Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-07-31 20:19:49, last edited by Michele (2016-07-31 20:20:37)

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Re: demod zoey

What a pointless thread.
That's why I told you to not listen or feed Bimps.
There is no reason to demod Zoey and I mean, Zoey should NOT be demodded. She was doing things that way in a right time, so therefore it's a useless complain thread. End of the line.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#52 2016-07-31 20:20:50

capasha

Processor wrote:
Zumza wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

mordlex21 was 100% an alt; there was no ee user with that username in addition to the fact that it was a VPN. kira was impersonating someone else's alt, and admitted to doing so afterwards.

Why there has to be an EE user with that username? It is forbidden to someone who doesn't play EE to join EE Forums community?

Yes, we don't want to pay hosting for those who don't even play our games and therefore not generate any revenue for us!

Zumza wrote:

And if it was a VPN whats the problem? It is not rightful to ban people just because they want to keep their informations private...

Whats the problem if we don't want anonymous users in our forums?

Some people just want privacy. Then that you love to give all your information to people. That's you.
I use VPN, not to go around bans. I just don't want to give everyone my information. But if there going to be a rule about VPN on the forums, then I need to quit.

#53 2016-07-31 20:23:43

Processor

capasha wrote:

I use VPN, not to go around bans. I just don't want to give everyone my information. But if there going to be a rule about VPN on the forums, then I need to quit.

If you are going to create new alts with VPNs to post on the forums, we are going to ban those alts.
You are however free to use VPNs on your account to post at any time, or use a VPN to view the forums at any time.

We are unable to prevent ban evasion and allow people to post on anonymous alts at the same time.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#54 2016-07-31 20:29:13

Zumza

Processor wrote:
Zumza wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

mordlex21 was 100% an alt; there was no ee user with that username in addition to the fact that it was a VPN. kira was impersonating someone else's alt, and admitted to doing so afterwards.

Why there has to be an EE user with that username? It is forbidden to someone who doesn't play EE to join EE Forums community?

Yes, we don't want to pay hosting for those who don't even play our games and therefore not generate any revenue for us!

Everybody Edits Pay To Edit
I'm sure this rebranding will help your budget...
If EE Forums couldn't remain a free community then you shouldn't steal it back from the previous owners in the first place.

Processor wrote:
Zumza wrote:

And if it was a VPN whats the problem? It is not rightful to ban people just because they want to keep their informations private...

Whats the problem if we don't want anonymous users posting in our forums?

If you really want EE to be a merchandiser-client game, then learn to be a good merchandiser...
And a good merchandiser motto is "our client is our master".

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#55 2016-07-31 20:56:09

Xfrogman43

Michele wrote:

What a pointless thread.
That's why I told you to not listen or feed Bimps.
There is no reason to demod Zoey and I mean, Zoey should NOT be demodded. She was doing things that way in a right time, so therefore it's a useless complain thread. End of the line.

She's not demodded!!!!!!!!

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#56 2016-07-31 20:58:47

Different55
Forum Admin

capasha wrote:
Processor wrote:
Zumza wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Zumza wrote:

Whats the problem if we don't want anonymous users in our forums?

Some people just want privacy. Then that you love to give all your information to people. That's you.

The "rule" is that we don't allow people to register through VPNs or Tor or open proxies. People are welcome to browse and participate on the forums with those services after they have registered.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#57 2016-07-31 21:36:54

Zumza

Different55 wrote:

The "rule" is that we don't allow people to register through VPNs or Tor or open proxies. People are welcome to browse and participate on the forums with those services after they have registered.

But you just can't take that as an argument. By your statement you imply that users aren't allowed to make an account from a public network. That means anybody who decides to make an account from school will get automatically a ban. I think thats just draconic. Do you even know how many of us did that? Do you know how many people discovered EE and the EE Forums this way?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#58 2016-07-31 22:43:55

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Different55 wrote:

But you just can't take that as an argument. By your statement you imply that users aren't allowed to make an account from a public network. That means anybody who decides to make an account from school will get automatically a ban. I think thats just draconic. Do you even know how many of us did that? Do you know how many people discovered EE and the EE Forums this way?

Public networks are fine, I don't know how you pulled that out of what I said. Services whose purpose is to allow users to hide their real IP aren't. And again, you're free to use those services once you've registered.

- ShinsukeIto

#59 2016-07-31 23:30:59

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

its your anthem, guys.

#60 2016-07-31 23:52:28

Bimps

Processor wrote:

you do realize that like 50% of the forums/irc dont play ee?

