Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#476 2016-11-14 16:30:10

Bobithan

Re: Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?

You're implying people including myself are accusing Trump of being the literal second coming of Hitler. He isn't, we're just pointing out parallels in both of their populist rises that have cause for alarm. History has a tendency of repeating itself, so it's worth discussion. Your only argument dismissing the comparison is the accusation of a fallacy. That's weak, try again.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#477 2016-11-14 16:44:58

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bobithan wrote:

You're implying people including myself are accusing Trump of being the literal second coming of Hitler. He isn't, we're just pointing out parallels in both of their populist rises that have cause for alarm. History has a tendency of repeating itself, so it's worth discussion. Your only argument dismissing the comparison is the accusation of a fallacy. That's weak, try again.

Sure you're not fampai. "I am not accusing Trump of being the literal second coming of Hitler but look how so similar they are! History is going to repeat itself, panic!"

Bobithan wrote:

Also: http://www.snopes.com/1922-new-york-times-hitler/

New York Times, 1922 wrote:

Hitler's anti-Semitism was not so genuine or violent as it sounded, and that he was merely using anti-Semitic propaganda as a bait to catch masses of followers and keep them aroused, enthusiastic, and in line for the time when his organization is perfected and sufficiently powerful to be employed effectively for political purposes.

Sounds pretty familiar to what some hopefuls are saying now.

You can compare it all you want, it doesn't make it true. What about you try to actually argue without making comparisons to Hitler in every post? That is the weak thing. If you all didn't have to do such poor and illogical tactics I wouldn't have to point it out. What is his argument again that I supposedly have to refute? How Trump is going to castrate homosexuals chemically and put liberals and muslims in FEMA camps? (Spoilers before you cherrypick this; it's an hyperbole) Please. If we start to compare things, we don't end today. Regarding the second link, guilt by association is a non-argument, and you should know this.

Hidden text

gLjTZE1.png

#478 2016-11-14 18:49:26, last edited by Bobithan (2016-11-14 18:52:01)

Bobithan

See, what you're doing here is you're seeing an argument being made that /pol/ doesn't like so you're jumping at the opportunity to prove some libcuck wrong, giving you complete tunnel vision as to what argument is even being made here. Maybe it would be best for you to stay in your safe space.

I can't believe I have to repeat myself: Nobody in their right mind is calling Trump a Nazi, but to say there aren't similarities worth discussion is the same as sticking your fingers in your ears like a child. Stop tackling this argument as if I'm speaking in absolutes; I'm not. You're strawmanning me to an embarrassing degree.

Do you even know why we study history? We don't study history because of the entertainment behind true stories, we study history because we learn how to better ourselves as a society and how to avoid mistakes made in the past. There's nothing wrong with talking about one of the most influential historical events in relation to today just because it's a common argument. Things like this shouldn't be taboo.

aka towwl

Wooted by: (2)

#479 2016-11-14 18:59:29, last edited by ZeldaXD (2016-11-14 19:00:57)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bobithan wrote:

See, what you're doing here is you're seeing an argument being made that /pol/ doesn't like so you're jumping at the opportunity to prove some libcuck wrong, giving you complete tunnel vision as to what argument is even being made here. Maybe it would be best for you to stay in your safe space.

Ad hominem and completely irrelevant and senseless. Pathetic. Jesus christ I don't even know why this is here? I am jumping at it because the argument is illogical and you know it perfectly well, muh /pol/ boogeyman demigod.

Bobithan wrote:

I can't believe I have to repeat myself: Nobody in their right mind is calling Trump a Nazi, but to say there aren't similarities worth discussion is the same as sticking your fingers in your ears like a child. Stop tackling this argument as if I'm speaking in absolutes; I'm not. You're strawmanning me to an embarrassing degree.

You're doing exactly that lad.

Did you really have to post that? It looks embarrassing for yourself. Jesus christ.

gLjTZE1.png

#480 2016-11-14 19:21:01, last edited by Bobithan (2016-11-14 19:21:50)

Bobithan

You don't even know what ad hominem is. I'm emphasizing the point that you aren't able to see past absolutes, which you continue to prove.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#481 2016-11-14 19:24:44

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bobithan wrote:

You don't even know what ad hominem is. I'm emphasizing the point that you aren't able to see past absolutes, which you continue to prove.

