Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-11-11 16:03:21

Weirdoverse
Website

Re: The Future of Everybody Edits

Make Golden blocks animated? i mean they twinkle every few seconds like water does

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#77 2015-11-11 18:44:58

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

So can u add this sugg in the update

trump's forehead is brighter than my whole future
if i had one

#78 2015-11-11 19:03:19

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

will steam players be like kongregate/facebook/armorgames?

Krosis.gif

#79 2015-11-11 19:44:45

Koya
Fabulous Member

Arkonagames wrote:

will steam players be like kongregate/facebook/armorgames?

No source, but I'm going to say with a 99% certainty - yes (it works)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#80 2015-11-11 20:15:59

Trifectorce

These changes leave a very bad taste in my mouth. For starters:

• Putting people who have 1 portal with those who have 400 portals (like say, me) on the same level is very insulting to veterans who have spent hundreds of thousands of energy into these stackable blocks. Saying that we should be thankful that we're getting unlimited blocks is like kicking us while we're down and then spitting in our eye, because everyone is getting them, not just those who have hundreds of them, and shows that you could not possibly care less about your veterans who have been around since the beginning. This also does not even account for those who have spent gems on these things. You can say gems are meant to be looked at as a donation, with the ability to spend them as a bonus, but you and I both know 99% of people who buy gems are doing just that -- buying gems. Even if gems were meant to be looked at in this manner, removing someone's bonus for donating (which sounds an awful lot like a purchase, in my opinion) is a seriously crappy thing to do.
    Solution: Refund all gems spent on stackable blocks (I'm assuming you would have logs of people buying things using gems, which were bought using real-life currency (for the most part), yes?), and have some sort of compensation for the energy spent on them. Have a one-time energy boost of 25% of the current price (to account for price and quantity changes), give us some worlds for every X amount of energy dumped in, even something like max energy would be better than nothing. (NB: I understand it is difficult to determine how much energy was spent, as the price of shop items has changed, as well as the amount of items you get per pack, but a rough estimate can be found (unless logs of this are also kept?) and the error accounted for)

• The choice of Unity is one I cannot see the point of (NB: I am not angry about this, just curious and possibly a bit confused). I don't see how one could play EE on a mobile device; the game was built from the very beginning to be played on a desktop and everything from moving to building would require a complete overhaul for it to make sense in a mobile space. Also, as already pointed out, Unity is no longer supported by Chrome, meaning users of Chrome (specifically those on Kongregate) will need to switch to Firefox (or some other browser) or use the standalone once that comes out (since they cannot use everybodyedits.com). HTML5 has its flaws as well, but it is better as a whole than Unity. HTML5 is supported on modern smartphones, so I don't see why Unity was chosen.

On a semi-related note, will we ever be able to play using Kongregate accounts on ee.com (or maybe even vice versa)? I understand there's some sort of agreement that prevents this, but I would love to be able to not be chained to Kongregate for the rest of the lifespan of this game. A way to transfer a Kong account to an ee.com account would be even better.

On a completely off-topic note, will we ever be able to change our usernames? I'd be willing to pay (a reasonable amount of) gems for this feature.

Teal dear: Compensation for energy spent on stackables, why Unity?, cross-play or transfer of accounts between Kong and ee.com users, name changes

#81 2015-11-11 20:23:14

Gosha

It means all bots will not be working? And to make them work I need go rewrite it on java?

#82 2015-11-11 20:38:11

Doomsdaytoy9000

What about beta?

XR0wvu0.png

#83 2015-11-11 20:41:52

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Doomsdaytoy9000 wrote:

What about beta?

Processor wrote:
Elizabeth53999 wrote:

Is beta still gonna be available

Beta will be still available, of course. The earth will also keep rotating, and everything else not mentioned in the first post will keep working like it used to.

if i had one

#84 2015-11-11 21:00:35, last edited by Different55 (2015-11-11 21:01:08)

Different55
Forum Admin

Trifectorce wrote:

why Unity?

Because PlayerIO supports only 2 and a half things, and Unity is one of those things. The others are C# and AS3.

name changes

Isn't that already a thing? IIRC Benwanted changed his name to STN.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#85 2015-11-11 21:07:14

shadowda

it would be better if it cost a lot of energy or gems to get unlimited blocks. like over 32000 energy or something to get unlimited of one block. then it would be up to a player. spend months of energy to get a block forever or spend a day or two to get 10.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Wooted by:

#86 2015-11-11 21:17:49

Trifectorce

Different55 wrote:
Trifectorce wrote:

name changes

Is this just an "email the admins" sort of thing? If so, I'd like to change mine

#87 2015-11-11 21:21:31

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Trifectorce wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Trifectorce wrote:

name changes

Is this just an "email the admins" sort of thing? If so, I'd like to change mine

No, you buy it in the shop for 50 gems:
FzqmCQu.png

if i had one

Wooted by: (3)

#88 2015-11-11 21:30:24, last edited by Processor (2015-11-11 21:41:24)

Processor

Alright, here we go.

