Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-16 17:06:44, last edited by Myst (2017-05-16 17:07:29)

Myst

the worstest thing is coming soon and will ruin Windows 10

ewwwwwwww

#2 2017-05-16 17:14:31

capasha

Re: the worstest thing is coming soon and will ruin Windows 10

I would say the same to Windows 10.

#3 2017-05-16 17:17:16

LukeM
Website

capasha wrote:

Whats wrong with windows 10?
IMO its pretty much windows 8 but with all the bad features replaced with new / the old windows 7 features

#4 2017-05-16 17:37:59

Gosha

it's obviously fake lol

#5 2017-05-16 17:53:08

capasha

destroyer123 wrote:
capasha wrote:

Whats wrong with windows 10?
IMO its pretty much windows 8 but with all the bad features replaced with new / the old windows 7 features

You have no privacy when using Windows 10. I'm sure you don't have it on earlier Windows version either. But Windows 10 have so much they log.

#6 2017-05-16 18:23:07

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

http://imgur.com/j0yAt45

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#7 2017-05-17 03:59:37

Different55
Forum Admin

The thing to ruin W10 was W10.

destroyer123 wrote:

It's pretty much W8.1 but with less color, more blur, fewer animations, forced upgrades ready or not here we come screw you and everything you have open, frankly disgusting amounts of advertising built into the thing at an Operating System level (Seriously this is an Operating System that costs $100, not some half-baked freeware app that you pay $0.99 to remove the ads from), and tracking that makes it seem like they're competing with the NSA.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#8 2017-05-17 08:10:12, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-17 08:11:43)

LukeM
Website

Different55 wrote:

The thing to ruin W10 was W10.

destroyer123 wrote:

It's pretty much W8.1 but with less color, more blur, fewer animations, forced upgrades ready or not here we come screw you and everything you have open, frankly disgusting amounts of advertising built into the thing at an Operating System level (Seriously this is an Operating System that costs $100, not some half-baked freeware app that you pay $0.99 to remove the ads from), and tracking that makes it seem like they're competing with the NSA.

I've never had it start an update while I'm doing something, they give you plenty of warning (a few popups before it happens) where you can change the time) you can also completely turn off the scheduled update so it just updates when you shut down instead

I agree about the advertising being annoying, but they said that Windows 10 will be their last operating system, so that's probably how they plan to compensate for people not buying a new one every so often, I would rather have a few ads in my start menu than pay for a new operating system every few years (I still don't like the ads, but they are fairly easy to ignore)

#9 2017-05-17 09:06:49

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

- Upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8
- Tries using a program
- Doesn't work
- Reverts back to windows 8
- Tries using a program
- It works

10/10 would never use windows 10 again.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#10 2017-05-17 10:19:01

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Windows is slowly becoming Apple!

#11 2017-05-17 12:05:33

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Meh. The only issue I have with Win10 atm is the bad optimisation of Microsoft Edge ~ ridiculous CPU usage and memory leaks. At times you can sit there in task manager and watch the process resources just go up and up until the fans turn into jet engines.

Who needs privacy anyway? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2017-05-17 12:19:18

Nebula

I disliked //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
oVzB1E9.png
Windows 11 won't be coming out forever, so it's fake.

#13 2017-05-17 15:02:54

Srna

It's called Remix OS.

http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc

#14 2017-05-17 15:21:33

Different55
Forum Admin

destroyer123 wrote:

I've never had it start an update while I'm doing something

I'd like to say they never do it while you're sitting staring at the screen but that's not the case. But usually, if you're lucky and have made blood sacrifices to Microsoft, they'll wait until you go for a bathroom or snack break. That, I can say I have experienced so many times it's not funny. Last semester I was taking some graphic design classes and I was running W10 because Photoshop. And these projects take a while to complete, you definitely need to take a break or two in there, just maybe 5, 10 minutes. But almost without exception every time I took a short break like that I'd come back to either an update screen or a squeaky clean W10 desktop. Like seriously, Microsoft can't even be releasing that many updates, it has to just be their buggy, pre-alpha-quality "hey let's let our paying customers do all of our quality control for us" OS, right?

destroyer123 wrote:

they give you plenty of warning (a few popups before it happens) where you can change the time)

