Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2015-12-17 16:56:29

Processor

Re: Mafia game thread (Town wins)

Calicara seems less and less suspecious tbh.

Someone please step down and !nolynch so we can move on. (Zoey and calicara pls)

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#127 2015-12-17 17:00:31

Calicara

I care about you all which is why I'm standing firm by my choice. Sorry if it means we have to drag this out. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#128 2015-12-17 17:57:45

Processor

!unvote

Freckleface, please tell us if you jailed Calicara last night.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#129 2015-12-17 19:10:22

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

man if it'll get it moving quicker i'm willing to no-lynch so we can hurry up and get calicara tomorrow after she probably kills someone else

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#130 2015-12-17 19:11:48

Calicara

Zoey, your implication to constantly kill me without reasoning only makes you more suspect. :/

tgA1y17.jpg

#131 2015-12-18 12:42:23

Processor

No response from Freckle yet? That's suspicious!

#132 2015-12-18 14:13:18

Processor

I would like to have the following questions answered by the end of this day.

1. Zoey: Have you ever been in jail before?
2. Freckleface: Who did you jail last night?

#133 2015-12-18 17:33:34

Calicara

Processor wrote:

No response from Freckle yet? That's suspicious!

I don't think it's that suspicious. He just doesn't get online then much which is more irksome than suspicious.

Since you're doubting whether or not I've been jailed, I am 100% confirmed that he is the Jailkeeper and Zoey is the mafia.

tgA1y17.jpg

#134 2015-12-18 19:51:14

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Processor wrote:

1. Zoey: Have you ever been in jail before?

i was jailed the night evilbunny was killed iirc

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#135 2015-12-18 20:55:55

Calicara

Ok... Now I know exactly what happened...

Zoey was in Jail the night evil bunny was killed. Therefore the one who killed Evilbunny was ttskate53. But thankfully we lynched him the next day.

Freckleface must have been worried about me since Processor felt suspicious, and I can certainly understand, so he jailed me the next night.

However, during that might Anak was murdered, leaving only the four of us left.

So going back to this post: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 68#p567568

I think it is clear Zoey is mafia. I also don't think she is going to get lynched today because Freckleface has not been actively participating @_@

Guess we'll see where this goes.

tgA1y17.jpg

#136 2015-12-18 21:19:08

Calicara

Ok you know what I have a better idea.

I will vote nolynch!

But highly URGE Freckleface to jail Zoey tonight. If we wake up and no ones been killed then you will see that I am innocent. If I am lying you can always lynch me the next day.

Why should you trust me? Well even if I'm lying it's 3 citizens to 1 mafia. If I was mafia making this suggestion I'd literally be screwing myself over.

tgA1y17.jpg

#137 2015-12-18 22:31:35

Processor

!nolynch

Agreed.

Freckle is 100% the jailor. Why?
If they were a mafia, Calicara would be a town member, and they wouldn't lie about getting jailed.
Therefore they are town and they have no reason to lie about their role, unless they are trying to gamethrow.

Calicara is the doctor. Why?
Freckleface jailed Calicara last night and someone died.
If Calicara were the mafia, they would be the only mafia and there wouldn't be any deaths.

Therefore zoey is the mafia.

Majority vote for nolynch is reached, therefore the day is over.

#138 2015-12-19 00:41:27

Freckleface

ah okay sorry for not being active lately but I will jail zoey then and see how it goes

F

Wooted by:

#139 2015-12-19 03:52:45

RhazzleFrazzle

Nobody will be lynched today. Once I have a PM from every PR saying to skip the night it will end, otherwise I will end the night on December 20 at 10 PM EST.

#140 2015-12-20 06:32:29

RhazzleFrazzle

It's a shame that this needs to happen but I have to cancel the game. The identity of the last Mafia was given away publicly to another living player. The game is now over, and anyone may now post to discuss the game. The master role list and a review of all the players will come soon.

