Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-12-20 01:41:03

Abelysk

Re: Sexuality

Anak wrote:

Changing your sexuality just makes me think of "praying the gay away" so I have no idea where you're going there lol

I said "interchangeably", meaning it's possible to go from straight to gay, gay to straight.

#52 2015-12-20 01:44:37

Anak

Kefka wrote:
Anak wrote:

Changing your sexuality just makes me think of "praying the gay away" so I have no idea where you're going there lol

I said "interchangeably", meaning it's possible to go from straight to gay, gay to straight.

That's what I was referring to

#53 2015-12-20 04:25:49

shadowda

any bisexuals in the house?

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#54 2015-12-20 04:27:21

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

shadowda wrote:

reporting in

gLjTZE1.png

#55 2015-12-20 07:01:13

Tako
Website

Kefka wrote:

It's all in the brain [...]

Thanks for that insightful comment. 5/7.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#56 2015-12-20 15:17:06

shadowda

ZeldaXD wrote:
shadowda wrote:

reporting in

at least one. im not alone.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#57 2015-12-20 18:49:45

Creature

Any heterosexuals in the house?

This is a false statement.

#58 2015-12-20 19:20:48

hummerz5

don't mind me, just keeping the human race a-going

#59 2015-12-20 19:27:49

Anak

hummerz5 wrote:

And what do you mean by that

#60 2015-12-20 19:31:52

hummerz5

Creature wrote:

hummerz5 wrote:

I'm applying my knowledge of biology; as far as making babies, you need two genders.

#61 2015-12-20 19:32:42, last edited by BuzzerBee (2015-12-20 19:35:41)

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

woot if ur asexual //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool or aromantic (I'm both //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool:cool::cool:)

Anyway to keep this on topic, @Tako there have been studies showing that sexuality does have correlation to genetics, as in cases with twins, if one is gay it is highly probable that the other twin is gay.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#62 2015-12-20 19:34:10

Anak

hummerz5 wrote:
Creature wrote:

hummerz5 wrote:

I'm applying my knowledge of biology; as far as making babies, you need two genders.

So what are you insinuating by that?

#63 2015-12-20 19:35:36

hummerz5

Anak wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
Creature wrote:

hummerz5 wrote:

I'll skip a few back and forth posts:
Homosexuality is unsustainable to a point because babies cannot be made.

#64 2015-12-20 19:36:54, last edited by Creature (2015-12-20 19:37:07)

Creature

hummerz5 wrote:
Creature wrote:

hummerz5 wrote:

Glad I am not the only heterosexual there.

This is a false statement.

#65 2015-12-20 19:37:12

Anak

hummerz5 wrote:
Anak wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
Creature wrote:

hummerz5 wrote:

Surrogacy, adoption, etc?

#66 2015-12-20 19:39:13

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Lmao "keeping the population going" is the dumbest argument. Straight people make up the majority of the population it's not like the human race is going to die out. Not to mention gay men can still donate their sperm and gay women can have children through insemination.

Also who cares if the human race dies out we're all terrible anyway

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (3)

#67 2015-12-20 19:42:42

hummerz5

Anak wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
Anak wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
Creature wrote:

hummerz5 wrote:

Surrogacy, adoption, etc?

Indeed. Such is why I qualified my statement with "to a point." At some point, if homosexuality expands, the birth rate will fall below the death rate, and humans disappear.

No, it doesn't happen instantly. No, homosexuality probably won't get that far. I just threw that point out and here we are.

#68 2015-12-20 19:43:20, last edited by Anak (2015-12-20 19:43:47)

Anak

hummerz5 wrote:

Indeed. Such is why I qualified my statement with "to a point." At some point, if homosexuality expands, the birth rate will fall below the death rate, and humans disappear.

No, it doesn't happen instantly. No, homosexuality probably won't get that far. I just threw that point out and here we are.

Bisexuals?

