Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-30 12:14:15

Onjit
Website

Mafia 9 Game Thread (MAFIA + MAXI WIN!!!)

The important differences between this game and previous ones are listed in the signup thread. I'm lazy so I copypasted Rhaz's rule list.

1. All forum rules apply, however spam and multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue, but don't push it.

2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted. No exceptions.

3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.

4. Do not quote someone else's post and edit for misleading purposes.

5. You must stay active and contribute to discussion to stay in the game. If you stay inactive too long, you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours. Earning more than one prod will result in you being replaced or modkilled.

6. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.

7. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

8. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.

9. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.

10. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.

11. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.

12. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

:.|:;

#2 2016-06-01 04:22:29

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 9 Game Thread (MAFIA + MAXI WIN!!!)

I mean like he's not wrong. Last game you guys went after him for everything. It was hilarious to watch though.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2016-06-01 22:18:18

Different55
Forum Admin

Bimps wrote:

marco... you are actually retarded. YOU DONT CLAIM POWERROLES D1

IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY VIG THEN YOU ARE SUCH A POS, MAF WILL KILL YOU

gg maf wins if marco is actual vig

Bimps wrote:

...you are vig?

are you **** serious? vig is the most important town role. without it, we only have lynches to rely on killing maf. marco you better be joking

Bimps wrote:

i
im speechless
marco... please dont tell me you are actually vig.

Hey hi I was just wondering how many of these posts you were planning on making thank you have a nice day

- ShinsukeIto

#4 2016-06-02 00:28:20

Different55
Forum Admin

maxi123 wrote:
Onjit wrote:

[4] Jawapa: Kirby, Bimps, Kubapolish, Zumza

tmw 4 people "jokingly" voted jawapa because he "jokingly" claimed mafia
tmw the whole thing turned into anarchy because of quote marks
tmw vig roleclaims d1
well at least funposting period is over i guess

anyone noticed kingfdamt's lurking?

Is he lurking or just dead?

- ShinsukeIto

#5 2016-06-02 03:50:58

Different55
Forum Admin

JaWapa wrote:

Why is Bimps trying so hard to get me lynched?

I call **** on him not reading his role. I think he's mafia, and he's trying to get me lynched D1, and cover it up with "he's **** me off".

But why would he specifically target you though? It's not like you're cop again. Even if he is mafia he's probably not lying about his reasons for going after you specifically.

- ShinsukeIto

#6 2016-06-02 13:58:13

Different55
Forum Admin

Maybe this is a game where everyone's a vig.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2016-06-02 20:39:57

Different55
Forum Admin

Pyromaniac wrote:

Ok so I guess maxi/EB is right. We can just have maxi shoot smitty or vice versa. Whichever one of you is actually vig just get the other one.

Okay but what if there's legit multiple vigilantes and these two end up shooting each other?

- ShinsukeIto

#8 2016-06-03 00:03:44

Different55
Forum Admin

Pyromaniac wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

Ok so I guess maxi/EB is right. We can just have maxi shoot smitty or vice versa. Whichever one of you is actually vig just get the other one.

Okay but what if there's legit multiple vigilantes and these two end up shooting each other?

So are you saying we should lynch one of them?

No, I'm asking what if there were multiple vigs in the game. If they end up shooting each other we're significantly more screwed than we are right now. It's early in the game so it wouldn't be a total death sentence, but assuming a worst case scenario here, if they shoot each other because they think the other is lying, and the mafia kill another townie at random then we're out three townies D2. I don't think they're both vigilantes, or at least not both the kind of regular vigilante you see in every game. But I don't think they would claim vigilante unless they had the ability to kill.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#9 2016-06-03 00:05:04

Different55
Forum Admin

Different55 wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

So are you saying we should lynch one of them?

