiya maybe 2 or 3 times in my entire EE life, but I have seen Kentiya on the forums for years now, and I checked the website and the graphics produced by Kentiya and they seem good, but I don't really know if you have the same qualifications as TOOP did, I understand that you said you have "similar skill levels" but how can you even prove it?
And how can you even prove that you can make the game better?
And how can you guarantee our satisfaction?
Because as of now with the new staff it is the same as it was previously, and that is a dying game, I wouldn't say "let the game die" because this is a game I quite enjoy playing whenever I can, but if we were to get a way to somehow guarantee a revival of EE then that is when new staff would be essential. As of now with no guarantee revival, a new staff member is somewhat pointless. But hey if you really believe you can make an impact on this game of 300 users then be my guest and Do It!

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2017-07-10 12:32:26

Prodigy

Kaleb wrote:
Kentiya wrote:

As you are probably aware, TOOP has just resigned. Of the remaining admins — NVD, Jesse, Showpath, and Koya — NVD and Koya are rarely online, and they all hardly seem to get anything done. The team lacks transparency, despite NVD saying they are "looking forward to sharing our detailed plans in the upcoming weeks" 3 months ago. The game has less than 100 people online at a time, with that number gradually decreasing. As many have said, the game is dying.

This game has probably been the most significant game in my life. I first played Everybody Edits in September 2010. I was 12 years old when me and my brothers found this game. We were hooked by the magic of the game; the ability to build whatever we could imagine, to have other people play in our creations, and for us to play in theirs. Over time I saw the golden age of Everybody Edits in 2011, MrShoe's vacation, and the handing over to NVD and Nou. In the first real remake of EE, called "Blocking Blocks", I was even added to the staff to make graphics (though I barely started before that game died). I've been watching the game over these past couple of years slowly die, and with the latest staff resignations, I don't think this game will last more than a year if nothing is done. Which leads me to why I wrote this post:

I am officially applying to join the Everybody Edits development team as designer and artist. I've been toying with the idea on and off for over a year, but now I think it's time. I have the the design and graphics skills needed to fill TOOP's previous position. I have a vision of what this game could become. By the right people putting in enough effort, we can reverse the downward trend. I believe, that by joining the team, I can help make this game great again, to bring the magic back, and, hopefully, make Everybody Edits better than it has ever been before.

blah, blah, blah... But hey if you really believe you can make an impact on this game of 300 users then be my guest and Do It!

Its less than 100 tyvm, back in my days it went up to 400

h0qIF0q.png

#31 2017-07-10 12:56:49

skullz17

Prodigy wrote:
Kaleb wrote:
Kentiya wrote:

blah, blah, blah... But hey if you really believe you can make an impact on this game of 300 users then be my guest and Do It!

Its less than 100 tyvm, back in my days it went up to 400

It's definitely not less than 100. You're thinking of the number of players in the lobby at once.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (5)
skullz171499687809667150

Board footer