I know perfectly what it is, what about if you stop using personal attacks now? What about you look deeper at what you wrote?

gLjTZE1.png

#482 2016-11-14 19:30:57

Bobithan

ZeldaXD wrote:

I know perfectly what it is

No.

ZeldaXD wrote:

what about if you stop using personal attacks now

This is irrelevant.

ZeldaXD wrote:

What about you look deeper at what you wrote?

This isn't an argument.

aka towwl

#483 2016-11-14 19:35:05

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bobithan wrote:

"It's irrelevant that I am personally attacking you!" "Why should I look at how I was pathetically pointing out the fact that you browse /pol/ and that you're only disagreeing with me because the hacker known as /pol/ says so? Go to your safespace and leave me in mine!" Are you sure you are the one who knows what it is? Can you actually read? I can see you're getting kind of heated, do you need some water towel?
post-image.25447ce26f0bc49b4018f29f415203ac.jpeg

gLjTZE1.png

#484 2016-11-14 19:39:58

Bobithan

Congratulations, nothing you said is relevant to the argument, be it the original argument or the meta argument, and consists only of strawmanning and personal attacks. Please stop projecting, thanks.

aka towwl

#485 2016-11-14 19:44:51

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bobithan wrote:

Congratulations, nothing you said is relevant to the argument, be it the original argument or the meta argument, and consists only of strawmanning and personal attacks. Please stop projecting, thanks.

Jesus christ, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING, NOT ME. Can't see you it? Or am I crazy here? Ridiculous.

gLjTZE1.png

#486 2016-11-14 19:51:20

Bobithan

ZeldaXD wrote:

NOT ME.

Let's see then...

ZeldaXD wrote:

"It's irrelevant that I am personally attacking you!" "Why should I look at how I was pathetically pointing out the fact that you browse /pol/ and that you're only disagreeing with me because the hacker known as /pol/ says so? Go to your safespace and leave me in mine"

Srawmanning

ZeldaXD wrote:

Are you sure you are the one who knows what it is? Can you actually read? I can see you're getting kind of heated, do you need some water towel?

Ad hominem

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#487 2016-11-14 19:54:17

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Both are racist. But Donald Trump is even more.

#488 2016-11-14 19:56:14

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bobithan wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

NOT ME.

Let's see then...

ZeldaXD wrote:

Srawmanning

Except you did say this

Bobithan wrote:

Bobithan wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

Are you sure you are the one who knows what it is? Can you actually read? I can see you're getting kind of heated, do you need some water towel?

Ad hominem

The fact that you're so blind and can't see at what you're writing kind of shows that you're getting heated, maybe you should leave this thread for a while.

gLjTZE1.png

#489 2016-11-14 20:03:20

Bobithan

Alright.

aka towwl

#490 2016-11-14 20:08:23

Ratburntro44
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

Or am I crazy here?

yes

Wooted by:

#491 2016-11-14 20:08:49

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Ratburntro44 wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

Or am I crazy here?

yes

I don't think so.

gLjTZE1.png

#492 2016-11-14 22:21:47

Pingohits
Banned

read this a few moments ago, pretty interesting perspective if you ask me:

Victor Liu wrote:

If you don’t understand how Trump could win before Nov. 8th, I totally understand you.

If you still don’t understand how Trump won now, you have a serious arrogance and ignorance problem.

I would assume you, the reader to this answer, live in a urban area in either Northeast or the West Coast, college educated, a typical left-wing supporter and advocator for your entire life.

That’s nice. You work in the office with HVAC on 24/7/365. You go to gym after work, watching news from CNN or NBC on the treadmill. Then you eat your dinner out somewhere with a friend, probably not cooking at home. Sometimes you fly between NYC/Boston and LA/SFO for business. When you look down from the plane window and see those endless farmlands and mountains in the midwest, you are thinking “I can’t imagine living a life down there.”

When you saw Trump won, you were shocked. Holy ****! There’s not a single person around me who supports Trump, how could he win?

