Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2016-01-25 16:02:56

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

There is no wonder Obama cannot pass his healthcare bill when the political situation is so tense and difficult in the USA. If the US is to become a better country than today, I hope they will reconsider their political system and tweak it so more political options can resonate through the media than the two choices they face today, thus ridding the people of the “us or them” mindset by simplifying everything into two sides.   

Jawapa wrote:

Democrat is elected -> Republicans impede on any bills they have -> Republican is elected -> democrats impeded on any bills they have -> back to the beginning :D

^exactly

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I'm in a class where we actually study the United States like it's some sort of experiment gone wrong. sometimes the religious nutjobs, sometimes the stupid excuse of an "election."

Jawapa wrote:

But "religious nutjobs" really aren't a part of the United States.  What about the "religious nutjobs" that blow people up in the Middle East?  What about the "religious nutjobs" who set themselves on fire in Asia?  For the most part, religion is peaceful here.  Maybe explain a bit more?

Well i have heard alot of horror stories in my class about some of us visiting the US South to study there and then their host families were extremely religious. Once the host family figured out that their visitor was an atheist/agnostic they would treat them badly. I also heard a priest publicly shamed one of my atheist friends when he joined his host family for sunday church. That all sounds quite horrible to me. Why can't they respect someones beliefs instead of treating them like trash or expecting them to convert? That's why i used the term "religious nutjob," cus thats what it sounded like they were to me.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

sometimes the stupid excuse of an "election."

Jawapa wrote:

What?  That doesn't make any sense.

I tried to convey in my school essay how i disliked the two-party system. That's what im referring to here.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#102 2016-01-25 18:06:31

Insanity

A quote from George Washington:

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into
two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting
measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension,
is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

Even the first president of our country figured out how terrible a two party system is

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (2)

#103 2016-01-26 04:30:27, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-01-26 06:16:23)

iPwner
Website

Norwegianboy wrote:

Well i have heard alot of horror stories in my class about some of us visiting the US South to study there and then their host families were extremely religious. Once the host family figured out that their visitor was an atheist/agnostic they would treat them badly. I also heard a priest publicly shamed one of my atheist friends when he joined his host family for sunday church. That all sounds quite horrible to me. Why can't they respect someones beliefs instead of treating them like trash or expecting them to convert? That's why i used the term "religious nutjob," cus thats what it sounded like they were to me.

Yeah the southern states are where all the gun-worshipping milkjugs roam. ;D All of them are 100% racist, 100% dumb - guaranteed, no matter how good their "sensible person" acting skills are COUGHJAWAPACOUGH ! Just don't go there~ and you should be (relatively) safe-ish... o-o. The only states with sane people are New York and California, and a few of the little states scattered around those two, and even then 30% of people here/there are still teetering on borderline stickUpMyLoftyButt Syndrome! ;-O

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#104 2016-01-26 18:04:14

sthegreat

Jawapa wrote:

But "religious nutjobs" really aren't a part of the United States.  What about the "religious nutjobs" that blow people up in the Middle East?  What about the "religious nutjobs" who set themselves on fire in Asia?  For the most part, religion is peaceful here.  Maybe explain a bit more?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

There definitely are religious nutjobs in the US, especially the southern states (Believe me, I live there). The only reason imo they are not also suicide bombers is because they would have a hard time finding a large group of people who aren't christian to blow up.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#105 2016-01-26 19:28:33

Anak

Well I don't believe but I actually somewhat agree with iPwner on this.
Him getting banned was inevitable though

#106 2016-01-26 22:29:36

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

iPwner wrote:

Yeah the southern states are where all the gun-worshipping milkjugs roam.

Oregon isn't a southern state.  Ohio is fairly big on guns too; also not a southern state.

iPwner wrote:

southern states are where all the gun-worshipping milkjugs roam. ;D All of them are 100% racist, 100% dumb

iPwner wrote:

The only states with sane people are New York and California, and a few of the little states scattered around those two, and even then 30% of people here/there are still teetering on borderline stickUpMyLoftyButt Syndrome! ;-O

this is social profiling/stereotyping... same thing as racism.

