Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-08 00:04:38

RhazzleFrazzle

Mafia 4 game thread (Day 2)

Do not post in this thread unless you are in the game.
If you wish to join go to the signups thread and join the backup queue. If a player needs to be replaced out the first person in the backup queue will take their spot.

The following rules are in play for the game, and I will be stricter on these rules than I was last time.

1. All forum rules apply, however spam and multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue, but don't push it.

2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.

3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.

4. Do not quote someone else's post and edit for misleading purposes.

5. You must stay active and contribute to discussion to stay in the game. If you stay inactive too long, you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours. Earning more than one prod will result in you being replaced or modkilled.

6. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying your night result or what your role is, but don't copy paste an entire role pm.

7. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

8. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.

9. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat.

10. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.

11. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.

12. The moderator's word is final.

If you have any questions you can pm me or post in this thread, however keep in mind that questions relating to the current game I will likely not be able to answer, so only ask about game mechanics.

#2 2016-02-08 20:04:19

Anak

Re: Mafia 4 game thread (Day 2)

This is Jonna Lee
Screen-shot-2014-01-23-at-2.19.26-PM.png

tumblr_n20s3gujBz1qmu94do1_500.gif
She's perfect I love her

#3 2016-02-08 20:07:02

Anak

maxi123 wrote:

so its the lady on your forum pic?
why is she dressed into a giant "protection" on 2nd gif

Yes, and aren't you immature!

#4 2016-02-08 20:10:39

Anak

Creature wrote:

We should lynch Anak for posting celebrity pics.

screen-shot-2012-02-15-at-7-47-37-pm.png

#5 2016-02-08 20:48:24

Anak

maxi123 wrote:

anak wth
stop fangirling weird stuff

Absolutely not

#6 2016-02-09 01:10:39

Anak

Pyromaniac wrote:
Anak wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

so its the lady on your forum pic?
why is she dressed into a giant "protection" on 2nd gif

Yes, and aren't you immature!

but she IS wearing a giant condom

It's just a plastic jumpsuit. Don't know what kind of condoms you've been purchasing.

#7 2016-02-11 20:08:35

Anak

It's good they haven't killed at least. We have more time now, especially knowing there's a serial killer as well as the mafia.

#8 2016-02-11 23:06:31

Anak

If they were roleblocked the 2 other mafia would have stepped in surely, unless they were offline or something.

#9 2016-02-11 23:19:54

Anak

Calicara wrote:

Since we're on the topic of roleblocking, last night I Rb'ed Creature.

Why are you outing so soon?

#10 2016-02-11 23:34:19

Anak

Alright, if that's true: I also roleblocked someone. Last night I tried to roleblock Tako, but was told by Rhazh that apparently someone had changed my action so that I had roleblocked someone else.
So, either there are 2 town roleblocking roles or my action was changed to roleblock Creature and Calicara is lying/consort.

#11 2016-02-11 23:41:58

Anak

Creature wrote:

I don't think Calicara would guess who you would roleblock like this.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say? If I were controlled, then someone would know who they're changing my roleblock to. Either Calicara knows who my roleblock was changed to, or there is more than one town roleblocking PR.

#12 2016-02-11 23:56:27

Anak

Calicara wrote:

Creature confirmed me. Anak me also have a roleblocking role, but that is no reason to suspect me. I was simply confirming what I did in order to try and help the town further investigate. The fact that Anak attacks me after I was confirmed makes me suspect him just a little.

The fact I suspect you is because you carried out the same action as me. I'm not condemning you completely; there may be another town roleblocking role. What I also find curious is that you immediately outed yourself by saying you roleblocked, rather than letting someone say they were roleblocked. The call was more for actions which were done to you, not ones which you did yourself. Maybe there is nothign to read on you for that, but it strikes me as rather strange.

#13 2016-02-12 00:02:36

Anak

Granted she may be telling the truth that she roleblocked someone, but in that case I don't see why there would be two town roleblocking PRs.
I can let it go if there are, (it's curious to me but whatever) but I'm not sure that'll be answered, and I just don't see why there would be.

#14 2016-02-12 00:10:23

Anak

I would still assume the roles are different, but as I said if there are indeed two town roleblocking PRs I can let it go.

#15 2016-02-12 19:11:27

Anak

So now that I'm here let me just respond to a couple things.

Creature wrote:

Second, if you noticed, I am so far the only one who claimed to be roleblocked. If Anak had roleblocking abilities, someone should've said they were roleblocked by now. So I am suspicious about Anak's claim.

As I mentioned, my action was changed. Unfortunately Rhazh didn't tell me who I had roleblocked instead. Since you confirmed Calicara's outing, I assumed it was changed to you.

Processor wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

he could've just been afk until after cali claimed rb

a) He posted earlier in the day, if he wanted to tell us, he could do that earlier
b) He confirmed calicara within ~15 minutes

I believe he had no intentions to tell us about the kidnap at all.