That’s where the problem is. You are living in a completely different world than those Trump supporters.

When you refuel your car, have you ever wondered where the gas comes from, if not imported? Who drilled the oil for you?

When you charge your phone, have you ever wondered where the electricity comes from? Who dug the coal to power the plant?

When you shop in the supermarket, have you ever wondered where the fresh vegetables and fruits come from? Who drove the truck all the way from California to New York to deliver those goods?

Those are the people who support Donald Trump. Have you ever talked to anyone of them?

Without you, they can still feed themselves, but without them, you will be starved to death.

So now how could you despise them as “uneducated redneck racists”?

When they watch the news, even when watching Fox News, the camera is always on the big cities far away from them. They are ignored, as if they don’t exist in this country. No one pays attention to them, and no one speaks for them, until Donald Trump.

They could drive a truck for $8k a month 20 years ago working 60 hours a week, but now the illegal immigrants are willing to do it at $3k. They lost their jobs.

They could work in a factory for $4k a month 20 years ago, but now the job goes to China and Mexico. They lost their jobs.

You can’t urge a 40-year-old man having a family to raise to go to college again and learn programming. They can’t and they can’t afford.

You also can’t say in 10 years robots are doing the job for them and they should just vanish because they can’t follow the era.

They are human beings. They are lovely nice people. They don’t hate you. They work hard so you can live a comfortable life. Why do you hate them? Why do you label them as racists, xenophobia, bigots without even knowing how hard their lives are?

When they are losing jobs and falling into poverty, they stay at home and turn on the TV, see Obama and Hillary speaking on ABC News: “The biggest problem we are now facing is climate change.”

And they sigh, they switch to Fox News and see Donald Trump speaking on his rally in Detroit MI: “We need to rebuild our inner cities, we need to bring jobs back.”

When they saw Obama visiting NYC after hurricane Sandy in 2012, but was playing golf when the devastating flood in Louisiana destroyed thousands of homes this summer, they knew they were forgotten.

When they saw Trump visiting Louisiana after the flood, a state that he didn’t need to campaign at all, they knew someone actually cared for them.

If you are them, who will you vote for?

They are the silent majorities. They live in your flyover states. They don’t care about LGBT or BLM. They are not racists or homophobia. They just want jobs to feed their families.

Please throw away your arrogance and start to care about those people. They are Americans too. They are more American than you are, since some of your clients and costumers are foreign.

They have no methods to let you hear them. They only have their ballots. They vote to knock you out of your utopia. That’s the power of democracy. That’s why democracy is great. It never ignores anyone.

If you believe your value is progressive and right, you need to help them getting out of their trouble first. You can’t blame and mock them. It will only push them away from you even more.

Trump has been a democrat longer than republican in his life, but he could still defeat 16 republican candidates and won more votes in the primaries than anyone else in the history. This has already proven that the silent majorities are much more tolerant now on social issues. They just want someone to fix the economy for them.

Now it’s your chance to work with them, help them under the 4 years of Trump’s presidency. Stop protesting and introspect yourself. Isn’t your arrogance and ignorance that brought Trump to the White House?

url here: https://www.quora.com/How-did-Donald-Tr … ?srid=2NXF

thoughts?

791mAP8.png

#493 2016-11-14 23:26:12, last edited by Tomahawk (2016-11-14 23:27:07)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Pingohits wrote:

url here: https://www.quora.com/How-did-Donald-Tr … ?srid=2NXFthoughts?

I threw up a little in my mouth.

I'm sure he's right about this applying to a fraction of Trump supporters, but the fact remains that Trump said a lot of impressive things with no substance behind them and he still won. It might not be fair to have an idea of the average Trump supporter, but the fact that stereotype exists says something about his voters.

I see your url and I raise you mine: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the … s-support/

Thoughts? =3

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#494 2016-11-15 01:15:37, last edited by iPwner (2016-11-15 01:31:06)

iPwner
Website

@jawaap

"Robert Ventura" I have never MET, you have never met, I have never HEARD of a Robert Ventura throughout my thousands of years of existence, did you think I would find it irksome to be compared to an individual, whom to me, does not even exist in this world, this universe, this plane of reality? Okay john trevolta!