No, I'm asking what if there were multiple vigs in the game. If they end up shooting each other we're significantly more screwed than we are right now. It's early in the game so it wouldn't be a total death sentence, but assuming a worst case scenario here, if they shoot each other because they think the other is lying, and the mafia kill another townie at random then we're out three townies D2. I don't think they're both vigilantes, or at least not both the kind of regular vigilante you see in every game. But I don't think they would claim vigilante unless they had the ability to kill.

should be "if they shoot each other because they think the other is lying, and the mafia kill another townie at random instead of going after one of the vigs"

- ShinsukeIto

#10 2016-06-03 23:01:59

Different55
Forum Admin

Bobithan wrote:

i think it's funny how jawapa made a joke claim that went pretty far with the votes against him, and all of those people still haven't taken their votes off even after people have pointed out that they are all dumb. i think there's a good possibility that mafia lurks in those votes (kuba, kirby, zumza, bimps)

Hey guys how's it going just wanted to say I think Bobithan's onto something here. Last game mafia (calicara, anyway) kept pushing super hard for the existence of a godfather after everyone else had decided that it didn't exist, just thought that maybe the same thing was happening here.
If they not only haven't removed their votes but haven't switched their votes over to bimps it could mean both that some of them are scum and are still pushing for a bad lynch, and it could mean that they're trying to protect Bimps from being lynched. Not that either makes a whole lot of sense. Obviously they aren't all mafia, 4's too many of them. But I think maybe we should look at the 3-4th people who voted for jawapa, the people who voted for it after it was clear a bandwagon was starting, even though it was a joke. I'm going to do that as well as trying to read a few people and report back in a few hours when I get home.

For now I'm going to vote for Bimps. He claimed citizen which doesn't really require any proof at all all and has been playing really badly although idk that is kind of his thing.

!vote Bimps
Sorry bimps bby

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#11 2016-06-05 15:44:08

Different55
Forum Admin

How many vanilla citizens are in this game?

- ShinsukeIto

#12 2016-06-06 03:33:10

Different55
Forum Admin

JaWapa why it's only D2 you could at least anonymize your post a bit and wait til you actually get some results to share with us before you go killing yourself holy crap

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#13 2016-06-06 18:14:30

Different55
Forum Admin

Reading back through the topic, I'm a little suspicious of Zumza, Kirby, Kuba, and Luka.
Zumza has hardly contributed to the game at all. Seriously, his posts are like 80% funposting. I mean there's a lot of it going around this game but Zumza here's pretty much always been in the middle of it. He's also been acting really sketchy all D2, especially around Smitty. It's obvious that he's fishing for something, but he doesn't seem in a hurry to say what. I think it's safe to say that he has a power role, and that he used it on Smitty. I have no idea why, I definitely think AlphaJon was right when he said that Smitty is a citizen who was trying to act as a meat shield for marco yesterday. Either that or he's a jester. Nothing else makes sense the way he was basically trying to get himself killed yesterday.

I just get the feeling Kirby is acting like he has no idea what he's doing so nobody pays attention to him. It's probably nothing, but he's also been super quick to vote JaWapa every time it came up. I don't think he's made a single serious post yet.

Kuba has only made 3 posts, none of which contribute even slightly to the game. Seems like he's doing the absolute bare minimum to not get kicked for inactivity. I don't like it.

Luka seems generally scummy to me. He's not as inactive as the others, and he doesn't funpost as much. But he seems to be trying to push the game in his own direction. Yesterday he seemed way too dead set on JaWapa absolutely NOT being mafia. His reasoning behind it (If JaWapa were mafia, then we would know because Onjit would step in for gamethrowing and blacklist him) seems way too flimsy. Why would Onjit step in if a mafia claimed their role? That would just be confirming the claim, which would do actual damage. It kind of reminds me about Calicara last game when she was so adamant about there being a GF role despite the entire town having thrown the idea out. That said, last game he was just as stubborn, it could be he's just that kind of guy. Even if it's just him and not scumminess, I wouldn't put too much into what he says. He was wrong about pretty much everyone he tried to have lynched last game.

Ultimately, I'm going to vote for Kubapolish. It's a toss up between him and Luka, but since Luka's acting more or less the same as he was last game I'm going to leave him alone for now.

