Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

MIHB

Re: Contest Ideas

Varrith wrote:

Oh? Fine, go tell RPG he should make a contest of that theme. We'll see what happens.

I've already spoken with him, he's on board.   Thinks we should also do a stair themed contest.   I agreed with his proposal.

#27 Before February 2015

Varrith

Ill believe it when I see it since I know your lying. Contests are about art, not stupid stairs.

#28 Before February 2015

MIHB

Varrith wrote:

Ill believe it when I see it since I know your lying. Contests are about art, not stupid stairs.

On the contrary, contests are about the game.   What could better represent the fine, noble game of Everybody Edits than that most majestic of level, the mighty stair?

#29 Before February 2015

Varrith

MIHB wrote:
Varrith wrote:

On the contrary, contests are about the game.   What could better represent the fine, noble game of Everybody Edits than that most majestic of level, the mighty stair?

No one likes stairs. Just saying...

#30 Before February 2015

MIHB

Varrith wrote:
MIHB wrote:
Varrith wrote:

No one likes stairs. Just saying...

On the contrary.   Let us suppose that type of level built is a function of enjoyment gained from a level.   Stairs are one of the most popular types of levels.   Therefore, stairs are one of the types of levels that people most enjoy, and therefore most like!

Thus it is proven.   Don't try and step, unless its to step on a stair.

#31 Before February 2015

Varrith

I never said they weren't most popular... But they suck... Unoriginal, boring...

#32 Before February 2015

ugotpwned

popular = people like them https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#33 Before February 2015

MIHB

UgotPwned wrote:

popular = people like them https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Exactly.   In fact, stairs are some of the most original maps around.   Because they are made so constantly, designers continually discover new nuances to stair design, making them far and away the most sophisticated level in EE.

#34 Before February 2015

Varrith

It takes no skill to create a stair level

#35 Before February 2015

MIHB

Varrith wrote:

It takes no skill to create a stair level

Prove it.   Make a stair level for us.   I bet you can't.

#36 Before February 2015

Varrith

Ok, Ill make a unique one.

#37 Before February 2015

mustang

Varrith wrote:

Ok, Ill make a unique one.

If you don't make a good one, you'll prove MIHB's point. Also, can you link us so we can all judge and decide who wins this debate?

#38 Before February 2015

Varrith

Trust me... It'll be like you've never seen before... And either way, I wont be proving that stairs are good, he'll just think I cant. When I can. It might take a little while.

#39 Before February 2015

MIHB

Varrith wrote:

Trust me... It'll be like you've never seen before... And either way, I wont be proving that stairs are good, he'll just think I cant. When I can. It might take a little while.

I wish you luck in this grave task.

#40 Before February 2015

mustang

Varrith wrote:

How much longer will it take? Are the stairs this difficult to construct? I fear you've abandoned your attempt to prove stairs are simple to build, and in doing so you've validated MIHB's claim.

Please link your map soon, or else we may have a stairs themed contest in the near future.

#41 Before February 2015

BEE

Oh you guys are cruel, this guy is probably not even 13 and you expect him to detect sarcasm on the internet?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#42 Before February 2015

Varrith

BEE wrote:

Oh you guys are cruel, this guy is probably not even 13 and you expect him to detect sarcasm on the internet?

I'm 16, thank you, and I never said this wasn't funny. I'm keeping the topic alive. I want more contests. If this dies, it might not be seen by someone who may be able to get more contests.

And my stairs level wont be like one you've seen yet. I'm going to be busy today, but I hope I get it out today.

Last edited by Varrith (Apr 23 2011 8:19:15 am)

#43 Before February 2015

Varrith

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAEDJ66uGa0I

Its not completely done, but I'm being rushed, but by the time you get on I should be done.

EVERYONE:

So, are we having everyone judge with creativity? Or what?

#44 Before February 2015

Calicara

Contest idea: sillhouette ( The player has to use the gray blocks, and the pure black blocks to change the shape of their level into something cool.)

Prize: Smiley, that has no face, and a pure black body

Also stairs suck, so stop being idiots and let the whole thing go.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 23 2011 9:13:14 am)

#45 Before February 2015

Varrith

Failgirl101 wrote:

Contest idea: sillhouette ( The player has to use the gray blocks, and the pure black blocks to change the shape of their level into something cool.)

Prize: Smiley, that has no face, and a pure black body

Also stairs suck, so stop being idiots and let the whole thing go.

Ikr.... Did you try mine though? Gives a unique twist to them.

#46 Before February 2015

Calicara

Varrith wrote:

Yea, I did, but I still don't like'em. Stairs are all the same to me.

#47 Before February 2015

Varrith

Failgirl101 wrote:
Varrith wrote:

Yea, I did, but I still don't like'em. Stairs are all the same to me.

Same here... But they wanted a stairs level, so I gave them one.

#48 Before February 2015

Koto

I've got a prize for Summer theme: Sand decoration blocks, like the ones you got for Christmas.

#49 Before February 2015

supadorf24

MIHB wrote:

How about running two different contests at once: "**** themed" and "17th century french architecture themed".

Hm, I'm intrigued. What if we combine these two themes? I'll go get started on creating a demo level.

#50 Before February 2015

Varrith

RPG needs to get on to see this. Well, the Contest themes part anyway.

Varrith 142386544795985

Board footer