Wooted by: (4)

#61 2016-08-02 22:04:24

Bimps

so uh while i was at marching band there was a raid of **** i guess. kas made a topic warning people not to open anything because of the raid. he posted on it 15+ times to keep it from sinking to the bottom because of the spambot. and uh zoey got so triggered that proc didnt warn kas that she wants to be demodded

clp clp clp

#62 2016-08-02 22:56:58

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Bimps wrote:

so uh while i was at marching band there was a raid of **** i guess. kas made a topic warning people not to open anything because of the raid. he posted on it 15+ times to keep it from sinking to the bottom because of the spambot. and uh zoey got so triggered that proc didnt warn kas that she wants to be demodded

clp clp clp

why wouldnt kas just report the topic instead of spamming -bump-
why wouldnt proc warn/ban kas for that
why would zoey request demodding herself for that
w h a t

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#63 2016-08-02 23:03:14

Schlog

maxi123 wrote:
Bimps wrote:

clp clp clp

why wouldnt kas just report the topic instead of spamming -bump-
why wouldnt proc warn/ban kas for that
why would zoey request demodding herself for that
w h a t

there were hundreds of topics of **** and kaslai was keeping his warning topic at the top by spamming it
kaslai broke the rules but had an excellent reason in doing so
zoey is a scrub

#64 2016-08-03 02:48:33

Xfrogman43

WHy can't this just be locked already?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#65 2016-08-03 02:59:14

Schlog

Xfrogman43 wrote:

WHy can't this just be locked already?

because zoey isn't demodded

Wooted by:

#66 2016-08-05 21:30:52, last edited by Schlog (2016-08-05 21:35:56)

Schlog

hi i'm schlog and i'd like to add that zoey appears to have manipulated processor into doing what she wanted even though proc already made a decision
this decision was to not warn kaslai for that topic he posted 15x in a row in because he was warning people not to open anything due to explicit imagery in every single topic so he got spared but zoey got mad that proc did this and complained until he gave up
admin > moderator
when has this not applied

also here's an image http://prntscr.com/c244qi the name security camera is just a script kaslai made don't worry about it

#67 2016-08-05 21:44:09

hummerz5

Hey ninja how's it going

I think the general trend that's appearing is the idea that nothing is set in stone. People can change their minds, etc.

Moreover, the biggest flaw in your logic I find is this:
You say: admin > moderator; therefore, moderators should not override admin decisions.
A resulting corollary is: moderator > user; therefore, users should not override moderator decisions.

You can make exceptions for either part of these two arguments. However, in so doing, you accept that such exceptions must apply similarly for the other.

#68 2016-08-05 21:45:36

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Yeah I'm done even trying. I'm going to hop on the remove Zoey memewagon.

#69 2016-08-05 21:48:05

Schlog

hummerz5 wrote:

Hey ninja how's it going

I think the general trend that's appearing is the idea that nothing is set in stone. People can change their minds, etc.

Moreover, the biggest flaw in your logic I find is this:
You say: admin > moderator; therefore, moderators should not override admin decisions.
A resulting corollary is: moderator > user; therefore, users should not override moderator decisions.

You can make exceptions for either part of these two arguments. However, in so doing, you accept that such exceptions must apply similarly for the other.

man my point was that zoey manipulated someone of higher power into doing what she wanted and that's bad

#70 2016-08-05 21:54:10

Different55
Forum Admin

Removed the warning because yeah that is a retarded warning. Letter of the law vs spirit of the law kind of thing I guess?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#71 2016-08-05 22:05:43

Kira

"Retarded warning" No, you can't say that everytime Zoey does something bad, we can give her 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 chances, over that you're clearly taking the community for a fool when you try to hide her mistakes every single times.
Zoey could've been demoted a long time ago but she clearly has a talent in manipulating others mind.
She's not fit to be a moderator, her past mistakes proves it very well and action should be taken.

#72 2016-08-05 22:17:11

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

hi ok here's the entire conversation me and proc had minus a few lines

Hidden text

tl;dr: rules are rules, i don't really care about intent sry

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#73 2016-08-05 22:20:11, last edited by Schlog (2016-08-05 22:20:41)

Schlog

tl;dr: proc is an admin, you're a mod, he can do whatever the hell he wants without you having a say
also i'm schlog hi

#74 2016-08-05 22:28:58

Bobithan

that's irrelevant. we're allowed to discuss how to handle certain situations with the admins and we're allowed to disagree and possibly change their mind about things. we're a team of ppl who look at different situations in different ways and just because somebody has a red name doesn't mean us green names are utterly powerless.

if you're going by that logic, hummerz is right. we just shouldn't listen to your opinion because the hierarchy of correctness is admin > mod > user. but it isn't that way because decisions aren't always cut and dry.

i don't really have a position on the warning itself but the point you're bringing up against zoey is pretty dumb. since i'm not proc's significant other, if i argued with him over the warning and got him to change his mind, would you freak out about it? i really honestly don't think so, but who am i to say what decisions you make in your free time. we're all equals here when it comes to opinion

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#75 2016-08-05 22:34:10

Schlog

to answer your question, yes i would freak out and argue about it and probably try to get you demodded because you're slowly getting worse and that's how it works around here bro

let's ignore that "admin > mod > user" thing because it is stupid and just say that zoey is low trying to manipulate people in a tyrannical way sorta

Different551474836263625082

Board footer