Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-05-18 12:59:53

Gosha

Re: Unity lobby design

Kira wrote:

Remove the shop
Give to players every items and infinite worlds
Add chat to lobby
Add a small picture of the minimap near each worlds.

I know it sounds Shoking to remove shop and give players all blocks.
But i would like to give it a try.
Energy is so useless when you bought everything.
So, give everybody all packs and smiles, BUT keep in Classic all smiles what there right now.
So, only currency in EE will be gems. You can buy Beta, diamond block, big spender, GM, namechange, and smiles.
If you want to distinguish yourself - win future contests. Get special blocks and you done.
Everybody edit now

#52 2016-05-18 13:10:18

Anatoly

Gosha wrote:
Kira wrote:

Remove the shop
Add chat to lobby

So, give everybody all packs and smiles, BUT keep in Classic all smiles what there right now.
So, only currency in EE will be gems. You can buy Beta, diamond block, big spender, GM, namechange, and smiles.
If you want to distinguish yourself - win future contests. Get special blocks and you done.
Everybody edit now

Say bye to campaign rewards?

#53 2016-05-18 14:02:51

Onjit
Website

previous post for reference

I darkened the background a bit to make it look a bit cleaner
QciFcwg.png

:.|:;

#54 2016-05-18 14:11:29

Bobithan

I really like Onjit's design; if we got something similar (or exactly like it) I would be pretty happy personally with the direction of the GUI in the game, which has always been something that needed working on, especially in the lobby. Onjit's is great because...

- It looks nice. It's modern.
- It's new
- No longer cluttered
- It's flexible; easy to add and remove features from the lobby without altering the entire layout, as you now have single menus to edit rather than one megamenu

I'm also a fan of zioxei's ideas regading Onjit's suggestion, where friends and news are permanently on the left side, as those are important enough to always have on screen, and both of those wouldn't need to take up much space at all. Maybe always have the online world list up by default, too, and have it switch out when you choose other menus like campaigns and shop.

Also, since you guys are now trying to reach out to a bigger audience, I think it's about time the main menu got some new features so the new audience wouldn't be as intimidated; most specifically, some sort of world browser. Right now the only ways that you can find "good" worlds are these options:

1. Find a world in the lobby while somebody is already in it (unreliable)
2. Campaigns (limited)
3. The forums (unorganized, hard to sift through, requires a bit of inside knowledge)
4. User profiles (requires a bit of inside knowledge)

None of these work quite well for inciting users to create and play worlds. It's hard to find worlds to play, and if that's the case, there's not much reason to make a world as an unknown user if nobody is going to find it to play it.

To remedy this, how about we finally get some sort of world browser that you can publish your world to for other people to play and rate (in difficulty and quality), so new players can finally have an easy way of finding decent worlds to play just starting out that aren't just limited to campaigns.

I mean, sure, campaigns are fine, but there's not much incentive to make worlds when there's only a slim chance of making it into a campaign for people to play. Having an actual menu for players to find worlds to play would do this game wonders for both players and creators.

...and Onjit's design would be great for implementing that feature.

aka towwl

#55 2016-05-18 14:13:14, last edited by Gosha (2016-05-18 14:16:58)

Gosha

AnatolyEE wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Kira wrote:

Remove the shop
Add chat to lobby

Everybody edit now

Say bye to campaign rewards?

Say goodbye for all energy packs in shops.
As the reward in campaigns you still can get gems and smiles (maybe add special blocks only for completing the campaign

But I still think that something is missing

Edit;

Onjit wrote:

I darkened the background a bit to make it look a bit cleaner
http://i.imgur.com/QciFcwg.png

Something need to be done with logout button. In the original design it placed far away from other buttons to prevent miss clicks
(Imb4 just a pop out with "are you sure" text)

#56 2016-05-18 14:14:02, last edited by Napakeun (2016-05-18 14:17:16)

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

@Onjit I prefer the 1st version for the navigation menu.
Maybe move the menu to the left side of screen?

Gosha wrote:
Kira wrote:

Remove the shop
Add chat to lobby

Everybody edit now

This is going a bit off topic but I just wanted to add that shop shouldn't be removed and energy stays. The infinite & all blocks and customizable world sizes will be probbaly possible in the upcomming Open-Unsaved worlds.

#57 2016-05-18 14:33:37

Onjit
Website

Bobithan wrote:

"yoooo how do we get the peeps to find good worlds??"
(Paraphrasing)

How about Nlmdejonge's idea: Daily Challenges?

