Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-04-17 00:56:32

Bimps

Re: Everybody Edits Contest: Spring 2016! [Winners Announcement!]

5/10 Art
3/10 Art

???

#52 2016-04-17 00:57:38, last edited by Kira (2016-04-17 00:59:49)

Kira

Onjit wrote:
4/10 Art
3/10 Art

???

Have you seen the in-game art at least? 4/10 is equal to "You did an effort".

Edit: It was obvious you made the art intendedly bad (Saying that a 6 years old girl drew it). As a judge I judge what I see, not what I hear.

Wooted by:

#53 2016-04-17 00:58:42

Kirby

9,25/10 Gameplay
8,25/10 Art
10/10 Theme Respected
8,5/10 Overall Enjoyment

art mustve been worth a lot of 9.25, 10, and 8.25 averaged out to 8.5

#54 2016-04-17 01:04:27

Pingohits
Banned

pls what are you people doing

you keep forgetting pingo

791mAP8.png

#55 2016-04-17 01:08:10

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Kira wrote:

4/10 is equal to "You did an effort".

Edit: It was obvious you made the art intendedly bad (Saying that a 6 years old girl drew it). As a judge I judge what I see, not what I hear.

Title wrote:

cindy age 6

Bobithan/Onjit wrote:
3.5/10 Art
Rules wrote:

Creativity is also judged favorably.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by:

#56 2016-04-17 01:09:12

Kira

Ok let me clear up the situation here.

When a level was focused on In-game art, i'd only judge the IN-GAME art.
When a level was focused on Minimap art, i'd only judge the MINIMAP art.

When a level had both i'd give a positive review along with a better rating in art. (For me at least)

#57 2016-04-17 01:10:30

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Kira wrote:

When a level was focused on Minimap art, i'd only judge the MINIMAP art.

Kira wrote:

3/10 Art

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#58 2016-04-17 01:11:33, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-04-17 01:11:48)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Kira wrote:

It was obvious you made the art intendedly bad (Saying that a 6 years old girl drew it). As a judge I judge what I see, not what I hear.

Reminds me of a child's drawing. It doesn't look bad at all.

It's not realism... but it's not bad.

Discord: jawp#5123

#59 2016-04-17 01:21:55

Kirby

Kira wrote:

It was obvious you made the art intendedly bad (Saying that a 6 years old girl drew it). As a judge I judge what I see, not what I hear.

for a kids game, you dont like kids lmao

Wooted by: (2)

#60 2016-04-17 01:23:00

Onjit
Website

It's not the beautiful-but-generic art style that everyone else does. It broke the convention, that's what's wrong with it. Placing the world would be like saying that the rest of the levels were worse. I can understand why the judges did not want to place it, there was enough drama in the contest already. However, following the guidelines and what you said in the threads, we created a good world. It had good looking art that was unique that fit the theme, not only of the contest, but of the level itself. The level approached the theme from a novel and unique angle, and the story fit this well. The gameplay was decent, and of the right difficulty. Overall the level pushed the boundaries of what a 'good level' should be. Pushed them too far, apparently.

:.|:;

#61 2016-04-17 01:27:30, last edited by Bobithan (2016-04-17 02:07:19)

Bobithan

I'm sorry but we did more than "an effort" with that map. We carefully crafted a perfect crayon aesthetic, not only with careful deliberation of our mousestrokes across our perfectly colored canvas background, but with insightful and purposeful choice of color and spacing to create a world that was, rather than ugly and crowded, a beautiful mosaic of childlike wonder. The idea of a children's drawing was not an excuse but a motivator in the creation of one of the most avant-garde worlds Everybody Edits has seen in its 6 years of existence. Additionally, despite the art literally being a childish and messy scrawl of color, we intentionally sought to create something that, while disheveled, at its core is aesthetically pleasing to rest your eyes upon; not only on the minimap, but ingame as well (something quite a few of the current winners never stopped to consider). The design of the world was delicately crafted to create an appealing visual experience for users of all experience in Everybody Edits. We made something fresh, something new, something never seen before on a serious level in world publication. We strayed away from the modern cookie cutter template that most if not all of the placing worlds followed to reintroduce the very concept of creativity to the community, as it seems to be something that has long been forgotten. We decided to take up this style not out of sloth or spite, but as a way to send a message to the community that yes, you are able to step out of the mold and create something just as pleasing as whatever the top players spew out today. We should not strive for artistic perfection as it is simply boring. Through risks we will discover new eras of enjoyment in a game that has been frankly running stale in its content output. Your artistic judging does nothing but encourage monotony; you are telling the community that it is okay to make the same world over and over again and still be considered to be at the forefront of imagination. We should not shun originality but embrace it, specifically by putting our level in first place.

