Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-24 22:03:06

RhazzleFrazzle

Undertale Mafia game thread

1. All forum rules apply, however spam and multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue, but don't push it.

2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted. No exceptions.

3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.

4. Do not quote someone else's post and edit for misleading purposes.

5. You must stay active and contribute to discussion to stay in the game. If you stay inactive too long, you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours. Earning more than one prod will result in you being replaced or modkilled.

6. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying your night result or what your role is, but don't copy paste an entire role pm.

7. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

8. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.

9. You may not talk about the game with other players through any means not approved by the moderator. This includes dead players. No exceptions.

10. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.

11. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.

12. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

If you have any questions you can pm me or post in this thread, however keep in mind that questions relating to the current game I will likely not be able to answer, so only ask about game mechanics.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2016-04-26 00:16:01

Calicara

Re: Undertale Mafia game thread

Bobithan wrote:

hey can we like, skip the day 1 funposting somehow? lets start some actual productive conversation, like a wild accusation against smitty for pretending he doesn't know the mafia count. whats up with that smitty??

This.

If I've learned anything from the past 3 games, Day 1 posts count just as much as posts on any other day.

In response to Creature: I've got nothing. Random vote is random, but ok.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#3 2016-04-26 01:20:05

Calicara

Creature wrote:

Jokes on you them.

you no meta, I no meta. Let's not have a repeat of the last game.

tgA1y17.jpg

#4 2016-04-26 18:45:21

Calicara

Creature wrote:

Nice town cred aim here.

Because since we have no idea whose role is whose on D1, and you're probably just meta-voting, I see no reason to retaliate vote.

I do agree though Luka's post does seem sus. I'll wait for his response though.

tgA1y17.jpg

#5 2016-04-26 20:42:28

Calicara

I think Alpha has a good point. Now that I think about it, Lukas wording/phrasing does tend to come off scummy at times. He was like that the last game too. If anything he's probably just saying if there was a Chara role, they would probably be evil.

tgA1y17.jpg

#6 2016-04-26 23:10:40

Calicara

AlphaJon wrote:

Might as well put in some roleplay

Why are you so eager to get everyone roles?

Evilbunny wrote:

Start roleplaying and I quit.

What is Chara? I really don't like this theme if people are going to be talking about things that I don't know about.
I don't have any reads yet because I don't understand half of what is being said and nothing has really happened yet.

Anything you want to know I suggest looking up on the wiki: http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

I get that the characters aren't necessarily related to the flavor, but understanding something about the characters will more easily integrate you into the conversation.

JaWapa wrote:

!vote AlphaJon

Explain.

tgA1y17.jpg

#7 2016-04-27 00:07:56

Calicara

Jawapa wrote:

Well, I'm a little hesitant with this vote because he seemed like actually wanted to be lynched. Almost like he was a jester. He even voted for himself. I really just wanted to see what he would say/do.

I'm not sure if there are neutral roles in this game or not, but even so if you thought he was a jester why would you try to lynch him? Also, I'm 95% sure his vote against himself was a joke vote.

Jawapa wrote:

No posts != bad person
Some people have things they have to do throughout the day. Some people live in different time zones and may be many hours behind/ahead.

True, but it still doesn't justify your vote. Better to come on once/twice a day and make some quality posts than to scantily post scummy things and sheep votes.

Jawapa wrote:

Despite everything else, there was already two (?) votes against him, and it be a random lynch, but I think it's a good one.

This concerns me most of all. You're willingly attempting to vote and kill someone we have zero information on.

!Vote Jawapa

tgA1y17.jpg

#8 2016-04-27 00:14:50

Calicara

He still didn't provide evidence for his reads. It's concerning to me that he's trying to bandwagon a lynch.

tgA1y17.jpg

#9 2016-04-27 18:42:55

Calicara

I'm just making a marker post, I'm ridiculously sick, and I have piles of homework. My responses will be delayed but I'll get there. I'll post something later tonight.

tgA1y17.jpg

#10 2016-04-27 20:40:34

Calicara

In response to Creature: I haven't been avoiding anything.

I'm gonna be a hypocrite here, but stop meta-gaming. Yes, my play style has changed. I did not think I played as well as I could have last game, which is why I'm trying to do better. But on the same token, Processor was a scum townlean last game, and it looks to me almost as if you're trying the same thing, though less successfully. You're constantly misconstruing phrases and putting words in other peoples mouths with your octo-posting. (Which is really annoying by the way.)

