Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2016-04-26 23:22:10

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Undertale Mafia game thread

AlphaJon wrote:

You're coming out of nowhere just to make a vote. Please, it's as if you didn't do anything.

Well, I've been at school all day, and was unable to post anything. What's your point?

Calicara wrote:

Explain.

Well, I'm a little hesitant with this vote because he seemed like actually wanted to be lynched. Almost like he was a jester. He even voted for himself.

I really just wanted to see what he would say/do. Despite everything else, there was already two (?) votes against him, and it be a random lynch, but I think it's a good one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

AlphaJon wrote:

^ Wake up, you didn't post anything yet, and I won't remove the vote until you post something meaningful.

No posts != bad person
Some people have things they have to do throughout the day. Some people live in different time zones and may be many hours behind/ahead.

Really dumb reason to vote for someone imo

Discord: jawp#5123

#77 2016-04-27 00:07:56

Calicara

Jawapa wrote:

Well, I'm a little hesitant with this vote because he seemed like actually wanted to be lynched. Almost like he was a jester. He even voted for himself. I really just wanted to see what he would say/do.

I'm not sure if there are neutral roles in this game or not, but even so if you thought he was a jester why would you try to lynch him? Also, I'm 95% sure his vote against himself was a joke vote.

Jawapa wrote:

No posts != bad person
Some people have things they have to do throughout the day. Some people live in different time zones and may be many hours behind/ahead.

True, but it still doesn't justify your vote. Better to come on once/twice a day and make some quality posts than to scantily post scummy things and sheep votes.

Jawapa wrote:

Despite everything else, there was already two (?) votes against him, and it be a random lynch, but I think it's a good one.

This concerns me most of all. You're willingly attempting to vote and kill someone we have zero information on.

!Vote Jawapa

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#78 2016-04-27 00:11:59

Creature

Calicara wrote:

You're willingly attempting to vote and kill someone we have zero information on.

Do you realise mafia is based on reads and not evidences?

This is a false statement.

#79 2016-04-27 00:14:50

Calicara

He still didn't provide evidence for his reads. It's concerning to me that he's trying to bandwagon a lynch.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#80 2016-04-27 00:18:05

Creature

His attack on AlphaJon was pretty weak, but it's his vote, he based off something.

#81 2016-04-27 00:18:32

RhazzleFrazzle

Vote count:

AlphaJon-JaWapa, Onjit

marcoantonimsantos-AlphaJon

Luka504-Creature

JaWapa-Calicara

8 votes needed for majority.

#82 2016-04-27 00:20:40

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

I'm not sure if there are neutral roles in this game or not, but even so if you thought he was a jester why would you try to lynch him? Also, I'm 95% sure his vote against himself was a joke vote.

To my understanding, there are no neutrals. And because setting a vote and observing his reaction could have confirmed my suspicion.

Calicara wrote:

True, but it still doesn't justify your vote. Better to come on once/twice a day and make some quality posts than to scantily post scummy things and sheep votes.

It wasn't meant to justify my vote, it was to question theirs.

Calicara wrote:

This concerns me most of all. You're willingly attempting to vote and kill someone we have zero information on.

Well, we have to start somewhere, and it's better than having 5 days of ****-posting.

Discord: jawp#5123

#83 2016-04-27 05:21:35

Luka504

Jawapa wrote:

Well, I'm a little hesitant with this vote because he seemed like actually wanted to be lynched. Almost like he was a jester. He even voted for himself.
I really just wanted to see what he would say/do. Despite everything else, there was already two (?) votes against him, and it be a random lynch, but I think it's a good one tongue

Jawapa wrote:

To my understanding, there are no neutrals. And because setting a vote and observing his reaction could have confirmed my suspicion.

OBJECTION!
First off all do you even realise what Jesters are? Neutral roles. Yet you say there are no neutrals! Which one is it?

Jawapa wrote:

I really just wanted to see what he would say/do. Despite everything else, there was already two (?) votes against him, and it be a random lynch, but I think it's a good one tongue

This makes me feel weird. You think he might be a Jester, yet you vote for him? Why?
Also you acknowledge it being a random lynch yet you jump on it. BOTH votes were clearly fun posting, nothing more. Honestly this seems like a mafia push lynch on someone innocent.