Discord: jawp#5123

#107 2016-01-26 22:55:59

Anak

JaWapa wrote:
iPwner wrote:

southern states are where all the gun-worshipping milkjugs roam. ;D All of them are 100% racist, 100% dumb

iPwner wrote:

The only states with sane people are New York and California, and a few of the little states scattered around those two, and even then 30% of people here/there are still teetering on borderline stickUpMyLoftyButt Syndrome! ;-O

Racism is systematic oppression based on the colour of your skin. Calling someone stupid because they're southern is nowhere near it.

Wooted by:

#108 2016-01-26 22:57:38

Pingohits
Banned

JaWapa wrote:

it's social profiling/stereotyping, but not the same thing as racism

791mAP8.png

#109 2016-01-26 23:04:00

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

pingohit 2k15

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#110 2016-01-26 23:13:26

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Racism - the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

the belief that all members of each "race" possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race

iPwner wrote:

Yeah the southern states are where all the gun-worshipping milkjugs roam. ;D All of them are 100% racist, 100% dumb

especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

iPwner wrote:

The only states with sane people are New York and California

iPwner wrote:

Yeah the southern states are where all the gun-worshipping milkjugs roam. ;D All of them are 100% racist, 100% dumb

#111 2016-01-26 23:31:28

Different55
Forum Admin

Anak wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
iPwner wrote:

iPwner wrote:

Racism is systematic oppression based on the colour of your skin. Calling someone stupid because they're southern is nowhere near it.

http://reaperxero.tumblr.com/post/91365 … ms-edition

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#112 2016-01-26 23:43:18

Anak

Different55 wrote:
Anak wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
iPwner wrote:

iPwner wrote:

http://reaperxero.tumblr.com/post/91365 … ms-edition

Oh, ok. I've never actually seen the term "individual racism" before so thanks for linking me.

#113 2016-01-27 03:14:30

shadowda

prejudice you mean?

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#114 2016-01-27 22:12:34

Anak

shadowda wrote:

prejudice you mean?

Prejudice is judging someone before you know the whole story, like thinking a black guy is going to steal your stuff when he walks past you or something. It is discrimination but not necessarily one which you act upon.

#115 2016-01-28 01:01:02, last edited by shadowda (2016-01-28 01:02:40)

shadowda

Anak wrote:
shadowda wrote:

prejudice you mean?

Prejudice is judging someone before you know the whole story, like thinking a black guy is going to steal your stuff when he walks past you or something. It is discrimination but not necessarily one which you act upon.

yes. is that not whats going to here with iPwner and jawapa and whoever?

someone saying something abut southerners and California that's factually inaccurate.

and the example with the black guy is ok. though prejudice can be racism it is not always. but im sure you knew that. not to sound rude or be mean. i just don't want to sound like i'm correcting you or anything by telling you prejudice can be racism.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#116 2016-01-28 02:09:24

Pingohits
Banned

not to be racist but i think we should deport all illegal muslims to their home country of islam because they are practicing shania law

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (3)

#117 2016-01-30 01:15:10, last edited by iPwner (2016-01-30 02:09:15)

iPwner
Website

JaWapa wrote:
iPwner wrote:

Yeah the southern states are where all the gun-worshipping milkjugs roam.

Oregon isn't a southern state.  Ohio is fairly big on guns too; also not a southern state.

iPwner wrote:

iPwner wrote:

You? Calling ME racist? Funny - truly!

You're a white, previously openly racist on this very forum individual. You have never suffered through the struggle of being oppressed. From what I can tell, by simply putting the pieces together, you're still racist IRL and in your head here. Most people here don't even grasp the concept of racism even though they claim to (such as buzzerbee claiming "racism is the systematic opression of black people"). My suspiscion is that he, in addition to 80% of you, are mostly subconsciously (but probably a small fraction openly) racist. You don't even grasp the CONCEPT of racism, and using it against someone like me is extremely racist. A racist doesn't have the right to call someone racist because they don't know what a racist is, meu amigozinho. ;) You seem butthurt due to the fact that I stated the truth: as much as you'd like to counteract, the evidence is there; your very posts, the condescending way you always speak, everything - you're a bloody racist! :3

You think supporting Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio makes you not racist? They don't even support legalizing immigration - just goes to show that they are truly whitewashed. They are white men behind brown masks, and their skin is not even caramel - they are the product of constant exposure to white people. Here's a rule of thumb: if they were born to white families, raised by white families and exclusively white friends, and paid by white people to endorse the rich white people's requests and be supported by the ignorant because they are hiding behind the facial structure of a "mexican"  - they're white. Another factor to consider is that their skin is not brown, which highly lessens their representation of the race because 90% of people in the race ARE brown - and they are hte ones that are discriminated against. They bring DISGRACE to latinos.