Trifectorce wrote:

The choice of Unity is one I cannot see the point of (NB: I am not angry about this, just curious and possibly a bit confused). I don't see how one could play EE on a mobile device; the game was built from the very beginning to be played on a desktop and everything from moving to building would require a complete overhaul for it to make sense in a mobile space. Also, as already pointed out, Unity is no longer supported by Chrome, meaning users of Chrome (specifically those on Kongregate) will need to switch to Firefox (or some other browser) or use the standalone once that comes out (since they cannot use everybodyedits.com). HTML5 has its flaws as well, but it is better as a whole than Unity. HTML5 is supported on modern smartphones, so I don't see why Unity was chosen.

The game will run in the browser, and also chrome. Don't worry.

Trifectorce wrote:

Putting people who have 1 portal with those who have 400 portals (like say, me) on the same level is very insulting to veterans who have spent hundreds of thousands of energy into these stackable blocks. Saying that we should be thankful that we're getting unlimited blocks is like kicking us while we're down and then spitting in our eye, because everyone is getting them, not just those who have hundreds of them, and shows that you could not possibly care less about your veterans who have been around since the beginning.

These changes to items are obviously made to attract new players. The game has been losing players, we want to change that and honestly, if you'd rather have 400 portals instead of 40 friends in your room, that's really sad...

and seriously? Kicking you and spitting in your eye? We are giving others equal opportunities, your EE experience shouldn't change much. Actually, your ego might get kicked and spit in the eye, but maybe it's better to lower it a bit! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Stackable items are not cosmetic, you need them to create better levels, and reserving this right to only the people who invest many years into the game makes building levels unattractive for newbies. That's not OK, that doesn't benefit any player, that needs change. You see, a lot of old players quit because of the lack of level quality. The old group of people who once used to build great maps lost interest or ran out of ideas. We need new minds to create the new generation of levels, but they are missing the tools to do so...

The flaw in your logic is that you think people with a lot of stack-able items are veterans, but they aren't! That's like saying rich people must be smart! There are many people with builders club today and buying BC is definitely not the golden ticket to being a veteran.
There are values great players have that go beyond materialistic properties, and I think that's what should and will matter in the long run. We obviously listen to older players' opinions and act upon their wishes, that's our moral obligation to those who supported us for so long, but we are also actively trying to blur the distinction between the "pro"s and casual players. That's the only way we can maintain a healthy, sustainable playerbase. These changes are a step in that direction and I strongly believe that it will benefit everyone involved.

Sure, many of us have logged in every day to spend energy every day and it seems like we've wasted a lot of energy. But let's be honest, you spent energy on those portals either because:

1. you needed the portals to build your newest coolest level sooner: in this case, you got access to something made use you shouldn't be too mad about it because you benefited by buying the portals
2. you had nothing else to spend your energy on: energy is free so you aren't really entitled to any compensation

Now, if you really have spent some gems on stack-able items two weeks ago, before this announcement was posted, feel free to contact me and we will sort it out. That's something I can have sympathy with, and it is common practice elsewhere.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by: (6)

#89 2015-11-11 21:31:16

Br0k3n

Different55 wrote:

name changes

probably that you could change your name all the time, like a nickname, but you will always have your username that you registered with.
---
when will kong and facebook users be able to switch to ee.com? haven't heard anything new about that for a while.
(or i missed something important)

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

#90 2015-11-11 21:32:49

Prodigy

Hmm if we buy gems will it be Unlimited then?

h0qIF0q.png

#91 2015-11-11 21:49:54

Processor

Prodigy5996 wrote:

Hmm if we buy gems will it be Unlimited then?

I updated the first post.

This means that, in the future (planning for January 2016), every block pack will be a single-purchase infinite-use item.

Next time, please use common sense.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by:

#92 2015-11-11 21:55:53

Trifectorce

I'm going to just ignore your snide comments in regard to my question about why Unity was chosen (Different55 gave a real answer instead of saying "we're programmers, we know what we're doing, sit down and stop questioning us") and in regard to my over-inflated ego.

Elizabeth53999 wrote:

No, you buy it in the shop for 50 gems:
<pic>

I completely missed that, thank you!

Processor wrote:

These changes to items are obviously made to attract new players. The game has been losing players, we want to change that and honestly, if you'd rather have 400 portals instead of 40 friends in your room, that's really sad...
Stackable items are not cosmetic, you need them to create better levels, and reserving this right to only the people who invest many years into the game makes building levels unattractive for newbies. That's not OK, that doesn't benefit any player, that needs change. You see, a lot of old players quit because of the lack of level quality. The old group of people who once used to build great maps lost interest or ran out of ideas. We need new minds to create the new generation of levels, but they are missing the needs to do so...

Nowhere did I say making them unlimited was a bad thing. I support that aspect of this change, as having more blocks is a good thing. Attracting new players is also a good thing, and I would rather have 40 friends in my room than 400 portals (not that that matters since it's going to be 40 friends and unlimited portals). I support all changes made to attract new players, as long as these do not come at the expense of older players.