I propose the following: We lynch Jawapa. No need to quickhammer, considering what might pop up, but we should lynch Jawapa if we have no other leads.
- If he flips geno, Alpha is a confirmed innocent.
- If he flips pacifist, Alpha will be somewhat scummy.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#84 2016-04-27 05:22:28

Luka504

Oh right  forgot this part:
!vote Jawapa

#85 2016-04-27 07:34:02

AlphaJon

I'm on a mobile, so there will be no quote tags, because selecting text is a pain.
Now, for jawapa:
My point is that your first post could have been more than just "!vote".
Yes, my self-vote was obviously a joke one, if you look back at the contextI'm sure you'll understand it.
Also, my vote on marco is temporary, and I highly doubt he'll get lynched. Now, should he not post anything by the end of game day, I will keep my vote because inactive people don't help in anyway. Actually, inactives are counterproductive.
Àlso, the vote on me from Onjit is also a joke vote, or at least random.I'm almost sure of that.

Luka504: why are you saying that jawapa pacifist implies me scummy, or him scum imlies me pacifist? As far as I can tell, there is no link between us.

#86 2016-04-27 08:01:50

Luka504

@AlphaJon
If he is indeed scum, him trying to push a bandwagon on you seems like a mafia pushing for a mislynch AKA on an innocent. I highly doubt he would vote for you if you were his teammate, especcaly with the lack of evidence on you.
If he is a pacifist it could mean he thinks you are behaving differentely or odd, though it doesnt have to be. Though considering theres nothing wrong with your posts im most likely wrong.
Sorry bout dat.

#87 2016-04-27 08:21:25

Zumza

AlphaJon wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

!vote AlphaJon

You're coming out of nowhere just to make a vote. Please, it's as if you didn't do anything.

Is his choice, respect it. Nor your post is pointing anything. We all saw what Jawapa did and is no need to lore. Unless you believe he is suspicious. Just by that sentence you turned Calicara and Luka into him which appears to look like a manipulation.

AlphaJon wrote:

Quote1: Btw what are your characters? Mine is Toriel and I am a Pacifist.
Quote2:Characters are unrelated to roles.
Quote3:That would be too easy, if you could link character to role. And having a character would be useless if you can't do anything with it except show it on death.
Quote4:So, what are your characters?

Very intrigued into finding characters. He said "that would be too easy, if you could link character to role" and ""characters are unrelated to roles" ". Thought I believe everyone of us has their role close to the characters ability / appearance / personality. Why wouldn't he know that?

!vote AlphaJon

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#88 2016-04-27 09:29:47

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

AlphaJon wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

!vote AlphaJon

Evilbunny wrote:

Start roleplaying and I quit.

Was a joke. I don't have the slightest idea about undertale. I'm feeding off the wiki //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

That said,
!vote marcoantonimsantos
^ Wake up, you didn't post anything yet, and I won't remove the vote until you post something meaningful.

Hi

Sorry yesterday I've been really busy with school stuff and today I'll be busy with other stuff.

But here is a hi, I guess.
I need to read the whole game yet, brb.

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#89 2016-04-27 10:32:59

Onjit
Website

preliminary reads go go go
they're pretty short so i'll give them a smiley rating: https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/d/d7/009_frustrated //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
just in the order from the op

Bobithan
- instead of adding to the discussion, just talks about how much he wants discussion to take place
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Zumza
- tries to meta the characters
- says that his role makes him feel awkward
- finds alphajon's claim odd
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Evilbunny
- has made one unsubstantial post
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Maxi123
- makes a few meaningless posts
- can't even joe peschi
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Pyromaniac
- hasn't posted enough to tell

JaWapa
- makes one post to try to jump on an empty wagon
- has a real bad defense
- got bad vibes
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/d/d7/009_frustrated

Calicara
- posts make sense
- seems to be on point with her accusations
- getting a good feeling
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

SmittyW

marcoantonimsantos

Creature
- can u like not make multiple posts in a row it's really annoying
- salty af
- aggressively townish
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

AlphaJon
- roleclaims early with a town role
- switches between saying characters are meaningless to saying that they are important
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Onjit
- critisises others for not posting much
- doesn't post much
- what a cool guy amirite
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool :cool:cooL;

Kaslai

Luka504
- scrub a dub dub luka's a nub
- i think he's just trying to meta the characters (and what he said makes sense imo)
- his way of speaking is pretty agressive at times but i feel pretty confident
- good vibes
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Bimps

-----

i'd like the people i gave a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral to make more posts pls

oh and my vote on alphajon was just a joke, as should have been obvious
!unvote

:.|:;

#90 2016-04-27 11:47:28

Zumza

Onjit you've done mistakes on that list:
First of, nobody can ever put me on a scale
And second of, you will be always be The https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/ea/089_bruce

#91 2016-04-27 12:10:01

AlphaJon

Zumza wrote:

Just by that sentence you turned Calicara and Luka into him which appears to look like a manipulation.