"If I remember correctly, you called people out for fear mongering." Looks like you remember incorrectly. Maybe grab a bandaid to patch your bleeding memory? Buy em cheap here ;3-> http://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medicine … uId=926262

"Would you like Russia to be **** at the US? Making an ally is never not a good thing. That's one less country we have to be eerie of." Do you have a mind? I literally DREW the comparison with a maroon paintbrush in front of your very eyes, connecting a dot from Hitler to Mussolini, and flashed my opening and closing palms next to the connection for several seconds. And your mouth, still agape and babbling, continues to drool with befuddlement and a craving for more fox news applesauce? Do I need to play a game of peekaboo with you to process basic facts? o _ o PEEKABOO! Hitler & Mussolini = Putin & Trump.

"Hillary supported by terrorist group" Again, basic failure to check facts has thrust your argument into a puddle of alphabet-cheerio spliced drool.  -_o Please, sue me.

" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_K … s_politics 11/14 people in that list are democrats. "   80 years ago, the democrats swapped with republicans and republicans swapped with democrats. 80. Years. Ago. O-o Where have you been for the past 80 years? How have you not learned this yet should be considered a national emergency.  http://factmyth.com/factoids/democrats- … platforms/  I am tired of DAY AFTER DAY continually having to slap diapers of knowledge onto your bleedy-poopy bum of ignorance! O:< Take the AGGREGATION to get your own goddamn crib, rock your own ****, change your own goddamn diapers, and stop PLEADING to suck my throbbing, bulging thumb merely due to your lack of research.

All I can say is that only when you stop DRINKING from the witches TEAT of ignorance, and when you stop mass reproducing these devilblobs of

Quote Blocks Pyramids

out of your uterus and into the forum will these basic connections make sense. That are it BB G!

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#495 2016-11-15 01:28:19

Ratburntro44
Website

iPwner wrote:

@jawaap

"Robert Ventura" I have never MET, you have never met, I have never HEARD of a Robert Ventura throughout my thousands of years of existence, did you think I would find it irksome to be compared to an individual, whom to me, does not even exist in this universe? Okay john trevolta!

are you having a stroke or just on extremely bad google translate? he said 'Jesse', not 'Robert'

iPwner wrote:

All I can say is that only when you stop DRINKING from the witches TEAT of ignorance, and when you stop mass reproducing these devilblobs of

Quote Blocks Pyramids

out of your uterus and into the forum will these basic connections make sense. That is all!

what the @#$% are you even saying?

Wooted by:

#496 2016-11-15 01:39:25

iPwner
Website

@ratburnto43
My cares are out, dare //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Also could I just point out that many conservative usernames here sound like numbered diseases? ;3 "I just caught a Glenn21." "I have a repulsive case of ratburnto45 on the upper sector of my hip." "I am sorry to say we have identified a bimps2002 in your stomach, apply hydrogen peroxide to the spot of irritation for 5 days." Just an observation! :o

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#497 2016-11-15 01:44:23

Ratburntro44
Website

1. literally none of those sound even remotely like disease names
2. i'm not even conservative

#498 2016-11-15 01:53:30

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

We are making America great again!

I'm starting to look at WW3 as the Olympics.

Russia, U.S., Britain, South Korea, Turkey, (+ allies)   vs.   China, North Korea, w/e tf the middle east is, Japan, ISIS, (+allies)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Discord: jawp#5123

#499 2016-11-15 01:59:01

iPwner
Website

I envision a conservative as an overall type of person, and you fit that category even if you haven't "confessed" your embarassing views. That's just the way I do, doo-doo. In jeer, I believe you were -Not- my main subject of argument until, like a leaf, you fell on to my nose and prickled it, itching your way into this subject of discussion. I will now eject you from this argument with a gust of wind from my nasal passage. Noseblow. BEGONE!

Im A ®a®ity ®

#500 2016-11-15 02:01:37

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

why do we feel the need to label people jfc

Discord: jawp#5123

mrjawapa1479405684635217

Board footer