Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2016-04-12 07:13:24

Hannah32

Re: Moderation Of EE

Maybe once you figure out that the 'offending' comments aren't actually directed towards you, you can take the banter. Instead of everyone moaning about how crap the moderating is, why don't you leave? Take the beef guys, I hardly call this a first world problem.

#102 2016-04-12 07:52:29, last edited by Norwee (2016-04-12 07:54:30)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

iPwner wrote:
AK712 wrote:

It really is quite sad. When you removed the promise of the game being "a family-friendly environment", you removed any hope of it being successful ever again.

Goodbye everyone. Enjoy the rest of your lives.

Oh you're quitting ee? :o

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. -pa!- another one bites the dust! -pa!- d-d-dust, dust, d-b-bari-ti-pa DUST!

Seriously though... do you not realize that EE's founding bricks are finding joy in the pain of others? :O I argue that a partial reason ee is DYING is because this environment was removed, as it is now in a practical police state, with /visfalsing, /inspecting, /crewonly, /giveedit, /report, TABkick, death of open worlds, etc... so all the people who enjoyed that aspect are slowly trickling away. 3;

Thats true. I remember the first days of when i played EE, i found this immense joy in exploiting the key placement and minimap of stair levels and making people fall everytime they were JUST about to make it up to the next checkpoint. Also the joyous moment when you got the code in a "boss to code" level and could troll away and destroy the level permamently without being worried about repercussions from the owner or moderators. Ah~ good times bro... good times. :)

But! all was ruined with the addition of saved worlds and /getblockplacement. Those filthy mods should be ashamed of adding /kick and /mute. EE got RUINED!!1!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#103 2016-04-12 11:48:02

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

omg, the inspect tool just ruined the game.
And /mute... Ohhh /mute is the single reason for EE dying. Definitely not the poor moderating from MrShoe, and lack of updates.

Hannah32 wrote:

Maybe once you figure out that the 'offending' comments aren't actually directed towards you, you can take the banter. Instead of everyone moaning about how crap the moderating is, why don't you leave? Take the beef guys, I hardly call this a first world problem.

It's not a joke if its hurting someone.

Why don't they leave? They shouldn't have to. They aren't the ones at fault here.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#104 2016-04-12 17:14:05, last edited by Yandax (2016-04-12 18:39:15)

Yandax

JaWapa wrote:

What I meant was:

Nou tells everyone what to do. That's pretty much it. When I was a moderator, I told him many time that we needed help with reports. Every time, he told me it wasn't an admins job.

Proc is almost always online, but I've rarely seen him do anything with EE. His excuse: "I'm lazy"

Toop is always doing god knows what.

NVD is always "on vacation." He's exactly like MrShoe.

And yet somehow, we get updates released.
JaWapa, I think you're letting the fact that Nou removed your status as moderator cloud your judgement about him. (Read Skullz17's post below)
And, if NVD is really 16 like he says he is, he can get away with being on vacation (I think)

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#105 2016-04-12 17:42:21

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Thats true. I remember the first days of when i played EE, i found this immense joy in exploiting the key placement and minimap of stair levels and making people fall everytime they were JUST about to make it up to the next checkpoint. Also the joyous moment when you got the code in a "boss to code" level and could troll away and destroy the level permamently without being worried about repercussions from the owner or moderators. Ah~ good times bro... good times. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

But! all was ruined with the addition of saved worlds and /getblockplacement. Those filthy mods should be ashamed of adding /kick and /mute. EE got RUINED!!1!

I think the game is directed more towards people who genuinely want to make worlds rather than those who want to destroy them. If you really insist on finding a level to troll, just search "code" in the lobby and try to find a world without the owner there.

Wooted by:

#106 2016-04-12 18:00:27

skullz17

Yandax wrote:

JaWapa, I think you're letting the fact that Nou removed your status as moderator cloud your judgement about him.

I think you are basing this judgement on nothing at all. You weren't part of the staff, so how do you know what Nou is like? Stop making assumptions about things you don't know about, it just stirs up drama and adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

This isn't just directed to Yandax, a lot of people have mentioned facts about Jawapa which have no place in this discussion.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#107 2016-04-12 18:33:23, last edited by Yandax (2016-04-12 18:40:17)

Yandax

skullz17 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

JaWapa, I think you're letting the fact that Nou removed your status as moderator cloud your judgement about him.