!vote Kubapolish

- ShinsukeIto

#14 2016-06-06 21:28:44

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Reading back through the topic, I'm a little suspicious of Zumza, Kirby, Kuba, and Luka.
Zumza has hardly contributed to the game at all. Seriously, his posts are like 80% funposting. I mean there's a lot of it going around this game but Zumza here's pretty much always been in the middle of it. He's also been acting really sketchy all D2, especially around Smitty. It's obvious that he's fishing for something, but he doesn't seem in a hurry to say what. I think it's safe to say that he has a power role, and that he used it on Smitty. I have no idea why, I definitely think AlphaJon was right when he said that Smitty is a citizen who was trying to act as a meat shield for marco yesterday. Either that or he's a jester. Nothing else makes sense the way he was basically trying to get himself killed yesterday.

I think just 10 of 25 posts are irrelevant. That is 100 * 10 / 25 which is 40%. You put double 80%?

I didn't actually count, I was just saying that a lot of your posts seem unhelpful.

As for SmittyW, he is the person I want lynched. *the end

He's either mafia (in which case claiming vig would be harmless no matter what, but doesn't really make sense since it would set the town against you once they found out), a jester (makes sense), or a totally vanilla citizen who's trying to be a meat shield (makes sense, and apparently this wouldn't be the first time he's done it).

And if you really want to know my power role is: my logic.
Also if you just thought about the idea I investigated SmittyW and got a red result why not you just vote as I did?

I don't think you're an investigative role, I just think you have a power role which is why you keep fishing by asking Smitty how his night went. Where did I even suggest that you were an investigator role?

Kirby wrote:

My second vote on Jawapa wasn't really a joke despite the multiple !'s. I feel like him trying to get himself killed instead of going for a replacement is a bit suspicious.

Also as for me playing dumb, it's my first actual maf game Lol. I'm tryin. It's not playing dumb, it's just being dumb.

Or is that just what you want us to think??

Zumza wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

I'm assuming your goal is get smitty killed this game?

Believe me if I could kill we wouldn't have this conversation.

He said maybe your goal was to get smitty killed, not to kill him yourself.

Zumza wrote:

]That would make sense but I doubt we have neutral roles.

We do, I'm one of them. Don't have any abilities, yet. And I'd like to keep it that way. If I gain an ability, it's because my win condition has failed.

@Luka For the love of all that is holy please just break up your quotes instead of inserting your own words in bold.

Different55 wrote:

Luka seems generally scummy to me. He's not as inactive as the others, and he doesn't funpost as much. But he seems to be trying to push the game in his own direction. Yesterday he seemed way too dead set on JaWapa absolutely NOT being mafia.
Well sorry i didnt want to lynch a townie. My bad.
Dont get me wrong, if there was actual evidence against Jawapa i would have voted for him. But all you had was him ,,claiming mafia,, and being a ,,jerk,,. Congratz you lynched a townie for 2 reasons that dont even matter.

I'm not after you because you defended Jawapa, I defended him too.

His reasoning behind it (If JaWapa were mafia, then we would know because Onjit would step in for gamethrowing and blacklist him) seems way too flimsy. Why would Onjit step in if a mafia claimed their role? That would just be confirming the claim, which would do actual damage. It kind of reminds me about Calicara last game when she was so adamant about there being a GF role despite the entire town having thrown the idea out. That said, last game he was just as stubborn, it could be he's just that kind of guy. Even if it's just him and not scumminess, I wouldn't put too much into what he says. He was wrong about pretty much everyone he tried to have lynched last game.
Ok so you are calling me out for defending Jawapa, yet you said a few things defending him yourself Different.
Just plex.

I'm not after you because you defended Jawapa, I defended him too.

Ok so let me get this straight.
You want to lynch me for.....
Defending the Sheriff?
Yes thanks Different thats just perfect.
Lynch me im such obvious mafia.