I didn't turn anyone into anyone. I don't control people's minds.

Zumza wrote:

Very intrigued into finding characters. He said "that would be too easy, if you could link character to role" and ""characters are unrelated to roles" ". Thought I believe everyone of us has their role close to the characters ability / appearance / personality. Why wouldn't he know that?

I was just trying to actually play with the flavor, but I got it. Let's bury the whole Undertale part of it and just play a regular town/mafia game.

-- Onjit's post:

Onjit wrote:

Bobithan
- instead of adding to the discussion, just talks about how much he wants discussion to take place

Kinda right, but he did post something relevant at one point.

Onjit wrote:

Zumza

The fact that he believes the characters are role-related, in addition to the second point, makes me believe he has a role he does not wish to become known.
I find the 3rd point odd, I just said my character name, and it doesn't mean anything.

Onjit wrote:

Maxi123
- can't even joe peschi

I dunno

Onjit wrote:

JaWapa
- makes one post to try to jump on an empty wagon
- has a real bad defense
- got bad vibes

I agree that his first post was out of place(I'd say the same if he voted anyone else). But I don't consider it necessarily as bad vibes. He could explain it better though.

Onjit wrote:

Calicara
- posts make sense
- seems to be on point with her accusations
- getting a good feeling

Yes, yes, and dunno. She does seem to play the usual way, so I'm going on the positive side too.

Onjit wrote:

Creature
- can u like not make multiple posts in a row it's really annoying
- salty af
- aggressively townish

Nothing to say here, you're on point. I'd still be careful at the last point, though. Processor was agressively townish last game too, it didn't prevent him from being mafia.

Onjit wrote:

AlphaJon
- switches between saying characters are meaningless to saying that they are important

Sorry mate, but you're wrong on both points here.
I claimed a CHARACTER, not a ROLE. And you're not the only one to mix them up. I swear that I'd copypaste my character description without the role if I could.
I never said characters are important. They are here for the flavor, but apparently noone likes the flavor.
Hey Rhaz, what about removing the flavor? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Onjit wrote:

Onjit
- critisises others for not posting much
- doesn't post much
- what a cool guy amirite

I really like the mix of the 1st and 2nd point //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
3rd makes me jealous

Onjit wrote:

Luka504
- scrub a dub dub luka's a nub
- i think he's just trying to meta the characters (and what he said makes sense imo)
- his way of speaking is pretty agressive at times but i feel pretty confident
- good vibes

1st is right. 2nd too, even though I proved him metaing characters is useless. 3rd is just his wording which makes it seem so (@Luka504: Be careful if you use irony!).
4th I agree.

Also you forgot to include //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink and https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/ea/089_bruce in the scale

--

Some other stuff:

My guess is that character roles are indeed unrelated, but it happens that for some players, the role actually make sense to the characters, by randomness probably, which is why people like Zumza and Luka504 are meta-ing the characters.

#92 2016-04-27 12:29:17

AlphaJon

marcoantonimsantos wrote:
AlphaJon wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

!vote AlphaJon

Evilbunny wrote:

Start roleplaying and I quit.

Was a joke. I don't have the slightest idea about undertale. I'm feeding off the wiki //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

That said,
!vote marcoantonimsantos

Hi

Sorry yesterday I've been really busy with school stuff and today I'll be busy with other stuff.

But here is a hi, I guess.
I need to read the whole game yet, brb.

Right, I forgot.
!unvote

Some general tips for everyone, especially those who didn't post much yet:
Read carefully. You don't want to have someone against you just because you misunderstood something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Reread every post you write before you post it. You don't want to have someone against you just because they misunderstood something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Try to single out relevant stuff. So you don't end up looking the not-so-relevant stuff when reading, and end up forgetting the useful things.
Don't be shy to express your opinions about everyone. Communication is key.
For everyone who has posted a minimum, try to look at the posts from both point of views. Some posts may look scummy, but if you actually look it from the scum side, they don't make sense anymore.
Do not make too many assumptions. Because someone looks townish at one point, doesn't mean you can trust anything (s)he says afterwards. Also do not disregard any possibility. You never know what twists can happen, especially from an organised Mafia.
This one Rhaz told me: Sometimes one-liners are more relevant than walls of text. As such, do not consider big posts as speaking some universal truth. Try to say everything you want to say, in a precise and consice way, as to get your point across more easily.