I have yet to see any popups. Usually it'll install when I'm trying to reboot. If not then, it'll wait til I step away. Silent the whole time.

destroyer123 wrote:

I agree about the advertising being annoying, but they said that Windows 10 will be their last operating system, so that's probably how they plan to compensate for people not buying a new one every so often, I would rather have a few ads in my start menu than pay for a new operating system every few years (I still don't like the ads, but they are fairly easy to ignore)

This is just plain wrong. Not even the "I would rather have a few ads in my start menu than pay for a new operating system" which is still pretty messed up, it's just factually incorrect. You *are* paying for a new operating system. W10 is locked down to one computer. The second you buy a new one, you'll be buying a brand new copy of W10. Computers don't last forever. Microsoft isn't losing a cent from W10 being "the last MS operating system." The only difference is that instead of selling a new version of year, they'll always be selling W10 from now on. So why the ads? Only one real reason for it. They're greedy and want even more money, to the point where they'd cross about 500 lines ranging from using frankly disgusting dark patterns to trick users into upgrading to slipping in W10 nags under the disguise of a security update.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#15 2017-05-17 16:14:57

Xfrogman43

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

- Upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8
- Tries using a program
- Doesn't work
- Reverts back to windows 8
- Tries using a program
- It works

10/10 would never use windows 10 again.

You can do this
WuFOK1K.png
but I'm not too sure on if its good or not

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#16 2017-05-17 16:40:18

LukeM
Website

Different55 wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

I've never had it start an update while I'm doing something

I'd like to say they never do it while you're sitting staring at the screen but that's not the case. But usually, if you're lucky and have made blood sacrifices to Microsoft, they'll wait until you go for a bathroom or snack break. That, I can say I have experienced so many times it's not funny. Last semester I was taking some graphic design classes and I was running W10 because Photoshop. And these projects take a while to complete, you definitely need to take a break or two in there, just maybe 5, 10 minutes. But almost without exception every time I took a short break like that I'd come back to either an update screen or a squeaky clean W10 desktop.

Different55 wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

they give you plenty of warning (a few popups before it happens) where you can change the time)

I have yet to see any popups. Usually it'll install when I'm trying to reboot. If not then, it'll wait til I step away. Silent the whole time.

For me it has always given me one notification when the update is discovered, asking you to set a time, one an hour or so before, and one just before it happens...
I also remember someone (I think it was you) saying you get a lot more adverts than I do...
Where did you buy your copy of Windows from? Did you get it with your computer or install it yourself? If it came with the computer then it could be bloatware causing these things, as the companies selling the computers (big cases include Lenovo) sometimes put software on your computer which changes things, and or places adverts where there were none previously
I get one or two 'suggested' apps in the start menu, and sometimes the store live title shows adverts for apps, but nothing more than that

Different55 wrote:

Like seriously, Microsoft can't even be releasing that many updates, it has to just be their buggy, pre-alpha-quality "hey let's let our paying customers do all of our quality control for us" OS, right?

An operating system is a big thing, and has to be able to run on almost any hardware, almost every OS has bugs, some probably should have been found / not created in the first place I guess, but I dont think windows has more updates than other operating systems (well maybe a few more, but not loads more)

Different55 wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

This is just plain wrong. Not even the "I would rather have a few ads in my start menu than pay for a new operating system" which is still pretty messed up, it's just factually incorrect. You *are* paying for a new operating system. W10 is locked down to one computer. The second you buy a new one, you'll be buying a brand new copy of W10. Computers don't last forever. Microsoft isn't losing a cent from W10 being "the last MS operating system." The only difference is that instead of selling a new version of year, they'll always be selling W10 from now on. So why the ads? Only one real reason for it. They're greedy and want even more money, to the point where they'd cross about 500 lines ranging from using frankly disgusting dark patterns to trick users into upgrading to slipping in W10 nags under the disguise of a security update.

I guess your right about most of that, although it does make sense for me because Ive been upgrading my computers rather than just getting a new one, starting at a really high end computer and keep using it until it is basically unable to run what I need it to, so they last many years.
My last one was almost double digits old by the time I stopped using it (it was second hand from another member of my family), and in all that time, I think 3 versions of windows have been released

LukeM1495035618660167

Board footer