Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-05-01 23:57:30

soniiiety

Re: Petition: Unban Lictor666

Diff and hummmerz how can they work for it when they are banned that makes no sense also I thought I made ee fourms great again unless you mean temporarily did well that sucks also it's not going to make sense how how will they work for it give us a examples on how then we will believe you if not that's mean diff and hammers are liers ????????

Wooted by:

#27 2017-05-02 03:42:11

Schlog

Kira wrote:

e9c268809f474b2abfaa0299c3fb07c7.png
92cbb530732b4e1ca55934e820e144a3.png
a078c021a911487c90b0fb734c92047f.png
1b7049ff4924495b8af0ac7e839c9d0a.png
Really cool signatures just for you!

all of them look exactly the same must've been a lot of work to have this sort of creativity

#28 2017-05-02 06:38:45

soniiiety

Ninja wrote:
Kira wrote:

all of them look exactly the same must've been a lot of work to have this sort of creativity

this is not the answer i was looking for plus diff or hummerz are not reponding means they are dead or liers idk just someone give me and us a better anwser or im done

#29 2017-05-02 13:55:24

Koya
Fabulous Member

soniiiety wrote:
Ninja wrote:
Kira wrote:

this is not the answer i was looking for plus diff or hummerz are not reponding means they are dead or liers idk just someone give me and us a better anwser or im done

Ninja wasn't speaking to you and you aren't OP. Diff already answered the thread a few posts up.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#30 2017-05-02 14:18:28

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

You get special treatment, and YOU get special treatment, and everybody gets special treatment! Oh wait, except then it's not special treatment, it's just shorter ban periods.

Screw it, who needs forum rules anyway? They're clearly just there to oppress us and suppress our individuality.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#31 2017-05-02 20:43:48

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Wow, this is truly compelling with all the evidence you provided. I'm absolutely certain you're telling the entire story.

You don't need sarcasm to get such a simple point across!

Tomahawk wrote:

You get special treatment, and YOU get special treatment, and everybody gets special treatment! Oh wait, except then it's not special treatment, it's just shorter ban periods.

That's called dealing with situations on a case-by-case basis. If Kira's post is telling the whole story, then it's reasonable to assume that Lictor means no harm. Bans are supposed to discipline and prevent rule-breaking, so if Lictor no longer breaks the rules after being unbanned, he's learned his lesson. For a relatively small community like this one, I think it's silly to let automated systems to do all the work policing users around.

Give him another chance, and make sure he knows what he was doing wrong. If he messes up anymore, he can no longer play innocent.

Screw it, who needs forum rules anyway? They're clearly just there to oppress us and suppress our individuality.

I'm not sure what opinion this is supposed to be a sarcastic strawman of.

#32 2017-05-02 21:24:40

hummerz5

N1KF wrote:

Give him another chance, and make sure he knows what he was doing wrong. If he messes up anymore, he can no longer play innocent.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is being considered here? i.e., what do you think they don't know they did wrong?

Perhaps you consider his multiple (banned) alternate accounts could have been misinterpreted as being OK? Maybe the "this account is banned for being an alt" message is too verbose?

Or if he raided the forums, is that what he might have been confused about?

If we want to argue different reasons for having a ban system, and from there say that it has over-fulfilled its purpose in a certain way, I could abide that discussion. I don't think confusion about his error could be a good argument.

#33 2017-05-02 21:39:27

Kira

"Raided the forum" I fail to see Lictor "raiding" a forum. Like we stated previously in this topic: granted, he made alternate accounts and annoyed you for weeks with it. But he doesn't earn a permanent ban for that.
Think about it, if you didn't ban him in a first place, he wouldn't have made all these alts: "It's his fault for getting banned".

Knowing the whole story, he got banned for making a topic: "Review about Reviews of summer contest". Zoey considered it as spam and banned him. It was a joke topic, and he intended no harm: we've clearly seen worse topics than Lictor's yet, he's the one who got himself permanently banned.

Is unbanning an innocent too much to ask for?

#34 2017-05-02 22:18:58

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Welcome to EE forums, where the community decides who to ban, unban, mod and demod! Don't worry, you're safe in our hands!

It must be something in the water, because people get struck by sudden amnesia whenever they try to remember actual facts.

Kirby no wonder your post count is so high when you say nothing of sense and call it content.

~Good lord I need to reign in the sarcasm before I become as bitter and jaded as Atilla (<3).

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#35 2017-05-02 22:29:28

Different55
Forum Admin

Kira wrote:

Think about it, if you didn't ban him in a first place, he wouldn't have made all these alts: "It's his fault for getting banned".

think about it, if he hadn't broken the rules he would never have been banned. if he followed the rules after being banned, his ban would have been much, much shorter.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#36 2017-05-02 22:32:45

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

Kirby no wonder your post count is so high when you say nothing of sense and call it content.

I assume you're talking about me. While I (sometimes) try to post stuff that's productive and makes sense, I don't think I've claimed anytime recently that I succeed at it.

That aside, you didn't address any of my points so it's hard to bring this conversation anywhere when all you're doing is calling my post nonsense.

~Good lord I need to reign in the sarcasm before I become as bitter and jaded as Atilla (<3).

Well, you're still less sarcastic than some posts on the forum!

#37 2017-05-02 22:44:10

Kira

Different55 wrote:
Kira wrote:

think about it, if he hadn't broken the rules he would never have been banned. if he followed the rules after being banned, his ban would have been much, much shorter.

I don't have any arguments to counter that. All I can do is whine till he gets unbanned.

What's your final answer, Diff? Are you willing to give him a last chance?

#38 2017-05-02 22:48:20, last edited by Different55 (2017-05-02 22:53:02)

Different55
Forum Admin

not sure, I just checked to see when his ban expires and apparently it doesn't, his ban is actually permanent, and the person who banned him isn't in the database. Going to figure out what's going on there at least.

EDIT: Nevermind I know what happened.

- ShinsukeIto

#39 2017-05-02 23:28:14, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-05-02 23:30:24)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

For Kirby
Kira wrote:

I don't have any arguments to counter that. All I can do is whine till he gets unbanned.

Rejoice, for we have rationality! That statement is a breath of fresh air after all this. My congratulations.

#40 2017-05-03 00:49:59

hummerz5

Different55 wrote:

not sure, I just checked to see when his ban expires and apparently it doesn't, his ban is actually permanent, and the person who banned him isn't in the database. Going to figure out what's going on there at least.

can you enlighten us? I guess I didn't notice that there wasn't a name.

So, he didn't raid?

My central argument against removing the ban as per the actual effect of the ban still holds, but that's partially moot.

#41 2017-05-03 03:08:17

Kira

In conclusion, what's the answer?

#42 2017-05-03 03:40:24

Different55
Forum Admin

hummerz5 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

can you enlighten us? I guess I didn't notice that there wasn't a name.

So, he didn't raid?

My central argument against removing the ban as per the actual effect of the ban still holds, but that's partially moot.

Bans made by the warning system don't have a user attached to them. The person who creates a ban is always given credit for it, even if it was edited. He was banned by the warning system, each of us added onto it as he went and made more and more alts, and then someone came along and changed it to a permaban.

I wonder who.

There's no record of that kind of thing because generally we trust that our mods are trustworthy and wouldn't do that sort of thing without talking it over.

Anyway, I'm going through the dude's warning list and figuring out how long he has left in his ban. If it's already over, then yeah he'll be unbanned.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (5)

#43 2017-05-03 13:13:43

Kira

I'm going to close this topic now. Cheers Diff.

Kira1493813623658150

Board footer