:.|:;

Wooted by: (3)

#58 2016-05-18 14:57:50

Anatoly

Will in UNITY rudik be unbaned from forums? I think 9 moths ban is something not cool...

#59 2016-05-18 15:17:53

Gosha

1) off topic, dude, it is topic about unity lobby design.
2) no. Forums are not Everybody edits.
3) he deserved it

#60 2016-05-18 16:16:00

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

This is a bit off-topic regarding the OP, but for those who want the shop removed as commented in this thread, I think a nice substitute for that would be either to allow users in open worlds to use all the blocks currently in the game or alternatively have a new type of world all together that allows anyone with edit to use any block in the game (obviously this world would have some negative like it does not save or that only you can accesses your own test world). This way you can kind of test out blocks before buying them and if this feature was added to open worlds it would give people more incentive to use them.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#61 2016-05-18 16:28:43

Zumza

btw when will Unity version be ready?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#62 2016-05-18 16:59:35

SmittyW

Zumza wrote:

Considering they don't have a lobby yet and are trying to redo the entire system, I'd say tomorrow the earliest.

#63 2016-05-18 18:01:08

Zumza

SmittyW wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Considering they don't have a lobby yet and are trying to redo the entire system, I'd say tomorrow the earliest.

Oh no! I won't get the chance to see it actually working, since I bet it would be broken by the first minute.
Please postpone it for afternoon.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#64 2016-05-18 19:41:06

Gosha

Bobithan wrote:

- It's new

I think it is the most important part of this. Because..
latest?cb=20100819170254

Design didnt change much for 5 years! need to do something about it

Wooted by:

#65 2016-05-18 20:12:54, last edited by zioxei (2016-05-19 17:23:38)

zioxei

The loading screen:
1. Image with smileys in a place (like always)
2. EE Logo appears on the middle - grows fastly out of the middle, after reaching an enough size it stops growing and shrinks a bit.
Ad 2. I can't make an image of it if I don't have the Logo image with transparent parts etc, so it means I need the clear EE Logo to do it.
3. The Logo rotates when it's loading
4. After done loading, it reverses the process of how it appeared - grows a bit, then fastly shrinks until it can't be seen.
I hope it's not too hard to do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

1. Everybody Edits 3.0 Sneak Preview //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I'm uploading this design, but I'm not done, I'll upload other parts of it when I make them.

The image in the background should be replaced with a loading screen, without EE Logo, that's why it disappears after done loading.
After the Logo disappears, these panels slide out of left and right sides (excluding Everybody Edits text sliding out of top):

previous version

aXJMpdV.png
Area 69 under Thanel - Gosha's idea to show locked worlds. In addition you can't click a red world.
White worlds are underlined when hovering your mouse over them and you can click them to join.
Friends become green when they're online and white-grayish when offline (instead of a text under them saying online or offline)
< Friends > - switch between Friends, Pending and Blocked
Instead of "Messages" under every friend, there's a letter button on the top.
It doesn't show worlds' size under their names if you have picked a size filter.

TBC
2. Guest Lobby, logging in and registering
3. Loading Screen (if I get provided with clear Logo image)
4. Switching Accounts
5. Conversations
6. (Maybe) Shop
7. Crews
8. (Maybe) Campaigns
9. (Maybe) Settings

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#66 2016-05-18 21:49:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

that looks like hell tbh.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (5)

#67 2016-05-18 22:04:56

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

Gosha wrote:
Kira wrote:

Remove the shop
Add chat to lobby

Everybody edit now

Welcome to Everybody Edits! Your brand new fresh pay-to-win game!

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Wooted by: (4)

#68 2016-05-18 22:08:02, last edited by MartenM (2016-05-18 22:09:57)

MartenM
Website

zioxei

Wow, I love it.
Looks fresh and new. Something we really need.

Btw, I do not like the idea of remvoning the shop. It's something players come back for.
Yes, if you already have everything it's useless. But let's be fair. How long does that take? (LONG!)

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (2)

#69 2016-05-18 22:11:48

kubapolish
Banned
Website

marcoantonimsantos wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Kira wrote:

Remove the shop
Add chat to lobby

Everybody edit now

how even can sandbox be p2w

#70 2016-05-18 22:12:28

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

zioxei wrote:

The loading screen:
1. Image with smileys in a place (like always)
2. EE Logo appears on the middle - grows fastly out of the middle, after reaching an enough size it stops growing and shrinks a bit.
Ad 2. I can't make an image of it if I don't have the Logo image with transparent parts etc, so it means I need the clear EE Logo to do it.
3. The Logo rotates when it's loading
4. After done loading, it reverses the process of how it appeared - grows a bit, then fastly shrinks until it can't be seen.
I hope it's not too hard to do //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

1. Everybody Edits 3.0 Sneak Preview //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I'm uploading this design, but I'm not done, I'll upload other parts of it when I make them.

