Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-06-21 17:58:26

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: School.

But as for everyone who isn't a complete nerd, they should hneed to go to school. There's WAY too many idiots around.

suddenly random sig change

#27 2016-06-21 17:59:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

12345678908642 wrote:

But as for everyone who isn't a complete nerd, they should hneed to go to school. There's WAY too many idiots around.

That's why you need to fill your mind with propaganda in public schools https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#28 2016-06-21 18:18:16

Pingohits
Banned

N1KF wrote:

That's why you need to fill your mind with propaganda in public schools https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

oh no

no no no no no n1kf i thought you were better than this oh no

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#29 2016-06-21 19:36:44

Prodigy

Without schools there would be no Internet to discover. No Forums, games, science, math, and you wouldn't even know how to read the sentence I just typed.

h0qIF0q.png

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2016-06-21 20:42:25, last edited by Kira (2016-06-21 20:42:35)

Kira

Prodigy wrote:

Without schools there would be no Internet to discover. No Forums, games, science, math, and you wouldn't even know how to read the sentence I just typed.

Frankly, how can you prove that?

#31 2016-06-21 21:53:52

Prodigy

Kira wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

Well, We would just be like the "cave[wo]men." There would be like 1 language to speak, if we can even understand. Without school we would just be dull. We could try to teach ourselves but we need more experienced people to do that for us.

h0qIF0q.png

#32 2016-06-21 22:37:15

hummerz5

Kira wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

Well, we can't prove anything. But I suppose we could reason a few events. Public schooling, for example, levels the playing field for the masses. (At least, it tries to, but let's pretend all schools are adequate)

Looking into the past:
If we didn't have school (that is, public school) then these masses wouldn't be able to get educated jobs. It'd all be blue-collar. Internet is based on many years of white-collar jobs in the fields of things like computers and math and all that theory junk that blue-collar folk just don't have time for. (Or the knowledge for). Without as large of a pool to find potential white-collar workers, I'd imagine you would take many orders of magnitude [more years] to actually get a computer system going. That's assuming the rich and privileged who have private schooling actually care to develop the system. They're not success or profit-driven in that field; they're already rich, right? So double the magnitude.

Looking into the future:
The internet would certainly cease to exist in a future where we didn't keep up with white-collar workers. It takes many servers in many places to keep services running. Many people have to occasionally pluck moths out of computer cooling fans. Again, the rich and educated surely don't have time for that, and certainly not on such a large scale. The system would take a tumble and fall. But if you keep educating people (maybe not public education, but some form of school which you seem to want to get rid of) then you might keep a steady stream of web developers to keep things rolling smoothly.

Prodigy seems to take this to an extreme. Sociologically, we humans cannot survive without working together to live. You take a newborn and give it food and water? Nothing else? It'll die. (can't cite my source, but good lord let's be frank)
School, obviously, isn't the same as nurturing a newborn. However, what separates us from other animals, besides a clear requirement on early development, is the ability to communicate. What's the best way to get information across? What's the best time of an individual's life to cram that information in? Ergo, our schooling system.

Prodigy, your analysis is a bit off. We wouldn't have "like one language to speak." Keep in mind that we have such a diverse pool of languages because of how times used to be: limited schooling, large areas to cover. Schooling is more of a way of society trying to make learning more efficient. But, you can't completely discredit the benefit of learning as you go. We learn to speak (right?) before formal schooling begins. I personally note that my speaking ability matches my parents' and others theirs'. Point being, school isn't required for survival, or being a caveperson. We can get along, but we lose other benefits.

12345678908642 wrote:

I disagree. You can become relatively adept at your favorite area of expertise on your own, perhaps. But focusing like that at an early age is certainly detrimental. You couldn't skip kindergarten (year 1?) classes because you loved to read Clifford the Big Red Dog. You're nerding out, yes! You're expanding your vocabulary? Learning to cooperate with others? Learning basic maths? No!

N1KF wrote:

That's why you need to fill your mind with propaganda in public schools cm68

Very true. But, since you have to go to school anyway, try this: learn as much as you can. Then, when it's time for you to make your own decisions, see through the propaganda amazing

if you are taking this seriously, please google to learn more about the functions. It's actually important enough that my sociology book took a whole chapter out for it. great stuff. (ok kinda dry but eh)

lol wall of text

Wooted by: (3)

#33 2016-06-22 00:23:41, last edited by Anch (2016-06-22 00:23:52)

Anch

I like school but a few students make it unpleasant.
(Also the cafeteria in my school is really disgusting and I'm always uncomfortable there so I can never enjoy a meal.)