Now that you (hopefully) know you're racist, I'll actually try to un-racistify you, despite how little I can do - you're still young, and maybe your developing brain can still improve.

Something EXTREMELY FRIGHTENING I experienced when I visited brazil was this: while I was driving in the car, every billboard had a recurring pattern: white TV actors, white politicians, white models, white white white all around. And then I looked onto the street, with the zooming motorcycles and run-down houses and glaring sun: 100% black or brown people. When 100% of the billboards have white people, and 98% of the people there are dark skinned... you know there's a problem.

The people I know are vast: I know clever, witty, "british-humored" black people, mexican nerds, asian 'badasses', white... (can't think of something that goes against a stereotype because white people have no stereotypes). There is an infinite pool of diverse personalities regardless of someone's skin-color, EVEN if you believe the world only exists in your peripheral vision and the population of earth is "3 white people" because you are sitting at the dinner table with your mom and dad. If you actually lived somewhere in the usa that's diverse (such as new york or california) then you'd know this stuff - that's why I said there's LESS racist people here because people are actually EXPOSED to other races, and not raised by racist parents (who were also never exposed and also raised by racist parents - thats the cycle) who deeply affect their thinking, as most parents do to their children.

I just realized I wrote an entire essay on racism on the Everybody Edits Forum, but I really take this stuff seriously. It's the most important issue in the world, one hundred fold and far beyond. It's why people are blowing up people in the middle east. It's why Donald Trump exists, why people are massacred on the daily because of their skin color in countless countries; even in "brown" countries, the tiny white minority somehow rules over the dark-skinned people, why most white people are subconsciously racist, why the twin towers fell, why hitler happened, why most human atrocities happened, why... you get the point. Not EVERY human atrocity, but 98% at least. I don't know if it will ever be solved, because of the constant cycle of racist parents morphing their children into racist parents, and a minor problem being these racists converting OTHER people into racists against THESE racists. But if it would be, I guarantee world peace would follow.

I doubt this post will even get many woots; the people on this forum are overwhelmingly white. It may be wishful thinking to think I could change someone's mind.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#118 2016-01-30 22:53:35, last edited by Glenn21 (2016-01-30 22:58:40)

Glenn21

@iPwner

I think it's ironic how you consider racism "the most important issue in the world, one hundred fold and far beyond" yet you also say "The only states with sane people are New York and California, and a few of the little states scattered around those two".

The beliefs "only people of race X are sane" and "only people that live in place X are sane" sound pretty similar to me...

Wooted by:

#119 2016-01-31 00:09:01, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-01-31 00:59:28)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

iPwner wrote:

You have never suffered through the struggle of being oppressed.

As much as I hate to share details from my personal life, or bring up anything from the past: I was abuse for around 10 years.  I was basically treated like a slave.  I was only to allowed to be at school and home.  I was never allowed to talk to my friends.  If I went against [the abuser] I would be beaten until I had bruises.  I've been punched in the head, kicked in the ribs.  I lived in fear.  But I'm white, and white people don't experience oppression, abuse, or slavery.  I guess I can't relate.

iPwner wrote:

If you actually lived somewhere in the usa that's diverse (such as new york or california) then you'd know this stuff - that's why I said there's LESS racist people here because people are actually EXPOSED to other races,

I've grown up not 20 minutes from a city with a predominately black people.  Though the village I live in does not have an extremely diverse community, there are black people who have always lived here.  When I was much younger I neighbored black people, and remember hang out with them. I have experienced.

iPwner wrote:

previously openly racist on this very forum individual

I have no problem with black people. I have a problem with:
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/bernie-sande … -activists
ferguson-protesters-looting-stealing-smashing-windows-no-peace-justice-mayhem.jpg
ferguson-protesters-looting-tourism-stealing-smashing-windows-no-peace-justice-mayhem.jpg
ferguson-race-riots-michael-brown-darren-wilson-no-indictment-al-sharpton-02.jpg

I even stated that, yes, there are white, asian, mexicans, w/e that get into drugs, gang-banging, etc.
CTXlKZiUYAAb2gz.jpg

violentcrimevictimization.gif
7404906_orig.png
USA_2009._Percent_of_adult_males_incarcerated_by_race_and_ethnicity.png

Pretty large image
iPwner wrote:

you know there's a problem.

