Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-08-13 16:16:39

Xfrogman43

Re: Do you have any phobias?

I'm also afraid of water (cant swim) and heights.

I've almost drowned about 3 times
1) When I was a kid at my aunts house, they have a pool, with my brothers we were in the pool and i was swimming and i came up under my brother who was on a float seat thing and nobody knew and I couldn't move cause I was under the water too long and needed air

2) I was in florida at my stepdad's family's house and I was in the pool and everyone was eating. I was trying to get up at the deep end by pushing myself up on the ledge, but I couldn't and nobody would help me. I was there for about 30seconds when my stepdad (not that athletic at all) came and helped me when there were literally 2 people (my brothers) right there telling me I can do it.

3) My brother and I were in a lake that is close to home and it was about to start storming and there's a large rock path, if the water is low enough it is visible, but the rain brought the water up over the rocks and we couldn't see where we were going and the current was pushing us into the opposite way of the rocks (not into the bigger part of the lake but still bad) so it took us a while to get back on the rocks and it was hard cause I can't swim and I was trying to hang on to my brother but he was having trouble too and I couldn't hang on cause he would push me off. The next day of school I heard that the lake has sucked people under it and the pressure makes you not able to swim up and I haven't been back ever since.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#27 2016-08-13 17:01:18

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

i was with my mom. in the car. driving down the highway. and the window was SLIGHTLY DOWN. JUST A CRACK
and i heard it like. whistling. and i was like oh my god it's my GBA. so i didn't even bother saving my game. i just turned it off.
but the whistling continued. and i was like oh my god
so i took out the batteries
and then it continued
and i panicked
and my mother rolled up the window
i think i cried

and then. i had this dream
involving shrek
and in this dream the gba was sitting on the coffee table.
and it was shrieking. most likely because of the previous experience.
and i was like. oh my god make it stop
so then i removed the batteries
and then!!!!!! it wouldn't stop
i don't really know how shrek comes into play but i just associate it with shrek

so yeah i had both a real life experience and a nightmare

and now i have this phobia of electronics like, not turning off? even after they're unplugged. especially when they're unplugged

anyway this comes into play every so often because sometimes after shutting down my computer it turns back on.
one time it did that five times
it was awful

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#28 2016-08-13 17:31:35

Bobithan

Zoey2070 wrote:

and now i have this phobia of electronics like, not turning off? even after they're unplugged. especially when they're unplugged

Yo that's like a recurring theme in my dreams as well. Didn't know it was common or anything but then again 2 people isn't a big sample size.

I have an irrational fear of what other people think of me; even those who I hold especially close. Like maybe they hate me and are too nice to tell me. idk if that's necessarily a phobia though.

Also y'all should learn how to swim, it's a life saving skill. It's definitely a skill that's more likely to save your life, or somebody else's life for that matter, than stop-drop-and-roll will for example.

#29 2016-08-13 18:24:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Zoey2070 wrote:

anyway this comes into play every so often because sometimes after shutting down my computer it turns back on.
it was awful

cant you just like
plug it out? unless it has an UPS device (thing that prevents computer from shutting off when for example electricity goes out)

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#30 2016-08-13 19:22:34, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-08-13 19:23:02)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

and then. i had this dream
involving shrek
and in this dream the gba was sitting on the coffee table.
and it was shrieking. most likely because of the previous experience.
and i was like. oh my god make it stop
so then i removed the batteries
and then!!!!!! it wouldn't stop
i don't really know how shrek comes into play but i just associate it with shrek

i remember having a dream like that it haunted me for a few (er, like 8) years

suddenly random sig change

#31 2016-08-13 19:40:48

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

maxi123 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

it was awful

cant you just like
plug it out? unless it has an UPS device (thing that prevents computer from shutting off when for example electricity goes out)

dude... but what if it turns on again? then there'd be no cause and that's EVEN WORSE than it just randomly turning on while plugged in

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#32 2016-08-13 20:15:14

Koya
Fabulous Member

Ninja wrote:

i don't understand how people can be unable to swim it's not hard

I can swim fine, indoor swimming pools that look like they are well managed are fine - outdoor water I won't go near.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#33 2016-08-13 21:33:37

skullz17

I'm a little scared of flying insects. I'm okay with small insects and butterflies. I'm a little wary around bees but I can bear being near them. If there's a wasp then I'm gonna run. Flies are usually no problem, but really fat ones are a kind of scary and I don't like going near them (scariness is a little lower than moths, but my behaviour towards them is pretty much the same). Moths are the main ones that annoy me since they're common, but they're not too scary (however the big ones are my worst nightmare they're so frickin ugly how do they live with themselves). I just keep my distance from them and constantly watch them, unless I'm distracted with something else. If I'm distracted then I'm able to just ignore them. And then daddy long legs (dunno the proper name, if there is one) are probably the most scary for me. Again, I have to avoid them but the distance I keep is much larger than the distance I keep from moths. They are also a lot more difficult to ignore than moths.

I'm sort of scared of spiders, but only big ones with thick legs. Those ones you often find with long thin legs are not scary to be around, but I wouldn't want one crawling towards me. The big ones you get with thick legs are the ones that I need to monitor constantly until someone removes it for me.