I think you are basing this judgement on nothing at all. You weren't part of the staff, so how do you know what Nou is like? Stop making assumptions about things you don't know about, it just stirs up drama and adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

This isn't just directed to Yandax, a lot of people have mentioned facts about Jawapa which have no place in this discussion.

Y'know, you're right. I don't know Nou and probably shouldn't have reacted like this.

Sometimes I need to be slapped in the face and told I'm wrong

Woot if you hate me

#108 2016-04-12 19:25:29, last edited by Calicara (2016-04-12 20:25:17)

Calicara

From a perspective of someone who doesn't play much anymore:

I'll admit I've always enjoyed the game more for its trolling/destructive aspects. Part of the reason I quit was because I suck at building levels, and so I mostly only came on to act obnoxious when I was bored. I never expected the game to cater to me. I've always been pretty notorious, probably always will be.

Me leaving though was probably a good thing. The game shouldn't cater to destructive behavior. Maybe it sucks when the trolls leave, but think of how many people left because of the trolls. I agree the staff probably needs more moderation. That being said, like others, I don't feel Jawapa is the most appropriate player to make this topic. I felt even when he was a moderator, his moderation was too strict. He'd often ban people on minor offenses, and basically screamed to the community "Play the game right or get out!"

I also agree that Master1 is too lax. I get he's a really great community guy, but it's clear he tends to be biased toward his friends.

I think the staff, mainly Nou, should definitely hire some more moderators. Having a good community improves the game as a whole.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#109 2016-04-13 16:20:48

Aoitenshi

people still talk about this

#110 2016-04-13 17:38:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Aoitenshi wrote:

people still talk about this

water is wet

the sky is blue

#111 2016-04-13 22:39:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

NVD insulting somebody

k8OMUtO.png

#112 2016-04-13 22:41:11

Anak

N1KF wrote:

NVD insulting somebody

k8OMUtO.png

Context? Still not the best thing to say lmao but idk what's going on there

#113 2016-04-13 22:48:42

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Anak wrote:
N1KF wrote:

NVD insulting somebody

k8OMUtO.png

By now, it is buried beneath the depths of the chat. If somebody else knows the context, however, I would like to hear about it.

#114 2016-04-13 22:58:39

Priddle

N1KF wrote:
Anak wrote:
N1KF wrote:

NVD insulting somebody

http://i.imgur.com/k8OMUtO.png

By now, it is buried beneath the depths of the chat. If somebody else knows the context, however, I would like to hear about it.

The problem there is that Ernesdo cursed with cancer. I do not approve of cursing with deadly diseases.
(Just saying, I lost someone from cancer 2 days ago)

#115 2016-04-13 23:04:17

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Nvd wrote:

The problem there is that Ernesdo cursed with cancer. I do not approve of cursing with deadly diseases.

I think as an administrator, it is a good idea to call somebody out (and maybe even ban) for doing that. I however think that personally insulting somebody over this is a bit extreme.

#116 2016-04-13 23:20:52, last edited by Priddle (2016-04-13 23:21:41)

Priddle

N1KF wrote:
Nvd wrote:

I think as an administrator, it is a good idea to call somebody out (and maybe even ban) for doing that. I however think that personally insulting somebody over this is a bit extreme.

I did not insult him (did I? If so, my apologies. I meant something else).
I'm just trying to say that the word "cancer" should only be used for the disease itself or horoscope, but for nothing else.
He could hurt people that lost somebody because of cancer.

Wooted by: (4)

#117 2016-04-14 00:09:19

Yandax

N1KF wrote:
Anak wrote:
N1KF wrote:

NVD insulting somebody

http://i.imgur.com/k8OMUtO.png

He was insulting the mods and NVD/NOU mod choices

Woot if you hate me

#118 2016-04-14 00:14:49

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Okay, this appears to be getting taken care of.

Discord: jawp#5123

#119 2016-04-14 00:15:29

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

closed on op request

thanks based staff

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Zoey20701460589329595703

Board footer