Wooted by:

#120 2016-01-31 00:12:29, last edited by Anak (2016-01-31 00:40:24)

Anak

Your abuse was not institutional, it was personal. I assume institutional was what was being talked about. Also, your oppression wasn't due to being white.

Now ain't that a generalisation? Where are you getting all this from bc I've largely heard different. Stereotypes = racist, you know.
In fact, as shown by this, it tends to be white on white/black on black crime that is extremely large: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c … r_2013.xls
Those images are actually from the Ferguson riots, where, as we all know, a white policeman shot an innocent black teenager, peaceful protests occured, which were met by police brutality in the form of tear gas, rubber bullets, and I think even more shootings. Those riots were going on to get people food and water, as I recall, rather than just random crimes of theft.

To continue, revers google image searches come up with this:
White more likely to abuse drugs than blacks
Everyone does drugs, but only minorities are punished for it

Your graph "violent crime rates by race of victim" show that black people are in fact more victimised than white people so idk you just blew up your argument?
"adult males incarcerated" doesn't necessarily mean black people commit more crimes than white people. See "only minorities are punished"

About that Bernie Sanders rally, #blacklivesmatter activists have been at all candidate rallys and have interrupted them, and with that specific rally, those activists were unaffiliated with #blacklivesmatter and did not properly represent them, they also issued out an apology. This in fact prompted Sanders to talk about issues with #blacklivesmatter and racial issues as well. http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 … ption.html

You say it's not about race, but how you present yourself, but you're stereotyping the black community as criminals. That's about race, isn't it?

Wooted by:

#121 2016-01-31 00:43:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Anak wrote:

Those riots were going on to get people food and water, as I recall, rather than just random crimes of theft.

According to Wikipedia, "The Ferguson unrest (also referred to just as Ferguson) involves protests and riots that began the day after the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by Darren Wilson."

Anak wrote:

Those riots were going on to get people food and water, as I recall, rather than just random crimes of theft.

Some how, Ferguson managed to run out of food and water in 2 days.  Where people in military controlled territories in the Middle East have been "okay" until recently.  Makes sense.
... well, no, that's not what happened.

"On August 10, a day of memorials began peacefully, but some people became unruly after an evening candlelight vigil.[26] Local police stations assembled approximately 150 officers in riot gear.[27] Some people began looting businesses, vandalizing vehicles, and confronting police officers who sought to block off access to several areas of the city.  At least 12 businesses were looted or vandalized and a QuikTrip convenience store and gas station was set on fire, leading to over 30 arrests."

hm, looks like the looting and illegal activity began prior to "police brutality."

"On August 11, police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse a crowd at the burnt shell of the QuikTrip[29] convenience store, set on fire by looters the night before. According to reports, gunshots were fired in Ferguson and five people were arrested.[31][32] Some protesters threw rocks at police officers. The police responded by firing tear gas and bean bag rounds at protesters which included state Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal.[33]"
So 2 days of people burning their city to the ground, no real police intervention.  Though they talk about trying to disperse the crowd.  Which I see is very reasonable.  People were having their businesses and cars looted and vandalized.  Then the rioters turn on the police with rocks, they return force using tear gas and rubber bullets.  I would say justified.

"On August 12 . . . According to police, some protesters threw bottles at the officers, prompting the use of tear gas to disperse the crowd.[35] The following day, a SWAT team of around 70 officers arrived at a protest demanding that protesters disperse.[36] That night, police used smoke bombs, flash grenades, rubber bullets, and tear gas to disperse the crowd."
I don't see anything that I would consider police brutality."

"Between August 12 and 13, police officers at times fired tear gas and rubber bullets at lines of protesters and reporters. At least seven protesters were arrested on the evening of August 12 and 13 after police told protesters to "'go home' or face arrest."[40] CNN cameras filmed an officer addressing a group of protesters by saying "Bring it, you **** animals, bring it.""
A bit... odd... I guess I would say.  Not seeing police brutality, but you can see where things are tense.

"On the night of August 12, a peaceful protester was shot in the head non-fatally by an unknown party."
Unconfirmed that it was police.

