Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-19 02:05:13

Muftwin

Re: Does PewDiePie deserve what he earns?

hummerz5 wrote:

(albeit we didn't know)

and he did that makes him smarter than you

- the chance that YouTube would take a Minecraft play-and-video person

youtube accepts almost anything what???

you cannot set 10 people down, tell them to become an internet sensation playing a video game, and have them succeed.

you can if you choose these 10 people

PewDiePie – $4,700,000
SkyDoesMinecraft – $1,780,000
CaptainSparklez – $1,360,000
TheSyndicateProject – $1,210,000
VanossGaming – $626,000 (Quite a new channel)
TobyGames – $1,660,000
speedyw03 – $782,600
League of Legends – $696,100 (However they don’t seem to be moneytised)
KSI – $782,700
Vegetta777 – $676,000

because these are the people that know how to do it, it is possible to succeed the odds that you get one of these people as 10/7b is irrelevant. Infact this is a REALLY weird argument because just because you "set down 10 people" in a meeting (?) doesnt mean theyre going to do what you say. So now your claiming you think you, (or anyone) has some kind of magical leadership power and thats what makes youtubers happen (someone had to tell them to? they didnt do it because they wanted to do it?)

You ask "can you even control yourself or is your personality just luck." Either way, it doesn't matter. If he chose those traits, or his personality predetermined them, somehow the combination ensured his success.

So now it sounds like your agreeing with me. your original post lead me to believe you thought exactly the opposite? heres a quote from you earlier.

"Deserve"
There are many jobs that seem unbalanced for the work put in and the money output.
The common complaint argument is "why are soldiers, risking their lives, paid less than footballers, risking their (?)"

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

#27 2015-12-19 03:38:56

hummerz5

Well, I made my points. I get the feeling you're stepping away from a serious tone, so I'll just take my leave

#28 2015-12-19 17:57:59, last edited by Master1 (2015-12-19 18:04:54)

Master1

Creature wrote:

Youtube, you should stop spending large money in gaming youtubers.

I don't believe youtube is spending any money on gaming youtubers. The last time I checked, the money youtubers receive is mostly just ad money from ads that play at the start of their videos. I remember reading somewhere that 1,000 views on a video (1,000 ads watched) is roughly equal to $1.

Famous youtubers who get a million views per video, would then make $1,000 per video on ad money alone. Youtube isn't losing anything.
-
As for the question of does he deserve it, yes. Making videos is not as easy as recording and uploading. He has to record the first version of a video, then go through tons of editing to make it look perfect. Then he needs artwork for a thumbnail, then background music. Lots of other things in there. Not to mention, if the video turns out bad, he just wasted tons of time.

Also minecraft videos are not that simple to make, most of that game is just grindy stuff that nobody would want to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent 6 hours on a single video, just to cut it down into a 20 minute episode or whatever.

I personally don't like or watch him but he totally deserves what he makes, because in the eyes of MILLIONS, he is amazing at what he does.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Master11450544279568480

Board footer