#69 2015-12-20 22:01:02, last edited by Tako (2015-12-20 22:06:14)

Tako
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

It is biologically feasible for men to have male/female children, and for women to have female children, through surrogacy and gene manipulation. Imagine putting the genetic information of a man's sperm into an egg and then inseminating that egg with a different sperm (or, if you're a fan of cloning, the same man's sperm). For women it would be a little harder, having to inseminate the egg without sperm, but I think that too is feasible. If there is enough interest, we may even see it in our lifetimes. We've already begun to control gene manipulation.

(And before someone says gay parents are detrimental to their children's well being, read this.)

My only concern is with the sociological implications. It's not so much an question of "Can we?", but "Should we?" Personally, I'm not an advocate of changing something that has existed since the dawn of Eukaryota. Social equality is nice and all, but to manipulate the fundamental rules of biology to accommodate equality doesn't seem logical. In other words, I think you should have a pretty good reason to do such a thing, not just "I don't like feeling like a stepparent."

But that doesn't mean homosexuality is unsustainable. If such a moment arrives where

hummerz5 wrote:

the birth rate will fall below the death rate, and humans disappear.

then we will have adequate justification for manipulating genes in this way. But, like you said, that won't happen any time soon. For now, I am comfortable with the fact I won't have a child any time soon. I see it as a consequence of being part of a vast minority.

I would even settle for an imitation biological child: finding a surrogate that looks a lot like myself/my partner, then flipping a coin to see who will be the actual father. I would also make it a point to not know who the actual father is, because that would make one of us feel less attached.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#70 2015-12-20 22:01:48

shadowda

hummerz5 wrote:

we live in a world where orphanages are a thing. that means there are enough parent less people in the world to build a type of place for them. what im saying is that there are plenty of children already who could use a family. and plenty of homosexual couples who would like children. its almost a win win. and no study has shown that a two gender household does any better that a gay one.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#71 2015-12-20 22:40:25, last edited by Crastopher (2015-12-20 22:43:27)

Crastopher
Website

im just gonna go thru a little list because for gods sakes its almost 2016 this "gay/straight" and "male/female" stuff shouldnt still apparently be this hard to get

- theres more than just gay straight and bi
- gender is more complex than male/female due to the fact that some people feel they cant sympathize to either gender and consider themselves agender
- people can be a mix of all three genders. many people feel that they can only sympathize with one gender at a time (i.e. i woke up feeling like a boy and later i felt like a girl) and others feel like all their specific genders at the same time
- transgender is more than just "i wanna be a boy/girl/whatever". look up "gender dysphoria" this is what google's for
- ive heard talk about otherkin a few times on this topic. most people who are otherkin obviously know they arent literally [x] but they identify with [x] because it helps them deal with daily life and it immensely helps with disorders and symptoms, most notably dissociation (aka you dont feel like youre actually you/you feel like everything isnt real/is surreal)
- y'all act like gay people physically cant have sex with and reproduce with the opposite sex or whatever. like in whatever scenario your homophobic brain wants to create where gays have taken over the population people would still have babies like it'd still happen. it just means sex wouldn't be preferrable or comfortable
- y'all also act like being gay is a choice or something. like i, like EVERY gay person ever, could just stop and decide i'm/they're straight now. like we all could just decide were kinda bored of being whipped, stoned, killed in general, teased, spat on, tortured, and insulted (among other things) and go "We wanna be straight now! We're all done with the gay thing. It was just a fad and we're bored of constantly being discriminated against and put through horrible situations daily." i promise you homosexuality is gonna be around forever, and whenever y'all just yak and yak about how its wrong youre just putting stress on yourselves and taking years off your life
- like tako said same-sex couples can have children themselves. like its been a thing for awhile. i dont know much about male/male children but i do know female/female couples can have baby girls using bone marrow to "replace" sperm
- don't even get me started on adoption. theres literally an overflow of studies and surveys on how children adopted by gay couples generally do better in every way in their life and on how many gay people want to adopt

i can find and link some sources for this stuff but im really lazy and im not really gonna unless yall want sources since u can just google a lot of this
and also i can easily go into a lot of detail if yall want this is all just shortened

im gay

Wooted by: (4)

#72 2015-12-20 22:45:19, last edited by hummerz5 (2015-12-20 22:48:38)

hummerz5

Concerning my remark: the implication that humans go extinct in a society where homosexuality is the norm requires life to continue on as it is this day.

