Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-02 06:18:18

Tako
Website

An open letter to the EE community:

Five years ago this month, I joined the EE community. I remember those days fondly: I was tired of the five-minute games on Kongregate and sought out something a little more substantial. I wandered into the multiplayer section (which consisted of just a couple dozen games), and stumbled upon a strange game by someone named QRious, a game whose name made no sense and had little Facebook emoticons on its avatar. I wandered further and further into the tunnel and before I knew it, I was trapped inside.

Every day I would come home from school and do virtually nothing on Everybody Edits for hours on end. I remember enshrining Iraka's worlds for their popularity and copious amount of diamond blocks, and then EX Crew's levels for their incredible attention to detail and difficulty. I remember my obsession with RavaTroll: his funny way of punctuating sentences ( ! ) and landscapes that were as fantastic as a science fiction novel, and BEE whose art resembled reality in a way I had not imagined was possible using the extremely limited palette of the time. I saw these people, and in my brief and inhibited experience of the world, I immortalized them. They were the most amazing people I knew. Like kids awaiting the next TV show or video game, I anxiously awaited the next great EX level or Chris's next update.

It took me a while to discover ee.forumify.com, and probably for my own good. As you can see from my severe post count, these forums sucked me in faster than EE itself did. When I joined the forum, it was a bustling city with hundreds of prolific crews (MG, MX, EX, TI:1, to name a few) all competing to be the best. I was sucked into a crew nobody cared about (appropriately called NoName), and then slowly but surely I began to produce instead of play. I made levels of all sorts and for the first time in my life I made friends that I genuinely liked and respected (Supa, JadElClemmens, Chimi, Shift, Different, and Coldstormers). Together, we just had fun and grew.

I give you this lengthy backstory in order to give credence to the following sentence: Everybody Edits has changed my life for the better in a fundamental way. It was this forum that sharpened my ability to write. It was this community that pointed my life in the direction of Computer Science. It was this forum that pointed me away from a religion that was poisoning my life and preventing me from accepting my sexuality. It was this forum that kindled an appreciation for community and the individual that will follow me for a lifetime. It was this forum that taught me how to respect and lead people through being moderator. A "thank you" is in order.

Thank you for being so much more than a silly flash game with stolen graphics.

Thank you for not giving up on Chris even though he completely broke the game a few times and then seemingly died.

Thank you for simultaneously accepting me and challenging me to grow and mature.

You've been an incredible first chapter in my life.

Sincerely,
Takoda

P.S. nostalgia

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 2015-11-02 06:26:08

STD
Formerly BenWanted

Re: An open letter to the EE community:

no, thank u

random-pictures-316.jpg

#3 2015-11-02 21:31:20

Abelysk

I nominate Tako to be the second mod alongside Zoey2070.

#4 2015-11-02 22:12:08, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-02 22:12:23)

Insanity

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

i dont need more people deciding I need to get banned nty pls

edit: lmao you forgot different55

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#5 2015-11-02 22:12:37

Creature

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Back to the days where going off-topic is an instantly warning.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#6 2015-11-02 22:18:58

Tako
Website

Creature wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Back to the days where going off-topic is an instantly warning.

I think if you can at least attempt to link it to the original then it's more acceptable than just going off on your own tangent. For example: one of the happiest moments in my life (no I am not exaggerating) is when Cyclone (if anyone remembers him) asked if I wanted to be a moderator.

Wooted by:

#7 2015-11-02 22:23:25

Different55
Forum Admin

Insanity wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Excuse me, but I'm an administrator. I killed a lot of people to get this title, I deserve to be called such.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#8 2015-11-02 22:49:31

Bimps

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

some guy that says ee helped him doesnt mean he should be a mod. in that case over half of the current active members would be mods

#9 2015-11-02 22:59:14

Hexagon

Bimps wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

some guy that says ee helped him doesnt mean he should be a mod. in that case over half of the current active members would be mods

We should have a yearly vote of who should be moderators. Each user could provide a sample of how they contributed to the community, or why they would like to still be a moderator/would like to become one. This includes to-be moderators and people who are already moderators.

#10 2015-11-02 23:01:47

Creature

Hexagon wrote:
Bimps wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

We should have a yearly vote of who should be moderators. Each user could provide a sample of how they contributed to the community, or why they would like to still be a moderator/would like to become one. This includes to-be moderators and people who are already moderators.

We don't need more moderators.

#11 2015-11-02 23:02:19

Hexagon

Creature wrote:

We'd be keeping the same amount. New moderators could replace older ones if they don't get enough votes.

#12 2015-11-02 23:05:43

Creature

Hexagon wrote:
Creature wrote:

We'd be keeping the same amount. New moderators could replace older ones if they don't get enough votes.

What is wrong with Zoey2070?

#13 2015-11-02 23:17:25

Abelysk

Bimps wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

It's just that Tako was a great mod on eeforumify.

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2015-11-03 08:44:00

Tako
Website

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

It's just that Tako was a great mod on eeforumify.

I'm actually shifting my focus towards "Supreme Dictator of the Universe" but I'll use this in my résumé.

Wooted by: (3)

#15 2015-11-03 18:13:25

Mait

Different55 wrote:
Insanity wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Excuse me, but I'm an administrator. I killed a lot of people to get this title, I deserve to be called such.

you killed me.... wait oops

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#16 2015-11-06 01:38:29

Cyral

Tako wrote:

Everybody Edits has changed my life for the better in a fundamental way. It was this forum that sharpened my ability to write. It was this community that pointed my life in the direction of Computer Science.

I barely ever come here anymore but this hits so close to home. If it wasn't for EE I may have never learned programming or learned at such a young age. I've not touched any code related to EE in years but my experience in writing crappy bots years ago led to so many new experiences that I owe entirely to EE and the community here.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

Wooted by:

#17 2015-11-06 03:19:44

Pugmatt

Haven't came here in like 4 years but this definitely brings back old memories. Definitely remember  some cool (and the cringy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) experiences I had on here, and the knowledge gained in programming with... well crappy EE bots. A lot of thanks can go to this game, and the community that's with it.

Wooted by: (2)
Pugmatt1446776384555738

Board footer