#141 2015-12-20 06:38:45

RhazzleFrazzle

Sheriff-Evilbunny
Doctor-Secropicy/Calicara
Town PR-Freckleface:Jailkeeper
Random Town-Pyromaniac:Vigilante
Citizen-Minecraftftwbro
Citizen-Anak
Citizen-HG
Citizen-MLGNinja/Processor*

Mafia PR-Prodigy5996:Femme Fatale
Mafia PR-ttskate53:Framer
Mafia Goon-Zoey2070

Executioner or Jester-Onjit:Executioner (Target=MLGNinja/Processor)

Night 1:

Evilbunny:Checking Prodigy
Secropicy:Inactive
Freckleface:Not jailing
Pyromaniac:Not shooting

Prodigy:Blocking Anak
ttskate:Framing Minecraft
Zoey:Killing HG

Night 2:

Evilbunny:Checking Anak
Calicara:Healing Evilbunny
Freckleface:Not jailing
Pyromaniac:Not shooting

ttskate:Framing Freckleface
Zoey:Killing Pyromaniac

Night 3:

Evilbunny:Inactive
Calicara:Healing Processor
Freckleface:Jailing Zoey

ttskate:Killing Evilbunny
Zoey:Locked in jail

Night 4:

Calicara:Locked in jail
Freckleface:Jailing Calicara

Zoey:Killing Anak

#142 2015-12-20 13:49:12

Processor

*PULLS OUT THE BANHAMMER*

WHO GAVE AWAY THE IDENTITY OF THE MAFIA?!!!!

This is so lame, we would have gotten Zoey either way, come on. Town won.
I also already had given definite proof that Zoey is the mafia, so honestly, someone saying Zoey is the mafia elsewhere isn't going to be more trustable than a logical proof.

0/10 Worst game ever. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad Oh well...

As soon as I joined the game, I said this:

Processor wrote:

Anyway, Zoey2070 seems suspicious...

I KNEW IT!

Let me also point out that Zoey did a really really good job of staying unsuspecious. I'm impressed.

#143 2015-12-20 14:04:17

Prodigy

I didn't O_O

h0qIF0q.png

#144 2015-12-20 14:51:11

RhazzleFrazzle

Almost forgot. Here's the link to Mafia chat.

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/ijW5YSJJgH26s

#145 2015-12-20 15:10:34

Calicara

I am really sorry. But last night in game for Some reason Zoey told me she was a mafia. I didn't ask her and we weren't even talking about it she just told me. Please don't bar me from future games I was having a lot of fun and it's a shame this has to be cancelled. Hopefully we can start a new game. I'd love to play.

tgA1y17.jpg

#146 2015-12-20 16:11:10

Processor

The decision to call this game cancelled is dumb and unfair. Zoey could just have been modkilled, this way, they have managed to end the game in a tie, by breaking the rules...

#147 2015-12-20 16:14:48

RhazzleFrazzle

After looking over the thread, it's clear that Town was the winner. The victory will be granted to them.

Winners:

Evilbunny:Sheriff
Calicara:Doctor
Freckleface:Jailkeeper
Pyromaniac:Vigilante
Anak:Citizen
Processor:Citizen
HG:Citizen

Wooted by: (2)

#148 2015-12-20 17:05:14

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

ok let me tell u
a thing, or, specifically, why i hath ragequit

Hidden text

tl;dr: i'm gonna claim unfairness on rhazhbash's part by allowing freckle to jail me despite sending command after majority was reached because otherwise i'd still have a chance at winning yo

#149 2015-12-20 18:04:02

RhazzleFrazzle

Player reviews:

Zoey2070-Good news is you played amazingly. Bad news is when it came down to the end you had no way to know who your best kill target was. Unfortunately the two targets that would have seemed the safest to you (Calicara and Anak) were actually the worst, since one was jailed and the other was an easy mislynch. The Mafia fell on some bad luck losing one of their strongest PRs D2, and the other PR being caught by a confirmed Citizen. It was unfortunate, but not having anyone else to accuse pretty much **** you over, and you had no idea that both of the prime targets were unprotected. The good part is though that towards the end of the game, you got into gear. Even though you were almost confirmed as the last Mafia, you were able to make Processor doubt you enough to not lynch you immediatly, which I think is impressive. I'd also like to commend you for your posts in Mafia chat. You were definately the one carrying them.