Thank you.

aka towwl

#62 2016-04-17 01:43:20

Creature

Petition to make a contest that doesn't judge any kind of art.

This is a false statement.

#63 2016-04-17 01:46:08

tak4n

Yay! so glad Sensei1 got first place. He deserves it after not even placing in the loading screen contest.

Gratz everyone else on winning as well!

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#64 2016-04-17 01:47:28

Creature

Kirby wrote:
Creature wrote:

Petition to make a contest that doesn't judge any kind of art.

you mean the one DIRECTLY BEFORE this one?

The one directly before judged in-game art, therefore doesn't count.

This is a false statement.

#65 2016-04-17 01:48:16, last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (2016-04-17 01:49:38)

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Kira wrote:

Team Name: cindy age 6
Members: Bobithan, Onjit
World ID: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWIu0SvXERcEI
Jokes aside, the gameplay was very good. I really thought this level was a troll but after testing
first minigame I realised I was wrong.
8,5/10 Gameplay
1000000/10 Art
10/10 Theme Respected
8/10 Overall Enjoyment

Just because you face criticism over something doesn't mean you need to get defensive and sarcastic.  Constructive criticism is a real thing and acting like a turtle about it won't get you anywhere.

And just so I don't only focus on "cindy age 6," we can take a look at other levels.  Bold denotes something that doesn't exactly gel with the rest in my opinion.  I've ignored the "Theme Respected" ratings because they seem not to have any impact on the other ratings, which is what I'm looking at; people who have played more of the levels might have their own opinions on that rating.

Collapsed for length

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#66 2016-04-17 02:12:14

Bimps

i am very disappointed in everyone judging that decide onjit and towels level should not have placed. just because it looks like it was made by a 6 year old doesnt mean there was no effort. they obviously put actual effort into it, emulating the style of a young child, while still managing to have legit minis. these 2 brave men set out to create a level that wasnt just some ex crew like level, like NSFW's entry. they decided "hey that stuff is boring, let's be creative." what do they get in return? a simple honourable mention. i make art too, and it is stylistic suck. i put hours of work into them just for people to dismiss them because of "this look horrible". what they dont understand is most of the time this takes as much if not sometimes more effort than some similar art. sure i dont mean insane detail high pro level paintings, but you sure as hell know what i mean. i really didnt care about this contest, nor did i care that onjit and towels level existed, but after looking at it, it deserves a high ranking. what if onjit and towel actually abducted a 6 year old named cindy who made the art... but also the minis? she is a prophet dude. babies dont make that high level crap. you are dismissing it as "durr this looks bad no effort mustve been put into it". think about how cindy felt after seeing that. she mustve been heartbroken. she probably went to her mom to tell him and cry to her, but it turns out that the mom is cheating on her husband with another man. cindy starts to scream, and calls the police. when they arrive they see that this whole time, the person porking the mom was actually two people. onjit and towel. they imminently get identified as them because the police force is actually made up of guardians. after being wrangled into the police car, onjit kicks out the back door and runs back into the house, with towel following. cindy starts screaming even more because she is a little babbu and towel and onjit tie her up and put a gun to her head. they say that they want access to all of ee's data, a helicopter, and proof that zoey is a male. the guardians have to call in nou, because these measures are obviously way too extreme for the 12 year old guardians. nou tries to negotiate, saying he'll give them a single energy and a smiley that looks like the poop emoji, but they do not budge. nou starts to break down. he cannot let a babbu die, that will ruin ee's already bad/non-existent reputation. the thing is, nou doesnt carea bout this game at all. why doesnt he give them ee's data then? that is because ee has no data. ee is simply an illusion that we all have been forced to believe. chris is actually a secret government worker who developed a mind control game. why else would people still play/associate with people that play a game that is about maneuvering smilies into levels designed by a community, and there is only 3-5 block types, with the majority being 100% solid. this isnt normal for a game to happen for 6 years. why do you think there are no new players? ee was implanted into 3000 peoples minds, as a sort of test to see how chris's mind control was going. almost 9/10ths of these people have forgotten about ee, but 1/10th still remains. when nou was told all of this, he was also told never to share this information with anyone. he cannot break his promise. he gave onjit and towel a helicopter. he proved that zoey was male in a lewd series of events. but what about ee's non-existent data? he decided to write up some code about what ee could possibly actually be, on a piece of paper. onjit and towel accepted this. it seemed to all be over. but, while nou was thinking, onjit and towel were creating a fake version of cindy. they took the real cindy with them on the helicopter, and threw her off. she feel on nou, instantly killing him. onjit and towel, to this day, were never caught. it is still unknown what chris has implanted into these peoples brains, and no one knows the truth of ee. cindy survived a long life, speaking out aganist those that hated stylistic suck type of art. she received a nobel peace prize for helping people realize that effort guys into bad art. and the guardians? they porked cindy's mom forever. when cindy died, she knew that deep down,  towel and onjit meant well. she also knew deep down, that zoey is not only a male, but he are also, 12 years old