"As night fell on August 13, some protesters threw projectiles at police including Molotov cocktails, and police launched tear gas and smoke bombs."
Rioters are being more and more violent/dangerous.  Police continue to use the same methods they have been.

""Officers slammed me into a fountain soda machine because I was confused about which door they were asking me to walk out of," Lowery said."
Well, this could be considered police brutality.  The man was arrested for no reason.  They were told to leave McDonalds, they didn't move quick enough.

There is A LOT more to look at, but I'm not going to repost the entire website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferguson_unrest

#122 2016-01-31 01:36:21

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I want to talk about the Muslim ban from Trump.

The ban would temporarily deny all Muslims entry into the United States.  Not because they are Muslim, but because more and more people are coming from Muslim countries who practice terrorism.

"That's still racist!"
Okay, then let's allow all these terrorist in, we don't want to offend anyone by trying to protect ourselves.

"We have an elaborate military SWAT team-6 with millions of dollars"
Yeah?  How well have they done so far?  Not very.  We'll keep this up and running though.  But the money that is fed into them needs to be managed better.

"They'll get around it anyway."
Oh, well damn.  We I guess we do nothing at all then, because they're just going to get around it.

I also want to talk about the "big beautiful wall" that Trump says he will make Mexico pay for.  I'm interested in knowing how he is going to make another country pay for it.  I have nothing against this beautiful wall.

"something about denying access"
No.  People can come into the country, legally.

That leads me to wonder, if we deny Muslims, should we deny everyone?  There are people from other parts of the world who join ISIS, so yes, the ban could prove to be moot.  Why not stop all incoming immigrants.

All illegals should be sent back to their country.  We put millions of dollars into their wallet... which is odd.  We arrest people for trying to sneak into the United States, but if they do it successfully we reward them. dahell?

Freedom vs. Security

#123 2016-01-31 16:16:41, last edited by Insanity (2016-01-31 16:18:43)

Insanity

As far as I can see, temporary means "until we've come up with a better solution". When you have a clown like Trump trying to work out solutions in politics and foreign issues, that solution will never come.

Yea, terrorists are Muslims, but not all Muslims are terrorists. Denying innocent Muslims access to the US is more or less breaking down the foundations this country was built on. A better solution would be to increase funding for border security instead of acting like powerfreaks and spending more money on the Military, even though our Military is already significantly larger than any other country.

He called Mexicans rapists, I don't think someone with this level of ignorance should even be considered as a nominee.

At the same time though, I'm happy so many idiots want to vote for Trump. If Trump gets picked as the nominee, it's going to be the easiest election year ever for the democrats because the Electoral College will never vote an incompetent douche like Trump into office.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#124 2016-01-31 17:44:26

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Insanity wrote:

Denying innocent Muslims access to the US is more or less breaking down the foundations this country was built on.

Sure, but it's not like a terrorist is going to tell you they are a terrorist.

Insanity wrote:

A better solution would be to increase funding for border security instead of acting like powerfreaks and spending more money on the Military, even though our Military is already significantly larger than any other country.

They get a lot of money as it is.  Why would we give them more?  It's clear that funding for border security isn't working.

Insanity wrote:

If Trump gets picked as the nominee, it's going to be the easiest election year ever for the democrats because the Electoral College will never vote an incompetent douche like Trump into office.

Insanity wrote:

When you have a clown like Trump trying to work out solutions in politics and foreign issues, that solution will never come.

You call him incompetent and a clown.  But he's one of the best business men there is.  Everyone cracks on him for saying, "I was only given one million dollars."  For common Americans, that sounds like a lot.  When you're in business, that's nothing.  He's taken that 1 million, and turned it into 4 billion.  He's worked with the most powerful people on the planet, leaders of countries.  He's been in politics.

I think a lot of people hate him because he's different.  Anytime something is different, people go crazy.  People argue that he's going against the foundations that America was built upon.  The United States was founded 200 years ago.  200 years ago, there wasn't an eminent threat of jihadi terrorists, who wanted to kill everyone.  200 years ago, they didn't have suicide bombers who were willing to fly planes into our buildings, killing 3000 people.

freedom vs. security

"you're willing to give up freedom because you're afraid"
If I have to give up some freedom for security, so that I may keep the rest of my freedoms, I will.

#125 2016-01-31 17:56:13

Americans and their "muh freedom" lmao

mrjawapa1479405684635217

Board footer