1. You had no idea he was the sheriff yesterday so don't even try to pull that.
2. I am not after you because you defended Jawapa, I defended him too. Don't put words in my mouth and then disregard my whole post because of it.
3. I AM after you because you used flimsy reasoning to defend Jawapa when there was no evidence that he should be defended. And on top of giving flimsy reasoning, you were incredibly persistent and stubborn about it, the same way Calicara was persistent and stubborn about the existence of a GF role. She kept on pushing it long after everyone else had tossed it out, and you appeared to be doing the same thing. BUT, like I noted in my post, that doesn't say much about you, because you generally appear to act like that. Last game you were just as stubborn, so this isn't out of character for you at all. That said, just because you're stubborn doesn't mean you were right. You were wrong about all those people you wanted to lynch. I'm not saying you're scum. If anything, you're one of the least suspicious people on my list.

Zumza wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
Zumza wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

I'm assuming your goal is get smitty killed this game?

!unvote
!vote zumza

You'r night result was that I'm not able to kill.
My affirmation above just confirmed you that.
The part where Im mafia is yet ambiguous for me.

Excuse me? He said he didn't get a night result, that doesn't mean that you turned up clean. If anything it means he was roleblocked and his ability failed.

- ShinsukeIto

#15 2016-06-06 21:47:25

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Zumza wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
Zumza wrote:

!unvote
!vote zumza

You'r night result was that I'm not able to kill.
My affirmation above just confirmed you that.
The part where Im mafia is yet ambiguous for me.

Excuse me? He said he didn't get a night result, that doesn't mean that you turned up clean. If anything it means he was role blocked and his ability failed.

JaWapa wrote:

I investigated Zumza because I was torn between him and Kirby.  I fell for kirby's dumb-trip at first, and didn't investigate him. I didn't get any message back from onjit, which means he either doesn't have the ability to kill, or it failed. You pick which one it is.

This is just what JaWapa told.

Cool, I missed that part.
@JaWapa if you didn't get a message I think it's far more likely because it's failed or Onjit forgot than because it returned negative. That just doesn't make any sense.

Different55 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

That would make sense but I doubt we have neutral roles.

We do, I'm one of them. Don't have any abilities, yet. And I'd like to keep it that way. If I gain an ability, it's because my win condition has failed.

Im still not sure if I should trust yet tho. Its no doubt i put both SmittyW and you under the same umbrella.

Hey, I could have kept my alignment to myself and kept on faking as a vanilla citizen. Just giving you a heads up that there is at least one non-mafia, non-town aligned player so you should keep your eyes and mind open for it.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#16 2016-06-06 21:50:43

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Zumza wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Maybe this is a game where everyone's a vig.

This is something I didn't expected. Instead of saying he is not a big Different55 prefers to say that there is a possibility for everybody being an actually vig.

By your just above declaration this quote falls in statements. Things become more clearly.

Indeed now I can take the assumption of Smitty being a neutral role but that doesn't excuse him for the silence.

Holy crap dude that was a joke because like 5 people claimed vig all at once.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2016-06-06 22:05:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Different55 wrote:

How many vanilla citizens are in this game?

I can start find many of your posts correlate, anyways. It doesn't depends what it was.

Asking that because it seemed like there was a retardedly high number of completely powerless vanilla citizens. Every game I've played or spectated before (all 2 of them) was really heavy on power roles. Sort of. First game I got a role that basically gave me immunity from one specific scum and another that let me kill a scum if I was holding one specific item. And I had the ability to talk with one other town aligned person but they were killed pretty soon so there I was all alone with no super useful powers. I actually think I managed to stay alive in that game though.

Point is, not used to having so many vanillanubs in a game.

- ShinsukeIto

#18 2016-06-06 22:09:15

Different55
Forum Admin

Luka504 wrote:

Oh ok different i was so wrong. Let me reword why you want to lynch me:
1. Beacuse i defended Jawapa
2. Beacuse ONE point i made regarding Jawapa was false.
3. ,,Beacuse i was beinging stubborn,,
!vote luka
Damn you caught me.
Im such a mafia.
Plz lynch me zomg im such evil.