Anak-One of your first posts was regarding whether Evilbunny was legit or not. Honestly a better way to see if he was legit would have been to watch how Evilbunny accused Prodigy and gauge whether he has the reaction of someone who knows he can get out of a lynch, or someone panicing that his team is losing a player. Had there been another Sheriff, that wouldn't have been the best time for them to reveal, especially since it was possible for the role list to include more than one Sheriff. I do like how you considered multiple possibilities. Was Prodigy framed? Is Evilbunny Executioner/Jester? I didn't want Sheriff to be a 100% accurate role so Mafia could talk their way out if caught, and so you would actually have to read suspects a bit in case the Sheriff's result was bad.

Evilbunny-Your Sheriff reveal wasn't bad, but it also wasn't necessary. Follow the cop is a classic Town strategy, however I added in measures to make that strategy not too strong. Yes there was the threat of a Doctor being on you for the Mafia to not attack you, however because you didn't know the Mafia composition, it wouldn't have been the best idea to reveal at that point. It is possible to push on someone and call them out without revealing yourself, so you could have gone for that instead. Had you not been so lucky to get the roleblocker D2, they could have shut you down completely. You really should have worked on establishing a bigger presence in the town since you were essentially the leader though.

Processor-You were definately the Town MVP. You led Town into the correct lynches and took advantage of your confirmed Town status. There are two main flaws with your play however. The first one is how you approached vote analysis. It isn't as black and white as you think. Town can mistakenly vote other Town, and Mafia can vote each other to look like Town. What you should have looked into is the reasons behind the votes. Are people voting because they honestly believe someone is scum, or are they just doing it to look like Town? Now let's talk about the last day. Honestly at that point nolynching was a terrible idea. Obviously you knew that one of Zoey or Calicara was Mafia, and the other was Doctor. A game ending plan involving lynching one of the two and the other being jailed so they couldn't kill would win you the game right there. If you knew Zoey was Mafia, you shouldn't have voted to nolynch.

Calicara-Are the Mafia the type of people to put the poison in their own goblet, or their enemies? WIFOM makes playing Doctor more difficult, since the obvious heal target isn't always the best. Should you heal the Sheriff, the biggest threat to the Mafia, or heal someone else expecting the Mafia to not go for the person most likely to be healed. Would the Mafia expect you to expect them not to attack the Sheriff and attack them anyways? Your day play was overall pretty decent, but read Processor's review to see why saying you're Town for voting Prodigy is a flawed argument.

Onjit-Fake claiming Sheriff or Lookout was supposed to be possible with the setup I used, but you forgot one important detail. A real PR revealing himself to call out Mafia wouldn't just call out the Mafia he found, but also the PR claim that wouldn't be possible had you actually been a second Sheriff. Tunneling a single player when a Sheriff in your position would have 2 confirmed scum is a pretty obvious sign that you're lying. Sorry that I gave you a hard to lynch player as a target, but it was decided by RNG.

Overall-One thing I regret not doing is explaining how games of Mafia work. Any discussion time you have should be used. If you have something to say about someone, tell what you think and why. As Town look into everyone's posts and determine if their actions are in favor of the Town or not. A good thing that normally starts discussion is for everyone to say their night result, not counting results specific to a particular role like Sheriff. Had you done that at the start of D2, it could have sparked discussion. For example, Anak was roleblocked, so you could have discussed whether a roleblock on him would be more beneficial to Town or Mafia. The more discussion you have, the more you have to gauge what a player is trying to do. It's always in the best interest of Town to use all 4 days of discussion instead of coming to majority in under 24 hours. What ttskate did day 3 was actually a very scum sided move, since it denied Town their discussion time. Unlike games like Town of Salem, in forum Mafia games you have to do more than vote and submit night actions.

Wooted by:

#150 2015-12-20 18:30:40

Processor

Thanks for the reviews. 10/10

About the nolynch at the end: The lack of communication with Freckle made it hard to make the right calls. I knew he was the jailor but they also seemed a bit sloppy.
Even at the end, we never really received the confirmation from FreckleFace that they had lynched Calicara on the last night (N4).
I chose to go with the safest way because lynching the wrong person would have disastrous effects (if our jailor failed to jail the right person)
Nolynch couldn't go wrong, at worst, one person would die but the game wouldn't be lost.

RhazzleFrazzle1450635077568721

Board footer