I realize that it's not realistic. Humans make advances in science when they want something to be done. In this case, homosexuals will want to make the baby, and they'll find a way. But at the moment, it's not the dominant action (?) Yes, science can do crazy things. But realistically that's not nature... and I imagine there's quite a bit of screwing up to be done when messing with genomes and all that. But sure, if you wanted some crazy system, and society really wanted it, it would be done. There are crazier systems imposed by societal desires than ... well... maybe.

shadowda wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

we live in a world where orphanages are a thing. that means there are enough parent less people in the world to build a type of place for them. what im saying is that there are plenty of children already who could use a family. and plenty of homosexual couples who would like children. its almost a win win. and no study has shown that a two gender household does any better that a gay one.

You missed my point. Biologically, homosexuals do not create offspring. Over time, there would be no babies to take from orphanages.

Edit:
Yeah, you guys win that point. I'm speaking of reproduction in general, barring society's pressures, science's capabilities, and ... whatever causes nuances in sexuality beyond biological requirements.
In other words, given a man and a woman, can make baby.
Given a woman and a woman, cannot make baby.
Given a man and a man, cannot make baby.

But realistically, all those inefficient systems and factors mean that my simplified outlook on things isn't applicable.

#73 2015-12-20 22:53:25

Crastopher
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

<long>

oh my god i just said this

why do you act like all gay people physically cannot have children without the help of science? sexuality is your preference towards what's in people's pants! its not a biological limiation!

i am someone who was born male and is sexually attracted to males. do you think i couldnt go over to some girl's house and knock her up?

also whats with this whole assumption that gay people = gay babies? if gay people could only be born from gay parents dont you think this whole "being gay" thing would be a lot easier since you dont have to deal with the millions and millions of cases of abusive/murderous/torturous parents worldwide?? if for some dumb reason ALL the straights were suddenly extinct or whatever and there were ONLY gays, they could just reproduce! with their opposite designated sex! its obviously not gonna be preferrable or whatever but then there will be straight people in the world!! to reproduce comfortably!!

im gay

#74 2015-12-20 22:57:22

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Has anyone on this thread read Middlesex? I cannot emphasize how little I want to get involved in this debate, but its a really good book on how society views gender and sexuality. I would suggest 10/10

#75 2015-12-20 23:08:41

hummerz5

Crastopher wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

<long>

oh my god i just said this

why do you act like all gay people physically cannot have children without the help of science? sexuality is your preference towards what's in people's pants! its not a biological limiation!

i am someone who was born male and is sexually attracted to males. do you think i couldnt go over to some girl's house and knock her up?

also whats with this whole assumption that gay people = gay babies? if gay people could only be born from gay parents dont you think this whole "being gay" thing would be a lot easier since you dont have to deal with the millions and millions of cases of abusive/murderous/torturous parents worldwide?? if for some dumb reason ALL the straights were suddenly extinct or whatever and there were ONLY gays, they could just reproduce! with their opposite designated sex! its obviously not gonna be preferrable or whatever but then there will be straight people in the world!! to reproduce comfortably!!

knocking a girl up: ah yes, then there's a question for a lesbian: is that action considered rape (then we go into the abortion debate)
gay babies: good point. The (sociological?) way that homosexuality would take hold isn't through offspring. At the same time, I'm not assuming that's the cause; only that somehow it happens.
torturous parents: Whatever causes parents to be torturous is not limited only to heterosexual couples, so your argument ... no.

still going back to my last post. I get it, my view was shortsighted. I still retain it for the simple logic, but it's not realistic.

shadowda1451317718571178

Board footer