Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-05 22:36:26

RhazzleFrazzle

Mafia 7 game thread:Matrix 6 (Mafia wins!!!)

So after game 6, I decided I would phase out some mechanics I consider to be a crutch. I already don't use last wills, but starting this game I will remove two things. Night feedback is being removed, meaning you won't be told if you get roleblocked, if an attack against you fails, or any other action is performed on you. Dying and investigative results are the exception. Secondly, I will no longer distinguish how any player dies. I will no longer say killed by the Mafia/Serial Killer/Vigilante, and will just say a player died last night.

To start this out, I will be doing a tried and true setup from Mafiascum.

I asked Bobithan to color code the setup and he gave me this

One of the rows or columns will be picked by RNG, and those 3 roles will be used. 5 Citizens and 1 Mafia goon will be added to create a 9 player game.

The following rules are in play, and please don't talk about the game outside of the thread/Mafia chat under any circumstance without my permission. No exceptions.

1. All forum rules apply, however spam and multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue, but don't push it.

2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted. No exceptions.

3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.

4. Do not quote someone else's post and edit for misleading purposes.

5. You must stay active and contribute to discussion to stay in the game. If you stay inactive too long, you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours. Earning more than one prod will result in you being replaced or modkilled.

6. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.

7. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

8. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.

9. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.

10. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.

11. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.

12. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

#2 2016-04-06 21:26:55

Bobithan

Re: Mafia 7 game thread:Matrix 6 (Mafia wins!!!)

FIRST

hi how are you all today.

aka towwl

#3 2016-04-06 21:27:06

Bobithan

go dammit i wanted that streak

aka towwl

#4 2016-04-07 01:19:59

Bobithan

sry im just waiting out the funposting

aka towwl

#5 2016-04-07 01:21:32

Bobithan

not yet; still funposting

aka towwl

#6 2016-04-07 18:25:50

Bobithan

Am I the only one who finds jons role claim a bit off? I don't see what a bulletproof townie would gain from claiming BP. Really, it would just hurt the town, as the mafia would then know not to waste a shot on the BP citizen. I trust Jon is smart enough to realize that, so I'm just wondering what we have to gain with this information.

aka towwl

#7 2016-04-07 22:30:08

Bobithan

If Alpha is scum he's definitely not the consort. I doubt the mafia would make their power role do something as risky as that. I don't think he'd do that as a town PR either. I'd be willing to bet he's either a citizen or a goon, which really doesn't help much but WHATEVEr

also keep in mind he did say in his claim for nobody else to claim their roles, so really I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish with that gambit. I guess he did say later he was expecting the BP to counterclaim but I really don't see why the BP would do that if they were actually here. I'd imagine as the BP you would want the mafia to shoot you to buy the town more time, so counterclaiming would be counterproductive and wouldn't help the town at all, especially if you're counterclaiming against what is supposed to be a townie. It seems like a dumb plan, and for what? Eliminating two choices? It didn't even work, there's no way to know if there even is a BP or not. I don't see what any town members would seek to gain from a play like that.

It would make sense if it was a scum plan. Bait a BP counterclaim, then back down claiming it to be a town plan all along just to find out the game structure. I mean, what kind of scum would do that, right?

Either it was a scum plan or Alpha just made a really dumb play, and I think Alpha is smarter than that.

aka towwl

#8 2016-04-07 23:28:20

Bobithan

AlphaJon wrote:

This one has a <5% chance to happen if you ask me, because why would the legit one not counterclaim

Bulletproof exists to buy Town time. Counterclaiming would basically nullify the role entirely, since the mafia can just let them live until the endgame easily. idk why they would counterclaim. I think the possibility of there being a BP is just the same as it was before.

I do appreciate you starting up discussion though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

aka towwl

#9 2016-04-10 16:03:12

Bobithan

I really, really doubt that the mafia lies in one of those pairs. Just because they act similar doesn't mean they are paired, if anything I think they'd be more careful about that and try to avoid it.

Also I'd love for Calicara and Onjit to give some actual insight rather than continuing to nolynch on day 1. We actually have a good amount of content to work with here that's not just fluff. We can't really even expect to get much to work with however the night goes anyways so there's no point in waiting around for somebody to die.

aka towwl

#10 2016-04-11 18:33:33

Bobithan

bah, ever since that initial BP claim I really couldn't see alpha being anything but scum. Okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but he hasn't really done anything since to win my vote over to somebody else. If there's anything we learned from his claim it wasn't anything to do with the setup but that alpha is scummy as heck

!vote AlphaJon

Day's almost over folks. Sure there's ee drama but mafia is still going on too!!

aka towwl

#11 2016-04-13 21:24:01

Bobithan

I posted as much as I needed to on day 1 to get my own point across regarding Alpha's ridiculous claim and stayed as quiet as everybody else during those long awkward silences. I'm not trying to avoid attention, I just haven't found many situations in which I needed to gain any. I really only post when I feel like I need to.
I haven't posted at all D2 because it just started and I've been at school.

I don't know what you're trying to get at?

I'll post my general thoughts later today anyways, probably. Just wanted to get that dumb prod out of the way for now...

aka towwl

#12 2016-04-13 22:55:54

Bobithan

I explained my reasoning prior to voting here and did not feel the need to repeat myself when dropping the actual vote. Sure, like 40 posts may have happened between that post and the actual voting, but I really don't contribute when I'm just going to be repeating what other people have said.

I haven't posted much, sure, but it's not like I haven't spoken my mind on things like you guys are suggesting. I said what I felt necessary for me to say and that's it, that's just how I tend to play.

aka towwl

#13 2016-04-18 21:28:21

Bobithan

ok time to complain kinda:
lurking =/= scum
some people just act scummy; look at context
bimps is smarter than you guys think
dont tunnel
dont meta replacements
dont expect me to be a great contributor

also sorry I really should've contributed more to get conversation going, a lot of the game was pretty uneventful. also feel kinda bad about bailing out but i didnt really feel like thinking about mafia with a bunch of stuff going on irl

i like medium sized games better personally also

aka towwl

N1KF1461167649597376

Board footer