thank you

#67 2016-04-17 02:20:19, last edited by AmdS (2016-04-17 02:21:08)

AmdS
Website

I have never saw Bimps too serious like this

#68 2016-04-17 02:21:23

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Bimps wrote:

i am very disappointed in everyone judging that decide onjit and towels level should not have placed. just because it looks like it was made by a 6 year old doesnt mean there was no effort. they obviously put actual effort into it, emulating the style of a young child, while still managing to have legit minis. these 2 brave men set out to create a level that wasnt just some ex crew like level, like NSFW's entry. they decided "hey that stuff is boring, let's be creative." what do they get in return? a simple honourable mention. i make art too, and it is stylistic suck. i put hours of work into them just for people to dismiss them because of "this look horrible". what they dont understand is most of the time this takes as much if not sometimes more effort than some similar art. sure i dont mean insane detail high pro level paintings, but you sure as hell know what i mean. i really didnt care about this contest, nor did i care that onjit and towels level existed, but after looking at it, it deserves a high ranking. what if onjit and towel actually abducted a 6 year old named cindy who made the art... but also the minis? she is a prophet dude. babies dont make that high level crap. you are dismissing it as "durr this looks bad no effort mustve been put into it". think about how cindy felt after seeing that. she mustve been heartbroken. she probably went to her mom to tell him and cry to her, but it turns out that the mom is cheating on her husband with another man. cindy starts to scream, and calls the police. when they arrive they see that this whole time, the person porking the mom was actually two people. onjit and towel. they imminently get identified as them because the police force is actually made up of guardians. after being wrangled into the police car, onjit kicks out the back door and runs back into the house, with towel following. cindy starts screaming even more because she is a little babbu and towel and onjit tie her up and put a gun to her head. they say that they want access to all of ee's data, a helicopter, and proof that zoey is a male. the guardians have to call in nou, because these measures are obviously way too extreme for the 12 year old guardians. nou tries to negotiate, saying he'll give them a single energy and a smiley that looks like the poop emoji, but they do not budge. nou starts to break down. he cannot let a babbu die, that will ruin ee's already bad/non-existent reputation. the thing is, nou doesnt carea bout this game at all. why doesnt he give them ee's data then? that is because ee has no data. ee is simply an illusion that we all have been forced to believe. chris is actually a secret government worker who developed a mind control game. why else would people still play/associate with people that play a game that is about maneuvering smilies into levels designed by a community, and there is only 3-5 block types, with the majority being 100% solid. this isnt normal for a game to happen for 6 years. why do you think there are no new players? ee was implanted into 3000 peoples minds, as a sort of test to see how chris's mind control was going. almost 9/10ths of these people have forgotten about ee, but 1/10th still remains. when nou was told all of this, he was also told never to share this information with anyone. he cannot break his promise. he gave onjit and towel a helicopter. he proved that zoey was male in a lewd series of events. but what about ee's non-existent data? he decided to write up some code about what ee could possibly actually be, on a piece of paper. onjit and towel accepted this. it seemed to all be over. but, while nou was thinking, onjit and towel were creating a fake version of cindy. they took the real cindy with them on the helicopter, and threw her off. she feel on nou, instantly killing him. onjit and towel, to this day, were never caught. it is still unknown what chris has implanted into these peoples brains, and no one knows the truth of ee. cindy survived a long life, speaking out aganist those that hated stylistic suck type of art. she received a nobel peace prize for helping people realize that effort guys into bad art. and the guardians? they porked cindy's mom forever. when cindy died, she knew that deep down,  towel and onjit meant well. she also knew deep down, that zoey is not only a male, but he are also, 12 years old