The image in the background should be replaced with a loading screen, without EE Logo, that's why it disappears after done loading.
After the Logo disappears, these panels slide out of left and right sides (excluding Everybody Edits text sliding out of top):
http://i.imgur.com/0e5PZkg.png
Area 69 under Thanel - Gosha's idea to show locked worlds
Friends become green when they're online and white-grayish when offline (instead of a text under them saying online or offline)

TBC
2. Guest Lobby, logging in and registering
3. Loading Screen (if I get provided with clear Logo image)
4. Switching Accounts
5. Conversations
6. (Maybe) Shop
7. Crews
8. (Maybe) Campaigns
9. (Maybe) Settings

wow
just
wow
thats really nice
lol i see hidden memes, hidden memes everywhere in that pic
perhaps "ToC", "forums" and "blog" buttons could have the same design as others above them?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#71 2016-05-18 22:13:44

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

Kubapolish wrote:
marcoantonimsantos wrote:
Gosha wrote:
Kira wrote:

Remove the shop
Add chat to lobby

Everybody edit now

how even can sandbox be p2w

Gosha wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Wooted by:

#72 2016-05-18 22:18:38

SmittyW

Good job, zioxei. I like the format, but the transparent box thing isn't working for me, especially over pastel background. You could get rid of the "News" section because we have a link to the blog and forums already. The font size on the menu select could be shrinked a bit and/or have some neat picture on it like the "Friends, Crews, etc." buttons on CJMaeders post. I see a ton of words cluttering the screen so some buttons can be replaced with symbols maybe. I don't like the overuse of the nokia cellphone font but I guess that's an EE thing. I think nokia cellphone looks bad when it's big

Wooted by:

#73 2016-05-18 22:38:56

Emma333

So I guess unlike others I love the current design. It's organized, simple and looks very good. What I dislike about Onjit's design is that the menu balk is on the right instead of up or down. The eyesight of humans is wider horizontally, so the things you're gonna look at should be like that too. It's just a lot easier to look at a wider screen in my oppinion. Placing the menu balk on the right makes the screen you look at & search in more vertically which I dislike very much.
What I dislike about the design in the OP is that the upper row looks very piled up. Creating a bit more space for the username would make it look a lot better. I also think the shading is overdone and the colours look ulgy, but I think that's easily solved by not rushing.

Pm me with anything math related please

#74 2016-05-18 22:38:59

zioxei

maxi123 wrote:

perhaps "ToC", "forums" and "blog" buttons could have the same design as others above them?

They're like that because they lead to external pages

SmittyW wrote:

Good job, zioxei. I like the format, but the transparent box thing isn't working for me, especially over pastel background. You could get rid of the "News" section because we have a link to the blog and forums already. The font size on the menu select could be shrinked a bit and/or have some neat picture on it like the "Friends, Crews, etc." buttons on CJMaeders post. I see a ton of words cluttering the screen so some buttons can be replaced with symbols maybe. I don't like the overuse of the nokia cellphone font but I guess that's an EE thing. I think nokia cellphone looks bad when it's big

NrbOMLa.png
It's this tab and it's also for crew invites and alerts, those can't be found on blog or forums.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#75 2016-05-19 20:28:56, last edited by N1KF (2016-05-19 20:31:48)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

zioxei wrote:
Long post

I do not really like that design. It looks too "simple". The buttons are just simple transparent rectangles, with no shading, outlines, or personality of any kind. The detailed world background clashes with the simple GUI and ends up looking messy. It also ruins the "dark" theme the game has already had. The Visitor font (or was it Nokia Cellphone?) looks strange at certain areas, and usually looks ugly unless used at one of the few right sizes. If given the choice between that and the current game menu, I would pick the current one. I really hope this does not end up being what the game menu looks like. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Bobithan wrote:

Just because something is modern doesnt mean its inherently good. I have a feeling that the new "minimalist" trend will die out in a few years once people realize it looks bland, and people will move onto the next generation of trends.
6,200th post woo
Instead of criticizing other ideas I might just make my own version.

Joeyc1513539025686608

Board footer