Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#426 2016-03-08 22:28:05

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Re: Mafia | Game 5 - Mafia/Witch Victory: The New Law

Eh, I'm inclined to think Onjit as being scum. At least moreso than Cali. Here's hoping.

!vote Onjit

#427 2016-03-08 22:33:03

Creature

Votecount 3.6 [FINAL]

[4] Onjit - Calicara, maxi123, AlphaJon, Kaslai
[2] Calicara - RhazzleFrazzle, Onjit
[0] maxi123
[0] Pyromaniac's slot
[0] Anak
[0] AlphaJon
[0] Kaslai
[0] RhazzleFrazzle

[0] No lynch
[2] Not voting: Anak, Pyromaniac.

Onjit will be lynched!

This is a false statement.

#428 2016-03-08 22:53:48

Creature

Town reunited to take Onjit off. They knew that if they were wrong, it would be their end.

The town strongly tied Onjit's neck and had Kaslai push the lever. Was it another one down? Or town made their fatal mistake? Onjit dropped a knife, but it didn't look made to kill, soon town realised what they did. Onjit was just a Doctor after all.

night 1 i protected calicara
night 2 i protected rhaz
night 3 i protected rhaz

my guess is pyro ninja alphajon

Soon town realised who was mafia, but it was too late, they already made their kill.

maxi123 pulls up his gun and aims at Kaslai, but is shot before he could pull the trigger. His intention wasn't evil, his attentioned seemed coming from a Veteran.

The shot came from the town's only lady, Calicara. She quickly shoot down Anak and Pyromaniac, both were just poor Citizens.

There was now only one town left, RhazzleFrazzle, the Sheriff.

"I knew! I knew it was you..." The sheriff shouts.

"Your time has come" Calicara replies.

RhazzleFrazzle tried to run, but was pushed back by a strange force used by AlphaJon, the Witch. He was dragged to the gallow, where Onjit was hanging. However, he was tied to the pole and a bunch of wood were thrown at his bottom.

"Goodbye, Rhazz!" Kaslai says before setting RhazzleFrazzle on fire.

It was over.

#429 2016-03-08 23:01:12

Creature

Since there's no way to mafia not outnumber town tonight without being completely stupid. I am calling this a Mafia Win.

Winners:
Ninja, the Consigliere
Calicara, the Janitor
Kaslai, the Blackmailer

AlphaJon, the Witch

Losers:
RhazzleFrazzle, the Sheriff
W24, the Bodyguard
maxi123, the Veteran
SmittyW, the Lookout
Onjit, the Doctor
Processor, the Citizen
Pyromaniac, the Citizen
Unau, the Citizen
Anak, the Citizen

Night Actions:

N1 Night Actions:

RhazzleFrazzle investigates W24
W24 protects Unau
maxi123 doesn't alert
SmittyW watches maxi123
Onjit heals Calicara

Ninja investigates Anak
Calicara kills Processor
!nb4/Kaslai tracks Processor

AlphaJon controls Processor to SmittyW

N2 Night Actions:

RhazzleFrazzle investigates Ninja
W24 protects Pyromaniac
maxi123 doesn't alert
SmittyW watches Anak
Onjit heals RhazzleFrazzle

Ninja investigates Pyromaniac
Calicara kills SmittyW
!nb4 tracks nobody

AlphaJon controls Ninja to Ninja

N3 Night Actions:

RhazzleFrazzle investigates AlphaJon
W24 protects RhazzleFrazzle
maxi123 alerts
Onjit heals RhazzleFrazzle

Ninja investigates maxi123
Calicara kills W24
Kaslai tracks AlphaJon

AlphaJon controls W24 into Kaslai

Mafia Chat
Graveyard Chat

#430 2016-03-08 23:01:34

Creature

Rants and review incoming.

#431 2016-03-08 23:04:44

Anak

So Kaslai was the blackmailer! I got your message, hope you got mine. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
That would've been such an interesting game had it gone on.
I'll post more in a bit

#432 2016-03-08 23:06:10

Anak

Oh, here are my reads which I was literally just about to post but then majority was reached. r00d //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Hidden text

#433 2016-03-08 23:13:20

Calicara

I'll admit I slipped up near the end. I shouldn't have voted you Anak (honest to goodness I forgot about the blackmailing we did though).

I'm glad we found Alpha near the end though, it was obvious he was turning a blind eye toward the sheriff.

I think I could've played much better, but considering its my first game I didn't die before the end I'm pretty happy about that.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#434 2016-03-08 23:14:13

Calicara

I guess you can think of me like Kira from deathnote heh. Too self assured and too obviously aligned with an evil force.

tgA1y17.jpg

#435 2016-03-08 23:14:47

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

oh wow OH WOW

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#436 2016-03-08 23:17:11

Anak

Calicara wrote:

I'll admit I slipped up near the end. I shouldn't have voted you Anak (honest to goodness I forgot about the blackmailing we did though).

I'm glad we found Alpha near the end though, it was obvious he was turning a blind eye toward the sheriff.

I think I could've played much better, but considering its my first game I didn't die before the end I'm pretty happy about that.

I think you definitely slipped up at the end, changing your attitude quite a lot. I definitely suspected you and Kaslai, but not AlphaJon at all!

I just looked at the actions, and I'm confused.
N1 I got a blackmail message: "We are watching you"

Then on N3 I got this: "are you the witch? i think you might be, so if you are please say "i hope the mafia hasnt started collaborating with the witch, becaus we will lose then"

ill be talking you you later."