So this game I'm taking a more laid back approached, because quick aggressive posts seem to do nothing but stir up trouble. I am also not going to us emobile to post in this game, as I don't feel it's the most effective way of communication.

And also what Bobithan said:

Bobitahn wrote:

That's because I have a deep personal fear of being wrong, so I lay out all possibilities for the smarter people to determine one way or the other. Should I reserve all my thoughts to myself in a game like this just because I haven't come to a hard conclusion? No, I'll speak my mind, and doing so doesn't require me or anybody else to definitively say whether somebody is scum or town, which is what you're suggesting here. Do you want me to make pretty colored posts of leanings or do you want me to give my thoughts on players and their possible motivations? Not to mention half of your rephrases are putting words in my mouth which I really shouldn't even bother to correct

I don't think I'm the smartest player, but I am trying to be more observant. I do hope my observations will help the stronger town players to identify the scum.

Lastly, I don't like this list:

Creature wrote:

Currently seeing:
{AlphaJon, Zumza}
{Kaslai, Onjit}
{maxi123, SmittyW}
{Bimps, marcoantonimsantos, Pyromaniac}
{Bobithan, Evilbunny}
{Calicara, JaWapa}
{Luka504}

Legend:
Strong town reads
Townleans
Smaller townleans
Null
Worried about
Scumleans
Strong scum read

I would not identify Kaslai as a townlean. He has contributed very little in the way of useful reads. I also don't see Bobithan as Scummy, and Evilbunny I'd also put under null (has he even posted at all?) You're judging players based on the not posting = scum scale, which if you haven't learned by now, is NOT the best way to find scum.

On Alphajon:

I think Alphajon is town, all things considering. His asking for roles seemed suspicious at first, but upon reflecting I think he was more interesting in it for the roleplaying aspect, rather than for scum reasons.

On Jawapa:

I still don't like his response, my vote stays on him.

On Maxi123

Maxi123 wrote:

pretty sure jawapa can be considered a village idiot (no offense)
there was a post somewhere saying that mafia wouldnt jump on an empty bandwagon like that since it would be too risky and i have to admit it makes sense
>mafia outta nowhere jumps on 1 vote bandwagon = suicidal (not to mention that 1 vote was a joke vote)
and luka504 looks like a frustrated town but... he tries hard on pushing jawapa now

So you are claiming to have seen the mafia chat? This post is either really scummy or very misconstrued.

On Smittyw: He's playing his usual town style. And as for this:

SmittyW wrote:

I think it's near exam week for most people. Maybe this game should have been made about 2 weeks later

It's not so much the workload, I can deal with that. It's this freaking cold. I feel dizzy and nauseous around the block. All I want to do is sleep. ;_;

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by:

#11 2016-04-27 21:12:35

Calicara

On Max123:

there was a post somewhere saying that mafia wouldnt jump on an empty bandwagon like that since it would be too risky and i have to admit it makes sense
A post where? The way I'm reading this is, "I saw a post somewhere in the mafia chat that said to not bandwagon town lynches because it looks too risky.

>mafia outta nowhere jumps on 1 vote bandwagon = suicidal (not to mention that 1 vote was a joke vote)
This, to me, implies you know who the other mafia members are.

tgA1y17.jpg

#12 2016-04-27 21:43:38

Calicara

Bobithan wrote:

Reading into somebody's attitude with knowledge on their personality and how they act in games is a valid reason to read somebody... It's not reliable, just like all other methods, but it is worth looking at.

This. I don't mean to overalign myself with Bobithan, but again I agree with him here. Stop judging peoples actions in the last game, and judge them on this one. Just because some people are playing differently does not mean they're mafia.

tgA1y17.jpg

#13 2016-04-27 22:19:41

Calicara

maxi123 wrote:
Calicara wrote:

On Max123:

A post where? The way I'm reading this is, "I saw a post somewhere in the mafia chat that said to not bandwagon town lynches because it looks too risky.

This, to me, implies you know who the other mafia members are.

um
the said post was somewhere on pages 4-5 i dont remember
i could try finding it i guess

"implies you know who the other mafia members are"
what
just
what
i completely dont understand whats the linking here, between mafia bandwagoning being suicidal and me knowing who is mafia members, what led you to that conclusion?

