Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-01-19 01:57:40

Guest.

Re: permanently banning rdash

lock this

Wooted by:

#27 2017-01-19 03:52:05

dcomet

Ernesdo wrote:

lock this

Not until i slip in here.
Hi.
I'm patiently waiting for UnitEE.
Trust me, it's going to come out eventually.

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#28 2017-01-19 14:08:24

Guest.

DarkComet wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

lock this

Not until i slip in here.
Hi.
I'm patiently waiting for UnitEE.
Trust me, it's going to come out eventually.

ok epic, lock this

#29 2017-01-19 19:52:11

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ernesdo wrote:

ok epic, lock this

Why? People can still discuss the issue of trolling, and I don't think we've really come to a conclusion to this yet.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#30 2017-01-19 22:49:37

Guest.

N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

ok epic, lock this

Why? People can still discuss the issue of trolling, and I don't think we've really come to a conclusion to this yet.

you can't get banned for trolling
this is just kids raging because their boss to codes were destroyed

Wooted by: (3)

#31 2017-01-19 22:53:31

Raphe9000

N1KF wrote:

What issue? Trolling is an art.

Wooted by:

#32 2017-01-19 23:46:41

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Trolling is an issue, not art. If you scribble on somebody else's drawing, is it art? Trolling is maliciously trying to ruin somebody's world. Repeat to me "scribbling on a drawing is art" and I'll accept your point.

Like I said before good behavior requires discipline. If we don't actively try to positively influence the community it's going to get worse than it already is.

As much as I'm trying to keep calm, I'm starting to get impatient with people who defend negative behaviors with weak reasons so maybe I should go do something else for a while.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#33 2017-01-20 00:10:28

Guest.

N1KF wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Trolling is an issue, not art. If you scribble on somebody else's drawing, is it art? Trolling is maliciously trying to ruin somebody's world. Repeat to me "scribbling on a drawing is art" and I'll accept your point.

Like I said before good behavior requires discipline. If we don't actively try to positively influence the community it's going to get worse than it already is.

As much as I'm trying to keep calm, I'm starting to get impatient with people who defend negative behaviors with weak reasons so maybe I should go do something else for a while.

om,g troler kick //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad:( //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by:

#34 2017-01-20 00:18:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

om,g troler kick //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad:( //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

What's your point? Your posts aren't very clear.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#35 2017-01-20 01:13:04, last edited by N1KF (2017-01-20 01:13:58)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Trolling is an art because it is (sometimes) stealthily changing someone else's art in your image. Here are some examples:

Examples

In the former example, that's actually somewhat creative. For the huge majority of trolling I've seen, however, it's just messy lines and crude offensive drawings.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#36 2017-01-20 01:32:15, last edited by Raphe9000 (2017-01-20 22:35:23)

Raphe9000

N1KF wrote:

In the former example, that's actually somewhat creative. For the huge majority of trolling I've seen, however, it's just messy lines and crude offensive drawings.

But yet I still got kicked (I have no idea why it's not like I set a castle on fire). Trolling is already underappreciated, and it being bannable would be horrible.

#37 2017-01-20 05:19:13

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

But yet I still got kicked (I have no idea why it's not like I set a castle on fire).

While it is creative I'm still not sure that I feel that it's inherently good because you're making a large change to somebody else's creation.

Trolling is already underappreciated, and it being bannable would be horrible.

As I wrote in previous posts, I agree that it shouldn't be bannable, but how is it "underappreciated"? Should I appreciate it when somebody goes to a beach and decides to kick down every sandcastle? I don't think so, so why is trolling deserving of appreciation? It's the act of destruction, and no matter how much people try to justify it, it's not something I think I'll ever be able to appreciate.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#38 2017-01-20 06:04:20

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

As I wrote in previous posts, I agree that it shouldn't be bannable, but how is it "underappreciated"? Should I appreciate it when somebody goes to a beach and decides to kick down every sandcastle? I don't think so, so why is trolling deserving of appreciation? It's the act of destruction, and no matter how much people try to justify it, it's not something I think I'll ever be able to appreciate.

Not that kind of appreciated, Raphe is saying he thinks snobby rich people should wait in line at museums to admire his sadism.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#39 2017-01-20 06:42:59

Anatoly

DRAMA! WE LOVE DRAMA! WE WILL SUICIDE, IF TOPIC GETS LOCKED! CONTINUE LIKE THIS! R-R-RESPECT!

Wooted by: (2)

#40 2017-01-20 08:40:27

Gosha

AnatolyEE wrote:

DRAMA! WE LOVE DRAMA! WE WILL SUICIDE, IF TOPIC GETS LOCKED! CONTINUE LIKE THIS! R-R-RESPECT!

No , Anatoly. No.

#41 2017-01-20 11:33:30

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

#42 2017-01-20 14:32:48

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Why isn't this locked? I thought the mods shut down any complaints about bans.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#43 2017-01-20 18:19:39, last edited by N1KF (2017-01-20 18:20:58)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

Why isn't this locked? I thought the mods shut down any complaints about bans.

Well it's kind of morphed into some weird mutant general topic about banning trolling than anything so locking it at this point may not be such a good idea. Maybe it's time for a split?

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#44 2017-01-20 22:33:45, last edited by Raphe9000 (2017-01-20 22:34:44)

Raphe9000

Different55 wrote:

Not that kind of appreciated, Raphe is saying he thinks snobby rich people should wait in line at museums to admire his sadism.

And my sarcasm, but sadism is up there. Ey, one of the best parts of trolling is watching people rage. Usually, I'll just people who troll my worlds with a snarky remark, but some people aren't as thick skinned. Unnecessary rage is hilarious. People who want trolling banned are hilarious.

N1KF wrote:

While it is creative I'm still not sure that I feel that it's inherently good because you're making a large change to somebody else's creation.

Art itself can do no harm. It is the intent of the art that matters.

N1KF wrote:

May be considered inappropriate to kids and is kinda off topic so be warned

Back on topic, Different55 did a pretty good job explaining this, but I'll also add something myself. I was being sarcastic, but it is somewhat true. A lot of creative trolling and stealth trolling require real effort. Creative trolling is really underappreciated, as it is usually better than the original work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#45 2017-01-20 23:14:18

Guest.

lock this topic

Guest.1484950458643813

Board footer