But Ninja already investigated me, and nothing was changed about that. Did you just disregard that, or were you trying to mess with me?

#437 2016-03-08 23:19:07

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I'm genuinely surprised my Scum-o-meter worked to confuse the votes as well as it did, and we only just realized who the witch probably was at the start of day 4.

With Maxi's vote though, we were able to get the quick hammer on Onjit, who we figured was a protective, and with AlphaJon's just-in-time cooperation, we were able to secure the victory. In a situation like this, you need to be really careful with your votes. I was considering busing Cali and voting for her, but then I realized how awful a mistake that probably was.

It sucked being foisted into a mafia role partway through a game for my first game, but we managed somehow.

#438 2016-03-08 23:22:47

Calicara

Anak we were going for a play that didn't quite work. We were trying to copy maxis style of handwriting in order to get you to suspect him. Clearly it didn't work. It was an experimental play, and we didn't have much to lose.

tgA1y17.jpg

#439 2016-03-08 23:23:07

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Anak wrote:

Did you just disregard that, or were you trying to mess with me?

We were trying to mess with you. I was seriously considering implicating myself as mafia to encourage you to not vote for me (assuming you thought we thought you were the witch)

It would have been a WIFOM attempt to get you to think I was actually a target marked for death by the mafia, and then subsequently you'd then lobby to save me from the gallows.

Instead I somehow managed to derail the Kas-wagon myself.

#440 2016-03-08 23:26:57

Anak

Calicara wrote:

Anak we were going for a play that didn't quite work. We were trying to copy maxis style of handwriting in order to get you to suspect him. Clearly it didn't work. It was an experimental play, and we didn't have much to lose.

Oh lmao! I suspected Maxi for other reasons, but you did do well on that somewhat.

Kaslai wrote:
Anak wrote:

Did you just disregard that, or were you trying to mess with me?

We were trying to mess with you. I was seriously considering implicating myself as mafia to encourage you to not vote for me (assuming you thought we thought you were the witch)

It would have been a WIFOM attempt to get you to think I was actually a target marked for death by the mafia, and then subsequently you'd then lobby to save me from the gallows.

Instead I somehow managed to derail the Kas-wagon myself.

If you had, I probably would've just voted you and outed the whole message. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I was willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of throwing you off, but had there been any specific mentions, that would've been just as good.

Aw, I was hoping it was genuine! Oh well.

#441 2016-03-08 23:33:50

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Calicara wrote:

Why me ;(
You failed tho i barely talk like that

i8SwC8p.png

#442 2016-03-08 23:35:53

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Also why do i get 403 error when trying to view the quicktopics

i8SwC8p.png

#443 2016-03-08 23:37:11

AlphaJon

I'll tell you something: being the witch is hard: You're all by yourself. Town is against you. The mafia doesn't know you, so they can also kill you unknowingly. (Well, at least the only protection I had)

I couldn't interact with them in any way until late D4, literally around 2 hours before the end of the day, when Kaslai FINALLY messaged me.

The night action is essentially a roleblock+possible random action, which can get you killed by Veteran, should you go on him, in the same way as anyone else, regardless of the shield.

My parade until mid-D3 was simple: I would act as a real townie, look for mafia as if I really wanted them dead. Except for the Rhaz part. He was too controlling to be trusted easily, and I played on that.
Somewhat later I find out people start reading me as scum, and don't ask me why, but I immediately imagined Rhaz coming back at me. And there I didn't dare to post as often as before, because a misplaced character in an otherwise regular text can get you out in mafia. (Calicara got reads from other players go from towy to scummy progressively as she slipped, it would have been a matter of time before she gets lynched.)

About the blackmail messages: you really had to wait till the very end to contact me, huh? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
I thought about kaslai being the one behind it, but what made me think it was Anak who sent me the message is the fact that Kaslai wasn't in the logged in users list when I received the PM, while Anak was on. Guess you can't even trust the forums themselves in mafia //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#444 2016-03-08 23:44:43

Kaslai
Official Caroler

AlphaJon wrote:

Kaslai wasn't in the logged in users list when I received the PM

That's because the messages are sent via out-of-forum means, proxied through the host.

The reason I waited so long to contact you was because I wanted to be as sure as possible that you were the witch. I didn't want to reveal any cards unnecessarily. Sorry for leaving you all alone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Also, I had literally just sat down at the computer when you placed the vote on Onjit, and I didn't even get your response to my message until after I placed my vote.

#445 2016-03-08 23:44:46

AlphaJon

Oh yeah, a funny thing: N1 and N3, I had the same targets as the mafia, without knowing anything about them. There was just the N2 Ninja on Ninja thing, but otherwise my roleblocks were useless since the targets dieded.

#446 2016-03-08 23:46:47

Schlog

good game, guys
i'll play again next time if possible

#447 2016-03-08 23:49:07

Calicara

I can't wait till Rhazz gets on. I'm sure he's rolling in his virtual grave.

tgA1y17.jpg

#448 2016-03-08 23:55:55

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

soooooo whos hosting next game? Pls dont start sign ups until 14:00  UTC c:

i8SwC8p.png

#449 2016-03-09 00:09:54

Anak

How are the hosts picked anyways? From the winners, whoever wants to, the host decides?

#450 2016-03-09 00:15:05

Schlog

it's probably just whoever's the most trusted with moderator privileges on forum games

RhazzleFrazzle1457531347587571

Board footer