I used to be scared of the dark, but I got over that when I was young. When you're scared of the dark, it's scary because you don't know what's there. And you think anything can happen, and that creates paranoia. The only circumstance for me when darkness would be scary, is when I truly do not know much about my surroundings. In my own house, the reason why darkness isn't scary is because I put confidence in myself because I know where everything is. It's a lovely feeling to be aware of your surroundings without having to use your eyes, but it requires trust. This is the mentality you should have after getting over the fear of darkness, but I don't think telling this to someone who is scared of the dark would help them. My best advice is simply to face your fears and try not to panic.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#34 2016-08-13 22:04:56

Corysut

All very interesting story's //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

boiJexr.png?1

#35 2016-08-13 22:12:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Zoey2070 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

it was awful

cant you just like

dude... but what if it turns on again? then there'd be no cause and that's EVEN WORSE than it just randomly turning on while plugged in

physically theres NO way it will turn on if you plug it out unless it has a backup power source

i8SwC8p.png

#36 2016-08-13 23:15:55

hummerz5

maxi123 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

it was awful

cant you just like

physically theres NO way it will turn on if you plug it out unless it has a backup power source

please note that your current attempt to rationalize away a person's fears is somewhat like this:

A phobia is an irrational fear, right? So you can't rationalize it away.

#37 2016-08-14 01:55:47

Abelysk

Fear of heights, burglars, spiders, hornets, swimming/bodies of water, and the number 911.

#38 2016-08-14 02:07:08

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

hummerz5 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

it was awful

cant you just like

please note that your current attempt to rationalize away a person's fears is somewhat like this:

well tru dat

STOP IT ZOEY

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#39 2016-08-14 17:06:18

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and the like. Sure, the rest of you may be scared of them, but when I see one of those flying nightmares I FREAK THE HELL OUT. Can't handle 'em.
Spiders are 'aight, horseflies are fine, but if there is a body of water nearby and I see a wasp, I'll likely jump in, so long as I don't NEED dry clothes.

I also used to be terrified of public speaking, but then I joined a ceremony team for ceremonies crossing cub scouts into boy scouts. We had fun.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#40 2016-08-14 17:12:28

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

jkdrip wrote:

Bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and the like. Sure, the rest of you may be scared of them, but when I see one of those flying nightmares I FREAK THE HELL OUT. Can't handle 'em.
Spiders are 'aight, horseflies are fine, but if there is a body of water nearby and I see a wasp, I'll likely jump in, so long as I don't NEED dry clothes.

What do you have against bees? ): I understand all the others but bees are so cute and they have such an important role in nature and they won't hurt u unless u bully them :/

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (2)

#41 2016-08-14 17:14:59

Kira

No offense but screw bees

#42 2016-08-14 17:24:47

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

BuzzerBee wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

What do you have against bees? ): I understand all the others but bees are so cute and they have such an important role in nature and they won't hurt u unless u bully them :/

im always afraid that stinging me is nearby bee's top priority task
although ive never been stung i think it pains a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

i8SwC8p.png

#43 2016-08-14 17:28:14

Jorc

maxi123 wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

although ive never been stung i think it pains a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Also one bee was on my fish when we are fishing. But bee is still stay here, so i'm doing to get out bee of fishs.
And it stung me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad  It was so painful...

I think bee is NOU.

#44 2016-08-14 17:32:06

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

BuzzerBee wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

I have no idea, I've had that phobia for long as I remember though. I do recognize we need bees, but it's not like I can get close enough to any of them to kill 'em anyways.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by:

#45 2016-08-14 17:37:10

XxAtillaxX

I have a phobia of surgery. I don't want my insides played around with, and additionally not by an idiotic surgeon.
Would you let Ben Carson operate on you? I wouldn't.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#46 2016-08-14 17:51:55

hummerz5

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I have a phobia of surgery. I don't want my insides played around with, and additionally not by an idiotic surgeon.

Does it bother you more that nine times out of ten you aren't conscious while they play with your insides?

#47 2016-08-14 19:13:45

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

hummerz5 wrote:

this is tru
i once knew a dude afraid of ladybugs, like, legitimately would scream. one of our classrooms would have a ton of them crawling on the walls. even though i told him multiple times that they were actually japanese beetles and not true lady bugs, he wouldn't listen. just keep taking off his shoe and smashing it against the wall.

#48 2016-08-14 19:15:32

Koya
Fabulous Member

Zoey2070 wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

this is tru
i once knew a dude afraid of ladybugs, like, legitimately would scream. one of our classrooms would have a ton of them crawling on the walls. even though i told him multiple times that they were actually japanese beetles and not true lady bugs, he wouldn't listen. just keep taking off his shoe and smashing it against the wall.

Afraid/dislike of any other insects?

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#49 2016-08-14 20:50:48

Different55
Forum Admin

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Had this for a while but after like 10 of them it went away. When I was little though I was basically rabid when it was time for surgery.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#50 2016-08-14 20:55:14

Emma333

maxi123 wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

I think most people afraid of bees have never been stung, they don't know how painful it is so they expect the worst. While in reality it doesn't hurt that much at all. I've been stung 3 times and I still like having them walk on my hands.

Pm me with anything math related please

Anch1471625862619933

Board footer