I voted for kuba and I even said you're one of the least suspicious people on my list what are you on?
#3 is absolutely correct. Every time I've seen someone being ridiculously stubborn it's either been mafia or just you. If you were anyone else, you would have been several times more suspicious and I probably would have voted for you instead. But no, you have a habit of being stubborn. So while you're not totally off my radar you're definitely on the edge.

- ShinsukeIto

#19 2016-06-06 22:13:45

Different55
Forum Admin

JaWapa wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Onjit forgot

I messaged onjit about not getting any notes on how my NA went. He told me it means he's not guilty, or it failed.

I feel like kirby, Kuba, and Zumza are all guilty.

With Zumza I'm not real sure what he's up to. I think he may have tried to attack Smitty, but someone protected him, or healed him. Smitty needs to tell us if he knows anything.

After smitty tells us what he knows, we should decide which of these three gets lynched.

Wow. That
kind of sucks massively. Like what a dumb way to do night action results. If that's so then I seriously doubt Smitty would know if he were attacked, healed, or anything.

But if you happen to be right and Zumza did attack smitty but smitty was saved, then that means there was an unaccounted-for kill, which is really bad.

- ShinsukeIto

#20 2016-06-06 22:49:25

Different55
Forum Admin

Zumza wrote:
Second Accusation Reference

idk mang that just sounds exactly like what a citizen meatshield or jester would say. "If someone can protect marco none of us have to die, I promise." To me that comes across like someone's last words/wishes. I just can't see sinister intent behind it.

- ShinsukeIto

#21 2016-06-06 22:50:13

Different55
Forum Admin

maxi123 wrote:

well its odd how zumza tried so hard on pushing against smittyw, possibly zumza is executor?
i doubt zumza could be mafia because mafia usually goes for the easiest target (scummiest townie) and not for the one that they tried to kill at night

idk but how hard he's going after smitty is kind of suspicious.

- ShinsukeIto

#22 2016-06-06 23:19:26

Different55
Forum Admin

As far as I'm concerned it's a toss up between the two. If kuba ever shows up to defend himself then maybe I'll hop on over to Kirby if I like what kuba says. For now I'll keep my vote where it is though since there's 330 posts in this thread, only 3 of them belong to Kuba, and none of those are helpful in the slightest.

SmittyW wrote:

Maybe AlphaJon should take Kingfdamt6579's place again.

You'd think he'd have posted at least once since getting his spot back but no he's gone dead again.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2016-06-07 00:04:03

Different55
Forum Admin

You can speak your role, you just can't directly quote it or screenshot it. However just because you speak it doesn't mean anyone has to believe you. You can try and claim a fake role, too, like Smitty.

- ShinsukeIto

#24 2016-06-07 00:08:27

Different55
Forum Admin

JaWapa wrote:
Kirby wrote:

I'm sorry did I miss something or am I voted because I'm "acting dumb"

It's hard to tell if you really don't know what you're doing, or if you're just pretending to avoid attention.

On top of this, a few times I felt like all the joking going on D1 might have been this kind of thing. If everyone's funposting 24/7 then basically nothing can be used against anyone because "LOOL MAN I WAS JUST FUNPOSTING YOU CAN'T HOLD THAT AGAINST ME" for absolutely everything.

- ShinsukeIto

#25 2016-06-07 00:13:18

Different55
Forum Admin

Kirby wrote:
Different55 wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
Kirby wrote:

I'm sorry did I miss something or am I voted because I'm "acting dumb"

It's hard to tell if you really don't know what you're doing, or if you're just pretending to avoid attention.

On top of this, a few times I felt like all the joking going on D1 might have been this kind of thing. If everyone's funposting 24/7 then basically nothing can be used against anyone because "LOOL MAN I WAS JUST FUNPOSTING YOU CAN'T HOLD THAT AGAINST ME" for absolutely everything.

well rip me for having fun

also i've tried to stop funposting after d1? sorry if what i write always sounds sarcastic or something~

sorry, that part wasn't directed at you specifically, but at the D1 funposting fest in general. If the mafia could have kept it up it would have been a good way to completely derail the game.

- ShinsukeIto

Onjit1631619159791398

Board footer