#93 2016-04-27 12:35:39

Zumza

AlphaJon wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Zumza

in addition to the second point, makes me believe he has a role he does not wish to become known..

As you comment I understand that you want me to answer it. Like proving I am a coward. While you want to be the bravest and let us know theres nothing you fell threaten by at night.

#94 2016-04-27 12:45:57

AlphaJon

Zumza wrote:

As you comment I understand that you want me to answer it.

This is what you basically said in earlier posts:
"role ~= character" and "my character = awkward". I'm just pointing out that you yourself consider your role as awkward. That's all. I just don't know how to interpret that.

Zumza wrote:

Like proving I am a coward.

No. I'm not going to force anyone here to reveal his/her role, unless required. So this isn't going to happen D1.

Zumza wrote:

While you want to be the bravest and let us know theres nothing you fell threaten by at night.

Tbh unless someone protects me, I expect to die within the first 3 nights.

Now, this is just a wild guess, but considering the fact that everyone has a role, I believe a good part of us have "you can do that X times" roles. Because imagine if everyone had persistent roles. Sheriff+doctor combo coming back again? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#95 2016-04-27 13:16:17

Onjit
Website

AlphaJon wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Maxi123
- can't even joe peschi

I dunno

This one was a joke because of this post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
Really I'd give him a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral because he hasn't posted that much that is relevant/helpful.

AlphaJon wrote:
Onjit wrote:

AlphaJon

Sorry mate, but you're wrong on both points here.
I claimed a CHARACTER, not a ROLE.

AlphaJon wrote:

Mine is Toriel and I am a Pacifist.

This is what I meant, you claiming to be town.

Wooted by:

#96 2016-04-27 13:32:15

Onjit
Website

AlphaJon wrote:

Sheriff+doctor combo coming back again?

I'm pretty sure Rhaz learned from his mistakes with this one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Wooted by:

#97 2016-04-27 13:48:46

AlphaJon

Onjit wrote:

This is what I meant, you claiming to be town.

Oh, that. Yeah, I said I'm Toriel, but in itself, it doesn't do much.
I mentioned the Pacifist thing because the term isn't included anywhere in Rhaz's post, only in role PMs, so I guessed mafia didn't have access to the term. I know well everyone here can claim town, obviously, so you shouldn't look much into it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#98 2016-04-27 13:49:22

Creature

Luka504 wrote:

I propose the following: We lynch Jawapa. No need to quickhammer, considering what might pop up, but we should lynch Jawapa if we have no other leads.
- If he flips geno, Alpha is a confirmed innocent.
- If he flips pacifist, Alpha will be somewhat scummy.

How will he be confirmed? Bussing is a thing.

Wooted by:

#99 2016-04-27 13:53:26

Onjit
Website

@Creature

what are your thoughts on my reads?
are you willing to post reads of your own?

#100 2016-04-27 14:21:10

Bobithan

AlphaJon wrote:

so I guessed mafia didn't have access to the term

I would reckon they got some flavor in their quicktopic or whatever saying "eliminate the pacifists" or something along those lines, honestly, but it's a nice try anyways. I still have you on a strong town lean if not just for your seemingly careless attitude in the game, and, more importantly, your assertion that the town roles are mostly limited in use. You could just be theorizing but I'll assume you're guessing that because you have an x use town role yourself.

JaWapa's random vote was weird and I still don't quite understand it, but I don't know if we're supposed to and it was just another conversation starter. I doubt as mafia he'd do something like that though, it just seems silly.

Zumza is really pushing hard against Alpha just for his interest in the game's flavor that has no bearing on the game's mechanics and is even explicitly stated to be useless. I wouldn't put it past Zumza to take advantage of a non-opportunity for a mislynch, but it might just be him being dense.

Luka's assertion on JaWapa and Alpha's relationship in the game is pretty baseless but as of now I think Luka is a slight town lean just from how he's acting.

Calicara isn't usually this active in scum hunting, especially on day 1. She does seem to be helping with discussion but this is a pretty big difference from how she usually plays as town.

so those are my thoughts. Everybody else I don't really have an opinion on either because nothing stuck out to me or they just haven't been posting.

aka towwl

RhazzleFrazzle1464542077604082

Board footer