Wooted by:

#34 2016-06-23 12:49:30

jbbill

School to destroy or not to destroy?:P
Main thing that children hate:
Way of schooling:Most schools out there don't let us do practicals don't let us do things ourselves no creativity no fun no instinct nothing. Wrote memorization is not fun. Albert einstein said  “It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom. Without this,it goes to wrack and ruin without fail.” (fav this quote tbh) also (RIP IN PEPPERONI:lol::lol::lol:)

Homework: mind numbing endless repetitive homework which you've done in the class. It's like having to do sqr roots of 100 sums without a calculator accurate to 3rd decimal over and over mind-numbing no point want to run want to die stop the sums anything just stop the sums(kinda like dat) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad:(

Besides unfair teachers and above nothing wrong.

MCUtZoK.png
Made by HG //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile(and avatar)

#35 2016-06-23 13:30:28

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

well i mostly hated school because of amount of retards and idiots in it
teachers are mostly fine here
also the amount of h/w is overwhelming sometimes but usually its easyyyyyy for me

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#36 2016-06-23 20:04:13

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I never got much homework, and it was never more than 4-5 questions on each thing (except the review stuff at the start of the year).

suddenly random sig change

#37 2016-06-24 02:17:24

iPwner
Website

Gamemonger wrote:
Kira wrote:
Gamemonger wrote:
Kira wrote:
Gamemonger wrote:

ha what are you a nERD

half of the childrens in this planet doesn't have school access, we should thanks them to let us go to school instead of complaining, but it seems like you still need to go to school to understand that :^)

ouch looks like the weeb is trying to roast me
using :^) too no get out my of my house that's my meme kid
sorry this internet mini e-feud is over i mean you're french so you'd just surrender automatically

1st grade roast here, weak :^)

not as weak as ur mum losser

Ja, Ja, Ja Ja Ja! Es so FAAAAAnni. Internet trol! loll!

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#38 2016-06-24 10:33:00

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

iPwner vs gamemonger go

i8SwC8p.png

#39 2016-06-24 14:29:05

Insanity

school is literally vital to a progressive society lol

this isn't even an argument

if i had a choice between keeping my right hand or getting an education id lose the hand

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (2)

#40 2016-06-24 16:35:41

Gosha

Insanity wrote:

school is literally vital to a progressive society lol

this isn't even an argument

if i had a choice between keeping my right hand or getting an education id lose the hand

Rip **** ****

Wooted by:

#41 2016-06-24 17:08:41

Anatoly

I just hate school because of worse children who don't knwo anything. Then it gets boring, and you start thinking why you are still alive.

#42 2016-06-24 17:52:19

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Well I think school should stay as it is a good thing for life and us younger kids because now it is simply a stepping stone of life and we need it to get up, maybe fall down, but we would get back up with all the obstacles in our way.

#43 2016-06-24 19:06:33

Gosha

AnatolyEE wrote:

I just hate school because of worse children who don't knwo anything. Then it gets boring, and you start thinking why you are still alive.

School gives you basic info about everything

*why schould YOU hate school if SOMEBODY influence you to do it
It's your choice : hate it or not, but don't listen to anybody
*you think there are bad guys in school and what's why you hate it? Well, I want to tell you that there are a lot of lot of bad people in LIFE and if you can't control your feelings in school - you gonna hate life aswell

If only I knew English very well......

#44 2016-06-24 19:18:59

skullz17

Can we address the fact that anatoly gets bullied and he just said he's questioning why he's alive?

Anatoly, I'm sure your teachers do care, they just don't understand the problem properly. You need to explain fully what is happening to you and how you feel. Also, have you told your parents?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#45 2016-06-24 19:45:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

skullz17 wrote:

Can we address the fact that anatoly gets bullied and he just said he's questioning why he's alive?

