Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-04-05 12:32:03

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Farewell

Zumza wrote:

I really don't understand what you're saying.So by "people ganging up" I think you mean the community and by "others" you mean staff?Well in that case their pressure is not made because of their desire to make drama, its made just because they care about the future of this game.Thus "rationally working out the most beneficial solution to their problems" would be to help the game, which I think a part would do if they were able to.

Some threads start about bad modding, then people join in to form a hate train with the loudest at the front. They call for an instant demod instead of considering other options, and the pressured administration has little leeway or choice in the face of it.

People gang up on each other, I mean.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#27 2017-04-05 12:43:48, last edited by Zumza (2017-04-05 12:44:22)

Zumza

Tomahawk wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I really don't understand what you're saying.So by "people ganging up" I think you mean the community and by "others" you mean staff?Well in that case their pressure is not made because of their desire to make drama, its made just because they care about the future of this game.Thus "rationally working out the most beneficial solution to their problems" would be to help the game, which I think a part would do if they were able to.

Some threads start about bad modding, then people join in to form a hate train with the loudest at the front. They call for an instant demod instead of considering other options, and the pressured administration has little leeway or choice in the face of it.

People gang up on each other, I mean.

Thats most likely caused by a lack of proper communication between the staff and the community, I guess.
If we're talking about @Dream, if the staff asked the community first he might not have become a mod from the start.
If we're talking about @Koya, then we're just dealing with people who can't see what they did wrong.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#28 2017-04-05 14:02:53

Koya
Fabulous Member

Zumza wrote:

If we're talking about @Koya, then we're just dealing with people who can't see what they did wrong.

I'm aware that I acted as if this game was some triple A title online multiplayer with a vast community, I went by the rules but that wasn't what this game needed.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#29 2017-04-05 15:39:57

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Koya wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I'm aware that I acted as if this game was some triple A title online multiplayer with a vast community, I went by the rules but that wasn't what this game needed.

Nuu Koya, no regrets. I fully supported your style of modding - it was consistent, unbiased and properly enforced EE's current ruleset. The nubs who complained were those used to breaking the rules and getting away with it under other mods. If all mods had your style then EE would be a friendlier and nicer community.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#30 2017-04-05 16:00:47, last edited by MartenM (2017-04-05 16:02:10)

MartenM
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

Nuu Koya, no regrets. I fully supported your style of modding - it was consistent, unbiased and properly enforced EE's current ruleset. The nubs who complained were those used to breaking the rules and getting away with it under other mods. If all mods had your style then EE would be a friendlier and nicer community.

Banning and silencing only partly solves problems. It won't turn the community into some sort of shiny gem.

Not that I have anything against koya his style of moderating tho

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (2)

#31 2017-04-05 17:04:00

Zumza

Koya wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Still, you're
0f893de82e.png

Wooted by:

#32 2017-04-05 17:41:55, last edited by Processor (2017-04-05 17:45:29)

Processor

I believe that the new administration is by no means capable of influencing the forums unless they somehow pull a "noup" on Diff.

destroyer123 wrote:

Which reboot are you talking about, loads of people seem to have opinions about a 'reboot' but everyone seems to be talking about different things...

While the so called "reboot" has been the main topic of interest during the change in administration, I see it as a mere excuse that NVD et al. used to kick nou out of the team. It's still a flawed narrative because nou never opposed such an idea in the first place.

Like I described in my first post, there's a lot of tension between the community members as they all wish to be in charge of the game. Nou did things wrong but the lack of constructive feedback is still a sign that NVD didn't have good intentions when he kicked nou.

I'm going to post a conversation in PM here.

Jawapa wrote:
Processor wrote:

During the time NVD was the owner of the game, he used the game's income for his own personal benefit. I'll ignore the (il)legality of this action, and state this did hurt the game (and staff morale). I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened again.

Do you have proof he used it for personal gains? I remember the money going into a PayPal account that was more or less his own. I also remember him saying at one point that EE had made a few thousand dollars. I never thought about that money after the game was transferred to Nou.
I know you said you'd ignore it, but it doesn't sound like something that would be illegal. As the owner of the game, I would expect him to be able to keep all the profits.
Your last point seems like a bit of an accusation. The staff work was all voluntary, and I doubt a few members of the staff cared what was going on with the money. The game certainly wasn't struggling to fund itself. But I can see where that money could have been set aside to help with the current bills of EE.

The legality and the ethics of the situation are separate issues.

Lets tackle the legal side first:

I've heard there were some legal issues with NVD not paying his taxes, but I am not an expert in that field. NVD owned the game more or less, so he had every legal right to do whatever he pleased with the money though.

Ethics now:

Nou never saw a cent of that money, neither did any other programmer in our team or EE itself. (Even the domain transfer fees were paid by brian!) That's not how NVD communicated things to us, I only found out when he refused to provide any information about EE's money when the game was being transferred to nou, we had to pry it out of his hands and he got caught in his own web of lies.

He earned that money with the help of others in the team and while we didn't expect to be paid for the work we did, we surely did not work to finance NVD's life. I felt disappointed when I realized that EE's earnings were used to buy GTA V for his girlfriend (and that's just 50€ of the +2000€ he had earned).