Your post was badly worded, but nevermind. I don't think it was a scumslip, I'm just reading too much into things.

tgA1y17.jpg

#14 2016-04-28 13:33:02

Calicara

Onjit wrote:

jeez why so salty m8

just contribute to the conversation

stop lurking

I could say the same about you. "Fun posting"

tgA1y17.jpg

#15 2016-04-29 01:27:35

Calicara

So I've been having major headaches and dizzy spells all day. Can someone explain to me why we're targeting Luka?

tgA1y17.jpg

#16 2016-04-29 12:21:45

Calicara

After reading others post, I'm not jumping on the Luka bandwagon. He doesn't seem that suspicious for now. I'm not liking Jawapas attitude. Don't be so pessimistic. I mean yea, posting anything makes you a target but that's how you play the game.

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by:

#17 2016-04-29 12:51:38

Calicara

I wouldn't say lurking is impacting the overall game greatly. You are just under the assumption that everyone has something to say. But like you said, until n1 passes and people use their power roles, we're mostly just looking for a needle in a haystack. Lurking =\= Mafia. Just look at Smitty and Evilbunny in game 6.

tgA1y17.jpg

#18 2016-04-29 14:54:02

Calicara

Well since tomorrow is the last day before n1 I'd say Jawapa or Creature is our best choice. I really don't like the way Creatures been stirring up trouble. I feel more confident about Jawapa though. I think I'd try him, and if he flips town we can always target Creature tomorrow.

tgA1y17.jpg

#19 2016-04-29 17:09:56

Calicara

Since everyone has their own list, here's mine

Town Lean
------
Bobithan
Zumza
Evilbunny
Maxi123
AlphaJon
Onjit

Neutral
------
SmittyW
marcoantonimsantos
Bimps
Pyromaniac
Luka504

Scum
------
JaWapa
Creature
Kaslai

Jawapas aggressive responses and eagerness to lynch worries me. And frankly though he may just be 'the village idiot', I cannot trust him after Hostage's play in game 3.

Creature seems to to often purposefully misinterpret peoples words in an attempt to create confusion. I think this was the reason Luke ended up looking so scummy? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kaslai is lurking too much and I don't like that. That's his usual mafia gameplay, and it makes me wary.

tgA1y17.jpg

#20 2016-04-29 18:21:12

Calicara

Kaslai is my least strongest scum read. I placed him more out of pressure and intuition. I'd give him a chance to talk though.

tgA1y17.jpg

#21 2016-04-29 19:42:26

Calicara

AlphaJon wrote:

!vote JaWapa

At this point he's my most viable option. Followed by Creature, then SmittyW.

Why SmittyW.?

tgA1y17.jpg

#22 2016-04-29 21:34:27

Calicara

@Jawapa: If copy/pasting your old posts doesn't work the first three times, I think you need to clarify.

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by:

#23 2016-04-29 21:41:57

Calicara

Also I wouldn't take Creature super seriously, but here's how I'm seeing it.

If Creature is maf...

Then Kaslai probably is too. Why else would Creature put him so high up on the townlean list? I was also curious to know why he thought Evilbunny and Bobithan were scum. If Creature flips scum, I would immediately suspect Kaslai.

If Maxi123 is scum...

I honestly don't see this one. It's true he made that one ambiguous post, but I don't think it was a scum slip. Just bad wording. If Maxi is flips scum then I guess that clears Luka, unless he's bussing, but I don't really see that as being the case.

If Maxi flipped town, then I'd be suspcious of Luka.

If Luka was Scum...

Pretty much anyone he had tried to bandwagon lynch, I'd say they are likely town. If Luka flipped town, I would say anyone who tried to lynch him look scummy.

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by:

#24 2016-04-29 22:15:06

Calicara

JaWapa wrote:

People want to know your plan, because we can figure out your role that way //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

It seems very likely that you are town.

Any why is it so important for you to know other peoples roles? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tgA1y17.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#25 2016-04-29 22:49:24

Calicara

!unvote
!vote Bimps

Jawapa, Creature, and Kaslai are still my top scum picks, but this one needs to say something. Just cause you don't like the flavor, doesn't mean you can ignore the game.

tgA1y17.jpg

RhazzleFrazzle1464542077604082

Board footer