Now THIS is something I hadn't noticed. I've been on at Calicara for doing the same action as me, but this I hadn't considered. Creature, why didn't you say you had been roleblocked before? Granted you may have forgotten, but from previous games I'm sure we've learned to tell what's happened to us in the night. Whilst I am still curious as to why Calicara outed in the first place, this I would like to know as well.

Creature wrote:

Still, if nobody claims roleblocked (besides me), it means Anak hit a mafia or he's lying about having a roleblocking ability. There's no reason for town to refuse to say they were roleblocked.

Anak claiming early won't make him automatically town.

Once again, my action was changed. And I don't think anyone claiming so early would confirm them.

#16 2016-02-13 00:01:27

Anak

Calicara wrote:

Also my day 1 chat was just me being silly. Please don't take it too seriously.

I'm not counting Day 1 at all tbh, everyone was joking about and I don't think there was anything serious there so...

Who hasn't yet posted/contributed (or not much) since the start of Day 2? It would be worht their while to speak up.

#17 2016-02-13 14:05:19

Anak

Processor wrote:

@Anak: Please explain why you thought RBing Tako was a good idea. It seems like an odd choice...

I just chose him randomly. There wasn't anything to go by on Day 1, and I figured my role would be more helpful doing something than nothing.

Zoey2070 wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Is there a town swapper? (I think it's called the Bus Driver?) Because then the other neutral might not be a witch

anak specifically said controlled instead of transported

although he could have fudged the phrasing a bit to mislead us into believing there was a witch?

I meant controlled.

#18 2016-02-13 14:33:52

Anak

Processor wrote:

"(Anak) brought up way late"
Roleclaims shouldn't happen at all in my opinion. They guarantee your death as soon as doctor dies. It makes sense that she was hesitant to claim at first.

I don't think I brought it up too late. I found it necessary to bring up, and I wouldn't have outed myself if Calicara hadn't.

Calicara outed 3 hours after I had initially posted (in fact, me, Creature, and Calicara had all posted just after the Day started) Considering Creature hadn't backed up her claim until about 15 minutes, I didn't feel it necessary to post yet, as her claim couldn't be verified. I then outed myself 5 minutes after Creature confirmed, so I don't think that's late at all.

Wooted by:

#19 2016-02-13 16:30:57

Anak

Maxi voted Processor, I think Zoey voted but I don't remember

#20 2016-02-13 22:38:14

Anak

Processor wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

what. look, if i make it near the end, i consider it a win.

I am just speechless. This is the definition of gamethrowing.
(@RhazzleFrazzle: REPORT REPORT PLEASE REPLACE ZOEY FOR GODS SAKE)

?? Why such an exaggeration, she was not being serious, and she meant a personal win for herself.

I'm not saying I agree with her, uh, strategy, but you're being rather over the top about this

#21 2016-02-13 23:35:34

Anak

Zoey2070 wrote:
Anak wrote:

If they were roleblocked the 2 other mafia would have stepped in surely, unless they were offline or something.

ok it's kinda weird that anak, as a roleblocker, doesn't know how roleblocking works

Oh it slipped my mind that the other mafia wouldn't have been notified

#22 2016-02-14 00:20:05

Anak

Processor wrote:
Anak wrote:

Oh it slipped my mind that the other mafia wouldn't have been notified

I think Anak is confusing the role blocking mechanic with the way Jailor worked in the first mafia game.
You chose a target during the DAY and they couldnt participate in the night chat anymore.

RhazzleFrazzle switched to another method were the roleblocks are submitted at night and at the same time with the mafia commands. So if the mafia are unlucky, they might get roleblocked with the wrong person.

Processor wrote:

Although, yes, he should know how her roleblocking works because he received the rolecard for it. hmmm

I've actually been playing mafia on Skype with my friends, and put a roleblocking role in there. The mechanic I (quickly) made up was that the person is notified that they're roleblocked as soon as they are, so I just got that mixed up.

#23 2016-02-14 00:48:34

Anak

maxi123 wrote:
Processor wrote:

Now you're nagging around for no reason. Voting out of nowhere is suspicious, but Smitty and I just had a convo about Zoey. Look a few posts behind this one. I literally asked Smitty to vote for her.

lol maybe, i didnt bother reading that whole "she is sarcastic im sarcastic lets all be sarcastic" conversation
but look, you literally FORCED him to vote for zoey
doesnt that look like you try to control all of this?

uh... what?
When did he force him lmao

#24 2016-02-14 01:58:23

Anak

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

You are Jonna Lee's Thigh Gap
You are aligned with the Town

You've been famous for so long, but fame gets you nowhere when the Mafia kills your audience. You decided to put some "special skills" to use and stop the Mafia.

At night you may choose a player to distract, preventing them from using their night action if they have one. Players will be notified that they were roleblocked. You are immune to roleblocks.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread can be found here

Well well well

#25 2016-02-14 01:59:13

Anak

Also idk why this is cancelled over one incident but ok
Processor will you be doing these from now on?

TaskManager1455570683583252

Board footer