thank you

I agree with everything that you have stated here.  I completely concur with the concatenated sentences written above.  Every line textually expressed prior to these sentences that I have just recently typed is a line that I wholeheartedly believe to match my own views.  I do believe that we have the same opinion, and I am in agreement with the idea that we both see eye to eye and are of the same mind. I absolutely, wholly, entirely, totally, from top to bottom, utterly, fully, from tip to toe consent to being associated with everything in the aforementioned post.  I fall in line with your views and would like to express my assent.  There is nothing incorrect that I would change.  I would like to go along with your post and get along with your person, because I believe that we have come to both an agreement and an understanding.  No need to settle, because I can conclude that we have reached a consensus.  I once again approve of your declaration, and hereby await further correspondence.  It is clear to me that our views match and are the same; they tie into and harmonize with one another, and are consistent with each other.  Thank you.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#69 2016-04-17 02:21:51

Bimps

AmdS wrote:

I have never saw Bimps too serious like this

yes thanks i put a lot of effort into it

#70 2016-04-17 02:23:03

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

At this point, **** seems to be turning into a meme.

Discord: jawp#5123

#71 2016-04-17 02:33:42

Kirby

JaWapa wrote:

At this point, **** seems to be turning into a meme.

I beg to differ. You see, the posts above displays friends making similar posts. Though this may look like a classic copypasta disposable meme, it, however, is not. As the famed philosopher Will Ferrel once said, "A meme can only be fresh if you can filter out the normies." And this is true, I believe. The posts above aren't fresh. They are well written posts, but they are not fresh like a well made meme. The posts above display a group of individuals sharing similar ideals to each other, on an issue that has arisen about a particular little girl, miss Cindy Trump. You see, her father is very strict, and does not appreciate memes. She joined everybody edits and created this world in an attempt to not become like her father, and be her own person. Unfortunately, she was unable to do that as her father would quickly discover her account and she would get in trouble. This is why Onjit and Bobithan stepped in to help her in her endeavors. A problem was soon encountered - Bobithan and Onjit aren't near the age of dear Cindy. Because of this, some of the judges did not appreciate that it was her work, and thought it was instead that of two much older men. This caused her score to be lowered tremendously. I've been trying to reach out to Cindy and help her, as these mean comments from judges such as Kiraninja have really negatively impacted her self esteem. This is why we are here today. To make sure that something like this does not happen to her in the future. This is why we are posting similarly. To drill the fact that she was unfairly judged into the heads of the judges themselves. This is not a meme, this is a revolution. We are here for you Cindy.

Thank you

Wooted by:

#72 2016-04-17 02:51:25

Calicara

Can you post links to all the levels in the OP that aren't in the campaign so I can check them out?

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#73 2016-04-17 02:52:52

Kirby

GG phina and the rose, got myself trapped within a minute of replaying the world //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

(theres an invisible wall to the right of me)

A7aMh4r.png

#74 2016-04-17 02:55:11

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Calicara wrote:

Can you post links to all the levels in the OP that aren't in the campaign so I can check them out?

I don't believe I can, my apologies.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#75 2016-04-17 03:02:56

Calicara

I'm talking to Toop, scrub.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

TaskManager1469459550614249

Board footer