Processor wrote:

The flaw in your logic is that you think people with a lot of stack-able items are veterans, but they aren't! That's like saying rich people must be smart! There are many people with builders club today and buying BC is definitely not the golden ticket to being a veteran.

No, I (we) am not a veteran because I have 400 portals, I am a veteran because I've been playing since 2010. If someone joined 2 months ago and already has 400 portals by buying gems, they are not a veteran, they just have more money than they know what to do with it. And what does BC have to do with any of this?

Processor wrote:

There are values great players have that go beyond materialistic properties, and I think that's what should and will matter in the long run. We obviously listen to older players' opinions and act upon their wishes, that's our moral obligation to those who supported us for so long, but we are also actively trying to blur the distinction between the "pro"s and casual players. That's the only way we can maintain a healthy, sustainable playerbase. These changes are a step in that direction and I strongly believe that it will benefit everyone involved.

I agree with this entirely, changes included, I am just concerned about the lack of compensation for stackable items.

Processor wrote:

Sure, many of us have logged in every day to spend energy every day and it seems like we've wasted a lot of energy. But let's be honest, you spent energy on those portals either because:

1. you needed the portals to build your newest coolest level sooner: in this case, you got access to something made use you shouldn't be too mad about it because you benefited by buying the portals
2. you had nothing else to spend your energy on: energy is free so you aren't really entitled to any compensation

1. is a reasonable proposition, but still doesn't justify the lack of compensation. Imagine you paid to have exclusive access to backstage access at every concert in a tour, with the understanding that the cost you paid for this exclusivity was, in part, due to the number of concerts (ie this would last the duration of said tour). Halfway through the tour, however, the band suddenly decides that everyone has unlimited access to the backstage area, for a small one-time cost. You had no knowledge that this was going to happen. Should you not receive some sort of compensation?

In the latter case, energy was spent on portals because I valued more portals more than more worlds. While nowhere is it stated that your shop items are guaranteed forever, it was sort of an unspoken agreement that shop items would never be retroactively taken away. If I (and everyone else who had spent energy on stackable items) had known this change was going to happen, my extra energy would have gone to collect a few of each stackable and then delegate the rest of the energy into more worlds (assuming these aren't also going away).

As a whole, I would just like to point out I support these changes and like where EE is heading, I am just concerned about one aspect of one of these changes.

Wooted by:

#93 2015-11-11 22:12:12

Kira

Are you guys for real?

Unity is only if you want to download it, thus, less lag.
You can still play on the main site.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#94 2015-11-11 22:15:51

rgl32

KingFudge wrote:

Reading that Everybody Edits is being ported to Unity made me cry because Unity isn't supported on Chrome, as far as I know.

Nou wrote:

Edits will still be available on the main website as it is now. We are aware of the concerns about the Unity Web Player being inefficient and it no longer being supported by Google Chrome, but we will be using the WebGL player for the website, which works a lot better.

WebGL should work on chrome if I remember on what I looked up about it.

Wooted by: (2)

#95 2015-11-11 22:30:52

Nou

rgl32 wrote:
KingFudge wrote:

Reading that Everybody Edits is being ported to Unity made me cry because Unity isn't supported on Chrome, as far as I know.

Nou wrote:

Edits will still be available on the main website as it is now. We are aware of the concerns about the Unity Web Player being inefficient and it no longer being supported by Google Chrome, but we will be using the WebGL player for the website, which works a lot better.

Updated the first post to be clear about all this. People are panicking despite not knowing what they're talking about.

No u.

#96 2015-11-11 22:42:15

Prodigy

Nou wrote:
rgl32 wrote:
KingFudge wrote:

Nou wrote:

Updated the first post to be clear about all this. People are panicking despite not knowing what they're talking about.

Will it work for Mozilla Firefox?

h0qIF0q.png

#97 2015-11-11 22:43:27

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Prodigy5996 wrote:

If ee works on Mozilla atm, then it should work after the update.

if i had one

#98 2015-11-11 22:44:43

Prodigy

Elizabeth53999 wrote:
Prodigy5996 wrote:

It does if you ... downloaded ... FLASH D: wow ... does this mean I have to download Unity Now?

h0qIF0q.png

#99 2015-11-11 22:44:59

Abelysk

I don't know who would spend Gems on stackable items... And honestly, it should feel more like a donation.

Having unlimited stackable items is a good thing. You SHOULD be happy that you no longer need to constantly waste your Energy or Gems. Compensation? Consider unlimited stackable items as compensation already. That's your reward. The catch is everyone else also gets unlimited stackable items. Don't be greedy people.

Wooted by: (2)

#100 2015-11-11 22:46:48

CatoniC
Formerly Elizabeth53999

Prodigy5996 wrote:
Elizabeth53999 wrote:
Prodigy5996 wrote:

It does if you ... downloaded ... FLASH D: wow ... does this mean I have to download Unity Now?

Do you not have flash?

if i had one

rgl321467417981610840

Board footer