Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

EDJ

Re: New updates

jakery wrote:

I put a new thread in the suggestion forum: bring back guests, don't let guests edit, and guests don't count in the "players online" tally. Hopefully they'll consider this, unless there's another way to abuse guest accounts that I'm not thinking of.

Agreed

#27 Before February 2015

tokebot

DK Levels wrote:

Yeah.
Now the top lobby will be filled with 100 Minigames , Stairs to code etc
Because thats what the majority of EE players (aka Noobs) go for.

dazz wrote:

yep the worst day of EE, bye bye good levels :rolleyes: no point for me to spend hours making something and be played by 3-4 noobs per day that will just quit if they see advanced minis.

sadly, these are facts that will come true

#28 Before February 2015

MIHB

Nou wrote:

Yep, you need to register now. Not sure how well it's going to work for the new players as they they can't test the game, but that's not our problem! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Linus21 wrote:

I'll go look!

EDIT: NOOOOO NOW I CANT MAKE GUEST SO MORE CAN JOIN MY LEVELS   WevBh.png YGMal.png

Actually yea that's a problem //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Guestbombing was good strategy.

This is a huge, huge, huge problem.   Guestbombing was not a GOOD strategy, it was a NEEDED strategy.   The game currently lacks any method for good levels to readily move from "no players" to "filled with players".   Guestbombing was a strategy to simulate people in a level enough for guests to enter a level, see that it is good, then keep playing.

As of now, there is no way for a new, good level to gain the attention of players short of a) bombing with multiple accounts, b) getting a collection of players who know each other together, or c) being popular at night (when there are fewer players on, so its easier to enter the top of the list) and remaining popular as players enter in the morning.
As is, this looks like yet another stupid update where the unintended consequences were not considered.   Perhaps another update is planned to deal with this problem, but I'm not holding my breath.

#29 Before February 2015

mustang

^ Very valid points MIHB. This update may unintentionally discourage talented creators from spending hours to days perfecting their maps since it's likely the majority of EE players will ignore it and stick to the stairs and minigames which will remain full and at the top of the list.

There are ways to fix this, such as a simple reorganization of the way the lobby lists maps to not exclusively consider player count when placing map at the top of the list. Perhaps guests can be brought back without the ability to edit or chat, to allow people to test the game and thus "guestbombing" could still be utilized as a way to attract attention.

Hopefully Chris addresses this soon.

#30 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Your concerns are not going unnoticed. I'll mention this to Chris so that we can get some kind of internal discussion going on about making a more definitive way to promote good levels that doesn't require abusing any other system. (I.E guestbombing)

Suggestions are very much welcome. Just remeber that anything involving guests are out of the question.

#31 Before February 2015

EDJ

Add a "like" system
You can give a level thumbs up or down
Combined with a friends system it would kick ****:
Most liked all time, weekly, liked by friends etc //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#32 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Just found a guest
1218ks9.png

#33 Before February 2015

NikK

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

Your concerns are not going unnoticed. I'll mention this to Chris so that we can get some kind of internal discussion going on about making a more definitive way to promote good levels that doesn't require abusing any other system. (I.E guestbombing)

Suggestions are very much welcome. Just remeber that anything involving guests are out of the question.

Yay! The best thing I can think of (I know already suggested) is a voting system, or something like a 1-5 star thing.

#34 Before February 2015

Pandapo

EDJ wrote:

Add a "like" system
Most liked all time, weekly, liked by friends etc //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I hope that idea is gone come o,o

#35 Before February 2015

mustang

EDJ wrote:

Add a "like" system

Any system that relies on voting can easily be abused or misleading, since novice players might automatically give a harder map a thumbs down for not being able to beat it, pro players might do the same with easy maps, and players who like or dislike each other will always vote thumbs up or down regardless of the map content.

It's honestly a difficult question to address, and right now I can't really think of a proper solution.

#36 Before February 2015

EDJ

True, maybe only thumbs up
That would deal with the affections for people
But for the abusing part, that's why there are friends

#37 Before February 2015

Calicara

Okay! I am no longer arguing against guests. I think it's okay to spam a level, as long as it's a good level.

Within the hour the stairs have risen from the deep depths of the level list. The time has come for noobs to come out of hiding and spread their terrible levels throughout the game. Their noobish ways will influence new users, thus eradicating all good levels from the top of the level list. It is a very dark day for Everybody Edits.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 19 2011 2:02:15 pm)

#38 Before February 2015

Shift

Guest bombing is still possible, and everything else of the sort, because people can easily create a ton of fake accounts.

#39 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Ok, here's the solution to any guest problem you have:

Make it so that you can't have more then two EE tabs open at once. There's no need to have three+ tabs open.

If you want to kick a guest, have a pause button at the bottom that will pause the whole world (though the players have no idea) and if you double-click on the user you kick him/her.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#40 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Kaosslasher wrote:

Maybe chris just forgot to put a play as guest button back? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

he did it on purpose because they were "abused".

#41 Before February 2015

DK Levels

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:

Maybe chris just forgot to put a play as guest button back? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Do you not read other posts o_o

#42 Before February 2015

correiajoao

I just enter in forums now and I agree with all of you!

Good maps now are die... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#43 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

DK Levels wrote:
KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:

Do you not read other posts o_o

Nope, I was too lazy.

Calicara 142386483396599

Board footer