I expected the money to be used to help the game grow, that's all. NVD said he was planning on doing that, he lied to us, that's not cool.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#33 2017-04-05 21:01:20

Zumza

Processor wrote:

He earned that money with the help of others in the team and while we didn't expect to be paid for the work we did, we surely did not work to finance NVD's life. I felt disappointed when I realized that EE's earnings were used to buy GTA V for his girlfriend (and that's just 50€ of the +2000€ he had earned).

I expected the money to be used to help the game grow, that's all. NVD said he was planning on doing that, he lied to us, that's not cool.

Well at least I bet he has a cool girlfriend.

#34 2017-04-05 21:28:42

Gosha

Processor wrote:

Nou never saw a cent of that money, neither did any other programmer in our team or EE itself.

Where did they go then?

#35 2017-04-05 21:41:21

LukeM
Website

Gosha wrote:
Processor wrote:

Nou never saw a cent of that money, neither did any other programmer in our team or EE itself.

Where did they go then?

The most logical conclusion is that NVD probably kept it

#36 2017-04-05 22:05:30

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Hidden text

I did say this. Not that it's really needed for me to confirm it.

Discord: jawp#5123

#37 2017-04-05 22:26:20

Bimps

so nvd is a ****?

#38 2017-04-05 22:29:11, last edited by LukeM (2017-04-05 22:29:47)

LukeM
Website

Bimps: *was
People make mistakes, I'm sure that he probably learned from his mistakes, and (hopefully) won't make them again

#39 2017-04-05 22:48:23

Bimps

destroyer123 wrote:

People make mistakes, I'm sure that he probably learned from his mistakes, and (hopefully) won't make them again

you really think nvd not giving people money that they should have gotten is a mistake?

#40 2017-04-05 23:02:57

LukeM
Website

Bimps wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

you really think nvd not giving people money that they should have gotten is a mistake?

A mistake as in something you regret later, hopefully because he realises it was wrong, not just because he was found out

#41 2017-04-05 23:05:16

Bimps

destroyer123 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

A mistake as in something you regret later, hopefully because he realises it was wrong, not just because he was found out

well idk how everyone else feels but this just makes me see ee's current state as just a way to squeeze more money out. not a passion project. so that kind of sucks

Wooted by:

#42 2017-04-05 23:07:29, last edited by Koya (2017-04-05 23:21:35)

Koya
Fabulous Member

Bimps wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

well idk how everyone else feels but this just makes me see ee's current state as just a way to squeeze more money out. not a passion project. so that kind of sucks

Normally if people work they get paid, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I do not see this game just being squeezed for money - it's going to go in the right direction and I see a future in EE. NVD should have been in charge before.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#43 2017-04-05 23:33:53

Bimps

Koya wrote:
Bimps wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
Bimps wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

I do not see this game just being squeezed for money - it's going to go in the right direction and I see a future in EE. NVD should have been in charge before.

where's unity

#44 2017-04-06 00:02:21

dcomet

Bimps wrote:
Koya wrote:
Bimps wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
Bimps wrote:

where's unity

the simplest question with the most complex answer

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#45 2017-04-06 11:39:09

Processor

destroyer123 wrote:

I haven't yet received an apology from NVD for lying about how the game money was going to be used.

Koya wrote:

NVD used to be in charge and he did squeeze the game for money (see: all those beta / builders club discounts). I expect more discounts to appear in the upcoming months.

Bimps wrote:

where's unity

I assume not being paid and knowing that your work is going to finance NVD's private expenses isn't going to accelerate the project now. Add the fact that the current developer team is stubborn enough to restart the whole project and you are looking at an ETA of at least one year.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by:

#46 2017-04-06 11:56:29

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

On the topic of Unity, what do you know about the PlayerIO and HTML5?

I'm pretty sure PlayerIO doesn't support HTML5, meaning unity couldn't be ported to be played in the browser.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#47 2017-04-06 12:11:33, last edited by LukeM (2017-04-06 12:11:48)

LukeM
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

I'm pretty sure PlayerIO doesn't support HTML5, meaning unity couldn't be ported to be played in the browser.

I don't think it is supported now, but think they are working on it
It does seem to be quite low down their list of priorities though, I would have thought with so many games moving to JavaScript that the PlayerIO people would have done it a long time ago...
If not, I guess there is always socket.io, which seems very similar, so the game could probably be ported over fairly easily
Then again, I think the whole shop is based on PlayerIO, so maybe not

#48 2017-04-06 12:16:02

Processor

MrJaWapa wrote:

It's surely possible to work around it, but the exact implementation is something the new development team will have to decide on, so you better ask them.

Wooted by:

#49 2017-04-06 12:19:05

Zumza

Koya wrote:
Bimps wrote:

This game is not squeezed for money indeed. Its squeezed for love and the future of EE lays in an engagement ring.

#50 2017-07-07 23:30:17

Mieaz

TOOP wrote:
Kessiope wrote:

Who next ? Toop ? ...

I don't have any intentions of leaving anytime soon, not only do I actually find some enjoyment in EE still, I have a fairly long list of ideas and fixes that I would like to see through. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

lol nice joke

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

Mieaz1499466617666838

Board footer