Anatoly, I'm sure your teachers do care, they just don't understand the problem properly. You need to explain fully what is happening to you and how you feel. Also, have you told your parents?

believe me, if those idiots in school will find out that you told your parents, your reputation (or the remains of it) will be wrecked to pieces and it will be just worse
im not saying you shouldnt talk to your parents but it has to be done properly

i8SwC8p.png

#46 2016-06-24 20:05:56

sthegreat

anyways school is 100% necessary
if you want to make a dent, be remembered, or even achieve simple things, school is definitely a good idea
if your school is full of idiots try to see if you can:

-skip a grade
-do higher classes
-change schools

if you are unable to, try to find the least stupid people and be friends with them, i do not have much experience with bullies but it seems like they are cowards who go for low hanging fruit, so if you are being bullied or something get some people to help out and they should leave you alone

user.php?id=sthegreat

#47 2016-06-24 20:12:27

skullz17

maxi123 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

believe me, if those idiots in school will find out that you told your parents, your reputation (or the remains of it) will be wrecked to pieces and it will be just worse
im not saying you shouldnt talk to your parents but it has to be done properly

You're probably right. I don't really know much about these things, I just wanted to shift the discussion towards helping anatoly rather than telling him how he should feel about school.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#48 2016-06-25 07:24:19

Gosha

sthegreat wrote:

anyways school is 100% necessary
if you want to make a dent, be remembered, or even achieve simple things, school is definitely a good idea
if your school is full of idiots try to see if you can:

-skip a grade
-do higher classes
-change schools

if you are unable to, try to find the least stupid people and be friends with them, i do not have much experience with bullies but it seems like they are cowards who go for low hanging fruit, so if you are being bullied or something get some people to help out and they should leave you alone

If you can't beat them - join them?

#49 2017-02-21 05:57:17

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Okay I'm finally making a serious response here.

School seems...off. Like, a group of children lined up in a room repeating tests repeatedly for several hours a day. Most interactions in society make some sort of sense. For jobs, you get paid by either you customers or your boss for doing your work. It's a fair trade. Meanwhile, you don't have that with public schooling. What trade is there? Learning things that may potentially be useless because society tells you to? School encourages conformity. You have many people doing the same things, in a one-size-fits-all testy thingy. If you don't fit in, you fail and get bad grades! Or, at least that's what I understand from it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Since I'm blabbering from my own mind like I usually do let's take a look at an actual source I've conveniently kept in my bookmarks for a while.

Peter Gray, Ph.D wrote:
  • A large-scale study involving hundreds of students from many school districts, using an experience sampling method, revealed that students were less happy in school than in any other setting in which they regularly found themselves.

• Verbal abuse from teachers is a common occurrence. In one survey, for example, 64 percent of middle school students reported experiencing stress symptoms because of verbal abuse from teachers. Another study revealed that nearly 30 percent of boys were verbally abused by teachers in kindergarten, and the abuse increased in years after that. Surveys of adults indicate that between 50 percent and 60 percent of them recall school-related experiences that, in their view, were psychologically traumatic.

• In a study in which 150 college students were asked to described the two most negative experiences in their lives—experiences that negatively affected their development—by far the most common reports (28 percent of the total) were of traumatic interactions with school teachers. In a study in which adults were interviewed to find out about positive, peak learning experiences occurring in their schooling, few could recall such experiences, but many recalled negative experiences, which interfered with rather than supported their development.

• Hair cortisol levels in young children were found to be significantly higher in samples taken two months after starting elementary school than in samples taken two months prior to starting elementary school. Hair cortisol level is reflective of chronic stress, the sort of stress that can seriously impair physical growth and health.

• A large-scale national survey conducted by the American Psychological Association (reported here) revealed that U.S. teenagers feel more stressed-out than do adults and that school is by far the main cause of their stress (noted by 83 percent of the sample). In the same study, 27 percent of teens reported experiencing “extreme stress” during the school year, compared to 13 percent reporting that during the summer.

• The rate of emergency mental health visits leading to at least one overnight stay (the sort of visits that derive from serious breakdowns or attempted suicide) at a children’s medical center was found to be more than twice as high during school months as compared to summer vacation months (here).

To this add the sheer amount of children’s and teenagers’ time that is wasted by the school system. If you don’t believe it ask the principal of your local school for permission to “shadow” a student for a day—that is, spend the whole school day doing just what the student is required to do. All the adults I know who have done that—including a number of teachers—were shocked at the tedium, the time wasted, during which they were not free to occupy themselves with anything of their own choosing. None of them wanted to do it for a second day. Believe me, children and teens have no more tolerance for tedium than do adults; they just have no choice in the matter.

#50 2017-02-21 08:43:13

Abelysk

School educates people for the workforce. People work to feed the system. The system feeds us. School could be seen as "training" to improve one's quality so that they can fit into the system. It's all a cycle.

Then you have those who are able to exploit -- singers, actors, inventors. How do they exploit? By becoming a system for others e.g. entertainment.

Wow ive gotten a bit off topic

Nebula1503238574673981

Board footer